AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 38 58.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 10.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-24, 03:54   Link #21
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I thought it dragged a little in the beginning, but finished very strongly. Feels like a lot of attention went into Chihiro's arc too; I don't think the final one can beat this (at least outside of the hotness factor ).

Was that a Southpark reference?
Old 2011-05-24, 03:59   Link #22
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
I've grown to believe that the Chihiro arc had a nice finish, but I view her a particularly boring and regular person compared to some of the people we've encountered up this point.

As far as I'm concerned, Ayumi's appearance last episode was the most redeeming part of this arc.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2011-05-24, 04:04   Link #23
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
It's been nipping at me, but does Elsie's flying sound sound a bit like Lum's from Urusei Yatsura?
hah! Very good point. I think you might be onto something. I should be able to check considering I've got the DVDs.
Old 2011-05-24, 04:15   Link #24
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
I've grown to believe that the Chihiro arc had a nice finish, but I view her a particularly boring and regular person compared to some of the people we've encountered up this point.
Well, that's because Chihiro is meant to be a boring and regular person ^_^, which is why it was a challenge for Keima, because there's nothing special to her

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2011-05-24, 04:19   Link #25
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Yeah, which makes her capture the most un-galge-like so far.

I almost expected Chihiro to call the meatbuns manman nikuman....
Old 2011-05-24, 04:30   Link #26
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Chihiro was far from being among my favorite characters. But this arc is really well done. Not the most fun, but I did love the drama and it her concerns were the easiest with which to identify, making the arc bear the strongest impact to me throughout the series so far.
Old 2011-05-24, 05:51   Link #27
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

In my opinion among all arcs, this one is at the top. Someone finally managed to stop the god of conquests in his tracks. The character development for Chihiro seems very well planned and done.
Old 2011-05-24, 06:55   Link #28
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Wow, that may be the best episode of both seasons. Completely awesome
Old 2011-05-24, 08:45   Link #29
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

This arc was really well done though the first half was kinda of draggy but it did set the mood. Personally I got a better understanding of Chihiro than when I read her arc in the manga.

Also I didn't really care about Chihiro but the anime did changed my opinion of her character into a better one in this current arc.

What Keima said near the end that he will always be there to help her with that posture was a killer.
Old 2011-05-24, 09:02   Link #30
LKK

I have mixed feelings about this episode and the arc as a whole. I didn't like Chihiro at all. The more I saw of her, the less I liked her. But I really appreciated the way the animators told her story, especially in this episode. I guess you could say that I liked the way the story was told, but I didn't like what -- or rather who -- the story was about. Still haven't voted yet because none of the ratings seem appropriate.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2011-05-24, 09:02   Link #31
n120cky

Good episode, this arc is the best arc for me at least for now, I don't know why but I think last episode is better than this . So a normal girl can beat a unique girl?.

Chihiro said that her appearance was average, but I think she has her own appeal. Anyway with that BGM song with Chihiro humming and Chihiro starting a band,I hope we'll get a/some song(s) from it .
Old 2011-05-24, 09:46   Link #32
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

At the beginning of the arc i was set on not liking Chihiro, but the way the arc turned out i have to change my mind. Liked the faces she made at the cat. My favorite part was when she made an offering to Keima and he scarfed down the bun.
Old 2011-05-24, 10:19   Link #33
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Guess I'll throw a post.
I'm leaning toward the 'perfect score' side of the viewer.
I couldn't wait, so I took a little refreshment last week with the manga, as soon as I finished watching last week's episode.
And just now, it felt like I was totally watching something new. And when she started humming, I was convinced, that this episode would close the finest arc so far.
I had not once thought that this arc would be so melancholic that even a total 'ky' elsee couldn't make me laugh. I just smiled, gradually wider, as the end approached.

Old 2011-05-24, 11:30   Link #34
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I'm speechless. Chihiro was least interesting girl for me while reading manga, but Manglobe completely managed to make her shine.

I take my hat off to Manglobe this week(more like this month)
same with me
at first, Chihiro arc isn't my favourite at all (well, it's like I just fast forward when reading the manga)
but in the anime.... oh damn..... It's awesome.... I must say that this is one of the best arc so far (all hail season 2.... everything looks perfect)
this is completely great.... Chihiro is shining.... lol
I'm speechless.... the last scene+BGM also really good...
Old 2011-05-24, 12:09   Link #35
Spat

There isn't that much more to say about this episode and this arc in it's entireity, but here goes.

I freakin' loved it. Period.
Old 2011-05-24, 12:24   Link #36
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

wow, never expected that the most normal girl would be the hardest to capture, Chihiro's arc is the best so far, but my favorite heroine would always be Shiori.

and finally, after two years of searching, I finally found my profile pic, thanks to ep06! now if I could only figure out how to upload it
Old 2011-05-24, 13:15   Link #37
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

See, this is why the background girls are never attainable in eroge's, cause they're actually one the most complex characters in the game, and it's out of any protagonist's ability to make them fall for him. (Well, aside from Keima, but that's cause he's the capture god.~)

The anime does have this unique charm to it apart from the manga, and it's very reasonably paced. Now if they'd only garuntee a continuation after this season's over. Hopefully it's popularity will be convincing enough. I shall continue to repeat this over and over but this series definitely deserves a multi-season run.~

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-05-24 at 21:47.
Old 2011-05-24, 14:13   Link #38
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

@SilverSyko

I can agree. I'm very happy that the anime has quite a different feel to it. The source material, that is the manga, is great fun by being more oriented towards the comedy elements. But this anime continues to surprise me at how it tells the same story, change the feel by emphasizing more the drama that surrounds the targets of Keima's captures, and leave what is to me a deeper impact and impression. And I do love Manglobe's production values for this show. I'm loving this series more and more each episode, and do hope that it sustains its popularity enough to be able to produce more seasons even up to where we are now in the manga, which has some very interesting developments going on at this point.
Old 2011-05-25, 02:08   Link #39
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
It's been nipping at me, but does Elsie's flying sound sound a bit like Lum's from Urusei Yatsura?
Man, I said that on the first episode of the first season.

Yes, Elsie's flying sound is very much similar to Lum's, and most likely done on purpose.

As for this episode, well in the manga I thought her arc was really interesting because she herself was billed as being 'not interesting' so to speak, but the anime rendition kicked things up several notches and now this is by far my favorite arc.

Spoiler for You CAN NOT hate on that smile.:

Of all the girls in the show she's the one you can actually relate to that doesn't reek of literal cliches / tropes / archetype the series actually runs itself on / mocks. I really doubt the 'arcs' after this will compare as well, they just did such a damn good job executing her arc.

And I did not find her cute at all in the manga but I wanted to hug the ever loving stuffing out of her this entire episode.

Also, there are far, far, far, far too many people on here who don't realize what a fantastic job they're doing adapting this from the manga, it goes without saying that both seasons (thus far) are fantastic showcase pieces for how to adapt a series from its manga roots and still have it stand on its own two feet.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-05-25, 02:27   Link #40
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

Also, there are far, far, far, far too many people on here who don't realize what a fantastic job they're doing adapting this from the manga, it goes without saying that both seasons (thus far) are fantastic showcase pieces for how to adapt a series from its manga roots and still have it stand on its own two feet.
Problem is: the best is yet to come, but the viewers/producers won't wait that long for things to really begin. With a pacing so dragged (for good or bad), the true awesomeness of kaminomi won't be shown before a hypothetical 3rd season, which is still far from announced.

As good as the adaptation currently is, anime needs money to be animated, and the longer they spend on a arc, the higher the numbers of episode go, and the lesser the money goes back.
It's a bad decision IMO, because we will certainly end up with a cliffhanger forever, or worse, an anime ending which will definitely seal any possibly to follow the manga's story.
Negima fans know well what destiny awaits for Kami...

Closed Thread