AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 1 6.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-05-04, 01:56   Link #21
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Wait, does this series actually have any actual connection to the original series? I kind of wish this is a truly separate series from the original.
Old 2015-05-04, 02:28   Link #22
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is suppose to be seperate...(but is it? That is the question).

Being a Haruhi-based series, the discussion can go really deep on that front.
Old 2015-05-04, 08:37   Link #23
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

In this episode of The Disappearance of ... that chick with the glasses ...

As usual, this series continues to shine when it features anybody but the title character (even Mikuru, whose chief contribution to this episode was realizing that Generic Moe Character A was being molested by Kyon.)

The added depth to Team Mom's character (or is it Team Psychopath now? I got a distinct old series vibe when Asakura pulls that almost gut-punch against Haruhi ... It's a strange, strange world when Haruhi routinely starts to look like the reasonable one,) and her new friendship with Haruhi make this episode interesting. They also succeed in making Generic Moe Character A interesting (albeit briefly.)

Also in this episode, Kyon pretends to be clueless about the romantic feelings of the girls that surround him. Only I don't think he is. Given that this is Haruhi we're talking about, receiving an 'obvious' courtesy chocolate from her is kindof a big deal ... he takes hers with a smile at the end of the last episode, and he clearly realizes how it came across to glasses chick, since he went to go look for her. It is especially instructive that he gives Haruhi and whatshername identical White Day gifts ... it's as if he's saying that in the brief time he's known Haruhi, she's quickly caught up to be the equal to that other rival for his attention.

And, series hijacker that she is, Haruhi is the most interesting of all. It may be a courtesy chocolate she gives Kyon, but the little blushes, the way she says "Even if the guy treats it as a courtesy gift, isn't just being able to give it to him good enough?", and her obvious disappointment at the return gift say that she meant it as more ... even if she won't admit it. Also, Haruhi seems to at least strongly suspect that Kyon is the "John Smith" from her younger days.
Old 2015-05-04, 10:49   Link #24
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

I agree with everyone, this was a really good episode. We're seeing a lot of interactions we didn't see in the original series, foremost in this episode was Haruhi and Asakura. (So Haruhi went with first name basis with Asakura, interesting.)

Haruhi is really a great character here and I am actually loving the fact that in here she's just an ordinary person, like everyone else. It's like actually seeing some development in her character, from the aloof gets-everything-she-wants of the original, to the sensitive-to-others-feelings-and-doesn't-care-as-much-for-the-supernatural her of this spin-off. Even if this isn't canon with the original series.
Meanwhile, Nagato is still the same since episode one. I wonder when the day will come when I will actually write and praise something Nagato's done in this, HER own series.
Old 2015-05-05, 20:44   Link #25
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
[*SNIP*]

now i think i missed the old Itsuki who's always on the verge of having sex with Kyon every time he's alone with him in the same room
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-05-05 at 22:45. Reason: I don't think that this is the proper venue for that "joke" mention...
Old 2015-05-07, 11:48   Link #26
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Haruhi is really a great character here and I am actually loving the fact that in here she's just an ordinary person, like everyone else. It's like actually seeing some development in her character, from the aloof gets-everything-she-wants of the original, to the sensitive-to-others-feelings-and-doesn't-care-as-much-for-the-supernatural her of this spin-off. Even if this isn't canon with the original series.
This so much. I was wondering why I found this Haruhi so much more appealing than the original one. First, I thought it was the long hair () but then I quickly realized that it was because this Haruhi isn't the total overbearing we-have-to-tip-toe-around-her "god girl/ripple in space time" who makes things unconsciously happen by only wishing for it.

This here is a normal girl who is overly excited by the supernatural and has a somewhat overbearing personality... but still she is human and acts a lot more understandable then the original ever would.

What hit me was her reaction towards Asakura... it was like she was totaly used with people screaming at her and only really reacted when she expected pain. It felt to me like it was something completly normal to her.
Old 2015-05-08, 05:43   Link #27
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
What hit me was her reaction towards Asakura... it was like she was totaly used with people screaming at her and only really reacted when she expected pain. It felt to me like it was something completly normal to her.
Possibly, but the thought of her getting used to people getting mad and screaming at her is quite sad. But in my opinion, she was calm that time with Asakura because she felt that Asakura was overreacting, and that she really wasn't at fault (which I feel is true, she didn't know about Nagato, and it was Nagato who appeared to have misunderstood the whole thing). Or, she could have been embarassed by what happened and was thus acting innocent.

Quote:
First, I thought it was the long hair ()
That is a huge factor as well, yes.
Old 2015-05-11, 15:44   Link #28
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
This so much. I was wondering why I found this Haruhi so much more appealing than the original one. First, I thought it was the long hair () but then I quickly realized that it was because this Haruhi isn't the total overbearing we-have-to-tip-toe-around-her "god girl/ripple in space time" who makes things unconsciously happen by only wishing for it.

This here is a normal girl who is overly excited by the supernatural and has a somewhat overbearing personality... but still she is human and acts a lot more understandable then the original ever would.

Actually, NagaShou!Haruhi is acting pretty much identically to Yuuutsu!Haruhi. It's just that with no one enabling her slightest whim lest the entire universe cease to exist, she doesn't seem so overbearing.
Old 2015-05-12, 02:02   Link #29
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^Agreed. Even in the original series, it's not like she's incapable of being considerate or reining herself in, it's just cleverly masked with the different dynamics (fix the universe > fix Haruhi's attitude) and the series' penchant for playing with points of view and the fact that typically, when a character feels jealousy, pouts, and reins themselves in, they don't cause titanic blue energy beings to appear and rampage across dimensions.

In this episode she could have been thinking, it's not my fault the basic b- ran off, Kyon is MINE, why do I need to play the good girl, and we wouldn't know any better because Ragnarok isn't happening onscreen.
Closed Thread