AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-26, 05:43   Link #381
ReddyRedWolf

Tanaka called Darius Ainsworth a Counterfeiter and he calls this the 6th Holy Grail War.

I think while the whole Class Card magic is original to the Ainsworth, the Ainsworth are not the ones who came up with the Holy Grail War ritual in this world.

This is not the first time the Holy Grail War can be copied. Other Fate stories occur outside Fuyuki.

Hence a Counterfeiter. Since stealing magical research is such a big deal in the world of mages Darius Ainsworth made a copy of the Holy Grail War ritual with his own twist.

Which leads me to think Tanaka may be a Homunculus of the Einzberns. Tanaka showing up in front of Illya is not a coincidence as she may be the only living Einzbern in this world. (Kuro is too but they were once one person.)
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 10:17   Link #382
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Darius is a pretty entertaining and threatening villain. Took down everybody like it was nothing. Tanaka was also very impressive. She managed to take down a noble phantasm (I wonder which hero this ice dome belongs to) that Bazett and Kuro couldn't even scratch.

This is already the sixth Holy Grail war in this verse. If what we told about the Holy Grail War having been specifically created for Miyu is true, than that means they happen very often.
Old 2013-09-26, 19:30   Link #383
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do wonder if Darius is a bit too powerful. It's not like the cast has powerups just sitting around to make up the difference. Also there goes the hope of Excalibur helping them out here .

Still the enemies have thrown down the gauntlet. Though wonder if they go a bit too far between the extremes of comical and terrifying. That kind of remains annoying too . At the very least can't say the enemies are lacking enough power to make themselves a threat. Not going to be easy to go after Miyu with all that in the way.
Old 2013-09-26, 19:41   Link #384
The Green One

So Illya powers up her resolve to fight once more and.......gets flattened in three seconds flat. Again.

Poor thing can't seem to win.

Interesting that we seem to be at the sixth in this reality. Tanaka certainly is.....strange.

How will our heroines get out of this? They seem to be hopelessly out classed, even little miss broken Bazett got swatted aside like she was a joke.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 20:20   Link #385
GDB

It kind of looked like he was holding a card before he did those amazingly strong feats of strength and skill, but wasn't while he did them. That, combined with Tanaka's words, make me think he's not able to do anything but create the cards on his own. All of his power comes from the cards, which he's able to use simultaneously. He just happens to also have some broken cards like whatever made that gravity well.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 20:57   Link #386
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This is already the sixth Holy Grail war in this verse. If what we told about the Holy Grail War having been specifically created for Miyu is true, than that means they happen very often.
I think it just means that Darius designed the Grail War only after he found Miyu by accident.

You know how Zouken didn't originally intend to use Sakura as a grail and was going to wait for her offspring to use as a vessel, until he found that Sakura had progressed much more quickly than he expected so he accelerated his plans in HF?
That's what I think happened with the Ainsworths. Darius didn't think of how to reach the Root until he found out that he could with Miyu. That's when he designed the Grail Wars to take advantage of her, as opposed to the F/SN Einzberns who created Homunculi explicitly for that purpose.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 20:05   Link #387
ReddyRedWolf

Except Miyu is the complete Holy Grail. By that it implies she does not need to absorb heroic spirits.

The Einzbern homunculus are merely grail vessels or containers which need to be filled.
Old 2013-09-27, 21:53   Link #388
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think it just means that Darius designed the Grail War only after he found Miyu by accident.

You know how Zouken didn't originally intend to use Sakura as a grail and was going to wait for her offspring to use as a vessel, until he found that Sakura had progressed much more quickly than he expected so he accelerated his plans in HF?
That's what I think happened with the Ainsworths. Darius didn't think of how to reach the Root until he found out that he could with Miyu. That's when he designed the Grail Wars to take advantage of her, as opposed to the F/SN Einzberns who created Homunculi explicitly for that purpose.
Didn't the crest worms destroy Sakura's ability to have children? I admit it was a long time since I've played Heaven's Feel and I don't really remember but I thought the game mentions something like this.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 08:49   Link #389
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Darius copied. Thus he is faker.
Old 2013-09-28, 10:57   Link #390
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Except Miyu is the complete Holy Grail. By that it implies she does not need to absorb heroic spirits.

The Einzbern homunculus are merely grail vessels or containers which need to be filled.
Darius outright states that he's initiating the Sixth Holy Grail War to complete the Holy Grail in this chapter. That means Miyu is incomplete.
Old 2013-09-28, 13:46   Link #391
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Darius outright states that he's initiating the Sixth Holy Grail War to complete the Holy Grail in this chapter. That means Miyu is incomplete.
No Darius merely said the 6th Holy Grail War resumes not to complete the Holy Grail. Miyu is a natural born complete Holy Grail. This is how Shirou's wish for her was granted.

The Holy Grail War rules in this universe is different from any other as it is the possession natural living Grail not killing Servants to complete it.

Indeed Darius said to Illya to keep the Class Cards she got. Why? He doesn't need them.
Old 2013-09-28, 15:47   Link #392
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
No Darius merely said the 6th Holy Grail War resumes not to complete the Holy Grail.

I don't understand how you could blatantly deny something that's explicitly stated. The war to complete the grail has been launched. No where does he say that the grail war isn't needed to complete the grail.
Old 2013-09-28, 16:22   Link #393
ReddyRedWolf

Conceded I did not see that.
Old 2013-09-28, 16:36   Link #394
GDB

She's basically a greater/lesser grail, just like Illya and Kuro are in the story. If you recall, both of the latter also did things that being a mere vessel for an empty grail wouldn't be able to do.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 02:02   Link #395
RayOfLoveAndJustice

Maybe miyu true name was angra mainyu she was completed grail after all
And maybe the world miyu was exist is a part possibility of HF route when shirou chose to become ally of justice and kill sakura but fail to destroy grail and regret it and after miyu was born he treat her as his own little sister as atonement of his regret

it just my speculation
RayOfLoveAndJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 11:07   Link #396
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New chapter is out.

Darius is a sadistic bastard. Poor Miyu. He's extracting records from her, which contains her experience in the parallel world and probably a lot more informations. I'm guessing these records are what taught him how to create the cards.

Gil has never heard of the noble phantasms Darius used. That's intriguing.
Old 2013-12-23, 12:33   Link #397
Shadow5YA

What a coincidence that Ilya is shown to be missing right after Erika asks whether it would be nice if she was with Miyu too.

Since Ilya left her cards behind, most likely she has been kidnapped.
Old 2013-12-23, 12:46   Link #398
ZeroForever

darius noble phantasms are prob counterfeits that he created on his own like tanaka said.

using miyu's power he's making up his own legends, at least that's what i'm getting from all the hints.
Old 2013-12-23, 13:38   Link #399
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
darius noble phantasms are prob counterfeits that he created on his own like tanaka said.

using miyu's power he's making up his own legends, at least that's what i'm getting from all the hints.
Same impression I got. Also, I'm really, really glad that the fact Erika is seriously messed up was brought up. It only makes things more complicated for our heroines, but it's better story-wise.

Also, I think I've finally found a character I want to get Excalibur'd in the head full force Screw pacifism and getting along, blow that guy to the next dimension
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 19:10   Link #400
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Hate how it takes them so long to translate one chapter. Completely kills the tension for me. Then I see Miyu being suggestively tortured and it all comes flooding back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Also, I think I've finally found a character I want to get Excalibur'd in the head full force Screw pacifism and getting along, blow that guy to the next dimension
Better yet, string him up with Enkidu and turn him into a pin-cushion.

Tags
fate/kaleid liner, magical girl spinoff