AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-23, 22:01   Link #2921
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I wish they made it into a zip file or something.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 03:11   Link #2922
DangerMouse

Yeah, would make it much easier to keep the info and read it all.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 13:48   Link #2923
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I can only find Booklet 1-5 on those threads. I got them in a zip which I will upload soon.

If you read any of those posts, in one of the booklets it says that Anatoray was building two more Urbanus class ships and that the completed parts were used to build the current Urbanus from Fam. Anatoray planned to build 50 Urbanus Class ships but production ceased when the war ended. It would have been a nightmare for the Ades if 50 of those Urbanus class ships pop out.

It's also interesting that the Ades 3rd and 4th flagships are identical ships spec wise, but just different colors.
Old 2012-08-15, 18:56   Link #2924
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I can only find Booklet 1-5 on those threads. I got them in a zip which I will upload soon.

If you read any of those posts, in one of the booklets it says that Anatoray was building two more Urbanus class ships and that the completed parts were used to build the current Urbanus from Fam. Anatoray planned to build 50 Urbanus Class ships but production ceased when the war ended. It would have been a nightmare for the Ades if 50 of those Urbanus class ships pop out.

It's also interesting that the Ades 3rd and 4th flagships are identical ships spec wise, but just different colors.
Yeah, the Urbanus is such an awesome beast.
Old 2012-09-11, 21:42   Link #2925
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Is this a remake of the original, or a continuation of the original? I was looking through what ANN has to offer for streaming and I looked up this series and in the first few episodes, the preview pictures show what looks like Dio.
Old 2012-09-11, 21:50   Link #2926
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Is this a remake of the original, or a continuation of the original? I was looking through what ANN has to offer for streaming and I looked up this series and in the first few episodes, the preview pictures show what looks like Dio.
Continuation. Though it's better to watch the original first to get a sense of the world and the context of the series.
Old 2012-09-11, 22:26   Link #2927
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Continuation. Though it's better to watch the original first to get a sense of the world and the context of the series.
I have watched the original, actually. I have it on DVD. It is a good series. How long after the original does it take place? Since I saw a character that looks like Dio, I'll ask; is that Dio?
Old 2012-09-11, 22:39   Link #2928
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I have watched the original, actually. I have it on DVD. It is a good series. How long after the original does it take place? Since I saw a character that looks like Dio, I'll ask; is that Dio?
Fam takes place two years after the original, and yes, that is indeed Dio...
Spoiler for Last Exile (2003) spoilers regarding Dio:
Old 2012-09-11, 22:51   Link #2929
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Fam takes place two years after the original, and yes, that is indeed Dio...
Spoiler for Last Exile (2003) spoilers regarding Dio:
Wow. Cool. Dio grew on me when I watched the first season. I felt bad how his evil sister brainwashed him (something like that) and I felt a bit bummed out when I thought he died.

I wonder if Allister and Tatiana will be back in this season, and others (I forgot the names of many). There is Lavie, and her best friend, and the little girl they were protecting.

I had six DVDs out of seven for season 1, but it just so happens that I ordered DVD 7 from Amazon a few days ago (I'm trying to complete some series on disc that I haven't completed). I saw the rest of season 1 of Last Exile on a bootleg DVD that I borrowed. I'm completing some series that I saw fansubs of, wanted to buy the DVDs and started buying them, and then didn't complete. Turns out they look bad on my HD monitor and the DVDs look better. These are fansubs from back in 2004 and 2005.

I know Funimation has the rights to the series, so I'm hoping I can watch this series off of Funimation's site. Actually, since I have the first season on DVD, I might buy this season on disc. I should probably ask, is this new season pretty good? I should probably ask that before wanting to get the discs. I will rewatch the first season on DVD before watching the new season.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2012-09-11 at 23:06.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 23:32   Link #2930
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

The first thing you'll notice about this season is the parallels between this and the original series- I won't go into them for fear of spoiling, but you'll probably notice them as you've watched the original series.
A few characters return as well, but again, I won't spoil them.
Ultimately, if you liked the original series, chances are, you'll like this one too.
Old 2012-09-12, 18:19   Link #2931
Julio C
Bury My Shell

This is one sequel where you will either hate it and pretend it never existed or love it and wish you wanted to see more.

I really love this series to the point where I watched each episode several times already.
Old 2013-02-11, 22:27   Link #2932
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Part 1 and 2 are available for pre-ordering at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Exile-Fam...the+silverwing

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Exile-Fam...xgy_mov_text_y

This is Part 1 without the LE box:

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Exile-Fam...the+silverwing
Old 2013-02-17, 08:20   Link #2933
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Trailer for English dub of Sliver Wing. (Sorry for those can't view the trailer)
Source

While i'm sad they didn't get the original English voice actors from Last Exile to reprise their roles in Sliver Wing, the voice acting sounds good.
Old 2013-08-17, 17:01   Link #2934
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
This is one sequel where you will either hate it and pretend it never existed or love it and wish you wanted to see more.

I really love this series to the point where I watched each episode several times already.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Trailer for English dub of Sliver Wing. (Sorry for those can't view the trailer)
Source

While i'm sad they didn't get the original English voice actors from Last Exile to reprise their roles in Sliver Wing, the voice acting sounds good.
Yeah I agree on both thoughts.

Can't wait for September.
Old 2013-08-18, 02:27   Link #2935
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Don't forget the video clips:

Old 2013-08-27, 13:20   Link #2936
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Another one:

Old 2013-09-03, 03:55   Link #2937
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Is this worth watching to someone who loved the original? How similar is it to the first in terms of characters or has it become the typical victim of moefest?
Old 2013-09-04, 13:59   Link #2938
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Yes it's worth watching for someone that love the original, it adds more the universe of Last Exile. It wasn't a moefest at all, that's just an exaggeration. It has some of it since it needs to appeal newer audiences, but it does't take away what made the original great. Don't expect the main characters to come back at since the story focuses on the Fam and Giselle.

Tags
adventure, science fiction