AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-25, 12:36   Link #121
Sides

Latest Iwata Asks column interpreted by annop on his site.
To keep it short it is a discussion between Takahashi, Iwata and Sakaguchi about RPGs. Worth reading if you have some spare minutes with nothing to do, besides pressing F5 all the time.
Game is out in two days, apparently some people already have it in their filthy hands...
Check out the HP for more demo videos, think last one was updated yesterday.

Short update on the e-petition , not that it matters anyway, only 11500 in one or two weeks, seems like a western interest just isn't there.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 23:29   Link #122
Sides

Official release day, nice to see Sakaguchi buying one copy himself, to support his game ^^, read more on andriasang.com

And my copy has been shipped today, so hopefully i get it by next week.
Old 2011-01-27, 04:46   Link #123
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Official release day, nice to see Sakaguchi buying one copy himself, to support his game ^^, read more on andriasang.com
Yeah i just seen this. Brilliant is all i can say.

Now to wait on reports from people who've played the game that can tell us if a tiger is apart of the games content or not.
Old 2011-02-01, 12:45   Link #124
Sides

My copy just arrived YaY, got the preorder goody Elements of The Last Story as well. Going to post pictures of it later this week, kind of busy right now.
Old 2011-02-02, 18:57   Link #125
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
It depresses me that it might not get an international release. Please do well game. Specially if you're awesome.

._.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 19:04   Link #126
Freeter
beyond

Got my copy recently also, along with the extras. I thought the artbook was going to be bigger, but the illustrations are nice.

Spent a good hour trying to get a feel for the controls. Right now I'm sticking to Auto since Manual feels awkward using the D-pad for rolling and such, but I haven't tried the Classic Controller yet so maybe that'll make it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
It depresses me that it might not get an international release. Please do well game. Specially if you're awesome.

._.
Trust me, it will. Lots of English already sprinkled throughout the menus and such, all the game really needs is a dub cast and the main script translated and it's good to go.
Old 2011-02-03, 04:50   Link #127
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
My copy just arrived YaY, got the preorder goody Elements of The Last Story as well. Going to post pictures of it later this week, kind of busy right now.
Don't forget to let us know if you see a Tiger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Trust me, it will. Lots of English already sprinkled throughout the menus and such, all the game really needs is a dub cast and the main script translated and it's good to go.
That doesn't make a different really. Wii RPG's don't get released out of Japan that much, so there's a bigger chance we won't see a localized release for Last Story.
Old 2011-02-03, 04:58   Link #128
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So...how is this game ? From what my friend told me, he said that the game is great (although he only just reached chapter 4 )

Is it good because it's enjjoyable, or is it good because of it's complexity ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 13:36   Link #129
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Don't forget to let us know if you see a Tiger.
Already fought it in chapter 2. It was a brief boss battle though, since after it lost 25% health the fight ended and it left.

Quote:
That doesn't make a different really. Wii RPG's don't get released out of Japan that much, so there's a bigger chance we won't see a localized release for Last Story.
This one was tailored more to Western gameplay styles though, and using the tagline "From the creator of Final Fantasy" would easily draw people's attention, so it has a much better chance than the average RPG. Plus with Kinect starting to steal the Wii's thunder, the big N needs all the heavy hitters it can get.
Old 2011-02-03, 13:52   Link #130
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
This one was tailored more to Western gameplay styles though, and using the tagline "From the creator of Final Fantasy" would easily draw people's attention, so it has a much better chance than the average RPG. Plus with Kinect starting to steal the Wii's thunder, the big N needs all the heavy hitters it can get.
My optimistic side totally loves that. Please please please.
My Wii would be happy, too. It's collecting dust since I got my PS3.

I can't really see how it wouldn't be able to make money to be honest D:
Old 2011-02-11, 21:17   Link #131
Soviet

This game is really nice. Played all day until Chapter 15. What's up with those Lv.40 monsters slaughtering my Lv.17 party? Hope I can return to this place later, I want those chests.

Seiren is such a tease, the prank she pulled on Elza in front of the arena was pretty evil. Playing with the desires of a man tsk tsk...

And holy shit, the bad guy is just badass.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 12:38   Link #132
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Played til chapter 4, then i got Mario Galaxy 2 and stopped playing, but i was having a fun time with LS. I think the graphics are a little inconsistent, sometimes they rock and sometimes... They not. I don't like the chars very much, but they only start to open themselves on chapter 3, so, i can't blame them.

The music is quite nice and the battle system is REALLY good, with all kinds of strategies and stuff.

My biggest disapointment is on the fact there's only one town and that town is not that much interesting. There's a couple of things to do there, but it's such a big place... It could've been better. But i haven't played any of the side stories yet, don't know if the town is gonna show her true colors. To me, it's a big town, but it feels like one of the little towns in final fantasy.

Shiroth, the tiger appears on chapter 2. Initially, he's a boss, but then, he retreats after having some kind of affinity with Elza, the main character.

Last Story is really nice, i never got to play Xenoblade(still waiting for a localization, Xenoblade got a lot of story, unlike LS), so to me, Last Story is the go to rpg on the wii.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:01   Link #133
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Last Story is really nice, i never got to play Xenoblade(still waiting for a localization, Xenoblade got a lot of story, unlike LS), so to me, Last Story is the go to rpg on the wii.
Xenoblade shits all over TLS...from a very tall ivory tower. I'm only 30 hours into Xenoblade (well, TLS was already over at this point) but so far it's easily the best JRPG of this console generation.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 16:26   Link #134
Sides

People of Europe put a big circle around 24th February 2012. Yes, that will be the european release day for The Last Story.
You can read more on the official NOE homepage, in the news section. Or you can click on this link (NoE UK page)
After the amazing dub work NoE have done with Xenoblade, including to leave in the japanese audio in it, I wonder if this localisation will get the same first class treatment.
Old 2011-12-10, 20:33   Link #135
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Yes, yes, yes!
I'll totally get it! *happyhappyjoyjoy*
Old 2012-01-18, 07:21   Link #136
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The Last Story Limited Edition Detailed, Plus Official Video Showing Off The Different Versions

Beautiful. This certainly has me hyped for the games UK release at the end of February.
Old 2012-01-18, 13:21   Link #137
Sides

Zavvi and thehut, same company btw, has it listed for £86.93! That is too much. I hope it is just a placeholder and not the final price.
Old 2012-01-18, 19:58   Link #138
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Zavvi and thehut, same company btw, has it listed for £86.93! That is too much. I hope it is just a placeholder and not the final price.
What, that price is a bloody joke. That can't be official.
Old 2012-01-19, 19:14   Link #139
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What, that price is a bloody joke. That can't be official.
Was a placeholder price. Price is now £49.99, which is similar to the other EU nations, amazon germany and france has it listed for 59.99 Euro and spain for 46,60 Euro
Old 2012-01-19, 19:57   Link #140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Was a placeholder price. Price is now £49.99, which is similar to the other EU nations, amazon germany and france has it listed for 59.99 Euro and spain for 46,60 Euro
I don't mind paying £49.99. Good to hear.

Tags
mistwalker, nintendo, rpg, wii