AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 11:12   Link #61
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Gay aside, I sure hope this show is worth all the attention it's getting and is going to get.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:16   Link #62
Sumeragi
Banned

Excellent!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:19   Link #63
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
It's precisely because KyoAni (and Animation Do by extension) does whatever they want to do that this swimming anime will likely never be a full-fledged series. Their CMs are just big dong-waving displays that demonstrate what they can do to potential producers like Aniplex, and this doesn't necessarily correspond with what they actually want to do. Only a production company with money will ever convince KyoAni to animate something that isn't an original in-house creation like Tamako Market. This Crunchyroll online petition is a sad joke that's going nowhere.
Haha, look at this stupid faggot.

Okay, seriously, I still stand by my opinion that this anime being greenlighted has absolutely nothing to do with the online petition or any of the popularity the Animation Do CM got. All we have here is a nice, convenient coincidence.

And I really don't see any reason I shouldn't try watching this.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:21   Link #64
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:

Okay, seriously, I still stand by my opinion that this anime being greenlighted has absolutely nothing to do with the online petition or any of the popularity the Animation Do CM got. All we have here is a nice, convenient coincidence.

It's not an opinion, it's a pure fact. Anime production takes year(s) to complete. It's impossible for a TV series to be completed/air 4 months following the reaction to a CM. The CM was promotion of a different nature; that's all.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:22   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Yeah, I remember how some people did praise her work in episode 21 around here. Looking back, she also worked on episode 7, which also makes a lot of sense now in retrospective I do think her work is quite noticeable and has a unique, witty style to it. I haven’t watched them in a while now, but every episode she seemed to work on had a more fun factor to them relative to the rest of the show. Maybe it was due to the visual gags used in them, since I remember some noticing them and pointing them out.

Looking forward to what she can do once she has full control. I expect this to be a really fun show to watch visually (more so than usual).
I can't deny that hearing the director did episode 21 of Hyouka does do a lot for my hopes, as that was absolutely one of the subtlest and most emotionally realistic anime episodes I've ever seen. Of course the source material surely had a lot to do with that, but it's still good to hear.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:28   Link #66
kuromitsu

Wow, look at the usual crowd freaking out, feeling ZOMG BETRAYED and hating on fujoshi...

Anyway, finally KyoAni does something I'm interested in, I hope the writer/director will have the right amount of humor and self-awareness to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Right because series with large female fan bases have never sold

Uta Pri
Tiger and Bunny
Natsume Yuujinchou
Dururara
Kuroko no Basket

Nope Nope Nope
To say nothing of certain silly otome game adaptations whose merchandise regularly lands in the top 10 daily/top 15 weekly lists on Oricon... Female fans are, and have always been, just as willing to spend their money on what they want as male fans.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-04-26 at 15:10. Reason: typo
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:34   Link #67
Helius

The first episode. I'll see the first episode at the very least, but I seriously fear what will happen afterwards is I'm turning gay, I'm turning gay, I really think so.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:35   Link #68
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
You guys are so hypocrite - millions of moeblob and harem anime are completely okay, but once the ladies finally gets a treat suddenly KyoAni betrays you? You act like the anime industry belongs only to you, it's the same problem with the game industry.
When a girl is stripped to her underwear it's awesome, but when it's a guy it's suddenly fandisservice? That's what's called Double Standard. Ugly, sexist double standard.
Actually, both are boring for me. I prefer a mixed female/male cast with an actually freaking story (it's pretty obvious that this will be character-driven show rather than plot-driven). Heck, even though I'm not its biggest fan, Haruhi would have been much better than this(or than any "moe" show, with guys or girls).

So yea, won't be watching this, another anime that KyoAni does that I'm not interested in...sigh.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:43   Link #69
Dop
Mmmm....

Does anyone posting here actually know the slightest iota of what this is about?

Or are people content to base their entire impression of the series on a 1:40 trailer which just introduces the characters?
I suspect it's the latter. The amount of homophobia in reactions to this show dismays me.

I'll watch it. I'll give it the same three episode test I give to anything else.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:49   Link #70
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Does anyone posting here actually know the slightest iota of what this is about?

Or are people content to base their entire impression of the series on a 1:40 trailer which just introduces the characters?
I suspect it's the latter. The amount of homophobia in reactions to this show dismays me.

I'll watch it. I'll give it the same three episode test I give to anything else.
There is no grounds for homophobia because KyoAni doesn't do anything truly sexual these days. What you are seeing isn't homophobia, but people frightened that Kyoani might actually gain a new audience willing to spend money that isn't themselves. People are mad not because of sexuality but that they aren't getting anime they want to watch.

There are a lot of different anime KyoAni can make. They choose to do something different this time, which means anyone who wanted something else gets mad.
Old 2013-04-26, 11:52   Link #71
Kirarakim

I think most people are hoping for character development both in terms of the sports aspect and friendship aspect and not just boys jumping into the pool (well okay people might want more than friendship but that probably won't happen)

This is just a PV so I don't expect them to reveal all that just yet though.
Old 2013-04-26, 12:01   Link #72
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There is no grounds for homophobia because KyoAni doesn't do anything truly sexual these days. What you are seeing isn't homophobia, but people frightened that Kyoani might actually gain a new audience willing to spend money that isn't themselves. People are mad not because of sexuality but that they aren't getting anime they want to watch.

There are a lot of different anime KyoAni can make. They choose to do something different this time, which means anyone who wanted something else gets mad.
You could use a similar argument for every "cute girls doing cute things" anime that KyoAni has done . People get mad no matter what when anime is made that isn't catered towards them. I guess Free also caught people by surprise which is probably why it's getting a much stronger reaction than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Wow, look at the usual crowd freaking out, feeling ZOMG BETRAYED and hating on fujoshi...

Anyway, finally KyoAni does something I'm interested in, I hope the writer/director will have the right amount of humor and self-awareness to make it work.
Utsumi has a good reputation (is it due to Hyouka 21?) and the series composer is doing Hataraku Maou-sama this season. I'd say the show is in pretty good hands.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:05   Link #73
scineram

Quote:

There is more. Was.
scineram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:08   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hope there will be plenty of bromance.
Old 2013-04-26, 12:15   Link #75
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

So can any moon rune reader tell us anything about the inspiration for the show? What was High Speed! about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I can't deny that hearing the director did episode 21 of Hyouka does do a lot for my hopes, as that was absolutely one of the subtlest and most emotionally realistic anime episodes I've ever seen.
Personally, I'm partial to episode 22 :P

I'm speculating that it will be closer overall to the light hearted (might not be the best term to use, but I'm a bit tired) tones of 7, 15 and 21 from Hyouka, though I do imagine that we will be getting some impactful moments here and there by the end (certainly, the premise is flexible enough to allow that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Of course the source material surely had a lot to do with that, but it's still good to hear.
I think that Hyouka as a whole had some pretty solid foundation for the anime's team to build upon, but I still believe that the wow factor that managed to impress is unique to the anime.

Which is why this is really exciting. It's always good to see someone new take the helms, not only because its interesting to see what the new talent has in store once they are put in charge (and from the glimpses we seen, it's p.good), but also because with such a flexible setting and premise I cant wait to see what sort of thing the team has to display.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2013-04-26 at 12:25.
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:23   Link #76
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

KyaAni disappointed me once more. All hope for Kyoukai no Kanata
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:30   Link #77
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I do have one more thing to say. KyoAni should have tried to create a more easily searched title for this show. I have been trying to gather people's reactions to the news online, but typing "Free!" in the search engine is an act of futility.
Old 2013-04-26, 12:32   Link #78
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

To say nothing of certainy silly otome game adaptations whose merchandise regularly lands in the top 10 daily/top 15 weekly lists on Oricon... Female fans are, and have always been, just as willing to spend their money on what they want as male fans.
I hope they make it at least with half of the fun UtaPri has or else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudenvy View Post
Yet so right, because I can hear the pained screams of otakus while watching it.
And imagining Miyano's smexy voice, of course.
Actually, they love Miyano >=D
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:40   Link #79
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I do have one more thing to say. KyoAni should have tried to create a more easily searched title for this show. I have been trying to gather people's reactions to the news online, but typing "Free!" in the search engine is an act of futility.
Free? Nope. Free anime? Hey Crunchyroll.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:43   Link #80
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Goddamn, people are so mad from this announcement. Not here specifically, but all over the internetz.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, fabulous, sports, water animation