AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 02:52   Link #37501
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm well sure.

I need something that fulfills Setsura's role of multi-weapon to be able to respond to all ranges.

Setsuna is a sort of mode that allows Byakushiki to perform at its highest limit, ignoring the limits of the pilot.

I need to find ways to make up and even improve upon both.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 02:58   Link #37502
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Hmmm well sure.

I need something that fulfills Setsura's role of multi-weapon to be able to respond to all ranges.

Setsuna is a sort of mode that allows Byakushiki to perform at its highest limit, ignoring the limits of the pilot.

I need to find ways to make up and even improve upon both.
Hmm, that's pretty hard to think of. What does Setsuna look like?

You could make the two interface with each other to improve Ichika's control or help his awareness during fights.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 03:03   Link #37503
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Setsuna doesn't have a physical form. It's just what Ichika calls his trick of using the IS to control his body instead of the other way around. This allows him to move according to the limits of the IS instead of his own body. The downside is that since the human body can't move at that rate or react that quickly, he's basically tearing his own body apart since his body and the IS aren't moving in sync.

Oh...Setsuna is just waht I came up with.
Old 2012-10-11, 03:08   Link #37504
EagleBlue

Quote:
Setsuna doesn't have a physical form. It's just what Ichika calls his trick of using the IS to control his body instead of the other way around. This allows him to move according to the limits of the IS instead of his own body. The downside is that since the human body can't move at that rate or react that quickly, he's basically tearing his own body apart since his body and the IS aren't moving in sync.
Well having Setsura help with using Setsuna might be your best bet. Setsura works by controlling his movements to lessen the damage done to his body and still keep the same performance.
Old 2012-10-11, 03:18   Link #37505
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...Setsura full body version? This warrants further investigation :-?
Old 2012-10-11, 03:24   Link #37506
EagleBlue

Quote:
...Setsura full body version? This warrants further investigation :-?
... Ok, that maybe a bad idea.

As of right now, I don't have anymore ideas to suggest unfortunately. Sorry if I wasn't to much of help.
Old 2012-10-11, 04:43   Link #37507
Eratas123

Help with what?
Old 2012-10-11, 06:06   Link #37508
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Techwank, obviously.

All Ichika need for that matter is a buffer medium, Panzer Igel in my fanon also has such problem, less about speed and more about the resulting force. Like forcing a 40 ton MiG-31 beyond 5 g maneuver, that's going to be hellish experience for any pilot.

Rito has the I.S. create not only armor, but specialized G-suit that work like artificial muscle, inflate and deflate as needed, in any part. It's inspired by Evangelion's plugsuit, and real life concept of smart material.
Old 2012-10-11, 07:54   Link #37509
demino_hellsin
That one guy

with Eagle's suggestion. I wondered if I should just create a full mode shift with Ichika.

I am very tempted to just completely replace Yukihira with Origane :/

Setsura full dress:
-Formal/normal mode
-Regalia/Fortress mode
-Bare/speed mode
-Party/cannon mode

This means Byakushiki would become a true 4th gen IS
Old 2012-10-11, 09:21   Link #37510
Eratas123

I feel like making drafts, but Dark Souls anger might cause me to make it dark.
Old 2012-10-11, 09:58   Link #37511
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Thinking of having the Sen no Nami buster sword equipped with a variable-output EMP blaster to stun enemies and hold them in place for the user to deliver the final blow.

Call it cheap, but I see it as a "Delivering Judgment Unto Thee" kind of feature.

Comments?
Old 2012-10-11, 10:04   Link #37512
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, from a perspective, it's a hax weapon just like Yukihira... if used right that is. Just remember: limitation and balancing.

In mine, EMP weapon is less temporary stun and more like constant degradation overtime (poison/burn) because the nature of I.S.

Conventional EMP bomb is essentially useless in my verse, being too brief (it does make Golems angry still)
Old 2012-10-11, 10:12   Link #37513
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@meister: Checked her work... her rendition of Shirahoshi is my personal favorite thus far haha.
I find myself favouring CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I feel like making drafts, but Dark Souls anger might cause me to make it dark.
Looks like a job for Mirror Irish!

Known only by his internet handle and made infamous by his foreign looks and otakuism for all things IS, Irish is an ordinary high schooler living in Tokyo. He always has been a little too lacking in self-confidence to stand out. Instead, he takes it out on the IS simulator games in backalley arcades or playing MMOs using an old NerveGear he salvaged. But one day, his record high score in I's Combat Online was broken, leading him to an encounter with Karon, the leader of a fringe paramilitary cell known only as SHOOTiNG ST@R...

(ruuuuuuuuunz)

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2012-10-11 at 10:27.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 10:12   Link #37514
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

In that case, what would be useful for stunning/petrifying IS-type units?

Also, as to who/what inspired me to come up with that feature, you may thank this guy. Only his method of stun/petrify is chanting reversed Greek verses, sorta like a spell, before initiating a Power Walk and hammering the poor fella who got on his bad side.
Old 2012-10-11, 10:16   Link #37515
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

EMP could just work as stun/petrify assuming it's powerful enough to pierce Absolute Defense in an instant (rather than corrodes/seep through it), but by then, it's an energy-hogging piece of a weapon, just like Yukihira, or any G3 weapon for that matter.

The 'temporary' part in the stun can be justified as I.S. repairing it's own wiring. Conventional machines don't do that, hence permanent damage.

Lun's gen-3 weapon is just that, making a weak but wide area EMP field that multiple enemies and confuse their sensor a little, or focused it and bind single enemy in one spot, using Image interface as 'reflector and lens'. (virtually making an EMP flashlight) Her machine by itself is a weak combatant in statistic -some unit SHRUG her unfocused attack even-, but it's one hell of an Electronic Warfare Machine and is a table-turning element in team battle.
Old 2012-10-11, 10:27   Link #37516
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

...okay looks like Mirror Irish still needs a lot of work.
Old 2012-10-11, 10:30   Link #37517
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Irish... in an I.S. simulator...
*Irony meter exploded*
Old 2012-10-11, 10:33   Link #37518
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I see. For the Sen no Nami's case, it'll only have focused blast that it'll bind an opponent in one spot.

In the story, it's mentioned why the Minerva, despite being technologically-challenged, still sports weaponry that outstrips the IS' in terms of lethality. Reason being the Minerva is developed by an external, secret organization which pays no attention to controlled weaponry like standard military and even IS equipment.

Despite being complete, the Minerva is still a prototype unit (being the only one of its kind) hence its subjected to variable-output systems and equipment. A few of the Spec Modules have this trait as well.
Old 2012-10-11, 10:38   Link #37519
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

One of the units that somewhat resistant to the effect would be Panzer Igel and Garuda Lion, their armor is so thick that it includes redundant faraday cages as part of the layers. Tabane also modified Golem III with such feature. Meaning that form the get go, Lun is always under constant threat of Worf Effect, she never really rendered useless though.
Old 2012-10-11, 10:57   Link #37520
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Can you survive an underwater base filling up with water?

@ MeistAH - Sounds funny He seems almost like Kirito in a way.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest