AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 63 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 34.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 16.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-02, 11:17   Link #121
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Also, what's so wrong if she does turn out to be a lesbian?
There is no such thing as lesbians in Kyo Ani, just a feeling hard to explain... like Marimite, is a feeling of deeply contemplation on cute girls... it's very common in Japan.

You can say that Mugi is lesbian just for contemplate the cuteness and moeness of sawa-chan healing Yui's injured finger or Mio's moeness or ritcchan's epicness?...

Remember... this is about "cute girls doing cute things".
Old 2009-05-02, 11:19   Link #122
b0nyb0y

Given the "moe-moe-kyun" phenomenon that happened last episode, I sort of expected either Yui or Ricchan to be a yuri-type though, since Mugi was pretty resistant toward Mio's moe back then...

Rather than being a yuri, though, I think Mugi is only curious about yuri relationship. Remember that she joined the club because she wants to see things that she doesn't get to see much in her old environment. Given that she's a ojousama-type and that people around her are probably well-behaved (i.e., old traditioned), she probably haven't gotten to see yuri relationship first-hand before...thus the curiosity...

Last edited by b0nyb0y; 2009-05-02 at 11:30.
Old 2009-05-02, 11:45   Link #123
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I don't really care about the yuri whimsical overtones, and whether or not Mugi's a true lesbian. I just wanna know what would be so wrong, if she turned out to be one. That's all.

Old 2009-05-02, 11:50   Link #124
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nyb0y View Post
Given the "moe-moe-kyun" phenomenon that happened last episode, I sort of expected either Yui or Ricchan to be a yuri-type though, since Mugi was pretty resistant toward Mio's moe back then...
It's different, Yui and Ritsu have a different kind of personality, they read manga, they manage the symbols and phrases like the "Moe Moe Kyun", they are like Konata when she spoke about anime, manga or games. Mugi doesn't. She is an Ojou type and of course those kind of things are new for her... in fact that feeling lead her to accept.

Quote:
Rather than being a yuri, though, I think Mugi is only curious about yuri relationship. Remember that she joined the club because she wants to see things that she doesn't get to see much in her old environment. Given that she's a ojousama-type and that people around her are probably well-behaved (i.e., old traditioned), she probably haven't gotten to see yuri relationship first-hand before...thus the curiosity...
Well... yes... but that's way to different to be a lesbian (of course, isn't bad, but i think that mugi nor kyoani are plannig that).

To me a lesbian is Chizuru from bleach...

Quote:
I don't really care about the yuri whimsical overtones, and whether or not Mugi's a true lesbian. I just wanna know what would be so wrong, if she turned out to be one. That's all.
To me isn't wrong at all... but i think that Mugi isn't a lesbian from what i read from the manga and watch the anime.
Old 2009-05-02, 12:01   Link #125
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
To me isn't wrong at all... but i think that Mugi isn't a lesbian from what i read from the manga and watch the anime.
Do boys ever show up, in the manga? Are they ever relevant to the characters? I mean, apart from poor Sensei's past, I mean...

Old 2009-05-02, 12:05   Link #126
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I disagree. Shaft's references are too random and irrelevant.
Kyoani and Gainax uses references that are actually relative to the situation, and thus funnier.

In American terms, Family Guy is the former (random), South Park and Simpsons fall in the latter.
( ´_ゝ`) Hmm~, I see. If you look at it that way...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-05-02, 12:06   Link #127
b0nyb0y

Fran~ and BetoJR, no need for you two to be so serious. I'm not targeting anyone when I wrote that. ^^

But I kinda agree with both of you though. There's nothing wrong to be a lesbian. And Mugi doesn't seem like a yuri girl (she's just curious about it). Really though, I see no disagreement between what I wrote and the opinions of you two...
Old 2009-05-02, 12:24   Link #128
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Really good episode. I would easily call it the funniest episode so far from all of the lasting jokes and their affects. Pretty good stuff, KyoAni. Good stuff.

A few things got on my nerves though with the Sawako's flashback and all that, but it was still really enjoyable. 9/10.
Old 2009-05-02, 13:52   Link #129
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Funny i was getting more yuri vibes from Mio from ep 4 due to the glossy eyes for Yui. Guess my yuri detector is off. I doubt that Mugi's yuri moments will acutally lead to anything deep in the plot, but it is funny to watch and see the girls reaction.

*Goes off to fix yuri detector*
Old 2009-05-02, 14:13   Link #130
SkoolRumble4Ya

Man I like the teacher she's awesome. Funny episode as usual for a minute I thought Mugi was a lesbian.
Old 2009-05-02, 14:38   Link #131
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Teeth guitar, haven't seen that since DMC
Old 2009-05-02, 15:14   Link #132
slayer545-sama
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
Won't things be a little more interesting if Mugi was a lesbian? Given the fact that they are attending an all-girls school, it isn't that uncommon.
Right of course how could I forget the whole cliche of all girl schools and hentais/ecchi series about them. Of course.

Quote:
Nothing wrong except maybe a few ecchi mangas fan made of her with maybe other girls doing you know what. FAP power coming up about that.

Quote:
It's different, Yui and Ritsu have a different kind of personality, they read manga, they manage the symbols and phrases like the "Moe Moe Kyun", they are like Konata when she spoke about anime, manga or games. Mugi doesn't. She is an Ojou type and of course those kind of things are new for her... in fact that feeling lead her to accept.

Well... yes... but that's way to different to be a lesbian (of course, isn't bad, but i think that mugi nor kyoani are plannig that).

To me a lesbian is Chizuru from bleach...
To me it would better to say that the Queen from Chrome Shell Regios is lesbian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It's not a disease.
Well I did not say that but I do think some would say it is a disease like Psychology and Religion doctrines.
Old 2009-05-02, 15:17   Link #133
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If they decide to start playing metal songs and/or any of the sub genres, it might blow the term "epic" right out of the water.
Why would that be?
Old 2009-05-02, 15:17   Link #134
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Do boys ever show up, in the manga? Are they ever relevant to the characters? I mean, apart from poor Sensei's past, I mean...
This anime lacks Shiraishi...
But... this is KyoAni... and cute girls doing cute things hasn't boys

@b0nyb0y: no problem
Old 2009-05-02, 17:00   Link #135
00Coyote

ep 5

Spoiler for things I noticed in ep 5:

For the next episode, I have the feeling it will be a cliff hangar, so the actual performance will be in ep #7.
Old 2009-05-02, 17:25   Link #136
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
There is no such thing as lesbians in Kyo Ani, just a feeling hard to explain... like Marimite, is a feeling of deeply contemplation on cute girls... it's very common in Japan.
I absolutely hate it when people apply the "I learned this from anime so this must be what Japan is really like".
No, Japan is not full of yuri, thank you. It's an anime/manga fad, and not a generaized "Japanese thing".

I will add though, it would be awesome if it was true.

Last edited by aohige; 2009-05-02 at 17:55.
Old 2009-05-02, 17:36   Link #137
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
19:12 Did Yui come up with the guitar part on the spot, after just reading the lyrics? If so...
Not to downgrade Yui, but no. The lyrics Mio wrote was for the song they were practicing in front of Sawa-chan earlier. Yui basically just played her bit of the song.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-05-02, 18:39   Link #138
HotPotBurnz
is ur mom

Send a message via Yahoo to HotPotBurnz
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
Ok I am getting a little sick about Kotobuki being branded as Yuri because of this
Spoiler for reason:

and her blushing on many occasions. Listen she might have something like that but that is only because there has not been a good guy to her and she might be restricted in those relations as well. Remember her family owns music stores and also may be strict on her as in only allow he to be with girls as friends. So I will say this, the right guy comes and Kotobuki will be fine.
Spoiler for Exmaple #1:

Spoiler for Example #2:

Mugi-chan a yuri fan.
Old 2009-05-02, 18:43   Link #139
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if Mugi's eyebrows are changing in scenes in the anime like they are in the manga? I haven't really noticed, but then I've not been focusing on her eybrows.
Old 2009-05-02, 19:32   Link #140
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPotBurnz View Post
Mugi-chan a yuri fan.
No... i mean, im not against lesbians or yuri or whatever, but i think that you are doing a mistake in your appreciation.

Mugi is just blushing, she found beautiful those moments, the same a crowd of mio's fans found moeness around her. I dont know how to define this, but certainly, isnt yuri or lesbianism.

There are limits, you can find truly gay characters like Chizuru, Aeon Clock, etc, but i wouldnt call yuri if a girl is blushing because she saw something "Moe" or if she finds beautiful a moment, whatever.

Now, if Mugi crosses the line and start to act like a lesbian, granted, if she started to take advantage of her closeness with the girls or something like that. But until now we see a girl acting like the fans who found adorable Mio, Yui or Sawako.