AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-11, 23:06   Link #41
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Seems like we're getting into kind of iffy territory. I mean, yeah, everyone knows at this point, but still it is technically something that has yet to be revealed/confirmed in the anime.

Also, Eris doesn't wear a bandage. In fact
Spoiler for bit of info:

Also, has she said at this point that she goes to the surface world? I don't remember if it's something she's already said or something she's going to say later.

And yeah, I love Megumin. Not because of her explosions, though she wouldn't be herself without them. It's her overall character, her Chuunibyou, her pride in her "heritage", her relationships with other people, her ability to quickly pick up on and take advantage of things around her. She's a great partner for Kazuma, and I look forward to the day that they reach a new level (just imagine the vicious argument that led to them bathing together, only instead it's about who does or doesn't have the guts to kiss or ****).

Also yeah, she's short, but as I understand there's only maybe a couple years difference in the pair's age; he calls her loli because of her appearance, not her age (as if the same-age Yunyun didn't make that kind of clear). Maybe Japan has a thing for small girls, but studies have actually been made showing that most peoples and cultures have some degree of preference for neoteny in women's physical appearance. Additionally the Japanese are generally a bit below the global average in size, so it could be that their consciousness of this has affected a stronger interest (that and the cultural obsession with cuteness). And yeah, from what I've seen there does seem to be a pretty strong consciousness of this, as I've seen plenty of references in all sorts of anime/manga/LNs.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-11, 23:33   Link #42
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Seems like we're getting into kind of iffy territory. I mean, yeah, everyone knows at this point, but still it is technically something that has yet to be revealed/confirmed in the anime.

Also, Eris doesn't wear a bandage. In fact
Spoiler for bit of info:

Also, has she said at this point that she goes to the surface world? I don't remember if it's something she's already said or something she's going to say later.

And yeah, I love Megumin. Not because of her explosions, though she wouldn't be herself without them. It's her overall character, her Chuunibyou, her pride in her "heritage", her relationships with other people, her ability to quickly pick up on and take advantage of things around her. She's a great partner for Kazuma, and I look forward to the day that they reach a new level (just imagine the vicious argument that led to them bathing together, only instead it's about who does or doesn't have the guts to kiss or ****).

Also yeah, she's short, but as I understand there's only maybe a couple years difference in the pair's age; he calls her loli because of her appearance, not her age (as if the same-age Yunyun didn't make that kind of clear). Maybe Japan has a thing for small girls, but studies have actually been made showing that most peoples and cultures have some degree of preference for neoteny in women's physical appearance. Additionally the Japanese are generally a bit below the global average in size, so it could be that their consciousness of this has affected a stronger interest (that and the cultural obsession with cuteness). And yeah, from what I've seen there does seem to be a pretty strong consciousness of this, as I've seen plenty of references in all sorts of anime/manga/LNs.
I think it was after Kazuma's last death in season 2 where she tells him she sometimes visits the human world.
Old 2024-04-12, 06:31   Link #43
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I haven't read the LN/manga/whatever so it was definitely in the anime. As for the scar, I actually assumed it was a fake scar as part of her disguise as Chris.
Old 2024-04-13, 11:36   Link #44
GDB

Not sure why people are surprised that no one's figured it out in-universe. Even when presented with nearly undeniable facts (undead stalkers, reviving the dead/massacred, general attitude), no one but Kazuma believes that Aqua is actually Aqua the Goddess.

Now extrapolate that to another Goddess who doesn't act even remotely close to her Goddess form while on the surface. A thief, no less. And she just happens to be friends with his teammate, and has been for a long time? We know because we can look at the cast list and see the same VA, but he can't.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-13, 12:24   Link #45
Shadow5YA

It's not like Chris has had that much screentime or been in Kazuma's face either. This has been the most direct contact she's had with him so far and even then it was only a few seconds.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 07:36   Link #46
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I haven't read the LN/manga/whatever so it was definitely in the anime. As for the scar, I actually assumed it was a fake scar as part of her disguise as Chris.
it's very obvious in the light novels I picked up about it in volume 2. When she's introduced Chris is complaining about having to clean up after her senpai and when you go back it's clear she's describing Aqua.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 10:39   Link #47
Frontier

Kazuma is getting ahead of himself thinking he's about to become a "big brother" to the princess but first he's going to enjoy getting Darkness in a sexy maid outfit that shows a lot of skin, all the better for watching those huge tracts of land bounce as she moves !

They've finally completed the lighters Kazuma helped create! Megumin and Darkness even chipped in too! Which means Aqua has utterly no right to grab one for herself without paying! So she'll just do what she does best...reveal Kazuma sniffs their clothes and then use her party favors to make money! And get into a fight with Vanir, but that's a given .

Ha, Vanir teasing Kazuma and Megumin on their relationship .

Wow, so Wiz actually CAN be a proper businesswoman when she puts her mind to it! The lighters seem like a genuine success! Will it all go wrong or will Kazuma make some real moolah off of this deal ?

When he tries Kazuma can clean up decently, but Darkness in full Lalatina mode is utterly divine, and when the other girls wear dresses that fit their slimmer and child-like (sorry Megumin) body types they look amazing as well! Too bad Kazuma is fully-prepared to move in with the princess if things go well .

Princess Iris has the look of an absolute princess cutie! She's even got a knight retainer voiced by Sayuri Yahagi and a magic retainer voiced by Reina Ueda .

Darkness should've known that the rest of the group would immediately throw things off the moment Aqua started talking. OF COURSE Megumin would bring out her cape. Though while Iris through Claire talks pretty high and mighty, she's willing to forego a little impropriety .

You don't have to twist Kazuma's arm to talk about his daring and heroic exploits as an underdog fighting Destroyers and Demon Generals, but the three women want to hear about how he defeated that dashing and handsome (did they forget to mention handsome?) hero Kyouya...which for obvious reasons Kazuma doesn't want to dive too deeply into alongside his actual skills as an adventurer .

But if Megumin is willing to hold herself back against people insulting her Kazuma, the least Darkness can do is slap some sense into a princess and take a sword to her arm to defend Kazuma's honor. And luckily Iris is deep down a sweetheart who doesn't mean any harm .

And if his team is going to stand up for him, the least Kazuma can do is show his true power...stealing womens' panties. Sorry Claire .

I love how Aqua was so utterly wasted they apparently needed to sock her upside the head to get her to heal Darkness .

Well, the meeting ended up turning out okay and Iris really is fond of Kazuma now...so much so that she drags him with her back to the castle! He really did end up moving !

The ED is a another relaxing theme sung by the girls' VAs, complete with Chomusuke making a friend in a tadpole who slaps the girls, nearly drowns, and gets reunited with his giant frog parents...who also start attacking everybody and tongue-grabs Aqua. Like you'd expect .

Oh hey guys, it's Hans! HANS !!!
Old 2024-04-17, 17:50   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Darkness looked great in that maid outfit. And a different kind of great as prim and proper Lalatina! What she did to defend Kazuma's honor (lol) took a lot of courage, given how scared she's been of offending royalty this whole time. It paid off, perhaps a bit too well since Iris took such a liking to Kazuma she basically kidnapped him
Old 2024-04-17, 19:25   Link #49
GDB

Gotta admit, this was one of the most enjoyable episodes I can recall. I had a good smirk going from about the time Megumin tried to introduce herself to Iris until pretty much the end.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 20:13   Link #50
Wandering Soul

That entire episode was pretty fun. The meeting even went better than expected, it went so well that Iris ended up kidnapping Kazuma.
Old 2024-04-17, 20:16   Link #51
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Iris is finely here and Darkness is working overtime keeping those 3 idiots in check
Old 2024-04-17, 22:29   Link #52
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Honestly, a part of me wished he'd told them straight-up how things went with him and Mitsurugi. If they're going to insult him due to how inferior he is to that jerk, I'd say he deserves to tell them off a bit for thinking there was anything remotely good about the guy. If anything, supposing he could convince them of the truth of his statements, I'd hope the guard for one might have felt some shame expressing such admiration for someone who'd demand a "fair duel" when there was such a huge disparity between him and his opponent, not to mention someone who'd demand unwilling girls as a prize in such a duel.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 22:40   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Almost Heaven, West Virginia♪
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River♪
Life is old there, older than the trees♪
Younger than the mountains, growing like a breeze♪
Country roads, take me home♪
To the place I belong♪

Oh, a different song? It sounded similar enough I thought it was a parody

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-18, 00:50   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man, Darkness is a total badass . I love that she tanked that sword strike with her bare arm and only got a minor cut from it! She may have no ability to hit enemies and her masochism is beyond extreme...but she's a great tank! And in a setting like this she really is excellent. Handled the Princess well while also defending the "honour" of her allies. Darkness has many wacky flaws, but she's a noble for sure.

Respect to Megumin's restraint. She was going to blow her top, but did hold herself back. Just it got pretty close with her visibly straining until she did decide to back down. Though I'm not sure that will remain the case after Kazuma got snagged during that teleport! Megumin may blow up the castle !

Honestly though, this was a really nice episode. It felt like Konosuba at it's best. A bunch of idiots with their strengths and flaws just being themselves.
Old 2024-04-18, 22:04   Link #55
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Honestly, a part of me wished he'd told them straight-up how things went with him and Mitsurugi. If they're going to insult him due to how inferior he is to that jerk, I'd say he deserves to tell them off a bit for thinking there was anything remotely good about the guy. If anything, supposing he could convince them of the truth of his statements, I'd hope the guard for one might have felt some shame expressing such admiration for someone who'd demand a "fair duel" when there was such a huge disparity between him and his opponent, not to mention someone who'd demand unwilling girls as a prize in such a duel.
He used tactics, it was legitimate .
Old 2024-04-20, 18:14   Link #56
Alchemist007
*Author

I was wondering why they weren't being attacked by the frogs in the ED until they did .

Royalty/guards of this sort are pretty annoying in anime, at least they got some embarrassment from the slap and steal.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-04-21, 03:47   Link #57
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I'm going though s2 again and I believe there is a movie out for this series I never saw. Do I need to watch that before s3 or is it non-canon? And what about the Megumin spin-off? I couldn't get into it, but I'd like to prepare myself nonetheless.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 06:20   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I'm going though s2 again and I believe there is a movie out for this series I never saw. Do I need to watch that before s3 or is it non-canon? And what about the Megumin spin-off? I couldn't get into it, but I'd like to prepare myself nonetheless.
Movie is 100% canon and the third season picks up right after it.

Megumin spin-off is optional and not very good IMO.
Old 2024-04-21, 06:23   Link #59
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Movie is 100% canon and the third season picks up right after it.

Megumin spin-off is optional and not very good IMO.
Good to know. Appreciate the info =03. Glad I can avoid the spinoff too.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 13:35   Link #60
Frontier

I feel like the Megumin spinoff adds a lot of context to Megumin and Yunyun's friendship and on expanding on some of the stuff you'll see in season 3.