AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-16, 20:41   Link #11301
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
From what I read, I got the impression that Etzali was going to take the grimore from Tochtli.
Tochtli didn't had a grimoire, she was just being used as "ammo" for the attacks from Tecpatl grimoire, during the whole fight she didn't had a grimoire, furthermore she technically wasn't even conscious as she couldn't feel any pain when her own bones were taken out from her body.

At the end of the fight Etzali (tired) to use(d) Tecpatl grimoire to heal Tochtli and replace her missing bones with Obsidian. He probably succeeded, though I can't remember right now if it was clearly stated that he did.
Old 2011-06-16, 20:49   Link #11302
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Introducing Terunoa, the magician who uses harmonics.

http://fukou.wordpress.com/2011/06/0...ndex-drama-cd/
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-16, 20:58   Link #11303
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Introducing Terunoa, the magician who uses harmonics.

http://fukou.wordpress.com/2011/06/0...ndex-drama-cd/

That's from the first drama track right? I recalled they had a scene where Index, Touma and Mikoto were out on a threesome day-to, and Index tried to explain magic to Mikoto while Touma was doing his darnest to prevent that from happening but it didn't matter because Mikoto was completely lost in translation.

Later, the duo (minus Mikoto) got into some trouble with a magician trying to destroy Academy City for whatever reason.
Old 2011-06-16, 21:02   Link #11304
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ah, yes. That's the one.
I also have the audio drama about the baby that ended up in Index's care.

If only the rest of the other audio dramas were translated too...

I admit that I like Terunoa's speech pattern.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-06-16, 21:44   Link #11305
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Then there's one with Mikoto and Kuroko and a new girl that challenged Mikoto to a duel. I can't remember how the fight ended but as it turns out that new girl is the 'same type of human' as Kuroko, and the reason she challenged Mikoto in the first place was because of a rumor that the person who can 'defeat' Misaka Mikoto would gain her love (or something to that extend)

God knows where that rumor came from *cough*
Old 2011-06-16, 22:34   Link #11306
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
the reason she challenged Mikoto in the first place was because of a rumor that the person who can 'defeat' Misaka Mikoto would gain her love (or something to that extend)

God knows where that rumor came from *cough*
I think that the rumor was "the one that forces Mikoto to get serious is worthy of her love" (& being loved, apparently)..... Considering that Touma was the first one in that end you could argue that it's true

Chapter 6, part 1

Quote:
Lessar fell down onto the snow unable to bring an end to her momentum. The only question was whether it was a coincidence that he could see her panties from that angle.
Quote:
“(If you’re going to praise me, I’d prefer you did it while petting my head in bed.)”
Vol 5, chapter 3; part 8 and 9

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-06-16 at 22:56.
Old 2011-06-16, 22:46   Link #11307
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I think that the rumor was "the one that forces Mikoto to get serious is worthy of her love" (& being loved, apparently)..... Considering that Touma was the first one in that end you could argue that it's true
Ah yes, that sounds more right

God knows how that rumor came to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
“What are you talking about? Japan’s Academy City is the same. It wouldn’t surprise me to see a lake split open and a giant robot to come out in that city,”

Old 2011-06-17, 04:57   Link #11308
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Got a question. What do you think is a better name for the Grand Master of the Knights of England?

Knight Leader or Knight Commander?

Your opinion.
Old 2011-06-17, 05:01   Link #11309
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Got a question. What do you think is a better name for the Grand Master of the Knights of England?

Your opinion.
Hmm? Didn't the novels establish that it's "Knight Leader", even though the name for his rank is written in Kanji?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-06-17, 05:05   Link #11310
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Translations call him Knight Leader... tough I think Grandmaster would be correct in RL.
Old 2011-06-17, 05:13   Link #11311
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
“What are you talking about? Japan’s Academy City is the same. It wouldn’t surprise me to see a lake split open and a giant robot to come out in that city,”

Old 2011-06-17, 07:01   Link #11312
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh crap, Raijin-oh. Nostalgia Doraivu.

Old 2011-06-17, 08:04   Link #11313
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Holy fucking childhood memories Batman !

Though for some reason that OP song sounds a hell lot like the English song - "Don't Stop~...! Believing~...!"

EDIT:

About New Testament 2... Could be something, could be nothing...

Old 2011-06-17, 08:06   Link #11314
NightGale

I have been kind of busy so i couldn´t quite make a proper post (just a few comments here and there...), but honestly, i can´t let this one slip out of my hands:
Quote:
This is great; before the topic of 'heroes' became recognized as an important part of Index discussion, the only thing people ever seriously talk about Touma were speculations on Imagine Breaker- few people actually analysed him and his actions.
If you´ve ever read Bakuman, then you would have heard one recurring phrase in that manga: "If it´s interesting it sells...", you could also say, that if it´s interesting it´s worth reading and that´s is the only word that i could use to properly describe Touma: "A interesting character"... Touma is way too much of both a simple and complex character, to describe by any other word:
Sometimes, his character appears so bland that you could mistake him to be a the typical shounen harem-lead hero, but you don´t expect a one to suddenly start talking about red bunny girls and how different is to love a maid and a waitress...
Sometimes he seems like and otherworldly "saint" in terms of charisma and drive with a credo that while not word per word is essentially: "Yo don´t need special reasons to do what you feel is right, just a little courage to do so with a pride filled heart..."; but even then, he himself recognizes that doing something like this is self-righteous and arrogant(though quite and honest way of living if you ask me,xD), if not he wouldn´t have said "I fight for myself", when Index asked him about why he steps on to fight.
They call him a hero or an idiot with hero-complex, but if anything he is a villain... that is, if you go by one of the many definitions of villian: "one who forces his own ideology in others", as time and time again he rejects others "illusions" and judges them with "reality". As Aiwass said, he only looks like a hero because the end result of his actions looks like something good, but he only does whatever he feels like it.

On a side note, i only noticed just then but, aren´t Index and Accelerator characters the same? i mean their positions are exactly the same: the greatest brains of their own worlds, they are both being spun around by the darkness of their own worlds and i doubt this novel will ever end without Index breaking free just like Accelerator is slowly doing so in his own way...
Old 2011-06-17, 08:18   Link #11315
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Teh Goode Olde Ping finished Volume 5, Chapter 3
Old 2011-06-17, 09:07   Link #11316
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Translations call him Knight Leader... tough I think Grandmaster would be correct in RL.
The thing about our translations is that we follow what the wikia gives. So basically, we share the information with each other. Grandmaster should sound about right though.

And btw, that won't be the only update from me for today. I promised. Today will be war, there will be words.
Old 2011-06-17, 11:53   Link #11317
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

Your opinion.
Furigana calls him Knight Leader, the reading is Knight Leader, period. The meaning is in the line of "Knight Master" / "Grand Master", of course; it's in the same vein as "Accelerator" reads "Accelerator" and not "Ippou Tsuukou" and Imagine Breaker reads "Imagine Breaker" and not "Gensou Goroshi"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
The thing about our translations is that we follow what the wikia gives. So basically, we share the information with each other. Grandmaster should sound about right though.

And btw, that won't be the only update from me for today. I promised. Today will be war, there will be words.
The wikia actually had "grandmaster" at first, but I went out of my way and changed it for the previous reason. It makes me wonder, perhaps the chinese version uses Grandmaster only?? I remember that most of the spoilers (and ergo wikia articles) come from the chinese scanlation and it's readers.

Which by extension makes me wonder, from which version is the Ping working on? If you reverse engineer the text you can noticed that many kanji reads kinda different (for example "testament" reads as it's meaning, or many instances of 姉さん got read as neechin), the reading is mostly accurate / spot on so it isn't really a problem; but still kinda peaks my curiosity xD

Quote:

I can't be the only one that managed to catch TV broadcasts of this, right?
Old 2011-06-17, 14:41   Link #11318
Nayrael
The Faceless One

So not just did Fiamma beat the crap out of all his opponents, but he also came up with a detailed plan and managed to put a present into Touma's pocket?
Go Fiamma!

Volume 21, Chapter 6, Part 2

Quote:
“Misaka will of course be going to the place where more blood will be spilled. But what are you going to do about Last Order?”

“What would happen if I left her with you?”

“Misaka would probably get bored and do unspeakable things to her.”
No... :-O
No way O_O
Not the... :S
Not the...
Spoiler:

That woman sure is ruthless!

Last edited by Nayrael; 2011-06-17 at 14:59.
Old 2011-06-17, 14:58   Link #11319
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

^ Fate worse than death tbh.

Also... Imagining Accelerator and Worst in that scene with the spy, Accelerator was smoking HOT. Jesus I want to see this animated.

By the way...

Quote:
“Misaka thinks various parts of her body are getting hard from such a selfish development☆”
...>___> What is that supposed to mean...? Did those maniacs who created you give you several clitorises or something...? Well, that might explain SOME things, but...

Okay, I better drop it before I imagine Worst as a dickgirl- GOD FUCKING DAMMIT NO! BEGONE VILE THOUGHTS! GUWAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-06-17, 15:01   Link #11320
Nayrael
The Faceless One

I think she was talking about Nipples ^_^;
Either way, she was being perverted there.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen