Old 2013-06-05, 18:54   Link #364
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sony showcasing 40+ games at E3
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 20:22   Link #365
Destined_Fate

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=3110

[Two of our most trusted neoGAF insiders have said that Microsoft is reacting hard to what has went down, and so they're going to try to dismantle PS4's image as a "for gamers" console by paying publishers and devs the to not show their multiplatform titles during E3 on a PS4. In other words, even if the multiplatform version is coming out for the PS4, they won't be able to show them at E3, thus contributing to the perception that somehow Sony is getting significantly less support for PS4 than Microsoft is "for gamers."

Of course, I'm sure multiplatform games will slip through - they can't possibly pay everyone - but it's extremely telling how they're choosing to spend their money. Rather than do the thing everyone wants, which is end the anti-consumer nonsense, they'll spend their time trying to deceive everyone instead. That should say it all about Microsoft since this year started]

Since they're showing 40+ games I'm assuming this was just a dry rumor.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 20:29   Link #366
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Or better yet, Sony has a competitive quantity of exclusives well-pepped and ready for E3.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 21:25   Link #367
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Do wonder how much Microsoft will have to pay developers undertake an action that will damage their own sales? Is pretty sad though if that is actually true.
Old 2013-06-05, 21:36   Link #368
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

While that number looks promising, I don't really hold my breath for its, though. Best bet would be about 3 or 4 that's worth waiting for.
Old 2013-06-05, 23:40   Link #369
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's always a matter of hoping that the mix would be good.

How many of those 40+ games would be divided between PS3,4 & V?

And between those split of games per platform, how many are :

- Indie games
- Vapourware ( or titles that would still be in development for 5+ years )
- Games that you give zero fucks about ( move, sports, racing, etc )
- Multi-platforms
- Good exclusives
- Mediocre/bad exclusives

A large number is always reassuring though, given that there's definitely a certain amount of games not shown in E3 that will be shown in TGS instead. ( especially for Playstation more so than XBox. )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2013-06-05, 23:47   Link #370
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hey if I could walk away with 3-4 game titles checked on my calendar I'm a happy enough camper

If I were to be optimistic, I'm hoping to walk away with at least one fifth of them that I'm looking forward to.
Old 2013-06-06, 07:38   Link #371
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hey if I could walk away with 3-4 game titles checked on my calendar I'm a happy enough camper
Yeah, seriously. It's the launch lineup. Look back at previous systems and think about how many launch titles you actually wanted, rather than made do with. I think my average is 1-2 games within the launch window (which I believe is around 3 months), so if the PS4 can get twice that number I'd call it a victory.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 08:09   Link #372
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Do wonder how much Microsoft will have to pay developers undertake an action that will damage their own sales? Is pretty sad though if that is actually true.
It makes no sense, in my opinion.

E3 is a trade event, not a consumer one. Journalist & the bunch of them aren't stupid, they're not going to go and report multi-plat games as exclusives, it'll only destroy their news credibility.

And the console's not readily available any time soon, the games being announced won't be ready any time soon, and there's a ton of news that will continue to stream out in the tons of game events that will be hosted globally, which in no way could Microsoft pay for ALL of the showings.

Even as a noise-strategy to amplify the good news to clear away the bad news, it's no longer effective, especially towards the gamer community, due to the tons of ways knowledge of games are being marketed, online or on-ground.

Old 2013-06-06, 08:28   Link #373
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=3110

[Two of our most trusted neoGAF insiders have said that Microsoft is reacting hard to what has went down, and so they're going to try to dismantle PS4's image as a "for gamers" console by paying publishers and devs the to not show their multiplatform titles during E3 on a PS4. In other words, even if the multiplatform version is coming out for the PS4, they won't be able to show them at E3, thus contributing to the perception that somehow Sony is getting significantly less support for PS4 than Microsoft is "for gamers."

Of course, I'm sure multiplatform games will slip through - they can't possibly pay everyone - but it's extremely telling how they're choosing to spend their money. Rather than do the thing everyone wants, which is end the anti-consumer nonsense, they'll spend their time trying to deceive everyone instead. That should say it all about Microsoft since this year started]

If there's any truth to this rumor, I don't think that Microsoft is trying to do anything too manipulative or vindictive. It's more likely that they know that the games on the Xbox One are not as far along as the PS4 versions. And that it'd be bad if reporters note that out of 30+ multiplatform titles at the convention, all of them look noticeably better on the PS4. This seems to indicate Microsoft's desperation and lack of confidence in their own product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It's always a matter of hoping that the mix would be good.

How many of those 40+ games would be divided between PS3,4 & V?
We already know what a good number of these titles are already: there are what, twenty or so PS3 and Vita titles already announced for a 2013-2014 release. Of the remainder, we know of a dozen or more PS4 games, so the remainder will be a bunch of new PS4 or Vita announcements. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony ran out of time and room showcase all of those games.
Old 2013-06-06, 08:31   Link #374
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

Sounds like BS, to me, for one specific reason, publishers still have to pay licensing fees to the console makers, if they want to release a title onto their consoles. That means they don't need to satisfy sony's, MS's or nintendo's needs, if they don't want to. So unless MS made some pubs a generous offer, I cannot see any of that happening. Publishers aren't going to shoot themselves in the feet, for short term financial gains, if there is a long term benefit for them on the other hand, that would be different, see EA and MS partnership.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:26   Link #375
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
- Games that you give zero fucks about ( move, sports, racing, etc )
You do realize that sports and racing games are enormously popular, right?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:30   Link #376
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Mostly for casual and the likes of dudebros; as for the rest of us- zero fucks about.
Old 2013-06-06, 09:32   Link #377
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I do.

I just don't care for them.

Old 2013-06-06, 10:10   Link #378
4Tran

Sony has such a large variety of titles coming out on their various platforms that it seems a bit silly to worry about a lack in any particular genre. Here's an example of a newly-announced release that may never even show up at E3 (at least not in Sony's section):

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...merican-debut/

Old 2013-06-06, 10:44   Link #379
kyp275
Meh

^
dang, I bought DIVA f for the Vita, but if it's coming out for the PS3, I'll have to get myself a copy if only to support Miku :3
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 11:25   Link #380
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mostly for casual and the likes of dudebros; as for the rest of us- zero fucks about.
E3 may be more followed by the hardcore gamers, but that is not a valid reason to not showcase some of the most popular games... And if some of the most popular titles are purchased only by the casual gamers and 'dudebros,' apparently the hardcore gaming community is a lot smaller than I thought...

Quote:
I just don't care for them.
Well, that's different, then.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote