AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-13, 19:23   Link #1
GrapeSoda

"Clean" Anime

anyone know a clean anime thats good? preferably one that is still being released. i gotta find a new one (because FMA got liscenced) so i have something to watch while my parents or brother are there. language is ok but i dont want any full nudity.
Old 2004-05-13, 19:43   Link #2
Griffith

Assuming you haven't already seen it, One Piece fits that category. It's a shounen action series with a lot of comedy and some drama, too.
Old 2004-05-13, 19:53   Link #3
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Hmm, I'd say Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak. It's a nice lighthearted mecha show that takes place on Mars. It's ongoing.

For something that just finished up, I'd say Planetes. This is a nice character driven show that takes place 75 years in the future in a realistic space setting.
Old 2004-05-13, 19:57   Link #4
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem
Hmm, I'd say Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak. It's a nice lighthearted mecha show that takes place on Mars. It's ongoing.

For something that just finished up, I'd say Planetes. This is a nice character driven show that takes place 75 years in the future in a realistic space setting.
yup... I completely agree with your recommendations... both are exceptional shows imo... I really enjoyed PlanetES and I 'm currently enjoying Kenran Butoh Sai....
Old 2004-05-13, 20:07   Link #5
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
Secret of Cerulean Sand fits the criteria for good family veiwing with a nice adventure story and also check out Peace Maker Kurogane, its a very character driven series with nice action sequences along the way.

Rob
Old 2004-05-13, 20:28   Link #6
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Mujin Wakusei Survive is an all-ages adventure series. Lots of people have been enjoying it for months now.
Old 2004-05-13, 20:51   Link #7
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
NARUTO!

You have to watch it, Action, drama, comedy, romance, suspense. Everything you could want rolled up into a nice little riceball of delightful bliss.
Old 2004-05-13, 22:45   Link #8
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
Kanon, Madlax (unfinished), ROD TV (some minor fanservice)
Fanservice? I don't remember anything. The OVA had Nancy's breasts everywhere, though...

I suggest Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu? It's perfectly clean, yet hilarious! Even the spa episode makes sure to conspicuously cover everything up...
Old 2004-05-14, 00:41   Link #9
GrapeSoda

Ok thanks for the suggestions. I've already been watching/reading Naruto and one piece, along with a few older ones.
Old 2004-05-15, 06:28   Link #10
7thMethuselah

try these

Peace Maker Kurogane (Historical - action - comedy)
Tetsunosuke Ichimura has always been upset about his short stature. After he sees his parents being murdered by a Choushuu assassin right in front of him, he vows with all his heart to become strong enough to take revenge on their killer. It is now 1864, the first year of Genji. Tetsunosuke, now 15, heads to the headquarters of the Shinsengumi with his older brother Tatsunosuke, looking to join the historical group to fulfill his dreams of getting stronger. Little does he realize what he is about to experience by doing so, for in order to join this army, one must forego his humanity and become a demon.

Scrapped Princess : (adventure - fantasy - science fiction)
Pacifica Kasull is the most feared and hated person by the followers of the God Mauzel. Known as the Scrapped Princess, she is the poison that will destroy the world. To avoid being killed by the zealots of Mauzel, Pacifica and her adoptive brother and sister leave the village of Manilin. Her brother, Shannon, is an expert with the sword while Racquel is proficient with magic. At every step of the way, however, someone is constantly trying to kill Pacifica, hoping to somehow avert the catastrophe that is supposed to befall the world on her 16th birthday.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime : (Mystery - Romance - Horror)
Shiki Tohno sustained a life threatening injury as a child, and due to that incident he was sent away from the Tohno household and was given to a relative to be raised. Years later, he is ordered to move back in by his sister Akiha, who is the new head of the household. However, Shiki holds a huge secret. Ever since his injury, he has been seeing lines on objects, and only with a special pair of glasses is he able to stop seeing them. Also he is unable to remember anything well from the time before his accident. Then he meets Arcueid who claims he has killed her and in ordor to repay he has to help her ... The story revolves around the mystery surrounding Shiki and his relation with Arcueid, Romance and mystery with a little bit of action.
Old 2004-05-15, 13:20   Link #11
GrapeSoda

Seen scrapped princess. dont like Kurogane, but that shingetsutan seems interesting
Old 2004-05-18, 22:30   Link #12
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Stellvia of the Universe (Uchuu no Stellvia) is a clean anime. Absolutely no nudity. The worse that it gets to is two people kissing, and some remark about the character not having any "confidence." (according to the sub I saw). I think it was because she didn't like how tight the space suit was. However, it's nothing bad. Look at some screen shots of it to see. Jascii has a write up on Stellvia.

It doesn't fit under your request about "still being released." However, I think it's a good anime to keep in mind if you happen to see the DVDs out there some time this summer.
Closed Thread