AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 7 25.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 7.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 29.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 14.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-28, 07:14   Link #61
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
You may consider her as being one of them in his harem. Though her existence would curbstomp everyone else and claims as the winner.
But OF COURSE Ichika's feelings doesn't matter, it's not like he will reject a high maintenance girls or anything
Old 2013-10-28, 07:17   Link #62
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
But OF COURSE Ichika's feelings doesn't matter, it's not like he will reject a high maintenance girls or anything
Indeed. Along with his onee-san fetish.

And you know what I'm thinking?
Spoiler for NSFW (try to keep it PG-13):
Old 2013-10-28, 07:20   Link #63
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Let's take his 'less a dumbass' moment into consideration
1. He don't want a girlfriend yet
2. He think she's way out of reach and dismiss the very thought instantly
Unless Tatenashi want to be his bedmate, or something, her winning chances as of NOW is slimmer than FRIKKIN LINGYIN. And I doubt fans will be happy if she had to channel Kirche to win the competition...

In the future though... well, that's spoileriffic.
Old 2013-10-28, 10:53   Link #64
Mephis
Banned

If all the girls (excluding the teachers) went having a tournament to win Ichika as prize (without his consent whatsoever), Tatenashi would wipe the floor with everyone and take Ichika home

Then Ichika shall be haunted by the yandere girls behind his back =w=
Old 2013-10-28, 12:03   Link #65
princeofcups

Quote:
Both of them lose to Houki

Fact.
Well, I agree, but this season so far has been most cruel to poor Youko Hikasa. Houki has had, what, one or two lines in each episode. I only hope that's because the rest of the episodes will be all Houki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Well in the novels he loses the second Autumn pins him and starts shooting at him - He never actually fought back to the extent that he did in the anime and he didn't even dent her when he tried, compared to the anime where he at least lops of a couple of arms and makes her lose all her ammo.
There have been a lot of changes from the LN, and I don't think any of them have been for the better. They have dropped the whole Ichika and Houki suck at piloting, so Tatenashi has to train them BOTH. Not to mention all the Ichika x Houki they left out. This season has not been up to expectations. The next 8 episodes had better make up for it.

Quote:
Byakushiki IS gimped from the start

Japanese government practically run around like a headless chicken because their effort result in an I.S. which don't know what generation it belong. It wasn't until Tabane's intervention that ByakuShiki becoem considered 'passable prototype' at best.
People seem to not have picked up on the details of the cores and Ichika's dreams, so I won't spoil anything. But Byakushiki may be the MOST powerful IS there is, if only Ichika can come to understand it. Only Akatsubaki can match it. Just like my dear Houki. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I have a feeling that Ichika and M are clones from a secret program of mass production of IS pilots from chifuyus dna....
Um, Ichika is maybe ten years younger than Chifuyu. Which means that Ichika would have been cloned before Chifuyu was 10, before Tarenashi invented the IS, and way before she became Brunehilde. I'm not buying it.

Last edited by monir; 2013-10-28 at 22:59.
Old 2013-10-28, 15:07   Link #66
Kakurin
大佐

You could use the edit button, instead of posting four consecutive posts.
Old 2013-10-28, 16:27   Link #67
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

He's new - I say let it slide this time... Maybe a mod can condense it for him? *shrugs* No biggie.

If 'M' remembers parents and Ichika does not... well, there's your answer. If both of them don't remember ... more questions. 'M' just happens to 'look' like a genetic copy. It could very well be that she just had plastic surgery to look like Chifuyu. The chances of a younger sister by a few years looking EXACTLY like the elder is none to impossible - not without genetic manipulation on some level or plastic surgery. And while one can duplicate the face - no one can duplicate latent ability.
Old 2013-10-28, 22:57   Link #68
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
He's new - I say let it slide this time... Maybe a mod can condense it for him? *shrugs* No biggie.

If 'M' remembers parents and Ichika does not... well, there's your answer. If both of them don't remember ... more questions. 'M' just happens to 'look' like a genetic copy. It could very well be that she just had plastic surgery to look like Chifuyu. The chances of a younger sister by a few years looking EXACTLY like the elder is none to impossible - not without genetic manipulation on some level or plastic surgery. And while one can duplicate the face - no one can duplicate latent ability.
plastic surgery is too complex for this show. you're thinking too much. occam's razor for a harem show.

and btw, age doesn't matter. test tube babies can be made any time as long as you have the right 'ingredients'. and with IS technology as advanced as it is, i wouldn't be surprised if 'M' were given genetic enhancements on some level
Old 2013-10-29, 12:32   Link #69
Preciize
Them Feels~

Finally got around to watching episode 4. Best episode so far imo.

Anyways, so the Phantom Task were the ones who kidnapped Ichika in the past, huh? Interesting ...

That girl looks like a younger version of Chifuyu. I wonder what their relationship is ...

On that note, glad that Chifuyu got more screen time this episode. My favorite character along with Tatenashi (who was awesome in this episode) ^^

Houki does need more screen time though.
Old 2013-10-29, 12:47   Link #70
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post

That girl looks like a younger version of Chifuyu. I wonder what their relationship is ...
Episode pretty much already shows what their relationship is...
Old 2013-10-29, 20:45   Link #71
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
Episode pretty much already shows what their relationship is...
Did it? All I got at the end was some talk about revenge. I didn't hear anything that led me to believe that they were family, rivals, former friends, etc.
Old 2013-10-29, 21:05   Link #72
Mephis
Banned

You would need to read the mood of the scenes to know pretty much.
Old 2013-10-29, 21:35   Link #73
takai
Easy Muffin

Still trying to figure out who this look-a-like is. I think saying "lost twin" or something is too obvious.
Old 2013-10-29, 22:06   Link #74
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
You would need to read the mood of the scenes to know pretty much.
Even with the mood I didn't get much out of the scene. The tension doesn't really specify their relationship other than that she and Chifuyu are enemies. The obvious guess would be that they're family since she looks exactly like Chifuyu but I dunno.
Old 2013-10-29, 22:29   Link #75
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Madoka: BURNMAIMKILLBURNMAIMKILL
Ichika: WUT
Chifuyu: *Zero fucks given*
Old 2013-10-29, 23:26   Link #76
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe a clon?
Old 2013-10-30, 17:16   Link #77
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofcups View Post
Um, Ichika is maybe ten years younger than Chifuyu. Which means that Ichika would have been cloned before Chifuyu was 10, before Tarenashi invented the IS, and way before she became Brunehilde. I'm not buying it.
dont forget that ichika doesnt remember anything before he was 5years old... and has no memory of their parents its all blank.... so we can assume chifuyu got ichika when he was 5years old already while she was in middle/high school

well Tabane invented the IS for some time... and it was made public with chifuyu as pilot when we all know about it.... but there were prototypes made before that... and at the end of season1 chifuyu said that tabane spend "lots" of time on creating the very first IS core as she put her own soul into it...

time will tell but I hope we would learn more about the orimura family...parents and what happened... why chifuyu got ichika (and is so possesive of him) and who is M to ichika and chifuyu..... hope anime will explain this a bit ^^

anyway its interesting to see that chifuyu said to all girls that they should be strong and take ichika by force and she will not give him to any of them.... while in this episode we learn that it was chifuyu that went to Tatenashi to ask her to watch over her brother xD its like giving him to her (and she even blushed in this ep becouse she might have wanted to be the one to save her brother and not some other girl :P)
Old 2013-10-31, 01:39   Link #78
Frontier

I quite enjoyed this episode .

I felt the fights in this episode had some great animation. I was definitely on the edge of my seat !

Okay, I have to give props to Ichika. He did much better in this episode than I thought he would. Sure, Autumn caught him in the end, but I thought he put up a good fight otherwise. And it was nice seeing his practice with Tatenashi pay off as well. It's quite sad to hear that he did worse in the novels .

Tatenashi's IS, "Mysterious Lady," made an impressive debut. I'd concur that her IS' abilities are quite overpowered, but at least she didn't completely beat Autumn on her own and went through a good thrashing just to be able to damage Arachne.

It was also nice to see some hints that Tatenashi doesn't just see Ichika as a plaything and that there may be some genuine romantic feelings in her teasing. I also have to give the girl credit, she actually apologized for being clingy. That's certainly a step up from most of the other girls in the harem. Sure rigging the Cinderella game was kinda cruel, but I can't say I wouldn't enjoy more Ichika/Tatenashi antics, which we're likely to get with Tatenashi as his roommate .

I can't help but think Charlotte was going to reply to Cecilia with "Well, but I'm actually sane!"

M and Silent Zephyrius also made a great showing together. Ichika doesn't stand a chance . I am interested in finding out more about how M is related to Chifuyu, and by extension Ichika. Maybe the story about the Orimura's being abandoned by their parents wasn't the whole story?

It's about time Houki got some more focus! And it looks like the main plot is continuing as well. Can't wait!

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-02-15 at 13:41.
Old 2013-10-31, 02:14   Link #79
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
M and Silent Zephyrius made also made a great showing together. Ichika doesn't stand a chance .
I there any kind of competent opponent that Ichika does stand a chance against? Every single one of his harem girls can easily whip his ass.
Old 2013-10-31, 02:30   Link #80
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Sorry, I can't help but LMAO. People actually wondering what M's relation to Chifuyu is (even given that they didn't read the LN) is almost as funny as Fate:Stay/Night fans complaining that they hate Shirou and would rather watch a series about Archer's years as a teenager. OH GAWD I LAUGHED SO HARD AT THAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I there any kind of competent opponent that Ichika does stand a chance against? Every single one of his harem girls can easily whip his ass.
- Excepting M? I don't think Ichika and the cast have actually gone up against a competent opponent. Sneaky ones like Autumn or dangerous ones like Gospel/the Golems. But not competent as in "An actual archrival or threat" sense. At least not in the anime.
Closed Thread