Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 05:58   Link #41
Mariem
Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if an RPG game is exactly where that music came from.
Well, the original Neo Angelique game is a dating sim with RPG battles, that would explain that.
Mariem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 17:20   Link #42
littlekitty

OK....I can't find the subs for episode 2 anywhere!! Does anyone know who (if anyone) is planning on subbing this show past episode 1?
littlekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 13:12   Link #43
DragonM
Strawberrymint Encoder

You probably can't find it because it isn't released yet ^_^
DragonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 03:44   Link #44
Sandara Lee
Haunted

Send a message via Yahoo to Sandara Lee
I never thought that an Angelique series like this would have such action sequences ~ I was like: am I watching the correct anime? ^o^ Anyway, my reverse harem fix is satisfied by this show, I'm glad spring season is full of bishies!!!
Sandara Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 05:03   Link #45
Irkalla
I asked for this

This show is really a welcomed change in the Angelique genre.
Action + bishies..you got it all. The only thing that bothers me is Angelique herself..Why must all Angelique's be so stupid? Can't they for once do a strong, funny not-princess like one?Or would that be too odd?
Old 2008-04-19, 08:12   Link #46
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I know what you mean...but I don't thing Ange is stupid, just a damsel ^^

But it is a given that with so many strong guys around her, she is a character that is needed to be protected and hence have such a "weak" pincess like aura around her. This is a classic formula to follow, though there are variations of strong-headed female leads with similar setups, it's just that I can't recall any atm

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 12:07   Link #47
Irkalla
I asked for this

Well yeah, okay I went overboard with the stupid thing, but I just hate these kind of cliche Princess attitude.
The only strong female in a reverse harem that I can recall now would be Shuurei from Sm. (and she is not really the best example of a strong lead anyway)
Strong female leads in the harem genre are really a rare diamond.
Old 2008-04-19, 17:08   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
This show is really a welcomed change in the Angelique genre. Action + bishies..you got it all. The only thing that bothers me is Angelique herself..Why must all Angelique's be so stupid? Can't they for once do a strong, funny not-princess like one?Or would that be too odd?
I know what you mean, but I've always liked the idea that Angie is basically a shy and retiring "princess," but when the time comes, she has the most power of all and is able to use it. It would be nice to see her a bit more on the ball and proactive, but there is some delight, for me at least, in the contrast.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 18:08   Link #49
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I know what you mean, but I've always liked the idea that Angie is basically a shy and retiring "princess," but when the time comes, she has the most power of all and is able to use it. It would be nice to see her a bit more on the ball and proactive, but there is some delight, for me at least, in the contrast.
Well, it works once, maybe twice...But not all the time. They could do more dynamical Angelique's, but I guess that wouldn't really suit the genre. Now that I think of, even the boys are all so typical, but at least they change a little.
Ah but despite that, I end up watching it..I'm just too much of a sucker for harem boys
Old 2008-04-21, 09:33   Link #50
usagijen

the bishies are more than enough reason to watch this! XD
I like the character design (and the characters overall) of Neo Angelique best, among the other Angelique series. All the guys are hawt, not gay, as some of them were in the past Angelique series/games rofl.

As for Ange, I'd like to think she's a bit like Sakura of CCS, with the shy/bashful yet strong personality X3
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 00:09   Link #51
Ash Falls Town

I watched two episodes of this and I agree with most of the people here.
The show is both pretty and generic, but generic in a good way like Night Wizard. At the moment I like Angelique, Rayne and J.D and Nyx seems very interesting.
Spoiler for Episode 2:

Also as a note even though the game is called Neo Angelique it's considered a different series from normal Angelique. This can be seen by the official NeoRomance site has now made a separate section for it. (All the Haruka games are stuffed into one section). Also for those who don't know Jet, Roche, Marthias and evil 14 year old are all anime original characters.
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 15:21   Link #52
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 3
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-04-22, 17:59   Link #53
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 3
Spoiler:
haha, love that scene XDDD hurray for fanservice for girls!!!

I shall go dedicate a post for episode 3... have to get the fangurl scream out XD
in the meantime, I have finished my Obligatory Neo Angelique Fangirl Post. Enjoy the pics! :P Feel free to fangurl with me, if you feel like it
Old 2008-04-22, 19:37   Link #54
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Definitely the best Angelique series I've seen. I actually found myself with tears in my eyes at two points
Spoiler for ep3:
I think the emotional effect was partly down to the very appropriate voice that Endou Aya is using, and the particular way she is creating the character, as well as the actual events. And in comes Ono Daisuke as Hyuga (and we hear Irino Miyu as Ehrenfried).

I like what Ash Falls Town said, that the show is "...both pretty and generic -- but generic in a good way...." The look of the show is just excellent, even if it is an excellent version of generic.

I'm also liking the music by Nanase Hikaru (KimiKiss, Koi Suru Tenshi Angelique, Nishi no Yoko Majou, Noein, etc., etc.), and the way it is being used, perhaps by sound director Kikuta Hiromi (Scrapped Princess, Emma, Koi Suru Tenshi Angelique, Corda D'Oro, Moyashimon, etc.). I like the singing in the OP (by the VAs) and in the ED (by Tegomass), too.

And of course, I have to give credit to the director, Katagai Shin. This is her first full director job, after doing episodes of DICE, Corda, and Eyeshield21. Credit for the good character design also belongs to Fujioka Maki, who was character designer on Corda and also is doing the current Itazura na Kiss. Of course her designs here are based on the original ones by Yura Kairi (the original mangaka, who also did the earlier anime charades, as well as the illustrations for the Saiunkoku novels).

And the lead writer is Yamada Yuka. I'm not saying it's Shakespeare, but she's doing what has to be done. She was lead writer on Tide-Line Bliue and has done script work for many shows in the past three years, including Suzuka, Petopeto-san, Mushishi, Hataraki Man, and Zombie Loan.

I believe all of the staff-members I have just credited by name are women. Perhaps that's why they appear to be getting the fanservice right.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-22 at 21:18.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 23:45   Link #55
ryotaro1004

hi... i found soft subs for neo angelique abyss eps.3 but it's in korean language... ><

i wonder if anyone knows where to watch it (with english sub) online?

i tried youtube but there's nothing in there... ><

i have finished playing la corda d'oro games and now am waiting for neo angelique abyss game...

i really need to watch this anime before i can play... T.T my japanese sucks!

i'm afraid i won't understand a thing if i don't know how the story goes...!
ryotaro1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 23:55   Link #56
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

A lot of RaynexAngelique signs in episode 2,and what's with that evil smile of Nyx anyway
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 00:19   Link #57
ryotaro1004

in the opening mv there's a picture of nyx with a disease on his face or something...

he might have something else in his pocket... a secret plan, maybe? a bad one... i think.

it looks like he's hiding something... behind that "nice" attitude...
ryotaro1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 08:09   Link #58
usagijen

Spoiler for major nyx spoiler:
Old 2008-04-26, 08:28   Link #59
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i think its gonna be interesting to see Rayne and Angelique relationship
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 00:50   Link #60
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

It's a shame that there isn't any more eps subbed atm >_<

ep 4
Spoiler:

Tags
action, shoujo