AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-20, 08:58   Link #41
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Chap 4 : It was pure WIN
Spoiler for Chap 4:

Can't wait for teh next chap !
Old 2011-12-20, 11:18   Link #42
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Kusa-San: Jeebus, I can't believe this is the same Alister we had in the previous Last Exile, and the calm onee-sama we now have in Fam. Talk about surprising reveals about one's inner character. Is that side of her still simmering underneath even in Fam? I expect fireworks if it resurfaces again...

Also, Mullin remains a little clueless. But this IS Mullin eh?

I'm getting a lot of mileage out of Tatiana's idiot uncle. That's a big surprise for me.
Old 2011-12-20, 11:54   Link #43
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Kusa-San: Jeebus, I can't believe this is the same Alister we had in the previous Last Exile, and the calm onee-sama we now have in Fam. Talk about surprising reveals about one's inner character. Is that side of her still simmering underneath even in Fam? I expect fireworks if it resurfaces again...

Also, Mullin remains a little clueless. But this IS Mullin eh?

I'm getting a lot of mileage out of Tatiana's idiot uncle. That's a big surprise for me.
It's probably because we don't see her enough in Fam (I say that but I stoped Fam after ep 3 ) ! But yeah, I like this side of her. And she's a ClausXTatiana shipper == Great girl
Old 2011-12-20, 12:12   Link #44
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's probably because we don't see her enough in Fam (I say that but I stoped Fam after ep 3
For shame, given how four out of the ten episodes that's been out so far have featured the Silvius, of which Tatiana is the captain, and Alister is the XO.
Old 2011-12-20, 12:31   Link #45
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh i love the ClausXTatiana tease! I can't wait for more ClausXTatiana moments.
Old 2011-12-20, 13:08   Link #46
azarhal

I never imagined that Tatiana could cook.

The chapter was funny as hell. I guess we know why Alis joined the army. It's for the mayhem! Although, some part of it seemed a bit OOC to me. I never pictured her as a schemer.

Also, looks like Hendrick doesn't know his niece was the wing captain aboard the Silvana (and technically made it to XO) and a personal friend of the queen too. Might be better if he never learn.

I'm also surprised by how much page time the TatianaxClaus aspect is getting. It's like the focus of the manga so far and I so know it's not going to end well...
Old 2011-12-20, 13:49   Link #47
Kusa-San

Quote:
For shame, given how four out of the ten episodes that's been out so far have featured the Silvius, of which Tatiana is the captain, and Alister is the XO.
No Claus, No Fam .... ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Oh i love the ClausXTatiana tease! I can't wait for more ClausXTatiana moments.
Me too !

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post

I so know it's not going to end well...
Uh ? You don't know that ! I'm sure at the end of Fam, we will see Claus and Tatania...wedding !!
Old 2011-12-20, 14:49   Link #48
Kazu-kun

Quote:
You don't know that ! I'm sure at the end of Fam, we will see Claus and Tatania...wedding !!
I agree with azarhal it most likely won't end well.

Well, we don't know what will happen in the long run, but right now, Al and Lavi probably got captured, and Claus couldn't be there for them because of Tatiana...

That just doesn't bode well for a TatianaxClaus end IMO.
Old 2011-12-20, 15:15   Link #49
ARQ

wow Alis is alot more devious than i gave her credit for. I wouldnt have guessed it from the original anime
Old 2011-12-20, 21:52   Link #50
TheKage

Definitely loved the Alis parts of this chapter. I couldn't stop laughing each time she had to have a comment. I think it's definitely Alis working as she can when she's not in uniform. Have to let her have some fun some how right?

Tatiana's uncle is a riot.

I definitely don't think there is any problem with Tatiana being able to be in love with Claus and still be the bad ass smile-is-trouble Captain of the Silvius. It doesn't mean she has to be in love for a ClausxTatiana end either, but I don't think that her being Captain of the Silvius bars her from being in a loving requited relationship.
Old 2011-12-20, 22:23   Link #51
Vena
Carpe Diem

Man, Tatiana's Uncle had so many *EPICFACE* moments that I was laughing almost the whole way through from his *EPICFACE* expressions. Pure win. Even more, Alis was awesome and a real scheming fox.

Why couldn't this have been adapted into an anime. That aside, the way this is going, I can't imagine there being much of a conclusion on the romance front (or whatever it is we have here). I feel like Claus cares more about Alvis than anyone else at this point, and both Lavi and Tatianna are simultaneously trying to snag his attention but also not. The next chapter has a chance to resolve the whole love triangle but... I don't see it happening.

I want more *EPICFACE*.

Fam's *EPICSMILE* Tatianna, I'm really having a hard time figuring out how we get there from here... Captain is smiling, kill everything so that she can get back to her Claus? I don't even...
Old 2011-12-20, 23:36   Link #52
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
This, honestly Alister and Tatiana seem so different from how they are in both series that the manga is starting to feel rather OOC for me. I really want to keep reading it to see what happens next with the Guild but all of these moments are starting to put me off....
Old 2011-12-20, 23:49   Link #53
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Alis is a she-devil, that's for sure. The look she gave in the previous chapter is proof of that. In any case fastest way to a man aside from his stomach is when he's piss drunk.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2011-12-21 at 00:06.
Old 2011-12-21, 02:50   Link #54
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can't be the only one who's enjoying the writing here much more than "Fam", can I? The character stuff is light-years ahead.
Old 2011-12-21, 03:55   Link #55
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I can't be the only one who's enjoying the writing here much more than "Fam", can I? The character stuff is light-years ahead.
I'm not sure. Claus' thick-headedness is sort of harem lead material. That's hardly what I'd call good characterization. Alister's "scheming" act also seems a bit OOC to me.

I'm more intrigued by the plot side of things though. I hope this manga will start to focus on that soon. I want to know who are those Guild guys and what do they really want, etc.
Old 2011-12-21, 08:27   Link #56
Friday
Im shy too...

looks like we won't find out if thats Dio or not for another time.....

Claus & Tatiana....not happening, even though she has small crush on him but military comes first....

the evil intent of Alistar......
Old 2011-12-21, 11:38   Link #57
TheKage

I honestly don't think it's "too" out of character for Alis to act this way, if anything it is a bit exaggerated of what we saw in the original series. Alis and Tatiana are pretty big on their duties as officers and during missions, so in my opinion actions and emotions that would usually be displayed at home have to be reined in while on deck or during a mission.

We mostly saw Tatiana and Alis on the Silvana and on missions so it goes to show that they just never felt it was really all that appropriate, even during off hours. They were after all still at some type of war with the Guild.
Old 2011-12-21, 13:32   Link #58
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm not sure. Claus' thick-headedness is sort of harem lead material. That's hardly what I'd call good characterization. Alister's "scheming" act also seems a bit OOC to me.

I'm more intrigued by the plot side of things though. I hope this manga will start to focus on that soon. I want to know who are those Guild guys and what do they really want, etc.
It's not OOc. Alister was already a ClausXTatiana shipper in the first serie. And Tatiana is always like that around Claus.
Old 2011-12-21, 13:48   Link #59
Kazu-kun

Quote:
It's not OOc. Alister was already a ClausXTatiana shipper in the first serie.
I was talking about her attitude, which does seem OOC to me.
Old 2011-12-21, 13:55   Link #60
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I was talking about her attitude, which does seem OOC to me.
Its hard to be OOC if we'd never seen her in this sort of setting, there's no real contradiction because there is not established character for her when she's no in uniform. (Nor was there too much delving into her thought process through the series proper, she was largely a background character.) It may seem a little odd/off because we're very used to her straight-laced persona from the series but there's nothing that precludes this possibility (even if it is a bit of a leap).

Tags
action, sci-fi