Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-09, 10:41   Link #21
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuko View Post
- Shanks gets on Whitebeard's ship, and everyone keels over foaming from his "spirit"
Not everyone - just the low-end crew.

Quote:
- No quality booze... bad sake from West Blue, Shank's home.
Actually, Whitebeard suggested West Blue booze in general is poor. However, he gave some grudging appreciation for the booze from Shank's home.

Quote:
- Whitebeard fought with Mihawk all the time.
He also talks about Roger, Sengoku, and Garp as his peers.

Quote:
- Shanks' scar was made by Blackbeard (and aparently, it hurts too.)
It's stinging *now* - ie Shanks is worried about Ace.

Quote:
- Whitebeard is 100 years older than Shanks.
As has already been pointed out, this is a complete miss-translation.

Quote:
- Shanks and Whitebeard start to fight.
I wouldn't necessarily bet on them properly fighting (ie to the death kinda thing). More like have a single crossing of blades for honour's sake.

Quote:
- Blackbeard reads about what the Mugiwaras did, is about to depart for Water 7 to get Luffy
They're at a nearby island too.

Quote:
....BUT ACE SHOWS UP AND SAYS "WAIT TEACH. I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU".
I wonder if Ace overheard the bit about Luffy?
Old 2006-11-09, 11:54   Link #22
matsuno

^ I have an urge to flame you for stupidity. But there's so many on here that would think its a natural responce that I just wont...

Seriously though, you dont need to recap points that everyone else has taken in the same fashion, instead, pick on a point or two and expand on them, not just state the obvious.

An Example of this would be like :

[quote] - Shanks' scar was made by Blackbeard (and aparently, it hurts too.) [quote]
t's stinging *now* - ie Shanks is worried about Ace.

instead you could elaborate on the fact that not only is it a sting to make reference that something is brewing (which we obviously know since the end of the chapter is him and Ace come face to face). I would take it to the shape of the scar, and remark it based on Teach's personnality, and we might start to speculate on Teach's weapon. Further more, even go as far to say that maybe cause of the shape and all, that it could possibly be caused by a broken wine bottle. Kind of a spur of the moment attack sprang from the middle of a talk between the two.
Old 2006-11-09, 12:19   Link #23
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Nobody has mentioned the part where Whitebeard refuses to stop Ace from engaging Blackbeard, because Black is White's son and it's White's responsibility to knock his son down a peg or two.

I disagree with ^, mistranslations need to be fixed, point by point if need be. Especially the "You're 100 years too early to confront me" expression which is VERY common in manga and anime.
Old 2006-11-09, 12:32   Link #24
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I wonder if Ace overheard the bit about Luffy?
Who cares? Just like the other few comments.

If you want to present a good summary, then instead of putting small notes as quote/comments in a rather disturbing way, it would be better to write it from the beginning to the end and post it this way.
Old 2006-11-09, 13:26   Link #25
S_C_L-1

just have to point out 1 thing:
WBs weapon is neither a sword nor a spear, its a kwon dao. its basically a very wide and thick sword on a 6 foot pole. in this case, more like 10 foot. the most common use in warfare was to cut the legs off of horses. anyway, it means that he doesnt count in the whoal "strongest swordsman" thing.

As for what crew mihawk was in, im guessing that he was part of WBs. it just makes sense. i dont think WB has any problem with ppl leaving his crew as long as they dont go killing friends like BB did.

*does the i-was-right-about-shanks/buggy-dance*

EDIT: according to the french translation, WBs weaklings collapsed because of shanks fighting spirit. his bloodlust if u will.

RE-EDIT: Sazelyt, i dont c YOU making any summarys. stop complaining.

Last edited by S_C_L-1; 2006-11-09 at 13:46.
Old 2006-11-09, 16:36   Link #26
DrFuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
If you want to present a good summary, then instead of putting small notes as quote/comments in a rather disturbing way. it would be better to write it from the beginning to the end and post it this way.
So much for constructive criticism... not a good way to make friends, mate.

Last edited by DrFuko; 2006-11-09 at 16:46.
Old 2006-11-09, 16:43   Link #27
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
really strange turn of events.

it appears that all of roger crew watch roger got excuted and they didn't help him, it means that he really didn't want anyone to rescue him or that he surrendered to the marines by himself.
shanks became the captain of roger's crew after that, and he was very young (maybe another thing roger asked beforehe got excuted ?), but i think that all of roger's crew with bounty left the crew and shanks only led the low ranks and maybe mid ranks people ... i doubt any strong one will stay with a kid without a bounty. buggy left because he didn't want to become under shanks.
and roger attacked and stole from other ships.

now for shanks strenght it seemed that he became one of the 4 great pirates before he even meet luffy ... and so the question is why did he go to east blue ?? if he went to west blue i would understand that we wanted to go to his hometown ,, but to east blue, i still can't understand the reason. also it seemed to me that this "Spirit" of shanks it either DF ability or another ability .. like a proof of being pirate king ... if so then al of the other pirates king should have something like it, even WB. and it is most likely the reason why the sky spilt in half.

now another question: when shanks mentioned the wound for BB .. he pointed to the wound on his eye , right ?? didn't he had it 10 years ago when he meet luffy and even his flag had it ?? so BB hide himself under WB for 10 years ... if so then his power really strong if he was able to wound 1 of the 4 pirates king.
Old 2006-11-09, 18:31   Link #28
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Shank's being at Roger's crew is a supirse but with all of this it sounds cool

so Mihawk is better at sowrdfighting but both Shanks and Whitebeard have something else except swodmanship to fight at his level (or Shanks at least had)
I dunno if they can cut steel and things like that but they have to super strong

how's n1 in Whitebeard's crew? wasn't it Blackbeard?
Blackbeard is a main villain now even though he's D

he is super strong but he has to prove it to WG by beating up some high bounty pirates and rise his fame than he will become Shibukai, simple as that

Ace will lose for sure :P I bet that Blackbeard have something similar to gear 2 (powerup) or DF ability
I don't think that Blackbeard would need his crew to help him with Ace

I dunno if we're going to see 2 the strongest men in the world fight against each other :P cause it would have to show how far away Luffy is :P but that's still possibility

can't wait Buggy to rise in fame a little now

and Buggy meet WB while on Roger's ship (he mention meeting him in person)

Shank's scar could be made 10 years ago and loonger maybe even Shanks and BB had fight about the Cap place :P
but time of this fight doesn't really matters, it's in what circumstances it ocured

Shank's bloodlust or something like that might be something that Luffy and his crew will get soon,
something that every super strong fighter should have
probably BB will have something like that and this is a spoiler about it and explanation will be when BB (or someone with that ability) will show up to fight SH
we all know that villain have to explain all his super moves so the good guys could fiqure it out (unless they are sharp, like Nami or Robin)
Luffy himself always explains that he's made of rubber when asked

Last edited by Wolcik; 2006-11-09 at 18:42.
Old 2006-11-09, 18:46   Link #29
marvelB

Kickass, kickass chapter. Loved Shanks and Whitebeard's conversation (ending with a duel, at that!). And did anyone else notice that those guys Marco and Jozu were also shown around the time when Whitebeard was first introduced? Heh, Oda sure knows how to foreshadow his characters....

So we now know that both Shanks and Buggy were cabin boys in Roger's crew. This, of course, explains how Buggy knew so much about Whitebeard in the first place (as well as explaining his first trip to the Grand Line). If anything, this would prove that Buggy will become quite a formidable opponent in the future for the SH crew....

And speaking of future formidable opponents, I have a feeling that Blackbeard will most likely wipe the floor with Ace, as well. The fact that Shanks said he was steadily gaining power while in Whitebeard's crew proves that he's quite a fearsome opponent, indeed (and he even both gave Shanks that scar... wow). That, and there's his crew to worry about as well. And it REALLY doesn't help that they're close to Water 7.....

All I can say now is: Bring on the next chapter!
Old 2006-11-09, 19:36   Link #30
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
I don't want to say I told you so but I could but I won't! (SlayerX, MihawkXGP, Neodrag).

I am shocked that Whitebeard fought Mihawk all the time. Shanks fought Mihawk as well but yet Mihawk STill RETAIN'S The Title "World's greatest swordsman." Mihawk must be some kind of freakin BEAST!

Anybody still think Ener and Ace will beat Mihawk?
Old 2006-11-09, 19:52   Link #31
regasatanum

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
I don't want to say I told you so but I could but I won't! (SlayerX, MihawkXGP, Neodrag).

I am shocked that Whitebeard fought Mihawk all the time. Shanks fought Mihawk as well but yet Mihawk STill RETAIN'S The Title "World's greatest swordsman." Mihawk must be some kind of freakin BEAST!

1) when was it mentioned??
2) did whitebeard retain his title as well?
Old 2006-11-09, 20:47   Link #32
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by regasatanum View Post
1) when was it mentioned??
2) did whitebeard retain his title as well?
1. White Beard: "It’s only been a moment in time for me… Those that say it’s a legend aren’t few. The days of dueling with you and Hawk’s Eye are still fresh in my ears…"

Shanks: "This is… not a wound from an adventure nor received from “Hawk’s Eye”… The one that gave me this wound was from your group… “Black Beard” Teach."

2. Yes Whitebeard was stated as strongest man in the world!!!!
Old 2006-11-09, 20:50   Link #33
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuko View Post
So much for constructive criticism... not a good way to make friends, mate.
I really appreciate if people learn to comprehend the meaning behind a post.

My reply was not related to your post, I believe at the time you posted there was no raw around, and any kind of summary at that time is appreciated.

However, the reply to your summary, was made at the time when the chapter was out, and in that case, if the initial post was not liked, then the way that post was made (which is more like a finding mistake or you missed that kind of way) was not a good way to complete a summary, at least not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
RE-EDIT: Sazelyt, i dont c YOU making any summarys. stop complaining.
You can see if you look around carefully (let me check, the thread for the last chapter where you posted, for instance); so, unfortunately, I sometimes post summaries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
it appears that all of roger crew watch roger got excuted and they didn't help him, it means that he really didn't want anyone to rescue him or that he surrendered to the marines by himself.
The two weaklings watching his execution does not mean all of the crew watched the execution. Logically, if the world government wanted to get rid of Roger, then it is always better to also get rid of the strongest ones around him. No-named ones can be left alone. At 15 years old, neither Shanks nor Buggy should be worth killing.

Quote:
Why not? Neither are swordsman, and it is always difficult to fight against an elemental power.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2006-11-09 at 21:40.
Old 2006-11-09, 20:54   Link #34
chitgoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
now another question: when shanks mentioned the wound for BB .. he pointed to the wound on his eye , right ?? didn't he had it 10 years ago when he meet luffy and even his flag had it ?? so BB hide himself under WB for 10 years ... if so then his power really strong if he was able to wound 1 of the 4 pirates king.
i still dont believe bb is uber duper strong.. bb wounding shanks meant he's strong yea, but i dont believe he's stronger than shanks.. hell no matter how strong a character is, he's not perfect, he still will get wounded even a little. so shanks >>>> bb hehehe
Old 2006-11-09, 21:01   Link #35
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Ive just noticed something, it's nothing big but whatever:

Shanks formed his crew after he was wounded by Blackbeard since Shanks' pirate flag has his trademark scars for BB on it.
Old 2006-11-09, 21:06   Link #36
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
Shanks formed his crew after he was wounded by Blackbeard since Shanks' pirate flag has his trademark scars for BB on it.
I think there is not a written rule that suggests a pirate group needs to keep their flag the same. If the person depicted in that flag is somehow changed, why not update the flag? Anyway, the flashback scenes that show the young Buggy and Shanks might help us on that issue.
Old 2006-11-09, 21:07   Link #37
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Why not? Neither are swordsman, and it is always difficult to fight against an elemental power.
Mihawk is the greatest swordsman in the world and he fought Whitebeard ("strongest man in the world") and Shanks all the time. Yet Mihawk retains his title, but yeah Ener and Ace are going to beat him.
Old 2006-11-09, 21:23   Link #38
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Mihawk is the greatest swordsman in the world and he fought Whitebeard ("strongest man in the world") and Shanks all the time. Yet Mihawk retains his title, but yeah Ener and Ace are going to beat him.
And yet Whitebeard, despite not being the strongest swordsman in the world, still stays as the strongest man in the world capable of beating Mihawk. Care to tell me how Mihawk is supposed to defend himself against electricity with only a sword? Even if he cuts it nothing will happen...
Old 2006-11-09, 21:29   Link #39
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
And yet Whitebeard, despite not being the strongest swordsman in the world, still stays as the strongest man in the world capable of beating Mihawk. Care to tell me how Mihawk is supposed to defend himself against electricity with only a sword? Even if he cuts it nothing will happen...
Yet mihawk was able to go toe to toe with The strongest man in the world all the time. Yet you say Ener will beat a guy like that.
Old 2006-11-09, 21:36   Link #40
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Yet mihawk was able to go toe to toe with The strongest man in the world all the time. Yet you say Ener will beat a guy like that.
That is really interesting, the strongest man cannot be capable of beating someone and still be called as the strongest. I wonder why? Either Whitebeard is not the strongest or Mihawk should be highly capable of getting beaten by Whitebeard in a serious fight.

Also, as you said, being the strongest swordsman does not make a person invincible. anyway, I have asked what kind of method do you think Mihawk can use against lightning to beat it? I am still waiting for your answer rather than comparison to others, cause we all know that won't work as, at least Enel, is shown to be almost invincible when compared to normal (non-insulating) humans.
Closed Thread