AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-12-18, 22:39   Link #3041
mechdra

Spoiler for Flag 125:
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 22:57   Link #3042
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
That reminds me of something I thought of when flipping through the older pages of this thread (very interesting discussions there, btw) some time ago. That is, who told Elsee to use love to capture the spirits?
Considering her incompetence at doing anything, if she had been put through a course detailing the various methods to use, it'd be impossible to predict which one she would latch on to. Therefore, she had to have been told specifically to use love as the method, without being burdened with the knowledge of how difficult it really was to do so.
Next, the email that Keima got that got him contracted to capture spirits indicates that the sender knew (or strongly suspected, at least) he would use love to do so. When he accepts, they pair him the one devil who doesn't know any other method of capturing spirits. It's the perfect match.
Then, look at what follows. The girls with their gaps filled and spirits removed are stable and Elsee has the highest capture record in recent history. More importantly, while love may be a difficult method to employ to capture spirits, it is the only method that can be used to awaken and power up the goddesses. None of the other contracted humans could have been used to awaken the goddesses.
Looking at things that way, it's not hard to imagine that Keima's contracting was but a training run towards the real goal of awakening the goddesses.
Eisie's boss was the who contacted Keima and Eisie being paired up with him is as far as I can tell a coincidence. She is useless in every aspect so its not like her being paired up with a guy who uses love is anything special. As for why Keima was chosen is simply because hell thought he would be useful. I doubt that they anticipated his success.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 00:01   Link #3043
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Eisie being paired up with him is as far as I can tell a coincidence. She is useless in every aspect so its not like her being paired up with a guy who uses love is anything special.
Elsee was specifically taught to use love and not any other methods. A demon who doesn't know any better and a human best able to employ that exact method. Still think it's a coincidence?
We know, from Haqua and Nora, that the other demons in the capture squads that have taken the regular training course know about the other methods and they consider love to be a risky approach to capturing. Had Keima been partnered with a more knowledgable demon, he might have encountered resistance to using his approach to capturing spirits, or worse, might have been dissuaded from using love altogether.

Quote:
As for why Keima was chosen is simply because hell thought he would be useful. I doubt that they anticipated his success.
Perhaps. But what I'm contending is that someone in Hell knew exactly what he'd be most useful for. Awakening the goddesses.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 03:09   Link #3044
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Elsee was specifically taught to use love and not any other methods. A demon who doesn't know any better and a human best able to employ that exact method. Still think it's a coincidence?
We know, from Haqua and Nora, that the other demons in the capture squads that have taken the regular training course know about the other methods and they consider love to be a risky approach to capturing. Had Keima been partnered with a more knowledgable demon, he might have encountered resistance to using his approach to capturing spirits, or worse, might have been dissuaded from using love altogether.

Perhaps. But what I'm contending is that someone in Hell knew exactly what he'd be most useful for. Awakening the goddesses.
Yes, it's a coincidence. No one in hell (literally) expected Elsie or her partner successfully capture the most Weiss.

It's fairly obvious that they were understaffed when they sent out fresh graduates with no practical experience out to capture the spirits. It's not that far of a leap to infer that New Hell thought the same of the humans: they scouted humans that remotely seemed qualified in solving other people's problems.

As for the goddesses being conveniently close to Keima, it's possible that it wasn't like that from the start like Keima suggested, but the goddesses coverging around Keima after Diana saved Tenri in the cave. A large number of Weiss were trapped in that cave. It's possible that they along with the goddesses were only scattered throughout the world after Tenri's adventure with Keima. Because Tenri loved Keima, they could have gathered around Tenri, who was close to Keima.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 05:49   Link #3045
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yes, it's a coincidence. No one in hell (literally) expected Elsie or her partner successfully capture the most Weiss.
You are forgetting the possible role of Nikaido sensei in this matter.
No, I don't think it was just a coincidence that Keima was paired up with Elsie (the worst demon with the best human partner).
In the same way, probably it wasn't a coincidence that Hakua was paired up with Yukie (the number one demon with possibly the worst human partner, at least from Hakua's point of view).
It's like if someone in the shadow was trying to teach something to these guys during the whole process, in my opinion.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 11:53   Link #3046
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
You are forgetting the possible role of Nikaido sensei in this matter.
No, I don't think it was just a coincidence that Keima was paired up with Elsie (the worst demon with the best human partner).
In the same way, probably it wasn't a coincidence that Hakua was paired up with Yukie (the number one demon with possibly the worst human partner, at least from Hakua's point of view).
It's like if someone in the shadow was trying to teach something to these guys during the whole process, in my opinion.
Nikaido taught them nothing and has been acting on her own along with Akari from the very beginning. They couldn't have been responsible for the selection process because if they were, someone should have been able to recognize them.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 12:13   Link #3047
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Spoiler for Flag 125:
nice set of info, thanks.
Old 2010-12-19, 14:40   Link #3048
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Nikaido taught them nothing and has been acting on her own along with Akari from the very beginning. They couldn't have been responsible for the selection process because if they were, someone should have been able to recognize them.
When I told "It's like if someone in the shadow was trying to teach something to these guys during the whole process", I meant to say that someone wants to teach them a life lesson.
Nikaido could be the one who chose Keima for this mission, because he is an asocial guy who hates 3d girls.
Look at page 7 of the chapter 121...when Keima told "if we accept that premise...then we should have already met all of the goddesses!! If that isn't the case, then whoever planned all of this is incompetent!!", in that panel there's Nikaido...so I got the strong feeling that Nikaido could be involved someway with the fact that Keima has been chosen to find out the goddesses. The guy who hates the real girls, has been forced to love them.
You can't know if Dokuro Skull knows or not Nikaido and Akari.

Last edited by Ryuutai; 2010-12-19 at 14:54.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 01:05   Link #3049
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

That doesn't make any sense. New hell chose Keima because they thought he was a player among players. If anything the only thing hell anticipated was Keima using love to capture the girls. It would have been the same even if any other devil was paired up with him. Also Eisie was taught nothing, I REPEAT NOTHING about love. Like you said love was a dangerous method and the fact that Eisie said nothing meant she is as useless as she is shown.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 16:30   Link #3050
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Spoiler for Flag 125:
Thanks for the spoiler. This chapter seems to be quite fun.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 09:58   Link #3051
Kagayaki

Spoiler for a page from ch. 125:

Hahahahahahaha (Oh, Haqua)
Old 2010-12-21, 10:07   Link #3052
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post

Spoiler for lololol:
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 10:50   Link #3053
tsunade666

Shiori is one of the fujoshi
Old 2010-12-21, 11:39   Link #3054
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .........................

*bangs head against wall repeatedly*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 14:19   Link #3055
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:

That's extremely amusing, definitely don't want to know what shiori might be thinking up. Love the expression Haqua has
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 16:34   Link #3056
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:

Ah, snap. Now Haqua's flat in all possible meanings. And yeah! Shiori fujoshi go go!!
Old 2010-12-21, 21:13   Link #3057
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, it was kind of expected. Shiori as a fujoshi! Let the wild BL imaginary scenarios commence!
Old 2010-12-21, 23:42   Link #3058
tsunade666

Spoiler for 125 Fujoshi:
Old 2010-12-22, 00:24   Link #3059
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Basic translation of those Chinese scans:

Keima: Wait no! I don't want this!

Haqua: What the hell is this?

Yui: I... like you!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 01:59   Link #3060
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Spoiler for 125 Fujoshi:
Wha......WHAT IS WITH SHIORI'S EXPRESSION OF SURPRISE AND HAPPINESS?

Stop posting those disgusting yaoi stuff! You guys are corrupting her!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen