AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 9 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 46.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-25, 02:34   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well... d'oh. I wondered why I wasn't seeing ~sola~ listed in the Fansubs....
Old 2007-04-25, 02:45   Link #22
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Now that I've seen the sub, I think ep3 is even more enjoyable than I did from the raw. I love the relaxed interactions. It's more than just Mana's hairpin that reminds me of Lamune. I agree that Yorito's slight panics were the worst of it, but he came through in the end.

As for Mana-Yorito, I think it's the classic osananajimi who don't realize they have those kinds of feelings for each other. Unfortunately, Matsuri is not going to be around forever, but Mana will be there to pick up the pieces, and lovely it shall be.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-04-25, 02:48   Link #23
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

the preview pwns
Old 2007-04-25, 02:50   Link #24
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Does Mana harbour feelings for Yorito or not? They are still pretty ambiguous on this issue as of this episode. Personally, I hope she does not, so that they can focus their attention on Matsuri's core story.
I'm guessing that right now, Mana and Yorito are at the Best Friends stage. (I doubt they're any lower, considering Mana is willing to cook for Yorito.) Now, whether they progress from there to having a Relationship is unknown.

Still, I'd say that Matsuri probably hasn't yet graduated from Mysterious Yet Attractive Girl. I've noticed that in a lot of anime, the progression to having feelings for each other tends to result from spending a lot of time together, so Matsuri may be able to catch up to Mana due to living with Yorito.

Of course, sola could subvert all of this by having Yorito remain single at the end of the series. Not "undecided", but completely, utterly single.
Old 2007-04-25, 04:03   Link #25
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Though I've noticed that for a show titled "sky", there hasn't exactly been any l33t sky animation pr0n. And no, the ED don't count one bit.
Like Air, right? Man that show was pretty.

Nice visuals usually don't add to the story, but they do add to the atmosphere, so they deserve to be appreciated. I think the reason we haven't seen the sky much here is because Matsuri doesn't see it, and it's really her story at the moment. I can see what you're saying, though.
Old 2007-04-25, 05:47   Link #26
CessBlue

I thought I saw a hint of Mana having feelings for Yorito when she asked Matsuri what their relationship was? I swear she blushed for a second.

PS. I tried the tongue twister and failed miserably. How do those seiyuus do it?
Old 2007-04-25, 06:05   Link #27
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessBlue View Post
I thought I saw a hint of Mana having feelings for Yorito when she asked Matsuri what their relationship was? I swear she blushed for a second.
Yeah, there was a bit of color there. The animators are being somewhat reserved in their use of cliches.

Quote:
PS. I tried the tongue twister and failed miserably. How do those seiyuus do it?
I guess that's why they get paid the big bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Clouds ALWAYS look like animals to me.

And I hope I'm not giving a wrong impression.

pr0n in this case = needless unneccesarily beautiful cloud moving animation with beautiful colours, effects, etc. I call it pr0n here because it adds nothing to the meat of the story other than "nice visuals".
Oh, so just fanservice.... but less jiggly.

Good thing it's not the other thing. 'Cause now you go saying you see a bunch of animals.....
Old 2007-04-25, 07:06   Link #28
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Not "oniichan", but "Ototo" as in little/younger/baby brother.

Btw, where have all the Sola-fans gone? Start posting in this section of the forum, show more interest, or we will threaten to remove this forum and replace it with a thread. Just kidding.
Unlike Kanon (2006), there aren't any spoilers to discuss, that's why the Sola forum is so quiet compared to the former.

Be patient. I'll wager that activity usually peaks at the airing of every Sola episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoku View Post
I think they are just good friends. She doesn't seem to be that jealous that Yorito is living with a cute girl.
Nayuki was pretty cool with first Makoto, and then Ayu, freeloading in her house too, until the latter started stealing THE MAN from her.
Old 2007-04-25, 08:00   Link #29
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Unfortunately, Matsuri is not going to be around forever, but Mana will be there to pick up the pieces, and lovely it shall be.
If we get to that stage, i seriously doubt it will be "lovely"

As for Mana's feelings towards Yorito... until i see something more, i am going to assume they are just good friends. She was very eager at getting Matsuri back once she thought she left

Perhaps it might be the good, old cliche "she just doesn't realize it yet", but for some reason it didn't seem that way to me.

Actually, i think i would prefer if she wouldn't have any. Then we could tackle Matsuri's story head on. Besides - i believe Aono is going to be a much larger problem than Mana.
Old 2007-04-25, 10:38   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
If we get to that stage, i seriously doubt it will be "lovely"

As for Mana's feelings towards Yorito... until i see something more, i am going to assume they are just good friends. She was very eager at getting Matsuri back once she thought she left

Perhaps it might be the good, old cliche "she just doesn't realize it yet", but for some reason it didn't seem that way to me.

Actually, i think i would prefer if she wouldn't have any. Then we could tackle Matsuri's story head on. Besides - i believe Aono is going to be a much larger problem than Mana.
well i think the reason why she wanted to get matsuri back was because there was a misunderstanding there that needed to be cleared up...and besides with her woman intuition she sensed that matsuri may have been a bit jealous to be walking off like that tho in reality she is just really genuine in that sense...i still think that there could be a potential love triangle ~ give it a few more time for the feelings of need to sink into mana and here we have a girl who wants yorito...

aono is still a mystery to me :/ but its great that not everything is predictable :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-25, 12:20   Link #31
Boukenxha

Mana would be like Yorito's nanny if they weren't of the same age.

I'm thinking buddies would be a good description for the two's relationship, probably the kind that knows each other so well that it irks them to consider dating someone with x flaws or xx disgusting habits. Personally, I don't see much chance that Mana and Yorito will progress into the lovers stage even if there's a bit of drop hints from other characters in ep 3. Maybe it's Mana's attitude or maybe it's the rarity that Mana the osananajimi is supposedly the no.3 lead female character behind an onee-chan character.

The episode, I like it more so than the first two. The character-character interactions were well done, nicely complemented by Matsuri's "my pace" attribute which totally sucked the characters in... sucked me in too. And for theory of the day, Aono seems to be looking for a certain doll, just not the ones Yorito frequently buys for her. Now Mayuko is carrying a doll too, I wonder if there's a relation.
Old 2007-04-25, 12:44   Link #32
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatsu View Post
And for theory of the day, Aono seems to be looking for a certain doll, just not the ones Yorito frequently buys for her. Now Mayuko is carrying a doll too, I wonder if there's a relation.
Hm... so far i think we might be jumping the gun with the supernatural stuff where Aono is concerned. I think it was more like her stating her dislike towards the type of doll Yorito brought

...Of course, i could be wrong.
Old 2007-04-25, 17:53   Link #33
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
...And of course, most of the dolls that Yorito bought are downright strange, as far as I can recall. Remember the bit he was asking the opinion of the other girls at the class in the earlier episodes about the doll that he have bought for Aono? They were like 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'.
Old 2007-04-25, 18:40   Link #34
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Btw, where have all the Sola-fans gone? Start posting in this section of the forum, show more interest, or we will threaten to remove this forum and replace it with a thread. Just kidding.

What? Nooo.

This was a great episode to me though seriously. Im more into episodes where characters just interact alot and they did it in such a cute way on this one I couldnt help but love it.

As soon as aono gets more of a real role in the show ill be even happier with the show.
Old 2007-04-26, 05:22   Link #35
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Sola yesterday.
Though I thought the show looked interesting when I read about it somewhere about 2 months ago I'm kind of surprised of how good it really is.
This is the kind of show i really can enjoy.
Matsuri has got to be the best character in a long time.
she's cute, smart and have a really good sense of humor.
Loved her expression when she was eating the food and Mana came back to the kitchen

Old 2007-04-26, 08:48   Link #36
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Unlike Kanon (2006), there aren't any spoilers to discuss, that's why the Sola forum is so quiet compared to the former.

Be patient. I'll wager that activity usually peaks at the airing of every Sola episode.

Nayuki was pretty cool with first Makoto, and then Ayu, freeloading in her house too, until the latter started stealing THE MAN from her.

...somebody cookied me anonymously on this post. With no comments or anything. I don't even know what I got cookied for.

Thing is, it's not the first time. It's probably the same person who cookied me anonymously too, for a Lucky Star post I made which eventually got deleted by the mods for being off-topic (the mods themselves would know which one I'm referring to.)

See, I'm the kind of guy who takes negacookies in his stride if he feels they were deserved, but these cookies for no particular reason at all that I can think of....just puts me out of my stride. The heck is going on? Who's doing this?
Old 2007-04-26, 08:56   Link #37
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
...somebody cookied me anonymously on this post. With no comments or anything. I don't even know what I got cookied for.

Thing is, it's not the first time. It's probably the same person who cookied me anonymously too, for a Lucky Star post I made which eventually got deleted by the mods for being off-topic (the mods themselves would know which one I'm referring to.)

See, I'm the kind of guy who takes negacookies in his stride if he feels they were deserved, but these cookies for no particular reason at all that I can think of....just puts me out of my stride. The heck is going on? Who's doing this?
This is the first time I am seeing a person "complain" about getting positive rep. Well, it certainly wasn't me. My positive cookies are very "distinctive". Maybe it is a secret admirer who is stalking your every move. Whatever the case may be, why look a gift horse in the mouth at all?

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-26, 09:06   Link #38
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
This is the first time I am seeing a person "complain" about getting positive rep. Well, it certainly wasn't me. My positive cookies are very "distinctive". Maybe it is a secret admirer who is stalking your every move. Whatever the case may be, why look a gift horse in the mouth at all?

Cheers.
Heh. I'd go with your POV....if not for the fact that I simply can't figure out why I'm getting all this rep at all. At this rate, what I'm worried about are the mods mistakenly thinking that I illegally created a second account to abuse the rep system, and ban me for that when I did nothing at all.

Bah.....the rep system is fun to a certain extent, but I personally don't put much importance on it. I'm very clear on what my real reputation around these boards are.
Old 2007-04-26, 09:10   Link #39
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Heh. I'd go with your POV....if not for the fact that I simply can't figure out why I'm getting all this rep at all. At this rate, what I'm worried about are the mods mistakenly thinking that I illegally created a second account to abuse the rep system, and ban me for that when I did nothing at all.

Bah.....the rep system is fun to a certain extent, but I personally don't put much importance on it. I'm very clear on what my real reputation around these boards are.
Well, things happen. I recall getting negged thrice for apparently no reason (( post with absolutely no bias or malice )) and getting cookied once for no reason too. Though most of my cookies either came from my serious talks (( haven't been doing that for a long time now )) or my "Skane-lite/C2F-lite" imaginations.

This is off-topic though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-26, 12:42   Link #40
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ or it could be some noob trying to give you +rep but clicked the neg button instead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areguzanda View Post
Loved her expression when she was eating the food and Mana came back to the kitchen

"crap..." (well shes attracted to food thats for sure :3)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread