AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru... Index [LN/M] - Genesis Testament Volume 3 Rating
Perfect 10 2 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 30.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-10-17, 08:18   Link #21
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
He has the parameter list.
Rikou is meant to be a walking AC.
His existence is like a bug in the system for anyone who comes near him so no, he's not going away at this point .
I'm pretty sure the Parameter list got destroyed during NT vol 16--17
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-17, 12:56   Link #22
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalvin_billster1091 View Post
I'm pretty sure the Parameter list got destroyed during NT vol 16--17
The chip contains the data was damaged but I am 100% positive that a certain girl in Judgement can recover the data - If Hamazura run into her in next volume.
Old 2020-10-17, 15:48   Link #23
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Even if Hamazura could recover the Parameter list I'm not sure it would get him or (especially) ITEM amnesty at this point. Skipping town might be his only real option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
At least, if Kuroko come after them with teleportation , Rikou can predict/pinpoint Kuroko's movement and might even able to interrupt or mess with teleportation somehow.
Given Kuroko's most recent fights in Railgun its really not likely to go Rikou's way.

I'd like to see level 5 Rikou but I get the impression that unless she goes back to the lab/school or (and?) there's some sort of tragedy her skill has plateaued. And we have the true Aihana Etsu now... maybe...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-17, 17:25   Link #24
Twi

Yeah, Kuroko's antics might frustrate me, but if it comes down to a fight I'd put her among probably the best the Science Side has to offer. Considering her fight during the Jailbreaker Arc, she could just physically beat the crap out of Rikou and Hamazura.
Old 2020-10-18, 11:32   Link #25
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Rikou is abnormally strong and ever since ww3 her condition has been steadily improving. Her power might affect Shirai's teleport like throwing off her coordinates to affect her landing point.
Hamazura's Skill Out, fighting espers was his specialty.
The PL isn't destroyed just damaged and if there's a chance then it can be recovered, specifically because it's AC.
Old 2020-10-18, 15:19   Link #26
Twi

She might be abnormally strong, but Kuroko is still a more efficient fighter with or without her powers. If she notices someone messing with her powers, she'll work around that until she deals with the person who did it unlike someone less competent. And Hamazura's more of a survivor to me, rather than being capable of fighting an Esper who routinely throws down with other espers, Skill Out, and whatever nonsense that she gets involved in with Mikoto. He beat Mugino, so he gets points for that, but she was pretty unstable every time they met after she underestimated him the first time.

I mean, I think they'll get away from her for the first quarter of the story, then have to work together against whatever threat pops up for the rest, but Kuroko's probably the most terrifying person on the Light Side they can send after someone. She won't kill you because she's not that kind of person, but the girl is relentless.

The Parameter List might be the reason that he's being chased now that I think about it. That data is far too valuable and considering how many lines we've seen the directors crossed, it wouldn't surprise me if one wanted to get it before leaving AC to start their own place.
Old 2020-10-19, 09:56   Link #27
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Rikou is abnormally strong and ever since ww3 her condition has been steadily improving. Her power might affect Shirai's teleport like throwing off her coordinates to affect her landing point.
Kuroko ending up in a wall seems like a bad time all around...

More importantly though -- what you're suggesting implies Rikou powering up this volume since she hasn't really shown much "strength" since she stopped doping. Which honestly seems more pertinent than any potential fight, especially since Rikou's abilities are mostly support. An 8th level 5 would be game changing. I don't know if I agree Rikou is due for a power up though, and I kind of doubt she'll get to level 5 without some tragedy. I guess we'll see though.
Old 2020-10-19, 11:28   Link #28
Twi

Personally, I think the Author isn't really pushing towards adding another Level 5 yet. I mean, there are how many Level 5 candidates now being held back by one thing in particular that never really gets addresssed?

Awaki is only hampered by her trauma and as far as I know she hasn't made any headway on that aside from getting her legs caught in the ground and ripping them out at the jail to protect her morality pet.

That new girl who wants to serve Touma and was added to the Harem in Volume 1 (we all know its true) is only held back because she lacks precision and they "optimized" her. Heaven Canceller has trouble with Brain Injuries so I'm not sure if he can fix her, but in terms of raw power she's basically a Level 5.

Rikou is supposed to have the capability to push to Level 5 now that she's cured but has she had anything that would push her since OT into filling in that slot?

It also doesn't help that... well, Level 5s aren't top-tier anymore. I mean, in the OT a Level 5 was something to praise and be in awe of (and Mikoto continues to impress in her spin-off), but we've reached a point where we have 2 Level 5s lamenting that they aren't strong enough to deal with the baseline threat they're dealing with called Anna.

And there's only a handful of ways they can even improve further:

1.) Awakening: Something that is not easy and Mikoto can't even access that level of power without losing herself entirely halfway there. Maybe if she merged with the Will of the Network?

2.) Technology: What the A.A.A and Fiver_Over were. Both of which got scrapped against Anna. I honestly can't think of any technology that can one-up those at present.

3.) Magic: Will kill them if they use directly, as we've been reminded, but maybe some kind of mini-Index or Demon like Accelerator so they at least know what they're dealing with?

4.) Rikou: Maybe if she manipulates their AIM she can change it to something new, but I honestly don't see that happening too often since it'd push her into being used as a tool, which Hamazura was trying to avoid.
Old 2020-10-19, 19:59   Link #29
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

A.A.A. and Five_Over were both 'borrowed' tech, and Misaki using the Mental Out model was... kind of redundant. Being locked to their element/skill if they're in a bad matchup is one of espers' biggest disadvantages vs magic side I think. And regardless of mods A.A.A. is still Kihara tech running on Aleister's magic, so I imagine Mikoto will have to find a way to rebuild it from zero in the near future.

I can't help but wonder if Rikou could do something with Multi-skill at level 5...
Old 2020-10-20, 06:31   Link #30
Twi

I think the Mental Out model was meant to be a pseudo-replacement for losing Exterior, but I don't think being locked to their skill is a real problem for Mikoto given how much versatility she has. Electricity, Magnetism, and Iron Sand weapon and puppets, Hacking, etc. In her case, its probably just a matter of power-output on top of actually understanding concepts of magic or giving her electricity properties that can actually hurt magical constructs and such. Like if she rebuilt the A.A.A but used the Will of the network since that's basically a pseudo-Angel and was capable of existing even as the Phases were shifting when Othinus was casually destroying and creating worlds to mess with Touma.

Misaki, on the other hand, is utterly boned if whatever she tries to control isn't human and has safeguards against it, which a bunch of magicians do (albeit leaving them frozen in place). In a way it sort of fits. I think her gimmick with getting a clique is that she finds people who shine while working together (then again, I'm getting this from Astral Buddy) and her talent work best when she's working with Mikoto so they can do things like the Liquid Railgun.
Old 2020-10-21, 15:44   Link #31
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Ehhh... power output wouldn't have helped against someone like Salome and as far as High Priest its RPG 101 that earth is really strong against electricity. More than being overpowered its being neutralized that is Mikoto's biggest weakness. Also, I don't think the Five_Over is remotely comparable to Exterior, but its plausible it was upgraded. I didn't get that impression from reading though.

Everybody seems a lot more into teamwork so far in GT so that seems to be the biggest powerup, although I guess we'll find out in a few weeks if that extends to dark side.
Old 2020-10-26, 13:18   Link #32
itine
No Book No Live

"In Academy City, Dark Side collapses. The new Board Chairman Accelerato…<snip>

Souyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index (3)
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Illustration: Haimura Kiyotaka
Released on November 10th
Physical copy: 670 yen + tax
Digital copy: 670 yen + tax
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 05:55   Link #33
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

The novel preview is out and translated. Quite the tense, action-packed start to the chaos.

Hamazura ain't playing around this time around.

But seriously, what's going on? Is this all really part of Accelerator's plan? Or are the Anti-Skill officers getting away with straight up murder?

EDIT: Also, a very brief appearance by Etzali and Xochitl as well as referencing Tochtli still in the hospital.

Last edited by OH&S; 2020-11-03 at 07:11.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 10:33   Link #34
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
But seriously, what's going on? Is this all really part of Accelerator's plan? Or are the Anti-Skill officers getting away with straight up murder?
I highly doubt this was a part of Accel's plan. I suspect the Anti-Skill officers are using the Nicholas coins just like Hamazura did.

Quote:
Also, a very brief appearance by Etzali and Xochitl as well as referencing Tochtli still in the hospital.
He's still using Unabara's face lol. Wonder what happened to that guy?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 14:50   Link #35
Twi

If I was him, I'd be paranoid knowing that someone who tried to gut me was walking around with my face like a doppelganger.

I legitimately can't think of why Etzali keeps up the false appearance at this point, though.
Old 2020-11-03, 15:03   Link #36
Tenzen12

I sort of asumed he is keeping it because he feel sentimental about his young love.

Or he's just to lazy get new ID, bank account and library card...
Old 2020-11-03, 15:39   Link #37
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
If I was him, I'd be paranoid knowing that someone who tried to gut me was walking around with my face like a doppelganger.
It'd be a shame if Anti-Skill kills him because they think he's in the dark side.

Quote:
I legitimately can't think of why Etzali keeps up the false appearance at this point, though.
Tochtli mentioned that it's because it's useful for seducing women for his job. He's not in the Dark Side anymore (I think) but maybe he just likes being hot?

Old 2020-11-03, 16:20   Link #38
Twi

Ugh... I'm kind of unhappy how the prologue starts though.

Spoiler:

And on that note:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Twi; 2020-11-03 at 18:12.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 22:56   Link #39
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Remember that sparks affect luck and misfortune, and sparks are the cause of Aleister's despair.
It's safe to guess that Nicholas' Gold Coins are spark manipulators, and they cause fortune for its owner at the cost of absolute misfortune for someone else.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-04, 00:38   Link #40
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

It could be that too. It would be just like Anna to spread stuff like that around AC just to spite Aleister. The nonchalance of Anti-Skill does make me think they're doing it deliberately though.