AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 03:26   Link #221
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well the PV certainly is more interesting than the pictures and like Hyouka the designs do look better in actual motion (Though I stil don't like them that much).
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 03:27   Link #222
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well... paint me interested.
Old 2012-08-10, 03:28   Link #223
rulfo

Aaaaaaaa what the hell did I just watch.

I'm getting the strong vibes of embarrassment right now.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 03:29   Link #224
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What's with this action music? And why do I want to watch what I assume will be epic silliness similar to Haruhi?

(Reminds me of that action OP from Rewrite of all things. Also reminds me that is ZUN ever (and I mean ever) decideded to allow Touhou to have an official anime...KyoAni should do it. They seem to have mastered magic circles/attack out of nowhere and have had at least a market on moe girls for six or more years).
Old 2012-08-10, 03:37   Link #225
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

That sickeningly fluffy and saccharine art style doesn't fit at all with the music and action. Otherwise, it looks to be quite entertaining in a silly crazy way. This could end up being Haruhi-lite.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 03:42   Link #226
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
OP will be performed by ZAQ and the music will be composed by Nijine, who's been credited with composing various songs since Haruhi including Natsuiro Kiseki's OP via official site.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 04:11   Link #227
desrtsku
Nympholept

Why is it that I'm suddenly interested in this thing after watching the PV? And why is it that this girl is so cute?! ... and why is it that I think it will make superb hype for the novels? -_-"
Old 2012-08-10, 04:11   Link #228
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Honestly, I wasn't a fan of the music, and it was kinda embarrassing to watch at times (as you'd expect from the idea of chuunibyou, I guess ), but otherwise I think it looks really interesting. There were so many scenes...

I also feel like I have a good sense of how episode 1 will play out.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2012-08-10 at 04:37.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 04:57   Link #229
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Lol the PV doesn't help in knowing what the hell this is gonna be about. Still pretty awesome though and as assured THIS LOOKS STUNNING.
Old 2012-08-10, 05:46   Link #230
Misdreavius

Well IMO PVs aren't meant to spell out what the anime will be about, they're to make you WANT to find out what the anime is about, therefore to get you to watch the anime.

And I have to say, that PV and that awesome albeit very contrasting music have actually got me pumped up about watching the anime, even though I know it won't be some kind of hardcore action anime. Still can't wait for those "action" scenes though.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 05:57   Link #231
anigu
Game maker

The main girl seems like one crazy girl, most certainly will pull lots of crazy stunt. And I guess the boy will be the one to go along and take care of her mess. Sounds familiar...

At least I know I will watch for the animation and I can expect KyoAni to do their action scenes right.
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 06:02   Link #232
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
After watching this PV I'm confused what this is about. The synopsis made it sound it like a romcom but the PV looks like as if Kyoani is heading into JC Staff territory and making its own version of Shana/Raildex.

If the latter is true, I guess I should congratulate Kyoani for finally heading into something OTHER than slice of life/comedy/drama, but at the same time wtf at those character designs. A shota as the MC and a bunch of lolis. No thankyou. Horrid aethestics. I don't care if actual animation frames are standard smooth Kyoani because those designs are even worse than K-on's because not only do they look like them (particularly the eyes and facial structure) it's a loli/shotified version.

However, I'm willing to give this a shot. If this ends up similar in approach to what Shana/Index is (but not botching it like JC normally does other than Shana S1 and maybe S3) then I'll be happy- i.e. action with a mix of slice of life/romcom elements. If it ends up like Railgun (majority fluff with some action on the side) I'll just laughing because it just further proves Kyoani is pigeonholing themselves. This is because if it does go the "Railgun" route I doubt it will be anything like Hyouka, which is actually very good.

Or maybe it's just another gag comedy on the lines of Nichijou... which I won't really care about it either.

So what what direction will this take I wonder?

EDIT: I find it ironic this fall that JC Staff is doing something Kyoani would do (Key adaptation) and Kyoani is doing something JC Staff would do (action/comedy LN adaptation).

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-08-10 at 07:15.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 06:05   Link #233
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
Well... that was certainly an interesting choice of music. Can't recall the last time KyoAni used such heart-pumping music, if ever. Still have no bloody idea on whether or not the show will be about the supernatural or imagination.

Heh.
Old 2012-08-10, 06:15   Link #234
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Haha that was awesome!
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 06:21   Link #235
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Ok, I've lurked this thread long enough.

While there're a lot of action shots, I think the PV make it clear enough that this story is not about that, which is a good thing I think. They also returned to the more colorful style as opposed to K-On! and Hyouka "sepia" tone to reflect the more upbeat story type. I also see some Nichijou-style art changes on facial expression as well. I expect to get a good laugh out of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
it was kinda embarrassing to watch at times (as you'd expect from the idea of chuunibyou, I guess )
I think I was pretty matured when I was in the middle school (but who doesn't think so?). So if they manage to make me feel embarrassed like when I was going back watching one of those anime-that-can-sell-a-lot-of-toy that I watched as a kid, then they're already 50% success .
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 06:30   Link #236
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I liked the PV and the animation is very smooth and fluid, particularly during the action scenes. I don't mind the K-ON!-like designs, but I don't see the MC being a shota (as opposed to what Pocari Sweat said) despite looking like one, and the character designs feel tinier than K-ON! when it comes to characters' appearances and gestures. The plot however feel pretty misleading, unusual and weird (as I haven't read the LN), and I think the action scenes will be used as characters' delusions (but I won't spoil it more). Overall, I decide to give the show a try, but it'll ends up as a mixed bag to most people.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 07:08   Link #237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
After watching this PV I'm confused what this is about. The synopsis made it sound it like a romcom but the PV looks like as if Kyoani is heading into JC Staff territory and making its own version of Shana/Raildex.)
That's the thing; going by the synopsis I'm pretty certain all of those flashy magic battles and other similar stuff are just the delusions and day dreaming fantasies of the chūni-byō(s).

Which brings me to my original question of "If KyoAni wanted to do Magic fightings, why couldn't they pick a series with actual magic battles?". It's not like there's any shortage of those...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 07:54   Link #238
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Which brings me to my original question of "If KyoAni wanted to do Magic fightings, why couldn't they pick a series with actual magic battles?". It's not like there's any shortage of those...
Maybe KyoAni didn't choose to animate Chuunibyou because they wanted to do magic fighting .
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 08:07   Link #239
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
This. is. it.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 08:09   Link #240
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's the thing; going by the synopsis I'm pretty certain all of those flashy magic battles and other similar stuff are just the delusions and day dreaming fantasies of the chūni-byō(s).

I don't think it's magic battles that KyoAni wanted to do, I think they wanted to go all out on delusions. Just look at some of the more experimental scenes of Hyouka, they seem to be relishing in going overboard with it.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen