AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-01-12, 11:55   Link #13421
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Perhaps a Tomoyo~After style eroge?
Except probably a lot more light-hearted and just plain happier in general. It would be a spinoff of the GOOD END after all.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 12:14   Link #13422
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

My voicing of Key style was mainly artistic quality, since it fits the existing art style better. I also allows for ease of transistion use of KyoAni styled images from Haruhi and various Key projects.

Route/game mechanic wise....I woudn't know.
Old 2009-01-12, 12:26   Link #13423
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
My voicing of Key style was mainly artistic quality, since it fits the existing art style better. I also allows for ease of transistion use of KyoAni styled images from Haruhi and various Key projects.

Route/game mechanic wise....I woudn't know.
Ah, the KeyAni art style. That's indeed the logical approach to take. But first we STILL need to acquire some dedicated artists/photoshoppers to be our bitches kindly help us out in the image production department.

Old 2009-01-12, 14:33   Link #13424
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

And my advocation of the Type-Moon style was due my love of FSN's general interface. Only thing I hate is the text boxes. We can use LB's style for that.

Key art is good, though, basing it off say, this would probably be easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
When I was trying it out for myself, I think the problems I faced were manifold: for example, there were too many characters to be introduced all at once, and I never did decide where in the theoretical timeline the story would be set.
We were thinking September. NONE of the stories are set in September.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 02:38   Link #13425
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
We were thinking September. NONE of the stories are set in September.
That's interesting. If I'm not mistaken, September tends to have sports festivals in the typical high school anime, and the novels haven't dealt with that yet. Although I think an alternate date would be sometime in May for some schools.

The manga does have a sports festival story ("Get in the Ring"), where Haruhi proves once again to be a sore loser (at least at first).
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 04:02   Link #13426
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I seem to recall mentions in passing by Kyon of the SOS-dan participating in various sporting events...winning them all...or maybe it was just Haruhi and Yuki...don't remember for sure. I think it was in Book 2 before they started filming.
Old 2009-01-13, 04:42   Link #13427
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

It was Haruhi and Yuki lol, Yuki particle repositioned herself round the track for relay.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 04:46   Link #13428
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Might be the source of Kyon's attitude during the computer game fight..."no tricks"...but hax is fine too.
Old 2009-01-13, 04:59   Link #13429
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Very likely.

One reason I believe that discussions on forums is essential for everyone to fully grasp every single detail on the story.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 07:16   Link #13430
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Arceon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Ah, the KeyAni art style. That's indeed the logical approach to take. But first we STILL need to acquire some dedicated artists/photoshoppers to be our bitches kindly help us out in the image production department.
Hey, I'm free for artistic work in the artist department, though you'd still need to find an adequately skilled enough person in photoshop to help me out, or teach me. xD
Old 2009-01-13, 07:53   Link #13431
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
So many votes for a Key version/route... I guess I'll have to think of something for you guys.
Incidentally, I should note that I know of Key works only from the anime adaptations. I don't actually believe that a Key-style story will be suitable, mainly because from what I know (and can never figure out why), Key stories have some sort of mystical aspect which gets glossed over as an unimportant plot device.

In this case, I suppose "Haruhi(/ki) did it" is an acceptable handwave explanation, but then it becomes quite significant to Kyon(ko), who's likely to at least comment on the absurdity of it all. Not to mention that the magical stuff in a Key story is usually played for the heartstrings, while the kinda-magical stuff in MoHS is done as part of the larger ontological mystery.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 09:33   Link #13432
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
That's interesting. If I'm not mistaken, September tends to have sports festivals in the typical high school anime, and the novels haven't dealt with that yet. Although I think an alternate date would be sometime in May for some schools.

The manga does have a sports festival story ("Get in the Ring"), where Haruhi proves once again to be a sore loser (at least at first).
North High's sports festival is in October, as evidenced by the fact that Kyon mentions it in Vol. 2, which takes place in early November.

So yeah. NOTHING happens in September.

Quote:
Incidentally, I should note that I know of Key works only from the anime adaptations. I don't actually believe that a Key-style story will be suitable, mainly because from what I know (and can never figure out why), Key stories have some sort of mystical aspect which gets glossed over as an unimportant plot device.

In this case, I suppose "Haruhi(/ki) did it" is an acceptable handwave explanation, but then it becomes quite significant to Kyon(ko), who's likely to at least comment on the absurdity of it all. Not to mention that the magical stuff in a Key story is usually played for the heartstrings, while the kinda-magical stuff in MoHS is done as part of the larger ontological mystery.
And this is why we do a Type-Moon style story instead.
Old 2009-01-13, 11:03   Link #13433
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
A visinov is a visinov. You choose a girl and you experience her heartwarming story. Rinse and repeat. Key's real schtick is their gut-wrenching, tear-jerking third act, when the girl finally confronts her tragic past and conquers it with the player's love. Magic is usually reserved for the main girl.
Fundamentally, Tsukuhime doesn't deviate from this. The only difference is that your choices don't intuitively indicate if you are building up flags or are going to get eaten by a landshark.
FSN, OTOH feels different. You aren't chasing girls; rather you are setting Shirou's character, and the girl he builds a relationship with is simply incidental to that path in life.

What I think we actually want is a FSN style story, built around a dimensional clashing incident; and the pairings are based on how the player chooses to solve the problem? (Alien, Esper or Time traveller route?)
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 11:09   Link #13434
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
What I think we actually want is a FSN style story, built around a dimensional clashing incident; and the pairings are based on how the player chooses to solve the problem? (Alien, Esper or Time traveller route?)
You catch on pretty quick. I'll also add that the current plan is for most routes to be segregated based on which character becomes the primary villain. Conveniently they will fall along the same lines as the route heroines, since we're trying to maximize the whole Tsuji Clash element.

Old 2009-01-13, 13:21   Link #13435
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Bingo. Though there are other routes than this.

Quote:
You catch on pretty quick. I'll also add that the current plan is for most routes to be segregated based on which character becomes the primary villain. Conveniently they will fall along the same lines as the route heroines, since we're trying to maximize the whole Tsuji Clash element.
Hence wonderful things like ANGRY Yuuki.

In other news, I CANT FEEL MY FACE!
Old 2009-01-14, 07:07   Link #13436
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

The nomination phase for ISML ended. What do you guys think of the ones chosen?
Old 2009-01-14, 07:27   Link #13437
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
I think that I'm going to vote for Shiki every chance I get.

Edit: Goddamnit. I don't want to decide between some of them. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH. And Nagato wins over Shiki. Religion before love.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 13:58   Link #13438
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
I think that I'm going to vote for Shiki every chance I get.

Edit: Goddamnit. I don't want to decide between some of them. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH. And Nagato wins over Shiki. Religion before love.
I nominated Shiki twice. From my home computer, and my schools computer. So yeah, I'm going to vote for Shiki over Yuki. Blasphemous I know, but I can't really help voting for a girl I could fall in love with.
Old 2009-01-14, 14:06   Link #13439
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is round robin...(mostly) they won't get to that point for a while yet.

First the 48 nominations need to be whittled down to 27. Then the 27 are in to face the currently standing 37...round robin style...until July/August. Then double elimination for the top 16 in September/October.

And while it says no expections...Yuki is on top. I will never vote against Nagato Yuki.
Old 2009-01-14, 15:15   Link #13440
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Uhh... why we talking about ISML?

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan