AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-16, 07:06   Link #11281
Phibrizzo
Honos628

We have to consider not all grimores are attack oriented and nee so an average Mage would be killed by the original, and my view of that power level is bases on 1 on 1 duels.

Hell Oureolus knows a few grimmores and many canals have fail to catch him. It seems the books are that overpower just not anyone can survive them, as Etzali put it "it looks he is popular with the grimores".
Old 2011-06-16, 07:14   Link #11282
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Other people have a harem filled with girls.Etzali... now Etzali has a harem filled with girls and a harem willed with grimores.

Just you wait till he reappears in NT4 and we find out that the hospital has 3 more Aztec girls and Etzali has 3 more grimores.
Old 2011-06-16, 08:06   Link #11283
Drifting Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
We have to consider not all grimores are attack oriented and nee so an average Mage would be killed by the original, and my view of that power level is bases on 1 on 1 duels.

Hell Oureolus knows a few grimmores and many canals have fail to catch him. It seems the books are that overpower just not anyone can survive them, as Etzali put it "it looks he is popular with the grimores".

Well, it's kinda obvious 'canals' would fail to catch him. I mean, drainage workers against a guy like that? No way!
Old 2011-06-16, 08:10   Link #11284
Nayrael
The Faceless One

"CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!" he says
Old 2011-06-16, 09:28   Link #11285
ellifeedn
Thinker

I thought Etzali had three grimores after the events of vol. 19.
Old 2011-06-16, 09:30   Link #11286
Phibrizzo
Honos628

iPhone autocorrect, I mean cabalas.
Old 2011-06-16, 10:51   Link #11287
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I thought Etzali had three grimores after the events of vol. 19.
He has two; I doubt that he is going to do something reckless like going to his cabal and get 12 of them (since they are from the calendar, at least 12 are expected to exist, but not necessarily 12).

Etzali has 2 grimores and that's.... Well, a lot. But it's not like he can use those grimoires at it's fullest, after all he is vulnerable to their contamination, actually broken magicians supposedly can read the grimoires and be just fine; though no magician has been shown doing something like that in the series (they only have been mentioned to do so).

Reading the previous comments, I'm reminded that I would like to see a recovered Tochtli and a recovered Xochitl fighting over Etzali's skin, if you get my meaning.

BTW, writing this I wonder, since Kamijou's Imagine Breaker prevents him from having an AIM field, perhaps by extension his hand prevents him from having "refined mana" (like Index) and would thus be OK when exposed to a original.

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-06-16 at 11:03.
Old 2011-06-16, 14:13   Link #11288
Miraluka
Banned

PIng updated the last part VOL5 part 8 and this leaves the chapter at 72%.
Old 2011-06-16, 16:34   Link #11289
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Volume 21, Chapter 5 is fully translated
Old 2011-06-16, 16:35   Link #11290
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
part 5, chapter 5, vol 21 is done. It's about Shiage being tempted into an affair by Yuriko while Rikou sleeps besides them.
And part 6 is about Worst appealing Yuriko's hetero side. (got updated)

Quote:
M: “And you’re saying Misaka should work with you because of that?” Misaka Worst laughed scornfully. “Are you going to join hands with someone who is in the middle of all that evil?”

A: “You were made to pick up the negative emotions such as spite and hatred from the network, right?”

M: “And?”

A: “Does that fucking dark brain of yours really possess anything as admirable as devotion until death to your masters who see you as expendable?”
I LoLed xD

Another one

Quote:
Accelerator stared at Misaka Worst’s cast and muttered a few words while barely moving his mouth.

A: “…Sorry. That was my mistake because I went along with their manipulation.”

For an instant, Misaka Worst’s spite-covered face turned to a blank expression. It was the expression of someone whose thoughts had ground to a halt.

M : “Bah hyah.”

And then Misaka Worst rolled back onto the bed she had just stood up from.

M : “Ah hya hya hya hya!! What was that!? What was thaaaat!?”

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-06-16 at 17:00.
Old 2011-06-16, 16:59   Link #11291
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

>____>

And so, Accelerator became Tsundere for Misaka Worst.

Also, fuck being a villain. Yes Accelerator, you get it now. Thanks Kamijou.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-06-16, 17:02   Link #11292
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
>____>

And she *ucking enjoys it XD

Quote:
Also, fuck being a villain. Yes Accelerator, you get it now. Thanks Kamijou.
Seeing what Accel's definition of Villain was, does that mean that Accel is evil now?
Old 2011-06-16, 17:16   Link #11293
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
>____>

I think it's closer to apologizing to all the Misaka Sisters for what he did in the past.
Old 2011-06-16, 17:27   Link #11294
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Seeing what Accel's definition of Villain was, does that mean that Accel is evil now?
It's about rising above good and evil, stop the labeling and just protect what is dear to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I think it's closer to apologizing to all the Misaka Sisters for what he did in the past.
But considering he specifically looked at Worst's cast, well...

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-06-16, 17:28   Link #11295
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
“The Dark May Project.”

“You don’t mean…?”

“That project attempted to use my method of controlling my power to strengthen other espers’ personal realities. It seems they had a certain level of success, but it didn’t lead them to a Level 5. The only way to make you irreplaceable is for you to gain an ability that the other Sisters do not have. What’ll you do? If you analyze how I fight, you might be able to find a way out.”
BTW, can someone explain what Accel meant here in more detail?
As I understand it right now, by looking at Accel using his powers, Worst may copy some of his methods and become stronger herself, possibly a Lv5 different then Mikoto (as I can't see why AC would find someone irreplacable unless it was at least a Lv5)?

Quote:
It's about rising above good and evil, stop the labeling and just protect what is dear to you.
Yeah, I know... it just reminded me about how twisted Accel's definition of Villain was ^_^;
And to be frank, he WAS getting annoying with his Hero&Villain whining.
Old 2011-06-16, 17:54   Link #11296
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I know... it just reminded me about how twisted Accel's definition of Villain was ^_^;
And to be frank, he WAS getting annoying with his Hero&Villain whining.
Nah, he just wanted to impose his concept of "chivalrous villain" to those who play dirt in the Darkness but that lead him to dispair whenever his methods fails. So, with a high dosis of Sogebu at vol.20, Accelerator decided to step above good and evil turning himself into Angelerator.
Old 2011-06-16, 19:36   Link #11297
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
As I understand it right now, by looking at Accel using his powers, Worst may copy some of his methods and become stronger herself, possibly a Lv5 different then Mikoto (as I can't see why AC would find someone irreplacable unless it was at least a Lv5)?
Ditto. Still confused about that part.

Old 2011-06-16, 19:44   Link #11298
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
“That project attempted to use my method of controlling my power to strengthen other espers’ personal realities. It seems they had a certain level of success, but it didn’t lead them to a Level 5. The only way to make you irreplaceable is for you to gain an ability that the other Sisters do not have. What’ll you do? If you analyze how I fight, you might be able to find a way out.

It's as Accelerator said; if she incorporates data from Accelerator's calculations, she might be able to find a new power that would make her more valuble than just another mass produced clone that is disposable.

In other words, she'll have data that the higher ups fail to get from the Mayday project, that would make her more valuable.
Old 2011-06-16, 19:46   Link #11299
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, Misaka Worst IS a different being from the Original, which explains the difference of the electrical output of Worst (purple) compared to Mikoto (blue) and their current level.

Unless AC has already succeeded in creating a person with the same AIM as another (which they have failed lots of times with the Dark May Project), it's possible that Worst could develop an esper ability different to Mikoto.

EDIT: Ah, ninja post.
In any case, Worst can become a candidate for the next batch Level 5s. IF there's still an Academy City standing by then.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-16, 20:02   Link #11300
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
He has two; I doubt that he is going to do something reckless like going to his cabal and get 12 of them (since they are from the calendar, at least 12 are expected to exist, but not necessarily 12).

Etzali has 2 grimores and that's.... Well, a lot. But it's not like he can use those grimoires at it's fullest, after all he is vulnerable to their contamination, actually broken magicians supposedly can read the grimoires and be just fine; though no magician has been shown doing something like that in the series (they only have been mentioned to do so).

Reading the previous comments, I'm reminded that I would like to see a recovered Tochtli and a recovered Xochitl fighting over Etzali's skin, if you get my meaning.
From what I read, I got the impression that Etzali was going to take the grimore from Tochtli.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen