AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru... Index [LN/M] - Genesis Testament Volume 2 Rating
Perfect 10 5 27.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 11.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 27.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-07-14, 22:10   Link #41
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidzz View Post
i see that mean touma can use two power now image breaker and st Germain right ?
No, he partially lent his body to St. Germain.
And nothing matters in the end due to the Christmas Gift Touma received.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-14, 23:59   Link #42
Daft

Interesting to see that Anna's whole goal was to turn Touma back to how he was before he came to Academy City before Aleister started influencing him. That way she can determine what part of Touma is connected to his supernatural power. Man... now I'm interested in an in-depth Touma flashback. That would only happen if he got his memories back though.
Old 2020-07-15, 00:08   Link #43
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Aihana's appearance was totally random. This is a set up, I feel like Touma's solution to the R&C issue is going to set him against him.
I find it interesting that Aihana appeared both times Saint Germain has had a major role. Makes me curious if they're setting things up to be rivals or something.

Also, today's update was fabulous. Loved the Misaka/Misaki development and thought the ending stuff was great.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-15, 00:29   Link #44
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I wonder anyone paid attention to Anna's comment on Jesus Christ.
That explains a lot on the phase of Christianity.

Oh, and speaking of Aihana. He broke his policy and approached Touma out of concerned of Touma's safety, and already knowing that Touma won't listen to him.
Possibility of Aogami being No.6 intensifies? Because this really looks like something a bro would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
Interesting to see that Anna's whole goal was to turn Touma back to how he was before he came to Academy City before Aleister started influencing him. That way she can determine what part of Touma is connected to his supernatural power. Man... now I'm interested in an in-depth Touma flashback. That would only happen if he got his memories back though.
It is more than just that.
She wants to find out whether the immaculate Touma after being fully "optimized" can provide something new that won't bored her.
But as Touma pointed out, her problem is not because everything is boring. But rather she doesn't give a damn to everything and thus naturally everything appears boring to her.
Old 2020-07-15, 01:55   Link #45
Daft

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I wonder anyone paid attention to Anna's comment
Oh, and speaking of Aihana. He broke his policy and approached Touma out of concerned of Touma's safety, and already knowing that Touma won't listen to him.
Possibility of Aogami being No.6 intensifies? Because this really looks like something a bro would do.
I'm sure it occurred to a lot of people when they read that. No one wants to get excited over it though

Quote:
It is more than just that.
She wants to find out whether the immaculate Touma after being fully "optimized" can provide something new that won't bored her.
But as Touma pointed out, her problem is not because everything is boring. But rather she doesn't give a damn to everything and thus naturally everything appears boring to her.
I see. Makes sense regarding her fixation on only "originals" holding value to her.
Old 2020-07-15, 07:43   Link #46
salamander750

Quote:
And nothing matters in the end due to the Christmas Gift Touma received.
You mean the whistle?
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-15, 09:28   Link #47
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
You mean the whistle?
You should read the translation.
The gift Touma received is life.
Old 2020-07-15, 09:56   Link #48
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

This has been yet another enjoyable novel from Kamachi (he's been on a fairly solid run from NT18 onwards) and yet another character examination/exploration of Kamijou Touma.

I appreciate that the novel wastes no time getting straight to the point in the Prologue with Anna trolling Mikoto and setting up the immediate conflict. Even the supposed fluff in Chapter 1 (which I very much enjoyed) had purpose in lulling us into a false sense of security before hitting us hard with Kamijou's diagnosis:

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

What a gut punch.

Chapter 2 was full of Mikoto-Misaki shenanigans as they try to attack the magic brick wall, Anna Sprengel, by arming themselves with the AAA (which is immediately destroyed) and the Five Over (& OS) Model Case: Mental Out/s from NT11 (complete with Ayu's skimpy outfit) (both of which also get destroyed).

What was the aim of all of this outside of the immediate plot of GT2? My guess is the bonding of the two Level 5s in a scenario where their powers prove to be almost entirely useless. Their lack of magic knowledge really was their Achilles Heel this time around; more so than in any other previous volume as they had no one familiar with magic to guide them or get out of jail for free cards like in the side stories (including the recently destroyed AAA). Its been a good 50'ish volumes but now is the time to bring Misaka up to speed on magic.

Anyways, regarding Chapter 3 (minus the surprising re-appearance of Maidono Hoshimi); nothing but praise. Praise for Othinus taking the necessary dirty actions (or non-actions) so that Kamijou will end up surviving even if it breaks his modus operandi. In terms of the now well-defined harem of Index, Mikoto, Othinus and Misaki, Othinus continues to have the most meaningful, deep or heart-warming interactions with Kamijou (not to mention between any two characters in the entire franchise).

Brilliant. It reminded me of a similar scenario in NT3 between Accelerator and Birdway.

And then Othinus drops this little nugget right at the end to show that how capable she is as a magic god despite being de-powered and the size of a fairy:

I repeat. Best general interaction between two characters in the entire franchise.

And then comes the elephant in the room: Aihana Etsu. (henceforth addressed as a 'he' just coz its easier).

TL;DR…
Aihana Etsu questions and speculation

In their exchange, Kamijou comes off as incredibly charismatic in his refutation but the narration makes it clear that Aihana was the one in the right and that Kamijou knew it. Which makes this scenario mirror OT16's scene with Kamijou and Mikoto. Only this time, Aihana isn't going to go full dere for him. Which makes me wonder if Mikoto kept getting in Kamijou's way in OT16 if he would have eventually punched her as well.

All of Aihana's criticisms of Kamijou were spot on; he is a certified hypocrite with a gigantic dose of charisma. I had some conflicting feelings on how Kamijou ended his confrontation with Aihana as he seems to relish in his hypocrisy in an unhealthy way. He's a complete idiot... until...

Fucking wow!! That's the most Kamijou-like course of action I've seen in ages. The hint was there even going back to his conversation with Othinus earlier in the chapter.

And now, he's leaned into fully letting St. Germain use magic in his body through is left hand. I swear, Kamijou is just a gift that keeps on giving.

Can't wait for the conclusion!

Last edited by OH&S; 2020-07-16 at 22:08.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-16, 20:43   Link #49
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
snip
I really like your take, like pretty much everything about it. I prefer Misaki to Othinus, but also agree that Othinus so far has the deepest interactions with him. I was also flummoxed by chapter 3 until... Kamijou was being Kamijou. I'm in love with that plot twist.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2020-07-17, 04:17   Link #50
itine
No Book No Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
wtf!? something is spreading from his left!
Images
2 days = 2 vols?
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 12:13   Link #51
IndexOfIdeas

now i wonder if with the help of St. Germain will Touma remember Misaki?

That would be the greatest X-Mas gift for Misaki.

Mahouka, Overlord, Arifureta, Ark, LMS, SHieldBro

PM me if u can recommend me to some good light novel that are already fan translated thank u
IndexOfIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 19:20   Link #52
tsunade666

That won't happen with how much touma is rejecting on getting helps from others not involve. Which made it more annoying if you ask me. I want to punch him there with how much he rejects it.
Old 2020-07-18, 03:01   Link #53
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
That won't happen with how much touma is rejecting on getting helps from others not involve. Which made it more annoying if you ask me. I want to punch him there with how much he rejects it.
Hey, I just realized, I just developed an interesting theory. Couldn't the #6 give Misaki the power to restore Touma's memories??? I wonder if that was foreshadowed based on the events in this volume.

Old 2020-07-18, 03:49   Link #54
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Hey, I just realized, I just developed an interesting theory. Couldn't the #6 give Misaki the power to restore Touma's memories??? I wonder if that was foreshadowed based on the events in this volume.
I don't know. its more of brain damage that can't retain memories than actually restore memories. The brain is the one needs repairing >_> which is a bulls"it if you ask me. With how other damages been fixing and restored lately but this one can't be fix. Plot convenience.
Old 2020-07-18, 04:03   Link #55
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I don't know. its more of brain damage that can't retain memories than actually restore memories. The brain is the one needs repairing >_> which is a bulls"it if you ask me. With how other damages been fixing and restored lately but this one can't be fix. Plot convenience.
I disagree. If Misaki becomes the ideal version of herself, which means being remembered by Touma and being a part of his life and restoring her place in it, that would mean being able to restore his brain I'm pretty sure. Otherwise, how could Touma just restore his own memories by accepting the power.

Old 2020-07-18, 06:23   Link #56
dragon1412

The case with Misaki is rather abnormal, it is implied that something is actively prevent Touma from remembering instead of just damage in the brain.

Aihana Etsu also note an interesting point :"as long as you arrange the necessary conditions in this city" and Touma can get his memory, so what is the necessary conditions, It's clearly more than just being Touma Ideal self. And the words also implied that the City itself is connect to Touma and Misaki memory issue. At the very least, it's seem to be not simple damage to Touma unlike Index case
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 10:52   Link #57
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Aihana Etsu also note an interesting point :"as long as you arrange the necessary conditions in this city" and Touma can get his memory, so what is the necessary conditions, It's clearly more than just being Touma Ideal self. And the words also implied that the City itself is connect to Touma and Misaki memory issue. At the very least, it's seem to be not simple damage to Touma unlike Index case
I can't help think but its all part of the plan (Keikaku) of Aleister of what happen on that night and it's not coincidence or fate but something man made event.
Old 2020-07-18, 11:51   Link #58
IndexOfIdeas

with all this brain talks i really get the feeling that Misaki will have a bigger role later in the series.

Mahouka, Overlord, Arifureta, Ark, LMS, SHieldBro

PM me if u can recommend me to some good light novel that are already fan translated thank u
IndexOfIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 12:20   Link #59
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Here I was thinking, translations had only begun and they were three chapters in. Really good stuff all around, even if the middle part can be summarized as "there was an attempt.jpg" Still, more of Misaki being a good girl is never a bad thing. Kamachi really should have the two of them fight Kamisato's harem at some point just to provide a more balanced match-up, this one was really unfair.

Quote:
I repeat. Best general interaction between two characters in the entire franchise.
I tend to think this for most big scenes between Touma and Othinus, but this one really stood out. Gave a great feeling of tension without angsty, and ended the only way Touma could end it. Guess now we know what would happen if Salome goes too far

God, we really needed a character like Othinus. And I say it as Index is actually contributing in this volume.

Quote:

Fucking wow!! That's the most Kamijou-like course of action I've seen in ages. The hint was there even going back to his conversation with Othinus earlier in the chapter.

And now, he's leaned into fully letting St. Germain use magic in his body through is left hand. I swear, Kamijou is just a gift that keeps on giving.

Can't wait for the conclusion!
Can always count on Touma to provide crazy. Speaking of, chapter 4 is done now, and it is a good one.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 13:23   Link #60
Daft

So St. Germain killed himself to save Touma. That's the first time that has happened right? The Magic Gods saved Othinus because they did not want her death to affect his personality. Guess we'll see what happens next book when he wakes up. And good lord, Anna goes to jail just so she can taunt Accelerator while she takes a pit stop. She is rapidly trying to cement herself as the biggest douche in this series lol .