AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2021-01-18, 03:24   Link #5521
RDNexus

Source, please? It'd be nice to have a modicum of confirmation...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 11:52   Link #5522
Lex79

If they really are going to end the story with the VN, which from what I read as an original setting, I wonder if would have been better to make an original story for the anime too.
Old 2021-01-18, 21:54   Link #5523
Endless_Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Did they? What are the titles from the Final Exams till the end of Scrambled Eggs?
This is what I found:
3. The Seven Goodbyes 2 - January 22
4. The Seven Goodbyes 3 - January 29
5. The Last Exam - February 5
6. Commence Assault - February 12
7. Scrambled Eggs 1 - February 19
8. Scrambled Eggs 2 - February 26
9. Welcome to Class 3-1 - March 5
10. A Battle Amongst Men and Amongst Women - March 12
11. Sisters Wars 1 - March 19
12. Sisters Wars 2 - March 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
Source, please? It'd be nice to have a modicum of confirmation...
I don't have the page anymore but the source came from a Chinese forum. They were the ones that called Yotsuba's Thanksgiving trip being skipped before the anime even started airing so its likely that this is true. Also they mentioned that Ichika's VA during an anime interview talked about a plot point that occurs during Sisters Wars.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 22:08   Link #5524
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Bruh
Old 2021-01-19, 03:51   Link #5525
WingedAccelerator

That looks like a rushed mess, not that it's surprising.

The transition to the Final Exams are questionable if true. Yotsuba randomly swinging in the opening is not as strong of a scene compared to directly referencing Tamako Ichika, but based on this they are skipping those chapters. But even if the anime straight up skips like 5 chapters, the Nino confessions also seem oddly placed. I don't think they shove all of the exam POVs into the same episode, but if they stop at Ichika, neither of Nino's confessions will be an episode ender, which would suck.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 02:34   Link #5526
Lex79

Reading the speculations about Rena in the anime thread really brings me back.
Old 2021-01-22, 05:31   Link #5527
WingedAccelerator

I was right back in time that Yotsuba is definitely the Kyoto Girl, but Rena is someone else. My guess was Ichika, which would have made so much sense, but of course Negi had to make sure later that Ichika also met Fuutarou in the past, so Yotsuba wouldn't have asked for that favor from her. I think it's still bullshit that the Rena disguise has a whole box for storage, but Itsuki had it when she was sheltered by the Uesugi family. Even if Yotsuba gave it to her, she was still the one that kept the box, so where the hell did she store it, if she didn't go back home? Also, a sad reminder that Yotsuba would have occupied all mysteries if weren't for this stupid inconsistent gimmick that she can't lie to Fuutarou. Fuck Negi.
Old 2021-01-23, 16:48   Link #5528
Chosen_Hero

^Which makes the whole thing about Fuutarou somehow thinking that she was the one he truly recognized first in
Scrambled Eggs in a legit way even more stupid, retarded and inconsistent even though we already know that she gave herself away in all but name due to said gimmick (heck, she wasn't even trying) and that we know who he really recognized first... But no, it was Yotsuba all along... somehow.

It's inconsistencies like this (among other serious faults in the writing due to Negi bias) that ruin this entire manga in such a way that it boggles the mind. To anyone out there who is a writer, please don't be like Negi.
Old 2021-01-24, 06:43   Link #5529
WingedAccelerator

It's more sad when some Japanese fans applaud the work, because they think Fuutarou already recognized Yotsuba in Chapter 2, when she appears and he called her Yotsuba With The 0 Points. Like they seriously think that this was the first official quint recognition from Fuutarou and Negi geniusly hid it in plain sight... Only for him to fell for Miku's disguise 2 chapters later, where real Yotsuba had to appear for him to have doubts and even there Miku started changing back in front of him. Or there are several instances where he just calls out a quint and there is no issue for him to know which quint did he call. His recognition issue is just one of Negi's half-baked and retconned ideas along the way. The second half, or more like after 45% completion, either he already started to burn out, or editors gave him more reign. Whatever it was, it sucks.
Old 2021-01-24, 08:52   Link #5530
Chosen_Hero

^But he doesn't, he is just mentioning the name on the test he picked up while trying to give it back and conveniently it's Yotsubas who just goes up to him, how can they just ignore the obvious like that?... but I guess that to Negi that scene is his idea of smart foreshadowing or something.
Old 2021-01-24, 11:38   Link #5531
Lex79

Sometimes I feel like at this point I'm the one who likes the most this series. Or, rather, the one who was the least disappointed. I noticed when watching the anime, I enjoy seeing again what I liked about this series, rather than being reminded about the disappointing ending. It's a real shame Negi didn't manage to deliver in the second half if the manga.
That's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the VN. If it will manage to capture the good parts of Gotoubun and deliver better endings, it will give me a much nicer closure for the series.
Old 2021-01-24, 12:55   Link #5532
WingedAccelerator

The VN should have started from scratch. I don't like the idea of a remote island setting nor that it takes place after Sisters' War. Further shows how Fuutarou's character became an empty husk. Favor one of the quints regarding the interactions, and he will end up with her. He has no preference at all, even though he said he can't ridicule romance anymore. Negi lied about a lot of things, but the most notorious is saying how the first half of the manga concentrated on the Bride's feelings (We learned about Yotsuba way in the endgame), while the second half will focus on Fuutarou's fellings (So not showing any thoughts from him, kay).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^But he doesn't, he is just mentioning the name on the test he picked up while trying to give it back and conveniently it's Yotsubas who just goes up to him, how can they just ignore the obvious like that?... but I guess that to Negi that scene is his idea of smart foreshadowing or something.
Japanese fans just gave a lot of positivity to Negi on Twitter in order to prolong the manga. When Fuutarou chose Yotsuba and the question was asked, they linked that page from Chapter 2 and received lots of likes. What a genius! What foreshadowing! Negative reviews on the other hand regarding the last volume got deleted on Japanese Amazon.
Old 2021-01-24, 14:32   Link #5533
Lex79

Would you have preferred if the VN has a clear main heroine, with all the other routes leading only to friendship?
Personally, I like the idea that I am given the chance to choose how the story unfolds.
Old 2021-01-24, 15:20   Link #5534
WingedAccelerator

Most VNs have flexible setting, even if characters spend majority of their screentime at one location. Here, Fuutarou will know the quints for 8 months, and based on how you should come from Sisters' War to this, he has no preference. I call bullshit on this one. Basically, he is in a restricted area with the quints, so if he dares to take the initiative, but gets a negative response from one of them, he can just quickly choose someone else, it doesn't matter for him, he has no preference. But if the VN would have started from the beginning and you gradually make your way up, it's more believable, and the non-restricted setting won't make Fuutarou just discard a girl if things doesn't go his way.

Supposedly 14 endings are possible. I have no idea how, so enlighten me if anyone has any idea. True, good, bad for everyone would be 15, not 14.
Old 2021-01-24, 16:17   Link #5535
Lex79

Well, I guess it depends on how soon the VN will lock the player in each route. I didn't played many VNs so I'm not too expert in the genre.
For the endings, my theory is two endings for each quintuplet plus other four generic ones, maybe a Raiha ending (probably not romantic) and an harem ending.
Old 2021-01-24, 17:17   Link #5536
WingedAccelerator

That's why the restricted setting sucks. You go from Sisters' War to summer break on a remote island with all of the quints, and each wins the same way: Fuutarou spends time with them based on your choice. Hardly any individuality with the routes and what you can tackle, since you are locked to the place with the main cast. And since it's summer break, I doubt it will last more than 2 weeks, maybe not even a week, but canonically Fuutarou couldn't accept anyone's feelings nor was capable of confession on his own, but original story makes him while still having canon material for the setup.
Old 2021-01-28, 12:52   Link #5537
WingedAccelerator

The leak is false when it comes to the episode titles at least.

Episode 5 is named after Chapter 52-53, so they are adapting Tamako-chan Ichika. The OP makes a direct reference to that though, unlike people overthinking the random transition with Yotsuba swinging as a Labour Thanksgiving Tour reference.

8 episodes are left and at least 36 chapters to adapt. They are not afraid to put even 5 chapters in an episode it seems, or they just cut further stuff out.
Old 2021-02-26, 05:51   Link #5538
Savvy

I just finished reading the manga. it is good who he picked and his reasons have a point. i just feel unsatisfied i mean we all have our own bias but i was hoping that in someway they could find a way to make it mutal that in the end he does not need to pick one at all and the wedding was all just a dream. or he could love all five of them. this is just my opinion. Im still okay with the ending especially when the missing pieces of the puzzle was filled.
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 12:38   Link #5539
WingedAccelerator

Supposedly "leaked" information from the upcoming VN.
Spoiler for VN:
Old 2021-03-01, 16:20   Link #5540
Lex79

Interesting. I wonder if I'll be able to play it, or if there will be manga/novel adaptations like for the Oreimo VN.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck