AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-09-08, 21:49   Link #1621
Hata
時の異邦人

book is not out until 13th, there are only the prelude and chapter 1 from test read, which says nothing except they are going to the desert.
Old 2019-09-09, 08:00   Link #1622
AP24

New trailer for the special episode is out, it's clear it will cover Vol 5. I wonder how long will it be since it took 12 TV episodes to cover 2 LN volumes.

Vol 4 is short stories so it's okay for the anime to skip it but is it okay to skip Vol 3? Even if Vol 3 will be adapted, would it be a problem if Vol 5 is covered first?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-10, 07:16   Link #1623
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabit View Post
any possible romance so far? Elf archer is best girl
While there are hints and interaction here and there, Goblin Slayer is ultimately not about romance. You have better luck looking somewhere else.

But I think the party could interact more with each other for a change of pace, like exploring other members for once.
The formula whith goblins needing to die and priestess growing up starts to get old, and priestess is not compelling on top of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
New trailer for the special episode is out, it's clear it will cover Vol 5. I wonder how long will it be since it took 12 TV episodes to cover 2 LN volumes.

Vol 4 is short stories so it's okay for the anime to skip it but is it okay to skip Vol 3? Even if Vol 3 will be adapted, would it be a problem if Vol 5 is covered first?

My guess is that they want to focus on action.
Volume 3 is a light hearted story about a festival, where a fight is just thrown in more or less, so that the audience has some action.

Volume 5 on the other hand is action packed. There you have a battle practically from the start, on top of that the premise and environment is more compelling. The party infiltrates and takes out an entire fortress. From an action perspective it is more promising than a festival if you want to see some combat and strategies.
With that in mind I would have chosen Volume 5 over Volume 3 as well.

I speculate that it will be a longer movie, like a couple of episodes that are strung together. It would work better that way, since I think the anime suffered heavily from all the shortenings to make everything fit in 12 episodes.
Questman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-11, 04:07   Link #1624
francescoG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questman View Post
It would work better that way,
Only if this "movie" is not less than 90 minutes in total. In tv serie they use about 100-120 minutes for volume.....
francescoG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-11, 06:57   Link #1625
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by francescoG1 View Post
Only if this "movie" is not less than 90 minutes in total. In tv serie they use about 100-120 minutes for volume.....
No? TV series episodes are usually 23/24 minutes long, with around 3 minutes on opening and ending, leaving 20 for episode itself. Adaptation of one LN volume take usually around 3/4 episodes depending on series so that's 60 or 80 minutes per volume. So 90 minutes movie would be nice, but they can adapt whole LN volume even in shorter time.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-11, 07:28   Link #1626
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
No? TV series episodes are usually 23/24 minutes long, with around 3 minutes on opening and ending, leaving 20 for episode itself. Adaptation of one LN volume take usually around 3/4 episodes depending on series so that's 60 or 80 minutes per volume. So 90 minutes movie would be nice, but they can adapt whole LN volume even in shorter time.
They only covered 2 volumes in 12 episodes. So it was 120 minutes per volume in the TV anime.
Old 2019-09-11, 08:46   Link #1627
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by francescoG1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Quote:
They only covered 2 volumes in 12 episodes. So it was 120 minutes per volume in the TV anime.

Let's not split hairs by calculating the amount of minutes every episode took.
I think I need to explain what I was thinking (mind you, thinking, I could be wrong of course).

The issue with the Goblin Slayer anime is structure. I mean a lot of segments where too short and at times all over the place. There were a lot of scenes where I had no idea what is going on if I had not read the novels.

A volume is not quite one big story, but it contains rather smaller stories with a different fokus. Some volumes are straight forward (volume 5 comes in mind), others vary a lot (volume 2).

The anime tried to tell too many story segments and had to shorten a lot of them to stay within the alotted time, that was a mistake in my eyes. I would tell less story segments and in return expand the segments I want to tell.
Goblin Slayer does not work well if you rush everything (though I guess it goes for storytelling in general).

So I hope the movie focuses purely on volume 5 and expands as much as possible. It should work since volume 5 is straight forward. It is about the fortress and only the forttress, so no sideplot elements you have to consider.

In short: I think Goblin Slayer Volumes should be done as movies, since with episodes there are too many cuts and the segments are too short.
Old 2019-09-12, 04:38   Link #1628
Wheeljack83

If you are reading Goblin Slayer hoping he ends up with your favorite best girl waifu, you're reading the wrong story.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-12, 05:03   Link #1629
Tenzen12

GB is story of rehabilitation and reintegration into society, I think there is good chance Orgbolg ends with Cow girl eventually as last step of process .

But yes HEA is unambiguously best girl and it would be awesome if she somehow managed win without hurting story.
Old 2019-09-14, 20:31   Link #1630
Wheeljack83

Spoiler:
Old 2019-09-14, 20:43   Link #1631
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post
Spoiler:
You're forgetting the biggest spoiler of all.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-03, 14:11   Link #1632
Twi

Volume 8 is out now on Amazon.
Old 2020-01-21, 21:49   Link #1633
AP24

Synopsis for Vol 12 suggests it will be a collection of short stories
Old 2020-01-22, 07:00   Link #1634
Questman

Quote:
If those stories tell me new things about the characters and develop them, then it is actually great to have short stories once in a while.

But if there is too much retrospective stuff and characters 'passing time', or random people nobody cares about, then it will suck.

Volume 4 was a mixture of everything.
Priestess and Cowgirl hanging out together was great, because they told new things about themselves and about Goblin Slayer.
The part were GS, Heavy Swordsman and Spearman conquered a tower was my favorite.

High Elf Archer playing tabletop games with Guild Girl and buying underwear was mediocre with a tendency of beeing pointless. The underwear stuff is fan service (which has no value to me) and them playing a game is kind of interesting, but kind of pointless, too.
The story how HEA, Dwarf and Lizard Priest met has value, but it was not something that spectacular.

The village boy and his big sister were totally irrelevant. The kind of story you can leave out without anyone noticing it.
The waitress story has no value either. I don't read a story about goblin slaying to see how a waitress wants to figure out the favorite meal of the protagonist, becaue the waitress herself is not important enough.

If the short stories are like my first examples, I will gladly buy it. Too much fan service and random characters you see once and never again (or once a blue moon), and the book is a waste of time.

I ask everyone, how did all of you perceive Volume 4? Since the good outweighs the bad, I think volume 4 is good. But it has some glaring flaws like the village boy and the waitress story. How about all of you?
Old 2020-01-29, 16:46   Link #1635
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
10 stories, old combo upgraded (newbie warrior->stick warrior), new combo (Female Knight+Witch+Priestess+HEA), revisit (Heavy Warrior+lancer+GS), etc.

Book 12 cover

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4815603332/

===================
There is nothing wrong killing goblins in a dungeon.
— Kumo Kagyu

But something must be wrong trying to pick up goblins?
— Fujino Ōmori

GA bunko cross over, GS characters as playable in Danmachi game memoria, Dungeon & Goblin. script by both original authors,

https://twitter.com/danmachimemoria/...31221271986178

Game action, GS+Priestess combo

https://youtu.be/nVKSrwFs-Qk?t=3480

— free character goblin slayer, noble fencer

==================
Goblin Crown movie special edition book cover

https://ga.sbcr.jp/bunko_blog/cat381/20200124/
Old 2020-01-29, 17:16   Link #1636
Twi

Volume 9 is out. Priestess is becoming such an experienced adventurer.
Old 2020-02-01, 09:44   Link #1637
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
10 stories, old combo upgraded (newbie warrior->stick warrior), new combo (Female Knight+Witch+Priestess+HEA), revisit (Heavy Warrior+lancer+GS), etc.

Book 12 cover

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4815603332/

===================
There is nothing wrong killing goblins in a dungeon.
— Kumo Kagyu

But something must be wrong trying to pick up goblins?
— Fujino Ōmori

GA bunko cross over, GS characters as playable in Danmachi game memoria, Dungeon & Goblin. script by both original authors,

https://twitter.com/danmachimemoria/...31221271986178

Game action, GS+Priestess combo

https://youtu.be/nVKSrwFs-Qk?t=3480

— free character goblin slayer, noble fencer

==================
Goblin Crown movie special edition book cover

https://ga.sbcr.jp/bunko_blog/cat381/20200124/
Still no word on a US release for the movie
Old 2020-02-05, 02:13   Link #1638
Hata
時の異邦人

book 12 test read, including color pages.

https://r.binb.jp/epm/e1_130428_23122019104802/
Old 2020-02-05, 03:08   Link #1639
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post
Spoiler:
Ah finally it coming out.
You know, it is not fantasy medieval if there are no a giant flying fire lizard.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-07, 22:23   Link #1640
tuckersister

If Hero and Goblin Slayer fought together in a battle against an enemy, it would be awesome and the best part of the volume. Though dunno what kind of battle that would make both of them awesome.

Looking forward to Vol12.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d&d, fantasy, harem?