AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 18:48   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

High School DxD Light Novel - Q&A

Edit: The High School DxD Light Novels now have a sub-forum with multiple threads. Please find the new most appropriate thread among the list there.

There is also a Social Group where you can find many more topics and a more free/open discussion environment. Please join this group if you want to be part of the Highschool DxD fan community.

These new threads replace the former High School DxD Light Novel thread, which had grown too big to be practical for most discussion. It is hoped that this new structure will help the conversations remain more focused and on-topic.

General Thread Rules
  1. DO NOT ASK WHEN TRANSLATIONS/SUMMARIES WILL BE RELEASED. Available Novel Summaries can be found here, and novel translations can be found here. Consult the Social Group above for more information.

2. DO NOT POST IF YOU HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO SAY. This is covered in our Forum Rules. This isn't a chat room or a simple "hang out" for fans, but a place where discussions and conversations can occur.

3. READ THE RECENT POSTS BEFORE POSTING AND STAY ON-TOPIC. Please try not to ask questions that have just been asked, and don't diverge into all sorts of other unrelated topics or issues.

4. DO NOT FLAME OTHERS OR RESPOND TO FLAMEBAIT POSTS. Criticism is welcome, but do not attack other people for their point of view. If someone posts something offensive please use the report button ().
All the other Forum Rules do apply. Please note that failure to comply with the rules can result in warnings, infractions, and bans. If you catch someone breaking any Forum Rules, please do not reply, but instead use the Report Post button as mentioned.

Questions & Answers
The purpose of this thread is to provide a space where people can ask questions about what happened in the light novels, and receive answers from those familiar with the source material.

Special Guidelines:
  1. Questions & Answers should be about facts, and not about opinions.
  2. DO NOT ask a question that has already been asked before. Please read the thread first.
  3. Please keep your answers precise and to-the-point, and quote the question when stating your reply to help other people.

There are a lot of questions already answered over at the Social Group, so please check that out first.

It is expected that all those participating in this thread are already familiar with the latest translations and summaries, so spoiler tags are not required when basing your speculation on the latest translated novel material. As a courtesy, please use spoiler tags when discussing the latest Japanese raws that have not yet been summarized or translated. You must also use spoiler tags if you will be comparing to other works.

Have fun!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-17 at 00:04.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 20:00   Link #2
Richocet
Lover of Purity

So after reading vol5 now I was wondering when Ross does have to go to the underworld does she not also have to get scanned as well?? Was it mentioned tht they had to take the train again when they went down in vol 10??
Old 2012-05-05, 20:23   Link #3
n0m@n
C-Z

Nope. It wasnt mentioned that Ross went through scanning, but in volume 5 it is said that everyone has to when they first arrive in Underworld so she must have went through it.
Old 2012-05-06, 03:43   Link #4
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

One question when ise returns in vol 12 who witnessed it? was it televised?
Old 2012-05-06, 19:22   Link #5
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
One question when ise returns in vol 12 who witnessed it? was it televised?
Just rias's and sona's groups. and I dont think so.
If I remember right no one acknowledge him or said anything they were to surprise to see him until he said Oppai then every body called out to him and knew it was him which made him sad because no recognizance him until he said oppai.
Old 2012-05-07, 18:13   Link #6
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Just rias's and sona's groups. and I dont think so.
If I remember right no one acknowledge him or said anything they were to surprise to see him until he said Oppai then every body called out to him and knew it was him which made him sad because no recognizance him until he said oppai.
Well someone should have noticed his fusion with GR.......wait, someone should definitely notice the arrival of GR, and then the fusion between Ise and GR that produced a giant Ise with his BB form on (which is known throughout the underworld) and then him defeating the giant monsters attacking the major cities....
Someone will definitely notice his arrival.
Now the thing is only the Rias group, Souna group, the Phoenix house, Maous and Gremory house, Sairarorg and Vali's team new Ise died, so for the rest of the underworld it's a matter of being late (or right on time, wich way you prefer).
Old 2012-05-08, 10:20   Link #7
Yye1
Wide Right

Why are ppl calling Zenovia Xenovia?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 10:31   Link #8
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Why are ppl calling Zenovia Xenovia?
Zenovia was the first fan translation made by people while Xenovia is the official japanese to english name by Ishibumi. Apparently it has something to do with the different way hiragana is read. There were also differences in other LN between fan and official translation (To aru for example).
Old 2012-05-08, 10:34   Link #9
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
Well someone should have noticed his fusion with GR.......wait, someone should definitely notice the arrival of GR, and then the fusion between Ise and GR that produced a giant Ise with his BB form on (which is known throughout the underworld) and then him defeating the giant monsters attacking the major cities....
Someone will definitely notice his arrival.
Now the thing is only the Rias group, Souna group, the Phoenix house, Maous and Gremory house, Sairarorg and Vali's team new Ise died, so for the rest of the underworld it's a matter of being late (or right on time, wich way you prefer).
n0m@n said that Grafia was present when Issei rode in on GR and "became Ultraman" to defeat Jaberwock.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 18:01   Link #10
Rozeluxe Meitzen

umm, my question now is, Ophis gave half of her powers to revive Ise, and she had twice the power of Draig and Albion together in their prime (already more than enough to kick anyones butt easily), so that means she now has only the power equal to Draig and Albion in their prime? (wich is already to much) next question, what happened to the stolen power? will she get it back?, or is it all lost forever, including the power she gave Ise? basically i wonder about the future of Ophis power and if she will regain her infinite, but either way, so far, she is the strongest of all (apart from GR)
Rozeluxe Meitzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 20:37   Link #11
ru5ty

@rozeluxe Meitzen well we still dont know how infinite ophis power is..but it is true when ophis power stolen by caocao she still have power twice heavenly dragon..i dont know how much power she gave to ise.but if its true that she give half of her power (which is equal to ddraig or albion) than ise would have power equal to heavenly dragon??(not to mention his body is from GR body)

ru5ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 20:41   Link #12
XFire
150% done

Ophus didn't retrieve her stolen power as far as we know, but I would assume there is a way for her to retrieve it. Though I don't think she really cares at this point.
Old 2012-05-08, 20:43   Link #13
1upspud

I thought her power after the attack was twice that of the two heavenly dragons in their prime so her power after Ise gets his new body is the same as the two heavenly dragons in their prime combined.
1upspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 20:49   Link #14
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1upspud View Post
I thought her power after the attack was twice that of the two heavenly dragons in their prime so her power after Ise gets his new body is the same as the two heavenly dragons in their prime combined.
Not exactly. His body is a little stronger than before, but not to that extent. Rather than Ophus giving him that much power, it cost her that much strength to attach Ise's spirit to his new body.

Whoops, read you're question wrong. But n0m@n said her power level after vol 12 was "a slightly strong dragon".
Old 2012-05-08, 20:59   Link #15
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Not exactly. His body is a little stronger than before, but not to that extent. Rather than Ophus giving him that much power, it cost her that much strength to attach Ise's spirit to his new body.

Whoops, read you're question wrong. But n0m@n said her power level after vol 12 was "a slightly strong dragon".
Well that is what we expect but I dont really know what his new body is like, or has n0m put a few spoilers about his body as well??
Old 2012-05-12, 21:35   Link #16
Cracking0815
Crackling

In the Summeries of Volume 12 it is mentioned that Akeno, Ise and Kiba are promoted. Which title have they obtained?
Cracking0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 21:48   Link #17
zzhk
Summary Machine

I think they are deemed to have passed, but haven't gone through the actual ceremony yet.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 22:10   Link #18
Cracking0815
Crackling

Thanks for the quick reply, i am looking forward to it. Especially what comes with a title(territory and so on, since Evil pieces comes with a High Class Promotion that is out of question).
Cracking0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 11:44   Link #19
JAGI_X

@zzhk about Issei receives numerous passionate love letters from demoness.
who are they demoness?
Old 2012-05-13, 12:50   Link #20
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI_X View Post
@zzhk about Issei receives numerous passionate love letters from demoness.
who are they demoness?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Doubt it, I mean, there's way too many rumors about the shameless dragon who feeds on breasts, reads women's thoughts and blows their clothes away.
We don't know if this is a real SS by Ishibumi or simply fan fiction, but given Ise was asked by a few characters to make babies with them, after saving the underworld I can totally see applications for his harem.

Tags
dxd