AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-03-22, 23:30   Link #1
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Anime Expo

I saw the thread below and decided to ask the above.
Is it worth it? What should I expect?
I'm planning to go.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 19:56   Link #2
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Send a message via AIM to KristopherZ Send a message via MSN to KristopherZ
Anime Expo

So who here is going to Anime Expo 2004 next week from the 2nd to the 5th? Anime Expo is the largest anime convention in the USA and it is my first time at an anime convention, so I am very excited in going.

so here are the general questions....
Are you going to anime expo?
If yes, what days are you going?
Is it your first time?
KristopherZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 20:01   Link #3
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Well, for one thing I'm certain she won't be attending:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...74&postcount=1
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 05:06   Link #4
Jinx626
Yo!!

I'll be attending all 4 days. Will be staying at the hilton. This will be my first convention and quite excited. If people want to look me up or so "hi" or whatever i will be wearing empirepoker.com cap...no cosplay for me..hehe....Hopefully there won't be an appearance of Man-Faye. Sucks about Under17 cancelling out on expo. I was looking forward to see them perform live and singing theme songs from series such as Da Capo
Old 2004-06-25, 11:43   Link #5
jennwenn

I wish I was going! Be sure to fill us in on all the juicy licensing info. Companies always save their big announcements for this and Otakon.

Oh, could someone ask ADV about My Beautiful Girl Mari (Mari Iyagi)? They've said zip about it for months, and I'm curious to know if they are in the process of getting more Korean animation. (Though there's little they could say if they were...)
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 15:37   Link #6
Are you serious
Banned

Anime Expo 2004

Whos going? I am
Are you serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 18:19   Link #7
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
yup I am too
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 20:04   Link #8
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

まぁ、俺を探せ出せたら声でもかけてくれ。
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 20:10   Link #9
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Babel Fish Translation

In English: When well, search we it can put out, you apply even with voice,

so that makes no sense to me cause this translator is bad....so let me ask what did you say???
Old 2004-06-25, 20:14   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I'm no good at this either, but I'm gonna guess he said that he is going to call and get tickets or a reservation over the phone for the expo or a hotel or something along those lines. Ok, now i'm more confused than before.

So, anywho, where and when is this Expo? I wanna go.

EDIT: Just tried it in worldlingo too and no luck. I got the same output which makes me wonder if he's messing with us or not.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 20:45   Link #11
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
yup I am too
If im not mistaken the Anime Expo is in San Diego *my HOOD*. Youre gunna drive down here? We should meet up ^____^. I'll be going with a couple of friends to this and Comic Con which is definately at the San Diego Convention center. Got in free to Comic Con last year >=D . I can only go on the weekends though since I work, but they do do some night stuff. Last year they had a Cosplay Ball, but I dont remember if it was for Comic Con or Anime Expo =/ Ill get more info.
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 03:57   Link #12
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
If im not mistaken the Anime Expo is in San Diego *my HOOD*. Youre gunna drive down here? We should meet up ^____^. I'll be going with a couple of friends to this and Comic Con which is definately at the San Diego Convention center. Got in free to Comic Con last year >=D . I can only go on the weekends though since I work, but they do do some night stuff. Last year they had a Cosplay Ball, but I dont remember if it was for Comic Con or Anime Expo =/ Ill get more info.
>< anime expo is at the anaheim convention center. it actually has been 7 out of the 13 years its been going on.

Just goto the anime expo website. Here is a link: Anime Expo

oh and its actually next weekend as in july second to like the 5th or the 6th. you can still go tickets are still available. It will like never sell out. If there happens to be a chance you want to meet uhm send a PM and we'll see what happens
Old 2004-06-26, 13:34   Link #13
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Send a message via AIM to KristopherZ Send a message via MSN to KristopherZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
>< anime expo is at the anaheim convention center. it actually has been 7 out of the 13 years its been going on.

Just goto the anime expo website. Here is a link: Anime Expo

oh and its actually next weekend as in july second to like the 5th or the 6th. you can still go tickets are still available. It will like never sell out. If there happens to be a chance you want to meet uhm send a PM and we'll see what happens
I think we should have a animesuki fansub's forum meeting. That would be kind of fun. Of course there is only like 3 people going so far according to this thread, which is disheartening.

This is the first time I am going to an anime convention, I have been an anime fan forever since Akira first came out but going to a convention never entered my mind until now.

I am wondering though, when will we know all the big licensing announcements? Will they have press conferences later in the covention? Will it be in the Opening Ceremonies at 10:00 am?
KristopherZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 14:12   Link #14
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I wish I could be there if only to visit the Harmony Gold panel and hear what they plan to reveal about the Macross legal situation. They claim to have the rights to DYRL? now, their explanation could either be very good for Macross fans, or give them cause to revile HG even more than they do now.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 21:22   Link #15
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
kJ Said "well if you find me call out to me."
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 23:01   Link #16
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Hi all!

I'm definately going. I live only 10 minutes away from the convention center, and I've been going to AX for about 5 years now. I love a good convention, and AX is a blast! Everytime I've gone it's been a very good experience.

It would be fun to meet some people from the animesuki forum. Is there any event y'all are planning on attending for sure? Maybe we could meet while waiting in line for tickets to the AMV or Masquerade. It's always fun to chat with other anime fans while in line, might as well be the animesuki folks.

kj1980 is going to be there? Are you flying in from Japan especially for this or have you moved or something?

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 00:33   Link #17
Chun-Li
Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristopherZ
I think we should have a animesuki fansub's forum meeting. That would be kind of fun. Of course there is only like 3 people going so far according to this thread, which is disheartening.

This is the first time I am going to an anime convention, I have been an anime fan forever since Akira first came out but going to a convention never entered my mind until now.

I am wondering though, when will we know all the big licensing announcements? Will they have press conferences later in the covention? Will it be in the Opening Ceremonies at 10:00 am?

YAY!! and AnimeSuki Forum Gathering!! =D!

i'm definitely coming!!

about the licensing..im not sure all would be announced at the Opening Ceremony...but for sure the panels... definitely at the panels...for example, Bandai, ADV Films, etc...
Chun-Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 04:33   Link #18
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I went last year, but I won't be able to attend this year. Not having a job since the beginning of the year kind of killed my chances.

I'll be at Otakon though. =p
Old 2004-06-29, 10:06   Link #19
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i'll be attending AnimeExpo on the 5th and SD Comic Con on the 22-25
i'll be the guy in the green sweater...like that helps
and it's a shame about Momoi Haruko ~_~
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 19:43   Link #20
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

I'll be there on saturday and if you really do want to meet I will meet you send a PM and I'll discuss information about the stuff so meeting is done easily. hmm maybe I should just wear and animesuki banner...

Tags
conventions