AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru... Index [LN/M] - Genesis Testament Volume 1 Rating
Perfect 10 4 19.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-01-31, 13:01   Link #21
devil_slayer

People gives Index so much shit for always jumping and biting Touma but it's really the same cliche with Misaka always attacking the poor dude.

Where is my man Hamazura tho? No best thug in this volume?
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-31, 13:51   Link #22
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
People gives Index so much shit for always jumping and biting Touma but it's really the same cliche with Misaka always attacking the poor dude.
They are both useless and at the same level. So pot shots here and there are just to be ignore or play around with

As for Hamabro, its just starting and preview. There are still chance for him to show up. Kamachi usually crams lots of character in a volume, be it cameo, throw away characters or none important to plot characters. He will probably show up.

But I'm more thrilled on how Accel-dude runs the academy city I wonder if he do paperwork.
Old 2020-01-31, 13:56   Link #23
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But I'm more thrilled on how Accel-dude runs the academy city I wonder if he do paperwork.
I'm more interested in the person he's talking to in the colour illustrations. If it is Yomikawa, then this would be another sign of growth on Accel's part, since he used to tie himself in knots to avoid her and the others getting involved in his business.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-01, 02:34   Link #24
rladls2121

Things may not be all the same though.
Motoharu isn't in Academy City anymore, so I wonder if Komoe, Aogami, and Seiri sort of miss him.
I wish he'd return someday, someday the trios will be together without worrying about any darksides.

I didn't know Skill Out was still a thing.
Too bad though, they are not they used to be when they were a little bit decent back then.

One of the reasons I love about this series that, Touma's daily life plots is also fun as the main serious plots.
His daily life scenes are entertaining as always, that includes Index tries to eat him all the time.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-01, 09:45   Link #25
devil_slayer

Is there a reason why Kamachi won't just move on with the timeline tbh? I really would have preferred seeing Touma, Accel and co in their 20's at this point rather than being stuck at 16 forever.

Touma has been stuck at 16 since 2004. That's before I even entered school lol.
Old 2020-02-01, 10:15   Link #26
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

They could simply be at college and it would be more dynamic than the stale forever HS student...
Old 2020-02-01, 10:32   Link #27
tsunade666

Even if Kamachi moved the timeline further it probably won't help that much. biribiri would still be biribiribiribiribibiri touman and touman would still save a girl, just by walking on the street and when he comes home, he needs to feed his pet nun.

Though to be honest, I want to know the colleges in toaru. Kamachi hasn't expanded that much on what happen after the students graduates? where does the modified children go after graduating in college? and where do they settle after?

what happens next?

I don't remember Kamachi writing a convenient plot device that after teenage years, someone someway their power would begone after it or if some contrived plot device that only girls can have that power and after becoming non-v they would lose such power.
Old 2020-02-01, 10:32   Link #28
Chosen_Hero

Japan just really likes their highschool settings to an uncomfortable degree.

So, Touma is finally becoming a villain who really hates donuts and is so broken that he is now imagining his problems as if they were older women destroying his delusions. Misaka is still being hunted by Tokiwadai with extreme prejudice and Index... is Index.
Old 2020-02-01, 10:44   Link #29
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Even if Kamachi moved the timeline further it probably won't help that much. biribiri would still be biribiribiribiribibiri touman and touman would still save a girl, just by walking on the street and when he comes home, he needs to feed his pet nun.

Though to be honest, I want to know the colleges in toaru. Kamachi hasn't expanded that much on what happen after the students graduates? where does the modified children go after graduating in college? and where do they settle after?

what happens next?

I don't remember Kamachi writing a convenient plot device that after teenage years, someone someway their power would begone after it or if some contrived plot device that only girls can have that power and after becoming non-v they would lose such power.
Think of Mahouka, characters are supposedly to be HS...
Old 2020-02-01, 11:51   Link #30
devil_slayer

Some of the characters in the "Classroom of the elite" look in their 30's.

If Kamachi is so hell-bent on keeping them student he should just move them to colleges years tbh.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of which, what will Touma do with Index once he finishes his school? Keep her as his pet forever?
Old 2020-02-01, 12:13   Link #31
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:

If Kamachi is so hell-bent on keeping them student he should just move them to colleges years tbh.

Speaking of which, what will Touma do with Index once he finishes his school? Keep her as his pet forever?
Oh right, those guys are practically gorillas with HS uniforms...

Regarding Index and Touma it's unlikely they'll part ways unless Kamachi wishes to mentally torture Touma(again )
Old 2020-02-01, 12:57   Link #32
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

Index would probably end up going back to Necesarius, she is practically one of the best candidates for their leadership due to the grimoires.
Old 2020-02-01, 14:44   Link #33
devil_slayer

Didn't Touma suggest this option to her in England and she refused? It's doesn't seems like she's interested at all.

Touma locks himself up in the bathroom because he's too much of a bitch to sleep with her in the same room every night yet he's happy to keep her with him. Never seen a relationship so bizzare lol.
Old 2020-02-01, 16:19   Link #34
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Didn't Touma suggest this option to her in England and she refused? It's doesn't seems like she's interested at all.

Touma locks himself up in the bathroom because he's too much of a bitch to sleep with her in the same room every night yet he's happy to keep her with him. Never seen a relationship so bizzare lol.
Well think about it, Necessarius is not going to just let the grimoire library just stay away indefinitely, also at the moment they have no reason to change her guardian and you have to take into account that Index is probably the most adequate character in that entire organization to become an Archbishop. It's only a matter of time until she returns to England to fulfill her duties in that organization, but considering how slow time moves in this series the status quo will he kept for quite a while since you know, highschool setting and status quo and all that crap the japanese love.

Hey, he isn't a bitch, he is a gentleman and kind of cockroach at this point, but still a gentleman nonetheless, a gentle-roach if you please.

I mean, this is kind of par the course for these types of Japanese series, MC has his life disrupted by a character, said character takes over his home and life leaving the MC to have to adapt to their needs and basically forgo their own, MC doesn't get any sort of reward, repeat ad nauseum until end of the series.

It would be great if Accelerator used his new position to help Touma and possibly raise his allowance just so that the poor guy can get something proper to eat.
Old 2020-02-01, 20:14   Link #35
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Index is no leader material and they just got an inmortal new shining leader to begin with.
Old 2020-02-01, 21:30   Link #36
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Good lord, just reading the whole preview makes me want to yell FUKOU DAAAAAA! out loud. This is NOT Touma's day, even by his standards, and my god, are they low!

So, those donuts are totally a magical item of some sort, right?

And yeah... where's Othi-tan?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-01, 21:32   Link #37
Chosen_Hero

^^I don't know, she is held in high regard by members of Necessarius and members of the Royal Family, pretty sure they would be fine with making her their Archbishop in flash, the only problem is that as she currently is she is too immature for the position. Why wouldn't they want someone with the knowledge of 103,001 grimoires as their head, especially considering that the reason Dion Fortune is their Archbishop is partly because she is more knowledgeable about magic then the average magician? As far as the story is concerned Index has the qualifications for being an Archbishop, also it doesn't hurt that Styil and Kanzaki are basically the right hands of the Archbishop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Good lord, just reading the whole preview makes me want to yell FUKOU DAAAAAA! out loud. This is NOT Touma's day, even by his standards, and my god, are they low!

So, those donuts are totally a magical item of some sort, right?

And yeah... where's Othi-tan?
Flying around on her pet Raven.
Old 2020-02-01, 22:00   Link #38
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Because of knowledge, not wisdom.
Old 2020-02-05, 08:12   Link #39
itine
No Book No Live

TL;DR…
Tankōbon Cover Obi
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
>Christmas arrives in Academy City!
>Will Kamijou Touma also find happiness!?
Y̶E̶S̶ / NO?

Last edited by itine; 2020-02-10 at 00:45.
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-05, 11:44   Link #40
Requiem-x
The slacking one

That question is so insulting at this point it turns around and becomes hilarious.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote