AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-11, 03:23   Link #141
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I like Taiga because her character was balanced. Most Tsunderes have a "mold" to follow and Taiga surely starts following it, but not only i feel her "tsundere" aspects are being well excuted, she also is able to walks a step above said mold(Shana more or less started it and Louise is so stuck in it that she's almost a parody of Shana by the 3rd season of ZnT) Taiga started on the same point but quickly gives hints of advance and by the Chirstmas episode she almost overgrow her inital Shana-ish tendencies to become a more complex character.

Maybe the difference radicates in the fact that we actually know the reasons for Taiga to be so harsh and insecure(screwed family life), and even if that's not an excuse, she hasn't showed her harsh tratement to everybody or hide her feminine traits(she have fun with Minorin, dress cute outfits, eat desserts and had a crush on a goody guy with glasses ...and only the last one is a secret) and even shows dislike for her nickname(altough seems to enjoy being a tough girl at times xD), it's only that she doesen't show the need to open to other people that much(and is short tempered to anyone who mess with her), unless christmas come and transforms into "Angel Taiga" xD. At the end she feel the weight of her own flaws and actually made an effort to change things for the better(with enormous help from Ryuuji and her firends), and by the end, even if she conserve some Tsundere traits she's a much more open person now.

I think the thing i like the most of her is the evolution that she undergoes during the story, it's well played and it feels credible. On a side note, more than protecting her, her character and story provokes me to cheering for her.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-09-17, 07:51   Link #142
mr. sebastian

lolz i love taiga honestly she is kinda cool and cute
everytime she's going to beat someone and going to hit them anywhere she 's adorable
Old 2011-01-09, 20:40   Link #143
Furude.

I have many doubts about Taiga, anyone here know much about and understands her and can have a good soul and I take the questions?
Old 2011-01-13, 17:44   Link #144
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furude. View Post
I have many doubts about Taiga, anyone here know much about and understands her and can have a good soul and I take the questions?
I don't know if my knowledge is enough to match your needs but i'm willing to take questions about Taiga xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-01-13, 19:09   Link #145
Rocksta93
Anime Assistant

I think that Aisaka Taiga is presented very well in the seried cause at the start of this show I was like ???. Because she looked as if she only thought of her self. but near the emd especially the finale she showed loveing and a caring attitude towards Ryuugi
Old 2011-01-13, 19:56   Link #146
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

That's because she indeed was thiniking only of herself at the beginning, i like her because the show cemented her personality and status towards Ryuuji very well, in the first couple of chapters he's only a classmate who get involved into her troubles, during Ch. 1 she sees him as a nuisance but then accepted him as a helpér because it's very convenient(he is Yuusaku's best friend and also apparently have more experience than her with love things, also she's Minori's best friend so she have good measures to control Ryuuji xDU), also she only treats Ryuuji that way because of his involvement with the letter. When things clears up she calms down and even apologizes to him, so yeah Taiga was rude with Ryuuji at the beginning but she's rude with everyone at that point and doesen't have any particular biasing(or feelings) towards him. It's a huge difference from other Kugimiya tsunderes, they don't instantly fall in love with each other or feel embarrassed or soemthing(Taiga was only embarrassed about the letter and her crush on Kitamura xDU) and from Ch. 2 an on Ryuuji take the courage to stand up to Taiga as an equal wich manage to get her attention and start viewing him as a friend more than a lackey.

Over the course of the story she goes through an evolution process, by chapter three she's accustomed to Ryuuji's prescence and cemented her relationship with him as good friends, supporting each other and spending time togheter without the pressure of being a couple(altough the entire class understandably misunderstood the situation xDU), the thing is that Taiga grew more and more dependant on Ryuuji over the time, she can have the courage to go after Kitamura probably because she knows that Ryuuji is supporting her and will be there if she gets in trouble. the first hints of Taiga's feelings for Ryuuji came in Ch. 7-8 during the pool episodes, more visible hints are throwed during the "School Festival Arc"(where Ryuuji subcouncsiciously take a very protective role over Taiga like some sort of father-like fiugure which hasn't go unnoticed to Ami), by this point Taiga is not only fond of having Ryuuji as a Nakama but she also starting to get along with the rest of the class an other people, she's still a bit rude but very less violent and much more open to people than in the beginning. This culminates during the "Christmas Arc" where she evolves from Palmtop Tiger to Angel Taiga even if she's a bit hypocritical(Taiga even admits that she does it in part for self-satisfaction) it's undeniably that Taiga is now actively chasing a good relationship with her friends and even allows her to open more to Ryuuji as a person(instead of playing tsundere with him as before)m said opening is also probably the cause of her finally realizing what's inside her for real. the last part of the story has her dealing with her feelings about loving Ryuuji in contrast with her intention of helping him to reach happiness by make it out with Minori. By that point Taiga speaks and behave normally around Kitamura and is also able to enjoy time with her classmates, assiting to study sessions, hangiong out with Ryuuji's friends and such(you know, things that the Taiga of the beginning will never do). by the very end she find that her behavior is only a mean to scape her problems, she sees Ryuuji afronting his own family problems and thantks to that she find the courge to face her own problems, she wants to be with Ryuuji but as Ryuuji himself says, she wants to be truly happy which can be only acomplished with the approval of the people she cares for after repairing her family life.

I like Taiga's character because it has much more elements that only be "in love", she's in love right, but she also care very deeply for Minorin, grow strong nakama bonds with Ryuuji and Ami(really, it's amusing to see how the Palmtop Tiger and the Stupid Chihuahua became such good friends by the end) and have a more complex past wich have an important impact on her descisons(she leaves the boy she loves in order to fix her family life first, a very mature descision), i didn't really dislike anyone on this series, Toradora is full of entertaining and interesting characters xD.

P.D.- Sorry for expanding too much with the answer xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-10, 07:50   Link #147
Furude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
That's because she indeed was thiniking only of herself at the beginning, i like her because the show cemented her personality and status towards Ryuuji very well, in the first couple of chapters he's only a classmate who get involved into her troubles, during Ch. 1 she sees him as a nuisance but then accepted him as a helpér because it's very convenient(he is Yuusaku's best friend and also apparently have more experience than her with love things, also she's Minori's best friend so she have good measures to control Ryuuji xDU), also she only treats Ryuuji that way because of his involvement with the letter. When things clears up she calms down and even apologizes to him, so yeah Taiga was rude with Ryuuji at the beginning but she's rude with everyone at that point and doesen't have any particular biasing(or feelings) towards him. It's a huge difference from other Kugimiya tsunderes, they don't instantly fall in love with each other or feel embarrassed or soemthing(Taiga was only embarrassed about the letter and her crush on Kitamura xDU) and from Ch. 2 an on Ryuuji take the courage to stand up to Taiga as an equal wich manage to get her attention and start viewing him as a friend more than a lackey.

Over the course of the story she goes through an evolution process, by chapter three she's accustomed to Ryuuji's prescence and cemented her relationship with him as good friends, supporting each other and spending time togheter without the pressure of being a couple(altough the entire class understandably misunderstood the situation xDU), the thing is that Taiga grew more and more dependant on Ryuuji over the time, she can have the courage to go after Kitamura probably because she knows that Ryuuji is supporting her and will be there if she gets in trouble. the first hints of Taiga's feelings for Ryuuji came in Ch. 7-8 during the pool episodes, more visible hints are throwed during the "School Festival Arc"(where Ryuuji subcouncsiciously take a very protective role over Taiga like some sort of father-like fiugure which hasn't go unnoticed to Ami), by this point Taiga is not only fond of having Ryuuji as a Nakama but she also starting to get along with the rest of the class an other people, she's still a bit rude but very less violent and much more open to people than in the beginning. This culminates during the "Christmas Arc" where she evolves from Palmtop Tiger to Angel Taiga even if she's a bit hypocritical(Taiga even admits that she does it in part for self-satisfaction) it's undeniably that Taiga is now actively chasing a good relationship with her friends and even allows her to open more to Ryuuji as a person(instead of playing tsundere with him as before)m said opening is also probably the cause of her finally realizing what's inside her for real. the last part of the story has her dealing with her feelings about loving Ryuuji in contrast with her intention of helping him to reach happiness by make it out with Minori. By that point Taiga speaks and behave normally around Kitamura and is also able to enjoy time with her classmates, assiting to study sessions, hangiong out with Ryuuji's friends and such(you know, things that the Taiga of the beginning will never do). by the very end she find that her behavior is only a mean to scape her problems, she sees Ryuuji afronting his own family problems and thantks to that she find the courge to face her own problems, she wants to be with Ryuuji but as Ryuuji himself says, she wants to be truly happy which can be only acomplished with the approval of the people she cares for after repairing her family life.

I like Taiga's character because it has much more elements that only be "in love", she's in love right, but she also care very deeply for Minorin, grow strong nakama bonds with Ryuuji and Ami(really, it's amusing to see how the Palmtop Tiger and the Stupid Chihuahua became such good friends by the end) and have a more complex past wich have an important impact on her descisons(she leaves the boy she loves in order to fix her family life first, a very mature descision), i didn't really dislike anyone on this series, Toradora is full of entertaining and interesting characters xD.

P.D.- Sorry for expanding too much with the answer xDU.
Don't mind xD
But my real question is about Taiga's real personality and about her actions with Ami ( especially in the episode 6 when her take Ami to her apartment ) , Yuri-sensei, Tomiie Kouta, Kanou Sakura ( yeah xD ) and Inko-chan. I mean, despite Ami, she is really rude with them.

Last edited by Furude.; 2011-03-10 at 08:01.
Old 2011-05-01, 21:44   Link #148
Furude.

topic dead...
Old 2011-05-04, 16:10   Link #149
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furude. View Post
topic dead...
What do you expect?
Old 2011-08-16, 01:47   Link #150
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>

Send a message via MSN to Aurine
Taiga is just kyuun > w< even Ryuuji don't love you, I do! (Trying to sound like Minori XD)
But seriously, after rewatching, Taiga is my only best three favorite character so far.

and I love Taiga in her angelic hair-like, however original hair still the best!
Closed Thread

Tags
characters