Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-02-29, 20:15   Link #121
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
SPOILER DONT READ DOWN unless you've played ff7

I saw aeris being put back into the water after being killed...that was in the video game but i thought this was after 2 years o.O

END OF SPOILER

i thought that was kinda wierd
Memory.... as said in the subtitle
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 04:45   Link #122
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
The Aeris death stuff is also quite surprising as he seems to contradict himself. He seems to imply that Aeris's death was meant to be shocking due to its lack of meaning. It was an avoidable death that happened to someone who wasn't ready to sacrifice themselves. Then when asked about Aeris's resurrection he replies that "There are many meanings in Aerith's death.."
He does contradict himself. But to me the point was that Aeris's death became powerful precisely because it also conflicted with the player's sense of significance of her death, against the idea that it was just out of nowhere. That, or some people just can't get over the fact that she's dead.

I just have this feeling that Square Enix is really rethinking of whether to resurrect her or not. I don't know, but I feel it in the air--and I don't like it. They have to sell this product you know, and after the "good" ending of FFX-2 (if you know what I mean) it just seems so predictable. As for me, I prefer that she stays dead, not because the game is incomplete according to some people (Nothing is truly "complete" anyway.) but that resurrecting her would look awfully contrived and would make the story stray from what it was originally trying to convey.

If some people are complaining that the game is incomplete because Aeris stays dead, then I'll say that the very impact of FFVII itself would have been incomplete if they did resurrect her. And FFVII is not simply just a game, it's also a story. The game would not be ruined, but the story will, if Aeris (after 2 years in the story, mind you.) would be revived. That's just my opinion.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 09:26   Link #123
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
dreamless > Next time try to use that spoiler tag T_T

You've ruined FFX-2 for me as well
heh, got me too, even with the spoiler tag. Since this is an FF7 topic, I assumed the spoiler was about FF7 and read it.

So I guess, polite request here, if you're going to post spoilers about something other than what is being discussed, could you please label what the spoiler is for.
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 15:16   Link #124
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
woot

I think it looks awesome but the people look japanese with dyed hair ^-^"

I loved FF7 that is the best FF game ever IMO.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 17:14   Link #125
CelestiaLegends

I believe when he said that the impact of aeiris's death was so impactful because it was meaningless, and when he said her death has so many diffrent meanings, he was talking about two diffrent things.

I also aggree that bringing her back would ruin the experience, at least it was done trivially or hollywoodly. If Cloud and Aeiris's friendship/love prevails over death, I'd be severely dissappointed, but if Aeris was brought back in a way that further's the masterpiece of FF7, I'd be more than happy to write a letter of thanks to the publisher.

Anyway, I'm sure we're all excited about this!
CelestiaLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 18:14   Link #126
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

Aeris has got to stay dead ( dead ya dog! :P )

owyeah, wouldn't it be possible, that the world GETS destroyed in the movie? I read somewhere Cloud is in a dillema if he has done the right thing by saving the world

but that might be stupid from me, because at the end of FF7 you see 500 years later...gonna think about that gozaru
UchihaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 18:44   Link #127
CelestiaLegends

That IS true. But Red XIII was also the last of his race, so how on earth can he have babies o_0?
Old 2004-03-01, 19:36   Link #128
PeppstaR
AG Art Studios

Send a message via AIM to PeppstaR Send a message via Yahoo to PeppstaR
Quote:
Originally Posted by aFlipGuy
-_-' dont get too excited

kingdom hearts = square + disney
FFVII Advent child = squre

notice that disney isnt in FFVII advent child so that would mean no goofy, i'm sorry i guess but no goofy

hmm... I know Kingdom Hearts= Squaresoft + Disney Interactive

I hope you know that I was just joking around since people were saying that they were in the "same universe". I was just trying to make a point about how ridiculous it sounds to say that all the Final Fantasy games are in the same universe based on Kingdom Hearts.
PeppstaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 20:59   Link #129
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
wow someone else actually enjoyed kingdom hearts ^_^ i cant believe ppl hated it because it had disney characters. i wanted to play that game because of the FF characters were in there but then realised that its a great game on its own. a friend of mine kept saying ewww also when he saw it w/ all the disney characters but he was the first one to buy it and when he played it, he rambled on how great the game was

i was messing w/ u also pepstar sorry if u was offended ^_^' peace
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 21:23   Link #130
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestiaLegends
That IS true. But Red XIII was also the last of his race, so how on earth can he have babies o_0?
Cloning and genetic modification? Perhaps the remanents of Shinra work on it as reparations for holding Red prisoner.
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 06:13   Link #131
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
Is it just me and my weird ways, but until now i've been calling Red XIII "Red X Thirteen" when it's supposed to be just "Red Thirteen". I think my way of saying it makes him sound cooler, i mean, what kinda name is Red Thirteen? They should atleast make it like "Red:Thirteen" or something just to make it a little more hip.

