AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-29, 14:16   Link #21
Mateus

Okay now I'm really wondering what sort of liquid this guy is, at first I tought it was a leak or something until I realized it actually had its own dialogue bubble
Old 2012-02-29, 14:32   Link #22
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Island of weird things indeed...the ice and fire part is one thing, and okay sure there are half-beasts roaming around, but...OMG what is that, slime monsters/people in OP!?

Lol @ Brook being left behind, although it does make sense
Old 2012-02-29, 14:53   Link #23
Kallen4life

SaNa OTP
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2012-02-29, 15:04   Link #24
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Hey, I think that the harpy's T-shirt actually says "HARPY"
Old 2012-02-29, 17:32   Link #25
gazawraith

Could just be a Poison Devil Fruit user. I know Megellan had Poison but maybe the gas and liquid forms are different? who knows at this point.
Old 2012-02-29, 18:33   Link #26
AdventSleeper

As always, One Piece continues to surprise me
Old 2012-02-29, 19:23   Link #27
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
wow.... so it's like a nuclear reactor exploded and spread mutation to every creature in the island...
and Aokiji-Akainu's battle theory was right.... great job everyone...
I was the first & only to call it.

VVVFrom last chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Anyone think the fire/ice island is where Akainu and Aokiji duked out?

Or just a coincidence?
Old 2012-02-29, 19:30   Link #28
Nightmare-Kun
The Nightmare Begins...

what if the master is also a fail devil fruit experiment. not exactly a devil fruit user just a fail product of trying to duplicate one
Old 2012-03-01, 01:12   Link #29
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
Could just be a Poison Devil Fruit user. I know Megellan had Poison but maybe the gas and liquid forms are different? who knows at this point.
Pretty sure that Magellan had both gas and liquid, but I'd rather not go into too much detail.
Old 2012-03-01, 04:04   Link #30
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

So finally we're seeing the true power of Logia's on nature itself. That musta been 1 hell of an epic battle for it to have such an affect on the balance of nature on a single Island.

Maybe something happenned in the long distant past involving logia's or DF in general that caused the eratic nature of the Grand Line/New World....
Old 2012-03-01, 05:14   Link #31
Darmill

Great chapter. I'm curious if Smoker is resistent to sleeping gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Hey, I think that the harpy's T-shirt actually says "HARPY"
My thought as well. But to be honest, she looks more like a siren than a harpy and she probably has the ability to seduce pirates/sailors with her voice which could lead us to a musical dual between her & Brook
Old 2012-03-01, 06:57   Link #32
karumofin

Oh wow, so we will finally get the long overdue explanation for devil fruits during this arc!
Old 2012-03-01, 07:28   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one that wouldn't mind seeing some of this Aokiji and Akainu's epic battle material.

I already had so much respect for Nami, and after this chapter i have even more for her. Sanji was typical Sanji though, which is sometimes a shame.
Old 2012-03-01, 08:44   Link #34
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
So finally we're seeing the true power of Logia's on nature itself. That musta been 1 hell of an epic battle for it to have such an affect on the balance of nature on a single Island.

Maybe something happenned in the long distant past involving logia's or DF in general that caused the eratic nature of the Grand Line/New World....
That's an interesting idea! It would be pretty cool if the Grand Line and the New World were created as a result of a massive war between DF users (the Poseidon owner could've created the Calm Belt and various Logias changed the weather on each island, for example)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmill View Post
Great chapter. I'm curious if Smoker is resistent to sleeping gas.

My thought as well. But to be honest, she looks more like a siren than a harpy and she probably has the ability to seduce pirates/sailors with her voice which could lead us to a musical dual between her & Brook
Haha, then she'd have to be pretty good to compete with the Soul King

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-03-01 at 22:44. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double posting...
Old 2012-03-01, 10:58   Link #35
marvelB

Upon closer consideration, devil fruits being the cause of the abnormal weather throughout the NW's islands would actually make a lot of sense. Like maybe a previous user of Eneru's DF was the cause of that thunder island, for instance. I mean, if the battle between two of the world's strongest marines had THIS kind of effect on Punk Hazard, then I'd definitely say it's highly plausible....

Also, something just occurred to me: Since we've got the involvement of Smoker AND a shichibukai in this storyline (on an island that's connected to Vegapunk, no less), this may end up being the point where the rest of the Straw-Hats will get their long-overdue bounty hikes.
Old 2012-03-01, 11:49   Link #36
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post

Something tells me you just predicted something EPIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
That's an interesting idea! It would be pretty cool if the Grand Line and the New World were created as a result of a massive war between DF users (the Poseidon owner could've created the Calm Belt and various Logias changed the weather on each island, for example)...
Another EPIC Prediction....Can anybody say "VOID HISTORY". The history of the what really happened long ago that the world gov doesn't want anyone to know. part of that being the devastating effects of the weapons that were more readily available during that time

Last edited by james0246; 2012-03-01 at 12:35. Reason: double post...
Old 2012-03-01, 12:43   Link #37
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Very nice ideas, guys. Let me take those predictions one step further and say that Blackbeard is actually gathering DF powers, so that he can reshape the world again.

Omg, Oda needs to rewrite his story.
Old 2012-03-01, 12:49   Link #38
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
a bit off topic but talking Megellan reminds me.

How likely is it that with Akoji resigning andf Akianu getting a promotion. Megellan is now one of the Three Admirals. Also who would be the 3rd Admiral?
Old 2012-03-01, 12:57   Link #39
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I was the first & only to call it.

VVVFrom last chapter.
Wrong, 4th post down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Woo! I came early enough to say it!

Bird-woman/Harpy for next strawhat!

Other than that, great chapter. A random thought occurred to me while I was reading the chapter. Maybe this is where the two admirals fought?
Not that it's a huge deal anyways, just a small ego boost, haha. Anyways, I'm relatively sure it was a popular theory based on everyone's comments in this thread.

Anyways, great chapter. I'm loving Nami's ponytail look, those get me every time!
Old 2012-03-01, 13:24   Link #40
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
a bit off topic but talking Megellan reminds me.

How likely is it that with Akoji resigning andf Akianu getting a promotion. Megellan is now one of the Three Admirals. Also who would be the 3rd Admiral?
It's not like it would be a bad idea, considering Magellan alone was powerful enough to one-shot pwn the Blackbeard pirates without giving another moment's thought. I had hoped that during the timeskip Smoker would have been promoted to adirmal status, with his Smoke logia fitting in with the general logia themes and all but it seems that seat is reserved for someone else.