AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-05-24, 11:03   Link #61
Sides

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/valkyria-...-demo-feedback

Sega have listened. I am surprised that they are changing the mechanics because of gamers input.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-24, 17:08   Link #62
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
http://gematsu.com/2016/05/valkyria-...-demo-feedback

Sega have listened. I am surprised that they are changing the mechanics because of gamers input.
this sounds almost too good to be true.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-24, 17:26   Link #63
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

haha they know they fucked up when they completely ruined VC gameplay
Old 2016-05-26, 01:00   Link #64
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I mean, considering they bundled the demo with Valkyria Chronicles Remastered... of course they'd probably get alot of feedback on the gameplay if they're coming off of playing the first game.

I'll just never understand why they didn't just list the game as a spin-off rather than a reboot... especially if said series is already popular enough with it's existing gameplay.
Old 2016-05-27, 10:23   Link #65
Aogami

That's the thing, they never called it reboot to begin with they DID say it was a spin off/ side series from the very beginning and the director said he wants the chronicle series and the new revolution series to coexist but people are too damn thick and simply can't get that through their heads and insistently say this is what they turned valkyria chronicles 4 into even though game is NOT VC4 or a reboot, just a spin off using the valkyria moniker and world setting.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 07:51   Link #66
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/26...-fan-feedback/

New update.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 10:31   Link #67
WingsoftheDragonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aogami View Post
That's the thing, they never called it reboot to begin with they DID say it was a spin off/ side series from the very beginning and the director said he wants the chronicle series and the new revolution series to coexist but people are too damn thick and simply can't get that through their heads and insistently say this is what they turned valkyria chronicles 4 into even though game is NOT VC4 or a reboot, just a spin off using the valkyria moniker and world setting.
That's just how people are, unfortunately.

I just hope that they know what they are doing and that the game will be better than before.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 13:01   Link #68
Shadow5YA

Regardless of whether it's a spinoff, reboot, or sequel, it doesn't change the fact that the demo was not fun to play on its own merit. It was a slow as an action game, and it was poor as a strategy game.

So I am glad to hear the criticism reached them and will be looking forward to see how they adjust things.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-26, 07:19   Link #69
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-video/.105791

Getting a release on my birthday. Also has castings for the characters involved.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2016-08-30, 07:53   Link #70
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Were you curious...

...as to whether there is cross-save functionality? In a word: yes (Famitsu and Hachima Kikou via Gematsu). Aside from that, there're these notations...
  • Significant improvements have been made to the game systems, and development is going well.
  • The battle system has changed significantly, but concepts such as tactics-style battles haven’t changed at all.
  • Since battles can be stopped at any time, players who aren’t good at action games will be OK.
  • The difficulty is still being adjusted, but since you can stop time, they’re thinking about making enemy attacks severe to some extent.
  • It’s an RPG through and through, so you’ll be able to fight adequately with minimal instruction. However, it’s suggested you try various things while fighting since beneficial effects can be triggered in allies when battles are in your favor.
  • At Toyko Game Show 2016, there will be an exclusive playable demo that shows off the general flow of the game. Users who play the demo will get a product code to download the Battle Demo Ver. 2.0 in October.
  • A PS Vita version was announced after hearing the demand from so many fans. They’re making sure there aren’t any differences from the PlayStation 4 version.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 10:05   Link #71
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

New Trailer

Old 2016-09-15, 13:37   Link #72
Dextro
He Without a Title

The game looks interesting but ditching the BLITZ combat system still makes me sad. That was the one major thing I loved about the previous games: that blend of turn based strategical thinking with real time movement (and best of all aiming) was the best. Sure it got a bit ridiculous in VC2 with the tank being basically capable of one shot sniping most enemies but that's not an inherent flaw of the system (as seen in VC1).

The backgrounds look lovely btw, it's just a shame that they couldn't really match up the character models with that canvas-like effect in the background. It looks a bit jarring if I'm honest.

I'll probably still get it anyway. Maybe that prompts sega to do a remaster of VC3 for PS4 and finally releasing that in the west. (hey, one can dream alright? )
Old 2016-09-15, 15:19   Link #73
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The game looks interesting but ditching the BLITZ combat system still makes me sad.
They aren't ditching the BLITZ system. From the beginning this was intended as a related spin-off of the franchise, not a new numbered entry in the series. A hypothetical VC 4 would still likely be based off of the other VC games; this game was intended to be a bit more of an action oriented system, and after feedback they added more RPG things to it.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-16, 15:16   Link #74
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
They aren't ditching the BLITZ system. From the beginning this was intended as a related spin-off of the franchise, not a new numbered entry in the series. A hypothetical VC 4 would still likely be based off of the other VC games; this game was intended to be a bit more of an action oriented system, and after feedback they added more RPG things to it.
Ok, fair enough. Actually, after watching a bit of gameplay it does look fun. I would still rather have the Blitz system since those hybrid turn/real-time based systems are rather rare (off the top of my head I remember VC, Eternal Sonata and Resonance of Fate lately).

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-10-31, 21:22   Link #75
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
"Advise - data received."

Along with the above trailer, some bios and an overview of some unit types can be found here.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 08:43   Link #76
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I Wonder if they are gonna continue the theme of Boobs = Death
Old 2016-12-02, 08:58   Link #77
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/02...ild-god-death/

A trailer preview of Brundhild.

Old 2016-12-02, 15:05   Link #78
Shadow5YA

why hello there Selvaria
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 12:08   Link #79
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-2017/.109894

No longer staying in Asia.

Old 2016-12-14, 12:48   Link #80
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Also: PS4, Vita (digital only) and XBox One. No PC. It's strange for me since people on Xbox consoles seems don't like jRPGs.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps vita