~.~ i'm weird

(I just wanna hear their damn voices)
Sh1ka9on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 07:32   Link #132
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ka9on
Is it just me and my weird ways, but until now i've been calling Red XIII "Red X Thirteen" when it's supposed to be just "Red Thirteen". I think my way of saying it makes him sound cooler, i mean, what kinda name is Red Thirteen? They should atleast make it like "Red:Thirteen" or something just to make it a little more hip.

~.~ i'm weird

(I just wanna hear their damn voices)

i thought Red XIII was good, damn sight better than Nanaki XD
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 03:16   Link #133
KoroshiyaX
X

The voice of the girl in the new trailer, do you all think it's Tifa's? or Aeris's (ghost) voice? *nvm, was Aeris. Just watched the subbed trailer.

Was cute nevertheless hehe

And did I hear right, did Cloud say "his family" in the trailer? *grins*

Last edited by KoroshiyaX; 2004-03-03 at 03:56.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 04:16   Link #134
CelestiaLegends

I'm betting it's Tifa. It's the same voice that the little girl replied to (yada, cloud wa aitai!), which I'm better is the girl in the bar from midgar.

God I still can't get over the music. It brings back so many emotions. I know I'm gonna cry when this movie comes out...I just know it.
Old 2004-03-03, 04:28   Link #135
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Sorry deviating from AC promo, since we are talking about FF7. I tought I'll share something too. Back then when I was playing FF7, I didn't even know Aeris was going to die about half way of the game.

Now when I think about it I tought I was a bit silly, altho FF7 has a quite good polygon characters, but it still looks blocky and cruder than todays games. But for some reason the characters seem so alive and flesh out. They didn't even have any voice cast back then, only text dialogues. But I was soon become attached to Cloud, Aeris, Tifa, Berret and even Sephiroth to some degree since he looks so cool during Cloud's past.

Aeris death was totally unexpected from me, I felt some kind of lost, "is she gone for real?" "Why her?" Out of all people why Aeris? I'm not even sure if there was any meaning or reason why the flower girl has to die. But one thing for sure back then I was so angry with Sepiroth, I was so motivated to go chase him to the end of the world if needed to and destroy him.

Now I think about it, that was some incredible plot and motivation done by the creator of the game. They manage to make the players respect, admire and hate Sepiroth at the same time.

Nowadays not many games gave me quite the excitement when about to fight the final boss as when I was going to fight Sepiroth. Most final boss out there right now felt like just a stepping stone so I can see the ending. But when with Sepiroth it was like, I was about to punish him and make him pays for his crime.

I was totally lost it and hate that guy. The biggest reason probably because he killed Aeris. So sadly I have to admit that if not for the death of Aeris, the game would have lost it's impact and Sepiroth will be just a normal vilain that you'll soon forget after you beat the game.

Looking forward to watch AC. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 05:21   Link #136
CelestiaLegends

hehe =) well said secca. I didn't really quite hate sephiroth, but I was really sad when she had to die...she was my fravorite! and she just...DIED. anyway :P
Old 2004-03-03, 15:13   Link #137
Mcdonalds

yup, you tell them why she had to die!. Btw, does cloud look like tidus and nothing from how they animated him in FF7, although i suppose they couldn't exactly give him a chunk of hair...
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 15:16   Link #138
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Is A-Kraze and The newly released trailer the same, or different?
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 16:19   Link #139
CelestiaLegends

:P it's 30MB! I'm gonna take a look, but I think you should see for yourself
Old 2004-03-03, 17:10   Link #140
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Is A-Kraze and The newly released trailer the same, or different?
Yes it is the same ^^

* watching it again *

Tags
action, science fiction