AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 42.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 14.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-08-04, 11:39   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2016-08-04, 11:59   Link #2
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Omg, so it was Komaeda's ultimate talent that ruined three lives. X_X
Old 2016-08-04, 12:00   Link #3
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Hahahahahahahahaha
Old 2016-08-04, 12:01   Link #4
com_gwp

Ahahahaha! You will never get off Komaeda's wild ride.

Hopeman broke the trend. Two excellent DR3 episodes in a row. Can I hope that next week continues this?
Old 2016-08-04, 12:08   Link #5
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Goddammit Nagito. He just ends up ruining people's lives without really even trying and just gets punished with only suspension. That luck of his really is something else.

Nice to learn just what exactly happened between Ruruka and Seiko BTW. Even though Nagito was the ultimate reason they ended up how they did it seems tensions between them were always somewhat there.
Old 2016-08-04, 13:40   Link #6
steam fish

I swear this series can just be summarized into "Damn it Komaeda" Too bad no Izuru though the cockblock is killing me
Old 2016-08-04, 16:44   Link #7
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

SING ALONG WITH KOMAEDA

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2016-08-04, 17:14   Link #8
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

ROFL of course it was komaeda again ruining everything
Old 2016-08-04, 18:17   Link #9
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I fail to see why Ruruka and hr BF where expelled? (Especially her BF)
I can kinda see why they expelled Kimura since things looked really bad for her there bringing the bomb and everything - but Ruruka seemed relatively innocent believably not knowing about stuff to a point where she was so shocked that she told her best friend that they weren't even strangers from now on (Which is fun because the one reminding Kimura they used to be friends in Future was her).
As for the bombs switch that can imho not be held against anyone but the dog (ignoring Nagito whose involvement cannot be proven).

On another note - that friendship breaking up was just a matter of time; It was imho pretty one sided. At least I have yet to see a moment where Ruruka was a friend to Kimura at all.
The reason she doesn't eat her sweets probably possibly being tied to her dental brace or health reasons not even remotely coming to her mind. (Or at least asking why she won't instead of making accusing statements )

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-08-04, 18:26   Link #10
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I fail to see why Ruruka and hr BF where expelled? (Especially her BF)
I can kinda see why they expelled Kimura since things looked really bad for her there bringing the bomb and everything - but Ruruka seemed relatively innocent believably not knowing about stuff to a point where she was so shocked that she told her best friend that they weren't even strangers from now on (Which is fun because the one reminding Kimura they used to be friends in Future was her).
As for the bombs switch that can imho not be held against anyone but the dog (ignoring Nagito whose involvement cannot be proven).
I seriously can't really answer about her boyfriend. Kimura is due to the drug and bomb triggering. Ruruka is possibly due to the fact that she embarassed the judges, and thus, hope's peak, or doping. This is in addition to this is another HPA cover up.

If you read DR0 (Only recommended for now but may become required, and is canon) pretty much established that HPA loves talents, and is willing to cover up stuff (both the First Killign Game and the Reserve Course Mass Suicide) just to save "the talent" and their ass. Ruruka maybe jaded, but when she claim Hope's peak being Rotten, she is not that far off.
Old 2016-08-04, 18:44   Link #11
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
I seriously can't really answer about her boyfriend. Kimura is due to the drug and bomb triggering. Ruruka is possibly due to the fact that she embarassed the judges, and thus, hope's peak, or doping. This is in addition to this is another HPA cover up.

If you read DR0 (Only recommended for now but may become required, and is canon) pretty much established that HPA loves talents, and is willing to cover up stuff (both the First Killign Game and the Reserve Course Mass Suicide) just to save "the talent" and their ass. Ruruka maybe jaded, but when she claim Hope's peak being Rotten, she is not that far off.
Yeah, I assume spiking the pastries with drugs (be them laxatives or steroids) isn't a great thing to do. Even if she didn't cause wrecking gut pain to five teachers (and she did), it would have still been cheating. Her boyfriend probably got expelled by association: he knew, so he was an accomplice.

Old 2016-08-05, 03:13   Link #12
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

"Gasp"
I think i am understand now, Komaeda is not Junko despair he is despair member from other circumstances. Most likely it was Komaeda himself who turned into the despair rather from junko affection. Probably on future sequence Komade might meet his turned-despair comrades due of his extreme hate for despair he turned into despair himself and somewhat became despair members.
with Komaeda put on suspension he practically doesn't make any contact with Izuru which explained that boat scene then it open the possibility that izuru might transfer to Chiaki class.
Old 2016-08-05, 03:51   Link #13
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'd like to point out that, if Ultra Despair Grills is anything to go by, Despair!Komaeda is more or less exactly the same as Regular!Komaeda.
Old 2016-08-05, 03:54   Link #14
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If there's one thing about Komaeda it is that he's remarkably consistent in character with or without despair.
Old 2016-08-05, 04:05   Link #15
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If there's one thing about Komaeda it is that he's remarkably consistent in character with or without despair.
He's basically beyond hope and despair. His lines of thought are so singular and utterly incomprehensible they can't be catalogued under such trivial human categories.

Old 2016-08-05, 04:08   Link #16
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'd like to point out that, if Ultra Despair Grills is anything to go by, Despair!Komaeda is more or less exactly the same as Regular!Komaeda.
Indeed, when we compare AE Komaeda to remnant of despairs in D3 future ep 1 flashback Komade look lot saner than his others infected-despair classmates.
Old 2016-08-05, 04:20   Link #17
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
He's basically beyond hope and despair. His lines of thought are so singular and utterly incomprehensible they can't be catalogued under such trivial human categories.
A poster in another forum once compared him to the Joker. Probably the best comparison that can be made about him as he's also someone who just seems to want to watch the world burn.
Old 2016-08-05, 04:47   Link #18
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I would argue that he wants to see the world shine brightly, not watch it burn.

Now, setting the world on fire does make the world shine, but there is a distinct difference in this motivation.
Old 2016-08-05, 04:58   Link #19
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Nagito is basically the hope version of Junko. Just like she'll go to any lengths to fill the world with despair, he'll do anything like killing himself or other people, to make hope shine bright enough to blot out despair completely. And what's even more frightening is that his luck is so good things usually always go the way he wants it to.

If it wasn't for Makoto he'd definitely be the closest thing to an Ultimate Hope in this series.
Old 2016-08-05, 05:31   Link #20
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
If it wasn't for Makoto he'd definitely be the closest thing to an Ultimate Hope in this series.
Well, between him, Izuru and Munakata we have a nice exploration of all the ways Hope can go horribly wrong. Izuru is the problem with identifying "Hope" merely with talent and potential. Munakata is what happens when Hope is pursued as an end disregarding the means, losing itself in the process. And Nagito is what happens when you put Hope as an ideal above the human beings it is supposed to help to live and thrive.

Closed Thread