AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-03, 09:41   Link #261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Hm, it's a character relationship thread, but maybe it won't be very off-topic:

What bothers me is the producers' relationship with the characters - so far it seems like they're afraid to do something wrong to any of them and are playing it too safe with the fans (as examples - keeping most of old characters in one bunch, no clear development to NXY, and more recently situation around Ep.8-9 - it felt like they screamed "No-no, don't misunderstand, Nanoha couldn't behave wrong, see - it's all explained and everyone's happy again", and there're probably more, that's to start the discussion ).
I've observed that a long time ago.

The writers overly favors their treasured main characters. But then again, so do some of the fans.

Look at a number of people (not from here, go to the blogs), who cried out in protest when Nanoha did what she did.
Old 2007-06-03, 09:49   Link #262
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Also look at it this way:
If they reveal a coupling involving the main characters too soon in, they might lose viewers. You know how it always turns out in shipping wars when one side turns out to be canonically correct.

Some people are only watching StrikerS to see if NxF will happen, and of course some might be watching to see if NxY will happen. I think a NxS fan grouping has started as well. So Nanoha is pretty much very important to keeping the series fans happy... XD

Just pull a Naruto and have Nanoha get a little with all 3 pairings is what they'll do but never give anything solid...
Old 2007-06-03, 09:58   Link #263
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Look at a number of people (not from here, go to the blogs), who cried out in protest when Nanoha did what she did.
I don't understand such people, if the show gets more interesting in case my favourite character does something I don't normally want him/her to do I can live with it. There're characters for whom I care more than for others but I won't complain if they make some mistakes or get hurt if it served to prove that heroes aren't always right and they don't always win. Everything ends up too good in S3 so far.

P.S. On 4chan Ep.8 almost managed to stop the trolling for a while Ep.9 wasn't able to repeat its success though.
Old 2007-06-03, 10:06   Link #264
Thisguy
Negikamo

Not that I'm interested in this thread, nor I would ever read through the pages, but here's a news guys.
Official Website has been updated, adding Yuuno for Character Profiles.

*Disclaimer: Extensive Engrishness, gramatical error, bad wordings!*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Character Profile
Alliance : TSAB (Infinite Library) / Midchilda Archaeologist Society
Occupation / Rank : Chief Librarian of Infinite Library
Born Place: South Midchilda

Although he possesses mage rank of Mixed A, he no longer participate in activity of mage.
All his magics are used for sorting, searching and information gathering in the broad Infinite Library.
--------
He is the chief librarian of TSAB's gigantic database, the Infinite Library.
Being childhood friend of Nanoha and Fate, he is also responsible for Nanoha's stepping into the world of magic.
He's been Nanoha's "good friend" for 10 years and they understands each other, that although they're not physically in contact, they're connected in their heart.
"although they're not physically in contact, they're connected in their heart"... eh.
I wonder if this sentence was really neccessary?
I mean, why they wouldn't leave it as whole for fans to guess... maybe they're so eager to keep the milk cow alive.

Last edited by Thisguy; 2007-06-03 at 12:34.
Old 2007-06-03, 10:11   Link #265
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Not that I'm interested in this thread, nor I would ever read through the pages, but here's a news guys.
Official Website has been updated, adding Yuuno for Character Profiles.

*Disclaimer: Extensive Engrishness, gramatical error, bad wordings!*"although they're not physically in contact, they're connected in their heart"... eh.
I wonder if this sentence was really neccessary?
I mean, why they wouldn't leave it as whole for fans to guess... maybe they're so eager to keep the milk cow alive.
Nice thanks for translating it ...that line is interesting to know ^_^
Old 2007-06-03, 10:14   Link #266
krisslanza

I think it's a way of signifying close relationships. Since I think that line, or something similar, is also used for Fate (Connected at the heart). I think they wanted to assure anyone that Yuuno is still one of Nanoha's friends. xD
Old 2007-06-03, 10:21   Link #267
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I think they wanted to assure anyone that Yuuno is still one of Nanoha's friends. xD
Yep, and this is a "case closed" until it turns out differently when (and IF) story of StS progress further.
Personally, I despised the Shipwar that took place in Ep thread several weeks back, but well...
It doesn't hurt to have some room for discussion, ne?
Old 2007-06-03, 16:29   Link #268
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Bunch of posts deleted.
Allow me to kindly ask: Which part of [SERIOUS DISCUSSION ONLY] is not understandable ?
Old 2007-06-04, 17:53   Link #269
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Anyone think ViceXTeana possible?

After a few episodes, it just got me thinking.
Episode 8- Vice concerned.
Episode 10- a free bike?

Anyone's opinion?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-06-04, 19:39   Link #270
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post

Episode 10- a free bike?

Anyone's opinion?

It's possible, BUT HIGHLY improbable
Old 2007-06-04, 20:11   Link #271
krisslanza

I think he's mainly just trying to comfort her. I mean, she's been through hell and all with being blasted by Nanoha and all... But I suppose it is a possibility?
Old 2007-06-04, 20:24   Link #272
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post

Episode 10- a free bike?

Anyone's opinion?
I sure as hell won't mind. though that leaves Signum and Subaru out though.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-04, 20:27   Link #273
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I sure as hell won't mind. though that leaves Signum and Subaru out though.

Looks like we've broken 1000.
Wrong thread.

In any case, there was the speculation that Vice used to be in the same squad Teana's brother was in. This does somewhat explain why Vice looks over Teana and might also be part of the reason Teana was chosen.
Old 2007-06-04, 20:35   Link #274
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Maybe Vice had to keep a promise to Teana's brother and so he has to look after her
Old 2007-06-04, 20:43   Link #275
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Wrong thread.

In any case, there was the speculation that Vice used to be in the same squad Teana's brother was in. This does somewhat explain why Vice looks over Teana and might also be part of the reason Teana was chosen.
My mistake. I've already edited it out. Sorry.

Possible. And I'm also curious if Vice was a combat mage as well. He DID say that Teana's skill was enough to make him jealous. Could it be a possibility that Teana and Vice already met in the past when she was very young?

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-04, 21:44   Link #276
Once and Current Subber

Could just be that Vice, who has a pretty limited ability, is a little envious of somebody like Teana, who has a good general ability -and- a lot of potential. I mean, Vice isn't a newbie; he's as good at what he's doing as he's likely to get, and that's all there is to it. Sure, combat pilot is a valuable job, and there's a lot of use for things like courage and a cool head, but at the end of the day, the most he can really do is hold the hats of the people who really go out there and fight (or, in the worst-case scenario, save their bacon.) And even that's of use in a limited number of situations - if they can teleport there directly, or in situations where they run into an enemy by surprise, he's as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

(Then again, we don't KNOW that Vice is a useless git in a fight - for all we know, that angular, blocky, ugly-looking 'copter could be mounting some incredibly badass weaponry, armor like a tank, magic shields, rocket engines, sky's the limit. But probably not, huh?)

So sure, it's possible, but you never know. The real trick is the outright shortage of men - the pool of possible guys is limited to Yuuno, Elio, Vice, Hayate's inspector friend, and Zest (and, oh god, Doc Scaglietti). Granted that relationships involving guys in Nanoha are the exception and not the rule. But given that none of those guys is exactly a Lothario, and two of the five are antagonists, and one of the remainder is (a) too young and (b) possibly locked up by Caro at this point anyway...

Of course, there's a lot of room for something to come in out of left field. Who knows? Vice could drop by the doctor one time too many and fall for Shamal. Signum and Zest could start something on the battlefield. Doc Scaglietti might run into Vita, discover that she's an eternal lolita, and give up the whole evil thing. Nanoha could enthusiastically hook up her "good friend Yuuno" with Hayate. Still a lot of episodes left, and I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least one "man, who saw that coming?" relationship out of the show.
Old 2007-06-04, 21:53   Link #277
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Could just be that Vice, who has a pretty limited ability, is a little envious of somebody like Teana, who has a good general ability -and- a lot of potential. I mean, Vice isn't a newbie; he's as good at what he's doing as he's likely to get, and that's all there is to it. Sure, combat pilot is a valuable job, and there's a lot of use for things like courage and a cool head, but at the end of the day, the most he can really do is hold the hats of the people who really go out there and fight (or, in the worst-case scenario, save their bacon.) And even that's of use in a limited number of situations - if they can teleport there directly, or in situations where they run into an enemy by surprise, he's as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

(Then again, we don't KNOW that Vice is a useless git in a fight - for all we know, that angular, blocky, ugly-looking 'copter could be mounting some incredibly badass weaponry, armor like a tank, magic shields, rocket engines, sky's the limit. But probably not, huh?)

So sure, it's possible, but you never know. The real trick is the outright shortage of men - the pool of possible guys is limited to Yuuno, Elio, Vice, Hayate's inspector friend, and Zest (and, oh god, Doc Scaglietti). Granted that relationships involving guys in Nanoha are the exception and not the rule. But given that none of those guys is exactly a Lothario, and two of the five are antagonists, and one of the remainder is (a) too young and (b) possibly locked up by Caro at this point anyway...

Of course, there's a lot of room for something to come in out of left field. Who knows? Vice could drop by the doctor one time too many and fall for Shamal. Signum and Zest could start something on the battlefield. Doc Scaglietti might run into Vita, discover that she's an eternal lolita, and give up the whole evil thing. Nanoha could enthusiastically hook up her "good friend Yuuno" with Hayate. Still a lot of episodes left, and I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least one "man, who saw that coming?" relationship out of the show.
Please try not to say that in front of Storm Raider. She might get offended.

Yup. That's what we're hoping for. It's not really like there weren't any. Take Amy-Chrono for example. But the thing that bites here is the fact that they didn't really show enough development between the to qualify as satisfying for most. I'm actually expecting the producers to pull off another surprise in the form of a seemingly-out-of-nowhere romantic relationship since a show like this isn't really complete without that. The most we are given now is the Loli-Shota development.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-04, 23:17   Link #278
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Aaron008R

That's because it DIDN'T happen

There's nothing SOLID about Amy-Chrono...

*Walks away with a dreamy look on face...*
Old 2007-06-05, 09:05   Link #279
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Aaron008R

That's because it DIDN'T happen

There's nothing SOLID about Amy-Chrono...

*Walks away with a dreamy look on face...*
Sith Lord! What is the matter with you? You're acting like one of them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post

There's some truth here... The 2nd most hated Airforce job in the US Army is a "truckie", ie, supply line heli. Then again, the Marine equivalent are proud of it, because their technically in the heat of things as well. So it depends on what you equate the Riot 6 to be really.

And if he's related to Teana's onichan, I'm sure he'd be glad to be able to look after her.

Now with the ideas from 4koma however...
Old 2007-06-05, 10:05   Link #280
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Sith Lord! What is the matter with you? You're acting like one of them!!!
Really not myself today
Closed Thread