AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-11-30, 01:02   Link #41
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
mm... generally, most people (the younger generation today) won't know the older bands since you wouldn't see them on tv and radio these days (at least from where I'm from). It's all mainstream bands I see on MTV when I take a peek.

Honestly I wouldn't be listening to metal right now if a friend didn't send me a mp3 file of Metallica's Master of Puppets, or my dad not showing me Led Zeppelin.

Right now: listening to Mötley Crüe: Kickstart My Heart. Great stuff to listen to when waking up~
lol, quoting myself, it's strange for me to say 'younger generation' since I'm just 18 years old. I discovered metal at about two years ago and since then I've been going deeper as I try more and more stuff each day. My first metal band that I listened to was Metallica, Master of Puppets, and my most recent song that I downloaded/listened to is Children Of Bodom's cover of Rebel Yell.

Still, Led Zeppelin is pure win. And it's not just Stairway To Heaven, like Heartbreaker or Kashmir for instance. lol, i'll cut myself off here since I could go on forever rambling on about every band I'm listening too.

One last thing: Motörhead!!! Lemmy is God, and I'm not sure if I'd classify them as heavy metal, since he says they're rock and roll.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 01:15   Link #42
Figucher

Send a message via MSN to Figucher
I usually don't speak about artists who are no longer active, since half of my interest towards bands is determined by their live performances - which they can't do . There's also old bands which are active but almost without exception their new material doesn't interest me at all. Ofcourse it's fun to listen to their old music now and then but it's not like there's something new to be expected.
Figucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 07:18   Link #43
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
lol~ i was listening to Iron Maiden's Dance Of Death this morning during class (we're semi-allowed/tolerated to listen to music during computer classes), and i almost sang out loud during the middle if i didn't have a sore throat~
Old 2007-12-05, 16:24   Link #44
Qwazar

I am partialy metalhead. I love metal. It is probably in the top three of my favorite genres, along with SKA and... well, make it top two. I actualy wanted to ask about heavier japanese music here, but, here's a thread with all the answers (except maybe where to find this music, i am not speaking downloads by the way).

I love/occasionaly listen to those metal bands: Dragonforce, Metallica, AC/DC, Cannibal Corpse, TOOL, Amon Amarath, Manowar and some others that are so borderline metal that I won't be mentioning them.
Qwazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 02:16   Link #45
Grimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwazar View Post
I am partialy metalhead. I love metal. It is probably in the top three of my favorite genres, along with SKA and... well, make it top two. I actualy wanted to ask about heavier japanese music here, but, here's a thread with all the answers (except maybe where to find this music, i am not speaking downloads by the way).

I love/occasionaly listen to those metal bands: Dragonforce, Metallica, AC/DC, Cannibal Corpse, TOOL, Amon Amarath, Manowar and some others that are so borderline metal that I won't be mentioning them.
I don't know if you want japanese with your "heavy japanese music", but you might like Crow'sClaw - Crowzfest. It's instrumental heavy metal (feel free to correct me, as I don't understand the borderline between heavy/power etc..). I think it's called a "doujin-metal". was released on Comicket 72... great stuff, anyway.
Grimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 04:09   Link #46
GomuBlade
Bugger

I'm pretty much a metal head. Melodic Death Metal being the favourite genre. Mostly listening to these bands; Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Soilwork and Sonic Syndicate. They all just happen to be swedish

Other than that I also listen to Nightwish and Maximum the Hormone.
For those who are looking for japanese metal I really recommend Maximum the Hormone. They've done some amazing songs. Rokkinpo Goroshi and Kusoban is their best albums in my opinion. The intro to Seiri Tsuu ha Kannaduki wo Koora Su Kion is pure kickass, gets me every time.
GomuBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 07:17   Link #47
Thingle
Banned

I like both hardcore and metal. I listen to a wide variety of bands, from Rotting christ, In Flames, Amon Amarth to stuff like Throwdown and Icepick.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 21:24   Link #48
Tonytime20
Kona (coffee) Junkie

Metal is great as long as it's not just a bunch of screaming. Rammstein is my favorite metal band, but I also like Metallica, Motley Crue, GNR, Iron Maiden, and the like. They all have hard music, as well as a great voice talent. Till of Rammstein's deep voice really makes that band stand out from the rest, though.
Tonytime20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 01:50   Link #49
Thingle
Banned

^ Why do people hate Rammstein's transition to hard rock? They're getting old so it's natural to soften up from that hard industrial sound they were known for, right?
Old 2007-12-08, 01:53   Link #50
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

^mm, no one mentioned about hating Rammstein's transition-thing, eh--whatever, me love Rammstein in any case. gotta love their live concert performances too.
Old 2007-12-08, 01:56   Link #51
Thingle
Banned

^ Well, I see comments in Reise Reise and roserot reviews. Some rate it low. Mutter is still the best album because of it's "balance" IMO.
Old 2007-12-08, 08:00   Link #52
Daughter!

I noticed that so many people are saying Dragonforce. I don't really know the deal with them. Are they a paraody Metal band or what?
Daughter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 14:02   Link #53
lillith_

Send a message via MSN to lillith_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop-Punk Sucks View Post
I noticed that so many people are saying Dragonforce. I don't really know the deal with them. Are they a paraody Metal band or what?
Is Dragonforce the same band as DragonHeart?
I dont see what's so great about them either...
In fact, i'm always a little cautious about power metal 'cause I really hate that "metal-warriors" atitude of some bands like Manowar, Rhapsody and Dragonforce...
don't crucify me, that's just my opinion...

But i do like power metal, in fact some of my fav bands are power metal bands, such as Iced Earth, Stratovarius, Helloween etc
lillith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 16:07   Link #54
3:16
Excellence Of Execution

Send a message via MSN to 3:16
Do you call Marilyn Manson,Lordi,Rammstein metal?If so,I'm in it.
3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 02:18   Link #55
Thingle
Banned

MM(grotesque onwards), Rammstein (recent albums) = more like hard rock to me.
Old 2007-12-13, 14:39   Link #56
3:16
Excellence Of Execution

Send a message via MSN to 3:16
I've always thought MM was classified in Heavy Metal.

And can you tell me what kind of music is Rhapsody?
3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 07:20   Link #57
Figucher

Send a message via MSN to Figucher
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3:16 View Post

I assume you're talking about Rhapsody of Fire, which is what Rhapsody is called nowadays. It's categorized as power metal in most occasions.
Figucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 10:31   Link #58
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3:16 View Post

Early manson, when he and Trent were still close buddies. His sound then was industrial metal w/ a tint of hard rock.
Old 2007-12-18, 14:39   Link #59
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
^ Why do people hate Rammstein's transition to hard rock? They're getting old so it's natural to soften up from that hard industrial sound they were known for, right?
I don't think they are really in transition to hard rock... they aren't as "Tanz-Metall" as in the old days, but I'd say they are still in the industrial metal genre (but it's matter of personal classification,indeed...)

By the way, has anybody ever heard of Eisbrecher? Like Rammstein, they have german lyrics and power industrial sound
Old 2007-12-21, 20:14   Link #60
Scala Caeli
Assassin Lord

I love heavy metal and hardcore music. A rule of thumb for the sake of my own tastes is the following: they must either have incredible feeling in their songs, and they must have a nice melody. A band that does a 5-minute "Dududum Dududum" for every single song is not very interesting to me.
Scala Caeli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metal