AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 16:16   Link #3581
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Day 1 of the European qualifiers are over. The real surprise of Day 1 is that Fnatic barely got through to Day 2...They crushed Anexis but lost badly to Giants and Alternate didn't give them an easy time (took Fnatic 34 minutes to get their first turret in that game...). 8 teams left competing for the final 5 spots but Fnatic are by no means clear.

Day 2 matchups:

Copenhagen Wolves vs Millenium

Against All Authority vs DragonBorns

Giants vs Mousesports

Meet Your Makers vs Fnatic

The winners of those best of three sets qualify for Season 3. Those that lose go into a round robin on day 3 where the winner takes the final spot.
Old 2013-01-25, 20:03   Link #3582
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

In other news, ex clg.eu is now officially EG... as expected.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 15:37   Link #3583
Kafriel
Senior Guest

New fav combo: Taric+Elise. That double stun is just

As for tourneys, I've lost interest right now...too much lag and the teams are just so different from what they were a few months ago, I'm not as inclined to follow them anymore.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 17:47   Link #3584
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Euro qualifiers stream had no issues at all. Whatever happened at Katowice was really more of a Polish bandwith issue, most likely.

Fnatic got through quite easily today along with Copenhagen Wolves (really pleased they made it, they gave former CLG.eu a real run for their money at Dreamhack), Against All Authority and Giants.

Taric + Urgot bot lane is really coming into favour now. Its CC and greater survivability is causing more issues than opponents expect. It's also capable of fast pushing.

Apparently Vi is a capable champ - as long as your team has a clue and you build her a certain way. XJ9, a jungler on NA, has made it to nearly 2600 elo aka the top 2-3, if not #1 (update those damn tables ffs, not even the streamers/people at the top know where they are). His three regular junglers are Zed, Hecarim and Vi (also does a good Kha'Zix), although presently he plays close to 100% Vi. His recommendations for Vi are:

Core items: Spirit of the Elder Lizard (this may sound insane, but when you watch him for long enough then try it yourself, you find this is WAY better than Bloodthirster), Black Cleaver, Warmog's. Order of the final 3 depend on your opponents - Maw of Maltorius, Randiun's Omen, Last Whisper.

Masteries: 21 Offense, 9 Defense. (He recommends putting 2 offense points into jungle damage, only 1 into attack speed and avoiding the crit masteries since you won't be getting any crit items).

Runes: 3 x arm pen marks, 6 x attack speed marks, 9 x flat armor seals, 9 x per level MR glyphs, 3 x attack damage quints (you could differ on the quints, maybe all arm pen for marks but the rest makes a lot of sense and Vi is a bit lacking for attack speed early).

His overall advice for Vi is to avoid being completely sucked in by the current trend of super-stacking health on top/jungle melee champs. At some point, Vi does need to bulk up for teamfight survival and the passive, but you do need damage and you need to consider yourself somewhat of an assassin as well as a tank.

I'd recommend watching XJ9's stream if you want a jungler to get ideas/help from. He doesn't always give advice but when he does, he is super-detailed. The one downside to him is he can rant about weird things at times and has a super-annoying laugh. But the positives well outweigh those negatives.

Only thing I'd like to hear from him is when he recommends not to use Vi, because he first picks it a lot of the time. One thing I am certain of is Alistair is able to knockback Vi during her moves, so a good Alistair will render Vi useless. Figuring Yorick, Jax, Lee Sin and Pantheon would also negate her.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2013-01-26 at 17:59.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 17:49   Link #3585
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I find thresh really fun, they really need to speed up his grab tho, atleast the throw... its a 1 second too late for them to dodge.
Old 2013-01-27, 01:03   Link #3586
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well...Wingsofdeathx seems to have solved the mystery of Thresh....he...is...an...AD CARRY....

Why did Riot say Thresh was a support...

Yeah, this Thresh patch is causing people a LOT of issues...d/cons upon loading a game are prevalent in virtually every game. Login queues have suddenly appeared and are...damn large...People are suffering higher latencies across the board. I swear ever since the Elise patch, things have become more problematic. Even for streamers.

Edit: DragonBorns got the final spot for S3 in Europe. They demolished Meet Your Makers in the final match.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2013-01-27 at 12:54.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 13:55   Link #3587
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Yeah, this Thresh patch is causing people a LOT of issues...d/cons upon loading a game are prevalent in virtually every game. Login queues have suddenly appeared and are...damn large...People are suffering higher latencies across the board. I swear ever since the Elise patch, things have become more problematic. Even for streamers.
I am pretty sure it was due to extra server load from double IP weekend on top of the patch, imo.

On a different note I feel Sejauni is finally kinda of decent (If only due to the warmogs meta suiting her ), I've had quite a number of good games with her assuming I don't pick vs someone who will kill me like Lee Sin, or Shaco. Though once warmog issue is addressed, she will probably need more changes to remain viable.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 16:49   Link #3588
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I am pretty sure it was due to extra server load from double IP weekend on top of the patch, imo.

On a different note I feel Sejauni is finally kinda of decent (If only due to the warmogs meta suiting her ), I've had quite a number of good games with her assuming I don't pick vs someone who will kill me like Lee Sin, or Shaco. Though once warmog issue is addressed, she will probably need more changes to remain viable.
I been doing Sejuani since early S2, and I think she is ok and her ult is amazing in a team fight.

The problem is she is a support hero that need to jungle so other people can get kills. She can't kill ANYTHING alone unless she is grossly fed. Kind of like Leorna just not as beefy. I was 80%+ with her until I discovered Shyvana, who can do everything Sej do but better. =/
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 00:56   Link #3589
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
I been doing Sejuani since early S2, and I think she is ok and her ult is amazing in a team fight.

The problem is she is a support hero that need to jungle so other people can get kills. She can't kill ANYTHING alone unless she is grossly fed. Kind of like Leorna just not as beefy. I was 80%+ with her until I discovered Shyvana, who can do everything Sej do but better. =/
Shyvana has much weaker ganks and team fight presence, imo, but has much stronger early game, dueling, objective control, and counter jungle ability.
MAL
Old 2013-01-28, 02:27   Link #3590
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Sejuani's biggest problem is that she's a slow clearer early and you can't afford a slow clearer on ranked. Her AoE stun ult is decent but the range is nothing compared to something like Amumu. Most of all, junglers are becoming close to the only way to penetrate the backline and assassinate the ADC. So ones like Hecarim, Zed, Vi, Olaf and Kha'Zix are more prominent lately.

Some of the guys at higher elo have figured out the deal with Thresh in detail and determined in his present state, AD Carry is his only viable role.

Reasons:

1. His passive allows for his first attack after not attacking for a while to do considerable bonus damage, at least 100. Whether this was intended or not is unclear...

2. His Q hits for about 500 once geared. However, the tradeoff is Thresh won't be able to auto-attack for a few seconds when Qing.

3. His range - it's considerable.

4. The Box is a chaser move, not a battle opener. You have to force people to break The Box for it to be worth it.

5. Soul storage becomes considerable quickly via AD carry farm.

Voyboy and others investigating him and teaming/versing with Thresh players are fairly certain Riot didn't intend for Thresh to be an AD carry. Hard CC makes Thresh damn vulnerable - the offensive capability of Thresh is high but the disengage potential is very low. So even if Thresh is capable of crushing, he needs certain champs to roll with or he can become a liability. Blitzcrank is probably his best friend.
Old 2013-01-28, 02:58   Link #3591
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Blitzcrank is probably his best friend.
Well of course.
Old 2013-01-28, 04:23   Link #3592
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Well of course.
I am pretty sure that isn't possible now , cause him and skarner originally worked with it on PBE, but was changed before he came off PBE.
MAL
Old 2013-01-28, 07:46   Link #3593
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Sejuani's biggest problem is that she's a slow clearer early and you can't afford a slow clearer on ranked. Her AoE stun ult is decent but the range is nothing compared to something like Amumu. Most of all, junglers are becoming close to the only way to penetrate the backline and assassinate the ADC. So ones like Hecarim, Zed, Vi, Olaf and Kha'Zix are more prominent lately.

Some of the guys at higher elo have figured out the deal with Thresh in detail and determined in his present state, AD Carry is his only viable role.

Reasons:

1. His passive allows for his first attack after not attacking for a while to do considerable bonus damage, at least 100. Whether this was intended or not is unclear...

2. His Q hits for about 500 once geared. However, the tradeoff is Thresh won't be able to auto-attack for a few seconds when Qing.

3. His range - it's considerable.

4. The Box is a chaser move, not a battle opener. You have to force people to break The Box for it to be worth it.

5. Soul storage becomes considerable quickly via AD carry farm.

Voyboy and others investigating him and teaming/versing with Thresh players are fairly certain Riot didn't intend for Thresh to be an AD carry. Hard CC makes Thresh damn vulnerable - the offensive capability of Thresh is high but the disengage potential is very low. So even if Thresh is capable of crushing, he needs certain champs to roll with or he can become a liability. Blitzcrank is probably his best friend.
Just because his best role may be adc doesnt make him viable in this role imo. His range is abysmal for an adc, only a single spell (passive at that) scales with AD.

I just don't see him doing well, neither in early when long range poke (e.g. cait, ez, mf etc.) easily manhandles him nor in late game when he simply doesn't have the dps capabilities.

Rather than range adc bot I'd put him in toplane to build him into a tanky cc-"bruiser".
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 10:16   Link #3594
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
I am pretty sure that isn't possible now , cause him and skarner originally worked with it on PBE, but was changed before he came off PBE.
It actually work for Darius. Two days ago I was fighting an hyper fed Vayne in a team fight, I did a E using Darius just as Vayne fired her knockback.

Result? I clawed Vayne into the middle of my team . Nearly a screen away.

After she fell over like a schoolgirl on her prom, her remaining 4 underfed teammates got ran over.
Old 2013-01-28, 10:40   Link #3595
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Shyvana has much weaker ganks and team fight presence, imo, but has much stronger early game, dueling, objective control, and counter jungle ability.
Well, it really depend on how u look at it. A well timed R/Q/W can also end a game like Sej's.

In term of burst, the only downside Shvy have vs Sej is

In a gank situation (early mid), the enemy may be able to flee from Shvy since Shvy can't slow (solved by phage, frozen etc).

While Sej can slow the target for the kill, Sej usually can't do the kill alone. (solved by????)

I still remember watching my Top die to a Lee sin with 30% HP left per 6, and I was level 6 with full health.

I ult, Q, the WE....but Lee sin had less than 3% HP left.

He shield and actually killed me.

In the same situation, Shvy would come out with a kill. It was at that point I retired poor Sej >.<

The only reason I liked her anyway is winning the game with her and have people cry "You don't deserve to win cause you had such an foul hero"
Old 2013-01-31, 03:55   Link #3596
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't know what's going on but today the majority of games on ranked are having almost EVERYONE randomly d/c during loading screen or in the middle of the game.

This is getting out of control...whatever Riot did a few days ago may have made the problem worse...It was utterly bizarre seeing it happen in ranked then go to Voyboy's stream and watch both sides of one of his matches fully d/c for about 3 minutes...

What the hell...
Old 2013-01-31, 13:34   Link #3597
willx
Nyaaan~~

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...42#post4535442

Thought I'd drop a link to this post. Some very nice LoL cosplay!
Old 2013-01-31, 14:24   Link #3598
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Shen looked the best in that pic, cause you don't need to see their face XD.
Old 2013-01-31, 20:47   Link #3599
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Patch 3.01 notes

Lot of nerfs, a few item chances.

Most importantly, the new ranked system goes live.
Old 2013-02-01, 01:31   Link #3600
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

New item out again hehe, can't wait to see how the new ranking system turns out XD

Tags
league of legends, lol