AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-10-13, 19:54   Link #1
Nafi

Looking for Romance/Action anime

I'm in need of a romance and action based anime. Romance has to be a major thing in the plot and not the subplot. I prefer if it's more romance than action also.

Some romance/action anime I liked were: Shakugan no shana, Zero no Tsukaima, Hayate the combat butler, FMP, Vampire Knight, Fate/Stay night, Kaze no Stigma, Ramna 1/2, Chrono Crusade (even thought it was little), and Eureka 7.

I prefer if the romances are the main drive of the anime, like in SnS. I prefer it not to be like in Vampire Knight. Something that puts on a happy atmosphere like ZnT.

Any anime like that? And hoping it has 20+ episodes.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:20   Link #2
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I can work with what you have. So here are my suggestions:
Dragonaut
Hanasakeru Seishonen
Rosario and Vampire
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Vision of Escaflowne
Guilty Crown
Inu x Boku SS
Chibi Vampire or Karin
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de
(romance is mild but is a nice series)

I hope these will be to your requests. Enjoy!
Old 2012-10-14, 07:36   Link #3
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Hidan no Aria: very similar vibes to Zero no Tsukaima (pink haired tsundere), centered on romance and action; it got many sexy girls and moments, you'll most likely enjoy it (it's only 12 episodes but, if you get really interested in it, the story continues with the novel; the anime adaption still has an "ending"). Here a screenshot
Spoiler for pic:
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 07:47   Link #4
dametsuna

If you are searching a romance/action anime,
Sword Art Online is a must (still ongoing though)
Busou Renkin should be okay though i think that it has more action than romance
Asura Cryin'

I hope you can enjoy these.
dametsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 17:01   Link #5
Nafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
I can work with what you have. So here are my suggestions:
Dragonaut
Hanasakeru Seishonen
Rosario and Vampire
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Vision of Escaflowne
Guilty Crown
Inu x Boku SS
Chibi Vampire or Karin
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de
(romance is mild but is a nice series)

I hope these will be to your requests. Enjoy!
Does Guilty Crown actually have a developing romance? I have heard about it but it's not really based off the romance like Dragonaut or Vision of Escaflowne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Hidan no Aria: very similar vibes to Zero no Tsukaima (pink haired tsundere), centered on romance and action; it got many sexy girls and moments, you'll most likely enjoy it (it's only 12 episodes but, if you get really interested in it, the story continues with the novel; the anime adaption still has an "ending"). Here a screenshot
Spoiler for pic:
I have seen it before, I loved it since it had a tsundere and since the romance was a developing type. The amount of romances that are like the tsundere romance/action are very little since most of them have romance on the side.

Quote:
If you are searching a romance/action anime,
Sword Art Online is a must (still ongoing though)
Busou Renkin should be okay though i think that it has more action than romance
Asura Cryin'
Busou Renkin is more action with little romance according to most people. And of course I watch SAO, it is just amazing.
Old 2012-10-14, 18:09   Link #6
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Does Guilty Crown actually have a developing romance? I have heard about it but it's not really based off the romance like Dragonaut or Vision of Escaflowne.
Yes. Guilty Crown does have a developing romance. It isn't exactly like Dragonaut or Escaflowne.
Old 2012-10-14, 18:27   Link #7
Nafi

Quote:
Yes. Guilty Crown does have a developing romance. It isn't exactly like Dragonaut or Escaflowne.
When you say not like Dragonaut, in what way? Most of the action in dragonaut was caused by searching for someone you love. How is it in Guilty Crown?
Old 2012-10-14, 18:42   Link #8
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

In Guilty Crown, the main character joined a group and in that group was a girl that he loved. As the series progressed, the girl eventually loved him and together they fought against their enemies.
Old 2012-10-14, 19:18   Link #9
Nafi

Quote:
In Guilty Crown, the main character joined a group and in that group was a girl that he loved. As the series progressed, the girl eventually loved him and together they fought against their enemies.
Oh, sounds pretty much like the drive of the story. How come no anime database site states that the genre is also a romance? None of the sites put romance as a genre at all? Is the romance in every episode?
Old 2012-10-15, 16:35   Link #10
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

It certainly does have romance. Wikipedia states that. Check it and you'll see.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Crown"[/URL]
I does indeed have action which may seem as the main thing in the series but there is romance and it is always there.
Old 2012-10-15, 19:57   Link #11
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Have you watched Fate/Zero? Yes, it's more action and talking than romance. But I think if you enjoyed Fate/stay night, you will enjoy this regardless of if it has romance.

I'm pretty sure you've watched Angel Beats, but I'll throw it out there anyways just in case. There is Kore wa Zombie desu ka? as well.

Going way back for classics, I will recommend one of my favorite anime of all time, Rurouni Kenshion: Tsuiokuhen. Even if you didn't watch Rurouni Kenshin first, you may appreciate the interwoven plot between romance and action. It is done amazingly.

Another good action/romance anime is Saikano. The art style may be a bit disruptive, but the plot and character development, in my opinion, are done well. There are lots of spoilers abound, so if you do extra "searching" for this anime, beware.

You might like Mahoromatic or you might not. It's not your typical romance/action anime, but there's more romance than fighting, sort of, but there's also comedy and school aspects as well.

Lastly, you can give Kaze no Stigma a chance. It's an interesting anime for sure but the romance develops slowly... There are side plots as well that adds to the anime, which I like. Have fun.

List of other anime you may like but might not have enough romance or action for you: Tales of Symphonia, Scrapped Princess, Gunslinger Girl, Inukami!, Macross Frontier, Seiken no Blacksmith, Senjou no Valkyria, D.N.Angel, Romeo x Juliet, Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu, Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 18:14   Link #12
Nafi

Quote:
It certainly does have romance. Wikipedia states that. Check it and you'll see.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Crown"[/URL]
I does indeed have action which may seem as the main thing in the series but there is romance and it is always there.
Since you ssay it does, and wikipedia also states it, I'll give it a shot once my current animes finish. By the way, how well does the romance and characters develop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Have you watched Fate/Zero? Yes, it's more action and talking than romance. But I think if you enjoyed Fate/stay night, you will enjoy this regardless of if it has romance.

I'm pretty sure you've watched Angel Beats, but I'll throw it out there anyways just in case. There is Kore wa Zombie desu ka? as well.

Going way back for classics, I will recommend one of my favorite anime of all time, Rurouni Kenshion: Tsuiokuhen. Even if you didn't watch Rurouni Kenshin first, you may appreciate the interwoven plot between romance and action. It is done amazingly.

Another good action/romance anime is Saikano. The art style may be a bit disruptive, but the plot and character development, in my opinion, are done well. There are lots of spoilers abound, so if you do extra "searching" for this anime, beware.

You might like Mahoromatic or you might not. It's not your typical romance/action anime, but there's more romance than fighting, sort of, but there's also comedy and school aspects as well.

Lastly, you can give Kaze no Stigma a chance. It's an interesting anime for sure but the romance develops slowly... There are side plots as well that adds to the anime, which I like. Have fun.

List of other anime you may like but might not have enough romance or action for you: Tales of Symphonia, Scrapped Princess, Gunslinger Girl, Inukami!, Macross Frontier, Seiken no Blacksmith, Senjou no Valkyria, D.N.Angel, Romeo x Juliet, Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu, Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
I have watched or put on my waiting list most of the anime you stated except a few. Right now I'm going to start Mai-Hime. Kaze no Stigma was fun but dissappointing and very sad that the author had died (RIP). It's an incomplete story sadly since the romance didn't reveal itself 100%. On Valkyria Chronicles, is romance the main drive of the plot (such as Shakugan no Shana) ?
Old 2012-10-18, 10:43   Link #13
Seii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi View Post
Since you ssay it does, and wikipedia also states it, I'll give it a shot once my current animes finish. By the way, how well does the romance and characters develop?

I have watched or put on my waiting list most of the anime you stated except a few. Right now I'm going to start Mai-Hime. Kaze no Stigma was fun but dissappointing and very sad that the author had died (RIP). It's an incomplete story sadly since the romance didn't reveal itself 100%. On Valkyria Chronicles, is romance the main drive of the plot (such as Shakugan no Shana) ?
hmmm I don't think you mind my interrupting but the romance development is like a rollercoaster, it's a fight between love, the one is true love, the other is just love for using. All I can say. Just to make you get interested :P
Seii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 15:00   Link #14
Nafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seii View Post
hmmm I don't think you mind my interrupting but the romance development is like a rollercoaster, it's a fight between love, the one is true love, the other is just love for using. All I can say. Just to make you get interested :P
ABout Guilty Crown? If yes, so I'll pretty much start watching it withing 2 weeks from now.
Old 2012-10-19, 04:11   Link #15
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi View Post
Oh, sounds pretty much like the drive of the story. How come no anime database site states that the genre is also a romance? None of the sites put romance as a genre at all? Is the romance in every episode?
Some anime sites are like that, they put the most popular or most prominent genre in the anime to get more viewers, some people don't enjoy solely romance anime so if the sites say action they are like oh an action anime with a little romance on the side, great! thats usually how it goes... At least thats what I think based off the anime i watched

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 13:26   Link #16
Nafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphine View Post
Some anime sites are like that, they put the most popular or most prominent genre in the anime to get more viewers, some people don't enjoy solely romance anime so if the sites say action they are like oh an action anime with a little romance on the side, great! thats usually how it goes... At least thats what I think based off the anime i watched
Well I usually base the genres off of wikipedia, animenewsnetwork, and myanimelist. If 2 of the 3 sites say a genre, I accept it.