AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 19:18   Link #81
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I'm curious about the seiyuu cast. Apparently Kotono Mitsuishi has spoken of a role, but are we even sure it's actually Usagi? I'd like for the original cast to reprise their roles if they can still go, but it's not uncommon in remakes for the originals to be replaced with a younger cast.
I was also wondering if she was going to voice Usagi or someone else. Can she even do that sort of voice anymore? I remember thinking her performance in the new Eva movies was off at first (she definitely sounded older).
Old 2012-07-06, 19:23   Link #82
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I've always liked this when I was a child...but considering how it was back then, I've missed many episodes and chapters that I don't even know what was happening in the whole series. Many of them are also beyond my understanding as a child too

I hope this one will be good and will let me really enjoy this series at last

Old 2012-07-06, 19:32   Link #83
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
I was also wondering if she was going to voice Usagi or someone else. Can she even do that sort of voice anymore? I remember thinking her performance in the new Eva movies was off at first (she definitely sounded older).
You've not seen Suite Precure then? If she can voice Hummy, she can voice Usagi.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Old 2012-07-06, 19:45   Link #84
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
That's making the assumption the series will be set in the modern day.
It would be a mistake to set it in the past when the original series was set in the so called "present time", this series plotline is not about "nostaliga" like nurarihyon no mago and giving it an outdated feeling would be at odds with conquering modern audiences. Otherwise the Spiderman flicks would have been set on the 60s which is the time when the original stories covered in the movies were published.
Old 2012-07-06, 20:03   Link #85
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
You've not seen Suite Precure then? If she can voice Hummy, she can voice Usagi.
No, I haven't really watched many magical girls since the 90s, but I went and viewed a few clips of Hummy on Youtube. Yeah, she can probably still do Usagi.
Old 2012-07-06, 20:08   Link #86
Dr. Casey

If the story is supposed to align more closely with the manga's, I'm not sure if I'd consider it a power up or a power down. The manga sounds really nice, though I did read the early chapters and thought the story moved too fast, I preferred Sailor Moon Classic's leisurely pace...

I'm really excited about this though, as I absolutely loved Sailor Moon. It also honestly might be easier talking to the new generation of Sailor Moon fans because they're presumably all going to be watching fansubs, wheras the terrible butchery that was the DiC dub still has (too large) a presence amongst the older American fanbase.
Old 2012-07-06, 20:09   Link #87
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Probably it would be easier to find out which actors are retired (or dead) and then see who would be needed for the show if they kept the remaining cast the same.
Old 2012-07-06, 20:11   Link #88
VampirePaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Probably it would be easier to find out which actors are retired (or dead) and then see who would be needed for the show if tjey kept the remaining cast the same.
I don't know names of VAs, but I know the ones that voiced Prince Diamond and Sailor Star Fighter are dead. Sailor Mars has retired.
Old 2012-07-06, 20:20   Link #89
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePaladin View Post
Sailor Mars has retired.
She voiced Roberta in Black Lagoon OVA just last year though.
Old 2012-07-06, 20:24   Link #90
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just arrived here and see this thread on first page.

Well, almost everything I want to say has already been said. I also like for new VAs for this one, NOT the old ones. Better yet, they hire some talented newbies to voice the sailors to give more of the "new" feelings.

Btw, will they repeat the transformation scene again and again and again in this new series? In the old series, that is pretty much tiring especially if there are more than two sailors in a single episodes. Those transformation scenes suck the life out of me each time they’re repeated .
Old 2012-07-06, 20:34   Link #91
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, will they repeat the transformation scene again and again and again in this new series?
I would like a compromise with the transformation/special attack sequence. It is inevitable they will do them, but maybe they can add a little twist and move the camera angles/zoom so that we see it differently (and different scene backdrops) every time they transform or do a special attack. Also, I would like more variety in the fight scenes, even Avatar had quite nice martial art fights coreographies and it is not even considered an anime.
Old 2012-07-06, 21:01   Link #92
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Very interesting and wonderful news! I've actually been thinking that Sailor Moon was going to get rebooted/relaunched for the past couple years, especially after Madoka was such a big thing. I just wonder what path they are going to take with the reboot.
Old 2012-07-06, 21:06   Link #93
Dark Wing

Oh wow I don't know if this may be related but I heard Takeuchi has announced she is divorcing Togashi.

Any truth behind that?
Old 2012-07-06, 21:21   Link #94
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I think I'm gonna love watching Sailor Moon: Sisterhood.
Old 2012-07-06, 21:26   Link #95
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Haaazaaaa the best news yet I wonder if it was the help of the reboot of the manga in the US
Old 2012-07-06, 22:32   Link #96
desrtsku
Nympholept

I feel so nostalgic, my first magical girl series is getting a reboot (TwT)
Old 2012-07-06, 22:41   Link #97
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Just hope Tuxedo Mask ends up a bit more useful. It's kinda always annoyed me when the guys in magical girl series get shafted because they've got the unwanted equipment.

Heh. Looks like this is the year I get back into anime, what with SAO, Moe Pirates, Accel World, Gundam Age... I'll definitely give this a shot. I rather liked the manga - it and DBZ were the first manga I ever read, though that may be nostalgia factor.

Also, Mars and Saturn FTW.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-07-06, 23:08   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sigh, what are the odds this one will never be as good as people 'remembered' ?
Old 2012-07-06, 23:14   Link #99
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Nanoha & Madoka was aimed at males, Sailor Moon is actual shoujo. Of course Sailor Moon had cross appeal but I don't think the series needs to appeal to Nanoha & Madoka fans. It should appeal to Sailor Moon fans which was a huge franchise in itself.
Most people that were Sailor Moon fans back in the 90s, and are now anime fans, are also Madoka and/or Nanoha fans. The overlap is substantial. That's my experience, at least, as a fan of all three franchises and magical girl anime in general.

Now, of course there are people who were big Sailor Moon fans back in the 90s and aren't even into anime at all any more (heck, I personally know a fair number of people like this, including my own sisters). But getting that audience back with them now being adults isn't necessarily going to be easy.

I think that adults in general are less tolerant of things like "Monster of the Week" than young kids are.

Thankfully, it sounds like the manga has quicker pacing than the anime did, so hopefully the "Monster of the Week" element won't drag on too much anyway.
Old 2012-07-06, 23:15   Link #100
Prince of Chips
Real Madrid member

Expect Tuxedo Mask harem ending
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo