AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 18:54   Link #21
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
thank god no one said kimish is trolling with son goku.....other places have pages filled with people saying he stole the name from dragonball and how hes not original, and people correcting them saying what its originally from and how dragonball didnt invent the name.

but pretty good chapter, telling us about the tailed beast...why 9 tails hates people so much because he has a brain but madara said hes a dumbass.

soon naruto and the beasts will form into one and become the superfriends...or he will release them all and let them roam around the world free, because it seems thats what they all did before they got captured.
Old 2011-12-26, 18:57   Link #22
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
Wow, I went trough 568 chapters only to find out that in fact Naruto is no more than a Dragonball side story? I hope at least that Enma could be revived, I liked the summon of the Thrid. And yes, friend no jutsu rulezzz...
*slaps Tomislav with a copy of "Journey to the West"
Old 2011-12-26, 19:13   Link #23
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
*slaps Tomislav with a copy of "Journey to the West"
Ignore the children that don't know the world existed before their birth.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:31   Link #24
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
thank god no one said kimish is trolling with son goku.....other places have pages filled with people saying he stole the name from dragonball and how hes not original, and people correcting them saying what its originally from and how dragonball didnt invent the name.
just because it didnt originate from db doesn't mean it isnt inspired from db. naruto has about 1,000 db references and similar story lines or characters. I don't have a problem with it really since naruto is definitely its own story and not a ripoff. but you have to admit that anyone who knows db thought this immediately once the name was revealed
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:36   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
just because it didnt originate from db doesn't mean it isnt inspired from db. naruto has about 1,000 db references and similar story lines or characters. I don't have a problem with it really since naruto is definitely its own story and not a ripoff. but you have to admit that anyone who knows db thought this immediately once the name was revealed
the sad thing is DB is all those people know. They never bother to look up the original story (which is consider a world classic) DB was base on.

As for which inspire kishi more, remember the Gold and Silver brother form the cloud village and the Treasures of the Sage of the 6th path? The brothers and the treasures were all taken form Journey to the West.
Old 2011-12-26, 19:39   Link #26
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

The origin of the name Son Goku comes from 孙悟空 (phonetically Sun Wu Kong), a character in Journey to the West as some people have pointed out. So one can use any translation technique he/she desires, and I don't see why it necessarily has to be "Son Goku" in this situation.
Old 2011-12-26, 19:42   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
The origin of the name Son Goku comes from 孙悟空 (phonetically Sun Wu Kong), a character in Journey to the West as some people have pointed out. So one can use any translation technique he/she desires, and I don't see why it necessarily has to be "Son Goku" in this situation.
The "Son Goku" was form the eng scanlator, in the Chinese Trans, Kishi did use 孙悟空. You can blame using Son Goku over Sun Wu Kong on the translator.
Old 2011-12-26, 19:43   Link #28
Cista

Is it me, or do the size of the tailed beasts grow with the number of tails?
Cista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:46   Link #29
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Oh wow. While I understand the use of Son Goku for the 4 tailed beast, I can't believe Kishi has ripped yet again from another manga. Kurama? Really? You had to take from Yu Yu Hakusho too? I thought Kubo already had that covered.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 21:04   Link #30
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Oh wow. While I understand the use of Son Goku for the 4 tailed beast, I can't believe Kishi has ripped yet again from another manga. Kurama? Really? You had to take from Yu Yu Hakusho too? I thought Kubo already had that covered.
Hey bro, Kurama ISN'T original to the Yu Yu Hakusho character:

A) It's an actual Japanese name, still used to this day.
B) There's even a mountain called Kurama.
C) If you really wanna say Kishi ripped the name from Yu Yu Hakusho then you gotta say that Togashi ripped it off from Urusei Yatsura...as there is also a character named Kurama in it.

Geez guys...just because a name is used in two different series DOESN'T mean they are rip-offs...
Old 2011-12-26, 21:10   Link #31
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

C) If you really wanna say Kishi ripped the name from Yu Yu Hakusho then you gotta say that Togashi ripped it off from Urusei Yatsura...as there is also a character named Kurama in it.

Geez guys...just because a name is used in two different series DOESN'T mean they are rip-offs...
it wasn't so much just the name but that the YYU Kurama was also a Fox Demon.

And i wouldn't say ripoff but a homage to a older shounan series.
Old 2011-12-26, 21:10   Link #32
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Naruto is going to split himself off to 9 clones each housing a tailed beast, the chakra from the tailed beasts make each clone "real" and thus be 9 Narutos. One Naruto for each girl in the series... lol *cough*
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 21:31   Link #33
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
it wasn't so much just the name but that the YYU Kurama was also a Fox Demon.

The way people have been reacting it wouldn't surprise me if the name WAS the reason (though now that you reminded them about the Fox Demon they will deny it xD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Naruto is going to split himself off to 9 clones each housing a tailed beast, the chakra from the tailed beasts make each clone "real" and thus be 9 Narutos. One Naruto for each girl in the series... lol *cough*
You're reading too much Rosario xD
Old 2011-12-26, 21:51   Link #34
GDB

Quote:
I'd say this is the key. Kishi hasn't been subtle about how much of an inspiration Dragon Ball was to him, and he probably liked YYH too since they're relatively similar.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 22:17   Link #35
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
Wow, I went trough 568 chapters only to find out that in fact Naruto is no more than a Dragonball side story? I hope at least that Enma could be revived, I liked the summon of the Thrid. And yes, friend no jutsu rulezzz...
hmmm...like the ones before me said, son goku is the monkey king from an old asian tale. the name has been used multiple times in anime, manga and even movies. so it's not that farfetched for kishi to use that name too. but i do get all the fuss. i laughed out loud when i read that his name was son goku. i kept thinking, "wow, naruto finally met goku! luffy did so it's high time he did as well."

Quote:

true, kurama is a japanese name but as far as i could tell, there's no demon fox named kurama in japanese literature/legend except for yu yu hakusho. the usual name for the demon fox in japanese culture in kitsune not kurama. unless i'm mistaken of course.

i don't think it's ripping off though. it's more like a tribute like someone else said in this thread. nothing wrong with that. i still couldn't help laughing though.
Old 2011-12-26, 22:18   Link #36
haegar
mangaviking

well, I liked this chap a lot. certainly looks like fun times ahead if all those guys get individualistic personalities. And Naruto was so dense again, just beautiful
Old 2011-12-26, 22:24   Link #37
itachi-san314

Quote:
the sad thing is DB is all those people know. They never bother to look up the original story (which is consider a world classic) DB was base on.

As for which inspire kishi more, remember the Gold and Silver brother form the cloud village and the Treasures of the Sage of the 6th path? The brothers and the treasures were all taken form Journey to the West.
funny thing is that they are also in one episode of the original dragon ball =) ep. 79 to be exact

Quote:
The "Son Goku" was form the eng scanlator, in the Chinese Trans, Kishi did use 孙悟空. You can blame using Son Goku over Sun Wu Kong on the translator.
thanks for pointing this out. I'm still assuming it is an homage to probably both stories (but mostly db)
Old 2011-12-26, 22:27   Link #38
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Why is it so clear to you? It's the Naruto world, everything is possible when it involves chakra. And again, we've seen from the past interactions that bijuus definitely are intelligent beings who also have a personality.
So you think their personalities were created by the sage of 6 paths when he split the chakra? But why would he give them personality just to be sealed in people and then their conscious mind would begin to hate humans, which would cause suffering for both humans and them. If the sage wanted them to be sealed like the 10-tails was then better to just create them without a conscious mind, to be more like a machine, a tool. I think a more beliveable story is that when the sage was about to die he summoned some summon animals and/or some humans and then he asked them to help him, which probably meant he asked them to sacrifice their life and become one with those chakra parts, or something like that. I think it makes a more interesting story if it happened that way. Otherwise you would have to say that the sage was dreaming about foxes, apes, etc. and decided to create these just for fun when he was near his death
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 22:28   Link #39
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
funny thing is that they are also in one episode of the original dragon ball =) ep. 79 to be exact

they weren't in the DB manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post

true, kurama is a japanese name but as far as i could tell, there's no demon fox named kurama in japanese literature/legend except for yu yu hakusho. the usual name for the demon fox in japanese culture in kitsune not kurama. unless i'm mistaken of course.
Kitsune = Fox in japanese

the Japanese name of the Nine Tail Fox is Tamamo-no-Mae and the Nine tail Fox is normally depicted as female.
Old 2011-12-26, 22:34   Link #40
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
So you think their personalities were created by the sage of 6 paths when he split the chakra? But why would he give them personality just to be sealed in people and then their conscious mind would begin to hate humans, which would cause suffering for both humans and them. If the sage wanted them to be sealed like the 10-tails was then better to just create them without a conscious mind, to be more like a machine, a tool. I think a more beliveable story is that when the sage was about to die he summoned some summon animals and/or some humans and then he asked them to help him, which probably meant he asked them to sacrifice their life and become one with those chakra parts, or something like that. I think it makes a more interesting story if it happened that way. Otherwise you would have to say that the sage was dreaming about foxes, apes, etc. and decided to create these just for fun when he was near his death
it could also have been unintended on the sage's part. like in FMA with the humunculi (though that was intended). when the juubi was split apart, each bijou got only one piece of his personality. I like the summoning idea though so I'm just saying its possible