AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-09, 23:32   Link #2721
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
As for how it relates to Beltorchika's Children, based on what I've read, Tomino wanted Beltorchika to give birth to Amuro's baby, but Bandai/Sunrise nixed the idea, and he had to replace her with Chan in CCA.

Or, Bandai/Sunrise would face the wrath of the Kira x Lacus fans, and that would be Gundam's equivalent of "Sins Past".

I'm guessing that was Fukuda's original proposal: he wanted to kill off Kira and severely injure Athrun, but fan popularity kept them alive at the end.
And we all know how he failed to do that.
Twice.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 04:16   Link #2722
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
So I'm rewatchign Destiny, and I'm up to the episode where Athrun visits the cemetery, and it made me wonder. Did Nichol's mom get a body to bury or did she just have to settle for burying some hamburgers in his place?
those were actually only graves stones with no dead bodies underneath... just to remind them of the comrades they lost .. especially those whose bodies were vaporized
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 05:06   Link #2723
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

It was one of those few scenes with old characters in Destiny that I really appreciated. Death of Nicol was the most memorable one for me in SEED and it was very moving to see its resonance in the following series.
Old 2012-01-10, 06:38   Link #2724
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
I've been wondering if a CE take on Beltorchika's Children could work, after the Kira-Fllay (implied, but shown in Special Edition 1) sex scene? It's likely that their child is half-Natural, half-Coordinator.

For me, I'm gonna predict that the Kira X Lacus fans would riot over this, and as if it could fit into the timeline, Kira and Fllay had sex sometime in February (before Kira's fight with Andrew Waltfeld), and she was killed at the end of the First Bloody Valentine War (September).

As for how would Lacus react to this, I would say that she would adopt Kira and Fllay's child as her own.

However, the pregnancy period for a normal person lasts nine months. Fllay only had 7 months.
In some case it's just 7 months (like my brother).
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 06:52   Link #2725
HasuMasu
*Artist

No way was Nichol's body recovered. It wasn't just cut, it was vaporized.
Old 2012-01-10, 08:46   Link #2726
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
The changes I expect are mostly aesthetic ones, but if Bandai can surprise us, and make this something like Kai(removed the Buu Saga) by removing Destiny and then replace Destiny with a Movie, I'm going to be cool with that.
They're not going to do that, they have no reason to want to replace Destiny in the CE continuity. If they feel inclined to make another CE show, they can simply make a sequel to Destiny.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 12:52   Link #2727
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
It was one of those few scenes with old characters in Destiny that I really appreciated. Death of Nicol was the most memorable one for me in SEED and it was very moving to see its resonance in the following series.

Same for me.
The scene was very moving, but I find that cemetery rather... problematic. The land on the PLANTs is not unlimited, so why waste a giant amount of it for fields covered with gravestones (I assume only few bodies have ever been recovered)?!
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 14:55   Link #2728
justavisitor

come on, you got to keep the soldier's moral high...it would be a shame if a country doesn't value those fallen comrades...besides, PLANT can construct new colony if it is needed XD

Speaking of destiny, i just rewatched the first 3 episodes, and they were fantastic!! I am afraid to keep going lol, knowing this show's problems (but the funny thing is I have actually never completely watched the whole series) maybe I should stick with seed at this moment and hope they will remaster destiny when seed is done XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 16:40   Link #2729
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Yeah, it was pretty memorable, but they replayed it way, way too much. Like, what, 7 times over 3 episodes? They ran the scene into the ground.
Old 2012-01-11, 03:59   Link #2730
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Same for me.
The scene was very moving, but I find that cemetery rather... problematic. The land on the PLANTs is not unlimited, so why waste a giant amount of it for fields covered with gravestones (I assume only few bodies have ever been recovered)?!
REspect for the heroes, I guess That's moral economy there

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
come on, you got to keep the soldier's moral high...it would be a shame if a country doesn't value those fallen comrades...besides, PLANT can construct new colony if it is needed XD

Speaking of destiny, i just rewatched the first 3 episodes, and they were fantastic!! I am afraid to keep going lol, knowing this show's problems (but the funny thing is I have actually never completely watched the whole series) maybe I should stick with seed at this moment and hope they will remaster destiny when seed is done XD
I find Destiny Special Edition movies much better than TV series. Let's just hope that when the time comes (IF it comes) they'll change this or that, like make Athrun cooler and more badass in his Saviour and more story narration from Shinn's POV. God, how I just LOVE the Impulse... and what they did to it in Master Grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, it was pretty memorable, but they replayed it way, way too much. Like, what, 7 times over 3 episodes? They ran the scene into the ground.
Let's just hope that this time the repetitions and stock images will be reduced at least to one per 25 episodes
Old 2012-01-11, 09:33   Link #2731
justavisitor

@Sir Dearka
I think i will take your advice to watch destiny special edition instead. But there is one thing I watch to ask...do you feel the special edition was too rush? there are 4 special editions, each of them is 90 minutes...360 minute in total/ 20 min per episode = around 18...how can they cover all the 50 episodes with that short amount of time? (i know destiny has many reused scenes, but still )...just want to know whether you feel the special edition was too rushed

and i thought you only like buster XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 13:58   Link #2732
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
And we all know how he failed to do that.
Twice.
Thankfully

What I don't get, but I guess it is a matter of tastes, is why this urge to cut out the main char. I mean, is it not like killing Starbuck at the end of BSG first season? Or replacing friends cast each season?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 15:27   Link #2733
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@Sir Dearka
I think i will take your advice to watch destiny special edition instead. But there is one thing I watch to ask...do you feel the special edition was too rush? there are 4 special editions, each of them is 90 minutes...360 minute in total/ 20 min per episode = around 18...how can they cover all the 50 episodes with that short amount of time? (i know destiny has many reused scenes, but still )...just want to know whether you feel the special edition was too rushed

and i thought you only like buster XD
Well, considering the fact that most of Destiny's plot was quite unisteresting to me, compressing it all into a pill didn't seem like such a bad idea to me. And then, surprisingly, I had so much fun watching the Specials that I kind of felt at ease with both series AND I learned to love Shinn who is my second favorite character in Destiny (with Dearka being that by default, not his significance ;D). Hence my love for Shinn mechas. And then they released Master Grade Impulses which are without doubt my favorite Master Grades in a bunch, surpassing even Freedom, Destiny and (closely) Infinite Justice.
Old 2012-01-11, 15:45   Link #2734
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Thankfully

What I don't get, but I guess it is a matter of tastes, is why this urge to cut out the main char. I mean, is it not like killing Starbuck at the end of BSG first season? Or replacing friends cast each season?
Death is a valid option to end any character's story, including the lead character. Obviously, if it's the lead character, then the story will usually end.

On the other hand, if you have several main characters with no one single lead, it's also possible to replace them one by one as the story progresses until there is a whole new set of main characters by the end of the story.
Old 2012-01-11, 18:13   Link #2735
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Death is a valid option to end any character's story, including the lead character. Obviously, if it's the lead character, then the story will usually end.

On the other hand, if you have several main characters with no one single lead, it's also possible to replace them one by one as the story progresses until there is a whole new set of main characters by the end of the story.
I understand your explanation, but still I miss the point in doing that. I mean, right now we have, or will, 3 new second seasons, E7 AO, Aquarion and Last Exile, with all new casts, but after so many years it's more understandable that writers changed the main characters. The attachment to the old casts is lessened. But for anime or even tv series that are scheduled to have more seasons I can't recall one that changed main character or even all the cast after its first. So, aside from fans, it's looks strange to me the will of the writer of cut out the old cast, moreover to a series that had huge success as SEED. From a fan point of view it's more simple i guess, it's a matter or liking or not.
But reading Gundam Age plot it looks like they are trying to go along that way, so probably they really wanted to cut out the GS old cast but they couldn't. Even if I can't believe that yet.
I mean, from a cynical point of view GSD give to the fans more than what they usually have. Hide their favorites, put some new cast, make them angry, and then give them the new cast as a pray. But probably I'm over thinking here. This idea came up to my mind when I read that GSD sold more than SEED. I said, what?

Anyways I'm not looking for flames or anything like that, (I'm saying it just because I know this argument could be a minefield).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:37   Link #2736
monster

Quote:
I understand your explanation, but still I miss the point in doing that. I mean, right now we have, or will, 3 new second seasons, E7 AO, Aquarion and Last Exile, with all new casts, but after so many years it's more understandable that writers changed the main characters. The attachment to the old casts is lessened. But for anime or even tv series that are scheduled to have more seasons I can't recall one that changed main character or even all the cast after its first. So, aside from fans, it's looks strange to me the will of the writer of cut out the old cast, moreover to a series that had huge success as SEED. From a fan point of view it's more simple i guess, it's a matter or liking or not.
But reading Gundam Age plot it looks like they are trying to go along that way, so probably they really wanted to cut out the GS old cast but they couldn't. Even if I can't believe that yet.
I mean, from a cynical point of view GSD give to the fans more than what they usually have. Hide their favorites, put some new cast, make them angry, and then give them the new cast as a pray. But probably I'm over thinking here. This idea came up to my mind when I read that GSD sold more than SEED. I said, what?

Anyways I'm not looking for flames or anything like that, (I'm saying it just because I know this argument could be a minefield).
There could be many reasons why a writer decides to change the main character(s). But the simplest answer for SEED and SEED Destiny is that they are two different shows rather than merely two seasons of the same show, even if one is the sequel to the other. As such, it is not unusual to have different main characters between the two shows.
Old 2012-01-11, 22:54   Link #2737
Meltyred

Quote:
Thankfully

To be honest, in the final episode of SEED, Kira was floating in space with a hole in his helmet.
He should have died. (maybe it was a tear, but it looked like a hole)
(There was that part about Kira vs Athrun and how Kira seemed like he died, but they fixed it with Astray.)

And in Seed destiny his suit exploded with him inside it and he got out fine.
For no reason.

Which is mainly the hate since the writer seemed like he could not decide to kill him or not.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 23:40   Link #2738
monster

Quote:
To be honest, in the final episode of SEED, Kira was floating in space with a hole in his helmet.
Are you sure you weren't seeing his ring?
Quote:
For no reason.
Actually, his suit did not explode. That was the explosion caused by Minerva's shot hitting the water.
Old 2012-01-11, 23:42   Link #2739
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
(There was that part about Kira vs Athrun and how Kira seemed like he died, but they fixed it with Astray.)

For no reason.

Which is mainly the hate since the writer seemed like he could not decide to kill him or not.
For Seed's ending, there was no hole in Kira's helmet, he was crying

love the retcon hatch in astray though.

in Seed destiny Freedom didn't explode, he shut the reactor off and the epic explosion was from Minerva's Tannhauser
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 00:08   Link #2740
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The only holes involving helmets in SEED's ending were of the plot variety.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep