AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-09, 12:50   Link #19941
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tsukune's catalyst is that of a human so therefore he's nullified to all vampire weaknesses. Mixed in, is the blood of the most powerful vampire genes, aka Shinso. Tsukune has gone back and forth in the dance with death because of this, but the outcome can only be incredible.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 13:57   Link #19942
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Tsukune's catalyst is that of a human so therefore he's nullified to all vampire weaknesses. Mixed in, is the blood of the most powerful vampire genes, aka Shinso. Tsukune has gone back and forth in the dance with death because of this, but the outcome can only be incredible.
Well, I definitively agree on that, after all even if we don't know what Tsukune is going to become yet, Tsukune's transformation is the most difficult and risky "vampire transformation" that I have seen so far, so it's quite natural that the end result of this transformation, is going to be pretty awesome.

I just want to know, how Tsukune managed to survive through his transformation so far, since I believe that it's something more then just being "lucky".
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 14:27   Link #19943
Tachibana
タチバナ

Tsukune has a very "stubborn refusal to accept death", not only that but he is, like Moka, destined to change the world.

So i don't think it's "luck" but also his strong "will" to survive and protect his friends and most importantly, Akashiya Moka, both Ura and Omote
Old 2011-05-09, 15:01   Link #19944
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I just want to know, how Tsukune managed to survive through his transformation so far, since I believe that it's something more then just being "lucky".
It may also be something to do with Akasha herself. She had made Moka's Rosario purposefully so that only he who did not wish or intend any harm on Moka could remove it. Tsukune is exactly that person. It could be that Akasha's Shinso blood is able to identify this person as well, and thus Akasha's will is also preventing Tsukune from dying. It's rather farfetched tho.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 15:09   Link #19945
Johnny
Working the bags...

Yeah that's really stretching the limits. Tsukune is still alive, because of luck and plot armor. You can't very well kill off the lead male, yet...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 17:52   Link #19946
Tachibana
タチバナ

You can't kill Tsukune, that guy is BEAST!!!
Old 2011-05-09, 22:47   Link #19947
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Yeah that's really stretching the limits. Tsukune is still alive, because of luck and plot armor. You can't very well kill off the lead male, yet...
Yeah, I agree, for now the reason why Tsukune was able to survive his vampire transformation, is because of plot armor, and being lucky, which isn't something that I'm happy about, since I fell that he should have made the plot armor less obvious, by giving us some explanation (in the manga) of how Tsukune was able to survive the first stages of his vampire transformation.

Naturally, I don't mind Tsukune's transformation at all, since it made the manga a lot better - the anime is the perfect example, of how things could develop, if Tsukune hadn't underwent his vampire transformation and hadn't had any character development that occurred, because of his vampire transformation . Well, Ikeda is still only human, and even, such a good writer as him, has to use plot armor's from time to time.

On a different topic, when do you think that Tsukune's secret is going to be exposed to his human family, since I believe that this matter should be resolved, while Tsukune can still disguise himself as a human (after all, his hair color change could be explained by Tsukune simply telling his parents that he colored his hair), since for now I don't think that Tsukune is going to gain permanent vampire eyes, yet - which would definitively expose his secret, especially to Kyouko, who has seen Moka, in her "Inner Moka personality".

After all, while Tsukune's family are generally speaking minor characters, but being Tsukune's family they are still pretty important characters, so revealing to them what Tsukune has become, could make Tsukune undergo some major character growth (depends on the situation, in which the exposure is going to be done), but I think it should be done soon, while Tsukune can still disguise himself as an human, especially if Ikeda plans to make Tsukune undergo even more physical changes - I mean, at this point Tsukune's revaluation is already going to be a pretty shocking information for Tsukune's parents, but it's probably better, then them, having a heart attack, after just seeing Tsukune's "new" appearance.
Old 2011-05-10, 05:50   Link #19948
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Hi guys, sorry I've not been around that much recently, laptop back in the workshop and all! (follow up chapter of the rewrite will be coming shortly after I get it back).

Reading back over the last few pages, I do kinda agree with something along the lines of Grrdraxin suggested, and had been thinking along those lines.

Teaching Tsukune the actual Jigen-tou would take too long, and would be too overpowered, but what if Touhai was able to teach Tsukune how to 'see' the blade with his Youkai sensing capabilities?

Tsukune seems to potentially have the speed to dodge the attack now, given how fast he moved behind Touhai when he attacked him; and with his potential speed and strength upgrade in his reformed body, its possible that Tsukune could quite literally counter her. Obviously this still carries the risk of if he misses, he could quite possibly die, so wouldn't make the fight too much of a walkover.

Another possibility is what if Touhai is able to teach Tsukune the rudiments of how to phase himself (similarly to how Akua can phase through items). Obviously not to the level where he can actually form and use the Jigen-tou (as that'd be too powerful), but enough that he can disrupt or partially block it.
Touhai's suggestion that there 'may' be a way, suggests that he's not 100% sure, but could be working through how his art works logically and trying to come up with ways to counteract it, or unbalance it, to prevent it from being as deadly.
If the 'edge' could be taken off the Dimensional Sword, it would at least give Tsukune a chance, which right now is what he needs.

He doesn't have time to learn full arts right now, but if either his own innate skills can be heightened to help counteract them, or he can learn a bastardised form which takes far less time (as its ultimately much less refined and controlled), but still gives him SOME counter capability, then he might just have a chance in the time span.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 07:44   Link #19949
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Hi guys, sorry I've not been around that much recently, laptop back in the workshop and all! (follow up chapter of the rewrite will be coming shortly after I get it back).

Reading back over the last few pages, I do kinda agree with something along the lines of Grrdraxin suggested, and had been thinking along those lines.

Teaching Tsukune the actual Jigen-tou would take too long, and would be too overpowered, but what if Touhai was able to teach Tsukune how to 'see' the blade with his Youkai sensing capabilities?

Tsukune seems to potentially have the speed to dodge the attack now, given how fast he moved behind Touhai when he attacked him; and with his potential speed and strength upgrade in his reformed body, its possible that Tsukune could quite literally counter her. Obviously this still carries the risk of if he misses, he could quite possibly die, so wouldn't make the fight too much of a walkover.

Another possibility is what if Touhai is able to teach Tsukune the rudiments of how to phase himself (similarly to how Akua can phase through items). Obviously not to the level where he can actually form and use the Jigen-tou (as that'd be too powerful), but enough that he can disrupt or partially block it.
Touhai's suggestion that there 'may' be a way, suggests that he's not 100% sure, but could be working through how his art works logically and trying to come up with ways to counteract it, or unbalance it, to prevent it from being as deadly.
If the 'edge' could be taken off the Dimensional Sword, it would at least give Tsukune a chance, which right now is what he needs.

He doesn't have time to learn full arts right now, but if either his own innate skills can be heightened to help counteract them, or he can learn a bastardised form which takes far less time (as its ultimately much less refined and controlled), but still gives him SOME counter capability, then he might just have a chance in the time span.
Well, the perfect way to resolve this particular discussion is to wait for the next chapter to come out, but if I have to draw my own speculations, I think we should consider how useful, the technique that Tsukune is going to start learning in his training sessions - since, I agree with you that Tsukune doesn't enough time to fully master the technique he is going to thought by Tohou Fuhai - he doesn't have enough time to be capable of doing that - ... is going to be after he defeats Akua, since so far everything that Tsukune has learned, has been and is still is a useful ability, and I don't think it's in Ikeda's style to give Tsukune an ability that will only be useful during his fight with Akua - in short, whatever kind of technique Tsukune is going to learn, it's not going to be a technique that will only be effective in Tsukune's fight with Akua, and to me the sword seeing technique, is something that qualifies as a technique that would only be useful in a fight against Akua, in my opinion, at least, and that's the reason why I don't think that Tsukune is going to learn such a technique.
Old 2011-05-10, 10:27   Link #19950
Tachibana
タチバナ

With Tsukune's High-Speed Regeneration ability, Jigen-Tou damage will be almost nothing to him, we just have to look back to the battle between Akasha and Akua, but it would still hurt alot though , anyway he probably doesn't have much more to learn than what he already knows and the amount of power he has with his new body, his ability to regenerate has been increased no doubt, as a result of the ritual.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-05-10 at 11:10.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 10:57   Link #19951
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
With Tsukune's High-Speed Regeneration ability, Jigen-Tou damage will be almost nothing to him, we just have to look back to the battle between Akasha and Akua, but it would still hurt alot thought , anyway he probably doesn't have much more to learn than what he already knows and the amount of power he has with his new body, his ability to regenerate has been increased no doubt, as a result of the ritual.
Generally speaking, currently don't know anything about the effects that the ritual is going to have on Tsukune's body or abilities.

After all, even if Tsukune's regenerative abilities are going to be increased, it doesn't mean that he will be capable of effectively using them in combat, and be capable of surviving through similar kinds of wounds that Akasha did.

I mean, Akua could easily slash Tsukune's body in half, similar to the kind of wound Akasha received and unlike her, I doubt that Tsukune would be capable of regenerating his body from such a huge wound, since to do that Tsukune would need to have complete control over his Shinso blood - and that's something that thhe ritual certainly hadn't given him - in my opinion, at least, and Tsukune doesn't have enough time to gain such an huge level of control .

Not to mention, we still don't know if all of Tsukune's issues with his vampire blood have been resolved, and if they haven't, Tsukune still won't be capable of taking control over the full extent of his Shinso abilities.

In other words, I believe that you're theory has a small chance of occurring, and Tsukune will still need to learn something to protect himself from the Jigen-tou.
Old 2011-05-10, 11:27   Link #19952
Tachibana
タチバナ

Even though he doesn't have control of his Shinso blood (not fully yet), usually when Tsukune's life is in danger the Shinso blood will act on it's own instincts and take him over in order to keep him alive, weve seen this lots of times in the series.

So if Akua were to land a critical blow in the fight with Tsukune that could possibly be life threatening, the Shinso blood would act up to keep him safe, first thing it would do is heal/regenerate him, than he would probably go berserk

So if Tsukune does learn a technique to counter Jigen-Tou, than it's all good, but if not and if the ritual was basically all he needed, than his regenerative abilities would indeed make up for lack of a counter technique and his power-up from the ritual.

I guess we don't have anything to support either of our theories until we see chapter 42
Old 2011-05-10, 16:24   Link #19953
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
since so far everything that Tsukune has learned, has been and is still is a useful ability, and I don't think it's in Ikeda's style to give Tsukune an ability that will only be useful during his fight with Akua - in short, whatever kind of technique Tsukune is going to learn, it's not going to be a technique that will only be effective in Tsukune's fight with Akua, and to me the sword seeing technique, is something that qualifies as a technique that would only be useful in a fight against Akua
Well, it depends on what exactly he was taught. I mean, like we seem to have agreed on there are significant time constraints, and also skillset/aptitude constraints, which to me seems to suggests Touhai might try to train him, or improve something Tsukune has already shown an aptitude for in some regards.

Now given Tsukune can already sense youkai energy, as it's a natural ability of those with vampiric natures, what if Touhai was able to teach him to refine this ability...up the resolution so to speak, to the point he can see more than just a general direction etc?

Whilst initially the training would obviously be focused on reading/seeing the energy comprising Jigen-tou, if Tsukune could manage to do this, then quite possibly he'd be able to use it to read a whole lot more than JUST the Jigen-tou, at least with practice, which suddenly becomes a much more interesting ability, and much more useful in the long term.

If he could see the flow of energy, then potentially he'd eventually be able to read almost any youkai based attack or buildup, as a form of second sight, especially as we know he can sense energy behind him, so it's not as limited as his eyes in some regards. Doesn't sound so useless to me

Though like you say we'll need to wait and see what Ikeda decides to do.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 18:23   Link #19954
khprincessh

sadness guys i miss seeing inner moka she needs to be a little bit more in the spot light tsukune hurry up and save your girl cause they pushing it thats all i have to say.
Old 2011-05-11, 00:22   Link #19955
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Well, it depends on what exactly he was taught. I mean, like we seem to have agreed on there are significant time constraints, and also skillset/aptitude constraints, which to me seems to suggests Touhai might try to train him, or improve something Tsukune has already shown an aptitude for in some regards.

Now given Tsukune can already sense youkai energy, as it's a natural ability of those with vampiric natures, what if Touhai was able to teach him to refine this ability...up the resolution so to speak, to the point he can see more than just a general direction etc?

Whilst initially the training would obviously be focused on reading/seeing the energy comprising Jigen-tou, if Tsukune could manage to do this, then quite possibly he'd be able to use it to read a whole lot more than JUST the Jigen-tou, at least with practice, which suddenly becomes a much more interesting ability, and much more useful in the long term.

If he could see the flow of energy, then potentially he'd eventually be able to read almost any youkai based attack or buildup, as a form of second sight, especially as we know he can sense energy behind him, so it's not as limited as his eyes in some regards. Doesn't sound so useless to me

Though like you say we'll need to wait and see what Ikeda decides to do.
True, after thinking about it for some time, I agree that such an ability, might be more useful then I initially thought, but like I mentioned earlier, we have to wait for the next chapter to come out - the only thing that we can be sure of, is that there is high chance that the technique that Tsukune will learn, won't be the Jigen-tou, since in chapter 39 Tohou Fuhai has implied that Tsukune is too weak (well, the ritual has probably changed that) to be able to learn the Jigen-tou in the time constraints that have been put on Tsukune's "training session".

Not to mention, as Ikeda has pointed out, Tsukune's position is a defender, since between Tsukune and Moka, the later has already quite a lot of development foreword the offensive position (in other words, the person who concentrates on attacking), and while Tsukune definitively has a chance of becoming Moka's equal, it doesn't mean that he is going to develop in the same way that Moka was.
In other words, I believe that the technique that Tsukune is going to be learning from Tohou Fuhai will be a defensive technique, and in my opinion the Dimensional Sword doesn't qualify as an defensive technique.

Speaking about Moka, I hope that she won't be trying to distance herself from Tsukune again, I mean she certainly will be worried about the fact that his transformation has progressed, and most likely try to blame herself again for this, but unlike what happened in the first season, this time Moka wasn't forced to harm Tsukune, which was the main reason why she tried to distance herself from Tsukune - in other words, I don't want to see a repeat of the first seasons events, that happened when Tsukune has nearly degenerated into a Ghoul (chapters 24 to 26 of the first season, to be exact), but rather then opposite thing then that - instead of trying to distance herself from Tsukune, trying to help him in gaining control over his vampire abilities - in other words continue doing, what she has done from chapter 16 of the second season. After all, it would be pretty disappointing to see that Moka has done no progress in conquering her fears about Tsukune's transformation, especially since it has been already implied, in the earlier chapters, that Moka has gotten accustomed to the fact that her blood flows in Tsukune's veins.

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-05-11 at 00:36.
Old 2011-05-11, 09:04   Link #19956
Tachibana
タチバナ

I don't think we will have to worry about Ura-Moka distancing herself from Tsukune in the future, at best when those two reunite she will probably berate him for his recklessness into coming and saving her and for the ritual if she finds out, but he will probably say something reassuring to her, that will calm her, as for Omote-Moka she will just be glad to see Tsukune.

From what ive seen from chapter 38, Tsukune is beginning to truly "man up" and "grow up" for the sake of Moka and possibly for his role for the Human and Youkai worlds.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-05-11 at 11:05.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 15:53   Link #19957
tyler101

i cant wait for chapter 42
tyler101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 20:18   Link #19958
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
You can't kill Tsukune, that guy is BEAST!!!

Spoiler for Tsukune Beast:

+ 1 Moka Drinking!

Spoiler for Ura Moka:
Old 2011-05-11, 23:16   Link #19959
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
You just know I'm going to have to be nitpicky about that picture...
Spoiler for ripping above pic apart:

[/end fanboy rant]

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 00:46   Link #19960
Xagzan

^ Do you not remember that scene straight out of the manga?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire