AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-29, 06:32   Link #241
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhellnice View Post
there is a new sub group eng and in 810p for Phantom but i can not post it so you will have to look for it
Thanks for the heads up! I was scared. I thought I would be stuck with those youtube low quality style vids at funi forevers! Thankies
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 07:07   Link #242
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I was scared. I thought I would be stuck with those youtube low quality style vids at funi forevers! Thankies
If you live within FUNi's killzone, you still have to worry about BayTSP so practice "safe downloading". Just a friendly reminder.
Old 2009-04-29, 23:01   Link #243
Proudleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
If you live within FUNi's killzone, you still have to worry about BayTSP so practice "safe downloading". Just a friendly reminder.
What exactly do you mean by "safe downloading?" Would simply downloading from a fansubbers' tracker directly constitute that?

And I loved episode four. More thoughts later.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 23:15   Link #244
GDB

Safest would be having the subber upload to some sort of direct download service, I would think.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 00:51   Link #245
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm drawing parallels to Noir.. but i'm too tired to write them out. all i can say is, i believe we're in for a sad ending.. i'm still trying to figure out who's better.. Ein or Kirika. they're like carbon copies of each other.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 01:08   Link #246
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i'm drawing parallels to Noir.. but i'm too tired to write them out. all i can say is, i believe we're in for a sad ending.. i'm still trying to figure out who's better.. Ein or Kirika. they're like carbon copies of each other.
I wouldn't go so far as calling them carbon copies, but then again Ein came first so...reach your own conclusions.

As for the ending, they have several possibilities available and some are sadder / happier than others (even "happy" endings have their costs).

Personally, I think they will mix and match different elements, maybe with something original as well, but one specific outcome will probably have to be clear in the end. I'm trying to be vague and without any other details, this is just a general commentary on the story's structure.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 01:38   Link #247
grunty

Uh, regarding that ^. Why isn't anyone overanalyzing the DVD announcements? The very interesting and unusual for Japanese releases episode count per disc and box titles:

Ein-hen DVD1-4: 2 3 3 3 (11 episodes)
Zwei-hen DVD5-7: 2 3 3 (8 episodes)
Drei-hen DVD8-10: 2 2 3 (7 episodes)

Interesting: Maybe they are doing arcs? Just a maybe...
Unusual: Usually they'd slap 2 (or 3) episodes on ALL discs without paying attention to arcs (lolhigurashi)...
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 02:09   Link #248
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
^I guess we'll know when ep 11 comes out . That seems about right in terms of episode to chap layout, since chap 1 was the longest, and chap 2 and 3 were about the same length.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i'm still trying to figure out who's better.. Ein or Kirika. they're like carbon copies of each other.
Like I said, Ein > Kirika. Ein's forte is in close-range combat though, so if she ever got close enough, Kirika = dead. Else, in a typical gunfight, it'd probably be pretty even i guess.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 09:49   Link #249
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

dunno, Kirika is pretty badass at close range combat too. she beat Chloe who's specialty was close range combat.

having not read the manga and not knowing anything about the series, i predict:
Spoiler:
drama ensues..
Old 2009-04-30, 10:17   Link #250
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

HOLY .... JUST WOW

Spoiler for Ep 5:

PS: Poor Ein somehow she looks like a wife that waiting for his husband to comeback home while the husband is...........
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 10:31   Link #251
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
episode 4 was pretty solid. Introduction of the target and location for the hit also their covers and how their weapons were delivered to them. They memorized everything that need to be memorized including cameras. They picked the perfect time to attack when the target and guards felt the most safe when he was back in the vehicle. Just goes to show no matter how safe you think you are there is always a way. I thought their masks made a great addition to their look and actions reminded me Darker than black. I also liked how the mob boss didnt flinch when his time came he did like a man.

Ein showing those kind of emotions we say near and at the end was a nice touch. Having a counterpart and now being alone is causing her emotions to reawaken but Zwei's emotions are fading its a nice contrast and one can see how these two will become so close it will be like they are as one.

Really loving the series so far really nice to see how well this one is doing Bee Train really nailed this one so far.
Old 2009-04-30, 10:49   Link #252
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

dunno if you guys agree with me, but i think that Ein is criminally cute when she wants to be..
Old 2009-04-30, 12:03   Link #253
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudleaf View Post
What exactly do you mean by "safe downloading?" Would simply downloading from a fansubbers' tracker directly constitute that?

And I loved episode four. More thoughts later.
That would be unsafe if you use bittorrent.
Old 2009-04-30, 12:13   Link #254
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
^I guess we'll know when ep 11 comes out . That seems about right in terms of episode to chap layout, since chap 1 was the longest, and chap 2 and 3 were about the same length.

Like I said, Ein > Kirika. Ein's forte is in close-range combat though, so if she ever got close enough, Kirika = dead. Else, in a typical gunfight, it'd probably be pretty even i guess.
But to get to at least one of Ein's endings you need Drei. So the title layout doesn't give that much away.

Another way to look at it is that if Ein's story ended at vol. 4 then Ein's fans would have no incentive to buy the remaining series. Drei's fans would also have very little incentive. So I expect all 3 stories to end on the last disc.

Last edited by orion; 2009-04-30 at 12:33.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 12:39   Link #255
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Okay, just watched episode 4. What was with the matrix music in the middle of the episode as the guards chased Ein? lol.
Old 2009-04-30, 13:40   Link #256
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
That would be unsafe if you use bittorrent.
I'll take my chances. I don't have anything of worth anyway. I wouldn't mind watching the streaming version, but despite that its low quality, my pc STILL can't play it . It's like going at about 2/3 the normal frame rate, and since this is my top show of the season, I don't plan to sit through that.
Quote:
But to get to at least one of Ein's endings you need Drei. So the title layout doesn't give that much away.

Another way to look at it is that if Ein's story ended at vol. 4 then Ein's fans would have no incentive to buy the remaining series. Drei's fans would also have very little incentive. So I expect all 3 stories to end on the last disc.
Vol. 4? Didn't it go like this:

Spoiler for VN:

Last edited by frubam; 2009-04-30 at 13:53.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 14:13   Link #257
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Wow, episode 5 was great.
Spoiler for ep5:
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 14:59   Link #258
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I'm sorry if this was posted before, but is Phantom Requiem for the Phantom liscenced by Media Factory Inc?
Old 2009-04-30, 15:11   Link #259
Cheesyhoboe

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunty View Post
Uh, regarding that ^. Why isn't anyone overanalyzing the DVD announcements? The very interesting and unusual for Japanese releases episode count per disc and box titles:

Ein-hen DVD1-4: 2 3 3 3 (11 episodes)
Zwei-hen DVD5-7: 2 3 3 (8 episodes)
Drei-hen DVD8-10: 2 2 3 (7 episodes)

Interesting: Maybe they are doing arcs? Just a maybe...
Unusual: Usually they'd slap 2 (or 3) episodes on ALL discs without paying attention to arcs (lolhigurashi)...

Wait... the second chapter is only going to be 8 episodes? While the first chapter is going to be 11? Damn... that means we're going to have 3-4 more filler episodes until you-know-what happens. The first chapter is my least favorite of the 3, but at least this means the next two chapters won't be getting dragged out with filler.
Cheesyhoboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 15:31   Link #260
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesyhoboe View Post
Wait... the second chapter is only going to be 8 episodes? While the first chapter is going to be 11?
The first chapter seems a little longer than it should be, I think...but I suppose they want to really build-up the current characters and their developing relationships before moving on to anything else.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen