AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-29, 17:05   Link #1301
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Hmm... If the central character is lunamaria hawke... I might like this...

In fact, I would rather they put Shin in the background and create the story revolving around lunamaria... that would be very nice!

Last edited by Synria_; 2008-03-30 at 11:32.
Synria_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 22:34   Link #1302
carmolita

To understand what I'm saying spitfire you would have to look deeper into the emotional part of the anime.. and as far as gundams go-do keep in mind that the Justice and Freedom were destroyed as well and kira and athrun still went back to those..They're not just machines they actually do stand for something...if that wasn't the case then athrun would of piloted the legend just for the sake of having a better machine.... but there were reasons why he didn't do it ,....which are known all to well...
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 03:57   Link #1303
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
That event were Impulse speared through the shield was utter crap. Nothing made sense in that scene. Science doesn't even support it. The only thing that would make sense is that the sword get deflected, but it went through even at an angle. My mind was blown away at such stupid logic.
Well, as Fukuda explained when people asked about how the heck Mwu could protect the Archangel from an anti fortress type of beam.

"I didn´t know that, *tehe*"

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 07:44   Link #1304
hero147

Shinn's sword was an anti-ship sword. It was impossible to stop the anti-ship sword with a physical shield. Keep in mind that it took two beam shields for Kira to be able to stop it. The physical shield of Freedom was weak....If you recall in Seed, after 10 seconds of continuous blasting from the Clamity, the Justice's shield was totalled, it melted...Anyhow, I like Freedom over Strike Freedom everyday...End of episode 13 of Destiny...Best image ever!

On topic, I would actually want a trilogy, as long as its interesting. Maybe Fukuda learned from his mistake in Destiny? Or get a new director...I just want the same guy for character design...Im all in it for KiraxLacus! Sole reason I like Seed more than 00..is Kira and Lacus!Wooot Woot! Im a fanboy...And on a sidenote, I didnt think Destiny was that bad....
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 11:25   Link #1305
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Destiny was disappointing, but not that bad. I just felt that Fukuda spoiled some potential to make an even better show than SEED. Instead, we just had something that quite smeared SEED's position as the top Gundam series at that time.

Can't wait for the Impulse. Seems I'm going to be one of the few on this foru to actually buy it. I may sound like a heretic to some, but I actually liked Shinn's suits better than Kira's :P
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 12:16   Link #1306
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Destiny was disappointing, but not that bad. I just felt that Fukuda spoiled some potential to make an even better show than SEED. Instead, we just had something that quite smeared SEED's position as the top Gundam series at that time.
Quite impressive, considering that the Seed-verse was the ONLY gundam series at that time.

Personally, I wonder how many people prefer Seed because they think that the story was the best as opposed to thinking SEED was the best because it had the most up-to-date animation of any Gundam series combined with a decent story.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 13:23   Link #1307
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Quite impressive, considering that the Seed-verse was the ONLY gundam series at that time.
Yeah, the only AIRING Gundam series

Quote:
Personally, I wonder how many people prefer Seed because they think that the story was the best as opposed to thinking SEED was the best because it had the most up-to-date animation of any Gundam series combined with a decent story.
Me for instance. I liked how the overall story developed and how such crucial subplots as Kira and Athrun's friendship or Fllay's struggles were treated in the series. And I know at least twenty people from my environment who feel exactly the same.
Old 2008-03-30, 13:40   Link #1308
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
You forgot SD Gundam Force, which was aired at the same time as Destiny.
Old 2008-03-30, 15:25   Link #1309
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Omg.....No Gundam series can do worse for me than SD Gundam Force....Heck Destiny seems like God made it compared to SD....Giant Robots-Gundam, but they took that aspect out, and made them puny size...
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 19:22   Link #1310
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
You might want to cover yourself as I think Sir Dearka is about to OH NOES, NOT THAT Sir Dearka! He didn't mean to it!

Poor Brightman, mercilessly slaughtered by Sir Dearka for making him admit just how awful Destiny truly was.
Old 2008-03-31, 02:41   Link #1311
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
You might want to cover yourself as I think Sir Dearka is about to OH NOES, NOT THAT Sir Dearka! He didn't mean to it!

Poor Brightman, mercilessly slaughtered by Sir Dearka for making him admit just how awful Destiny truly was.
What the heck are you talking about? XD
Old 2008-03-31, 06:05   Link #1312
brightman
Ancient Member

Gah... SD Gundam Force Season 2 > Gundam Seed Destiny. The amount of UC / FC / AC references and fanservice owns everything else.

Quote:
What the heck are you talking about? XD
That's what I wanna know...
Old 2008-03-31, 07:02   Link #1313
shin_lover77

yeah i'm so happy my dream came true!! i'll display this next to all my shin gashapon!! i'm in love with this already, a 2 min shin vid wow !! wow i love shin!!
shin_lover77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 08:24   Link #1314
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Dearka said that Destiny was so bad that it smeared Seed's place as top gundam at that time.

Brightman noted that the only other gundam of the time was SD Gundam force.

If Destiny was so bad that it smeared Seed below SD Gundam Force...

Surely that's considered "mitigating circumstances"?
Bah, ya'll can't catch a joke, I swear.
Old 2008-04-02, 10:34   Link #1315
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
For the love of god...

Does every thing to do with the cosmic era have to focus on Kira, Lacus and the rest of those losers?

If anything, the less focus on those characters, the better. Astray is proof of this.
hello GS series was focused on the characters not the gundam.

besides the GS series was like the j-drama anime of Gundam SEED incorporated elements from popular live-action television dramas. Instead of focusing on the robot action, the show focused more on the characters.

cause despite older fans just yawn it was for the next generation of anime fans.

besides GS was really "push the envelope" especially the scene in special edtion 1 with kira & flay doing "it".

also u.s. tv & fcc screwed GS because they don't know the real side of GS & if GS return to u.s. & unedit well you're going to be omg 4 life on GS.

& yet GS has this The series is that the voices of characters, both major and minor, were done by many veteran seiyu. The cast list reads like a "Who's Who" of Japanese voice actors and actresses. This is also carried over to the sequel, Gundam SEED Destiny.

& the K.L.A.C. in GS well that really one of many sources of GS besides especially kira & lacus. (especially i say that lacus is the queen of female anime characters in the 2000s decade)
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 04:29   Link #1316
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Bah, ya'll can't catch a joke, I swear.
Well, I had a hard time deciphering whether you're trying to tag me as yet another crazy fanboy or you just throw a friendly but a bit "meanie" comment

Anyways, to me it seems that at that time SEED and Destiny were really the best-selling and most popular Gundam series since Zeta. But maybe I'm wrong.
Old 2008-04-03, 06:17   Link #1317
Zaric
Totaling Zero

I’d love to see a third Gundam Seed series! I was a huge fan of the original Seed, to a lesser degree Astray as well.

I was going to come up with a decent argument, but it turned into a rant anyway. Oh well.

Seed and Destiny where popular, there was no denying it. I liked parts of it, but hated more than I liked. In the end though, like or hate, it's popular because even most of the people who hated it, sat there and watched the entire thing anyway. Some even bought the models, and that's success in the company's eyes.

The entire Destiny series had many problems. Let’s look at the characters first. The main characters in Destiny suffered from one of two ailments: unreasonable idiocy that makes them unable to think for themselves (See Athurn earlier on and Shinn throughout the entire thing.) The SEED was Shinn’s only redeeming quality, and he failed as a character in his RAGE anyway; good pilot on the outside but one screwed up little kid inside.

For most of the others, the Zeta Syndrome: Utter and complete whimsical impulsiveness that causes them to just act on what they feel at the moment. Take Luna’s sister for example (her name escapes me at the moment). Had she really risen to the level of an officer in charge of ship’s intelligence, she would not have betrayed Zaft for ANYTHING.

To sum it all up: intentionally misleading plot twists that cause the characters to betray their earlier development in favor of a surprise/shock/and a different mobile suit model to sell. (See link)

It may be bad character development, but you can’t accuse the Destiny series of having no character development unlike the whole total failure in Gundam 00’s first 10 episodes, that was just a disaster and painful to watch.

Sadly I’m just a disgruntled UC fanatic Char worshiper who CAN enjoy other Gundam series if they don’t fail too much. So yeah, bring on the third series.
Zaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 11:30   Link #1318
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Well, I had a hard time deciphering whether you're trying to tag me as yet another crazy fanboy or you just throw a friendly but a bit "meanie" comment

Anyways, to me it seems that at that time SEED and Destiny were really the best-selling and most popular Gundam series since Zeta. But maybe I'm wrong.
Where, in the US? In India? In Japan? Were you even alive when Zeta showed in Japan?

Far too vague an argument with far too much time inbetween the two to make a good analysis.
Old 2008-04-03, 11:42   Link #1319
4Tran

Quote:
Where, in the US? In India? In Japan? Were you even alive when Zeta showed in Japan?

Far too vague an argument with far too much time inbetween the two to make a good analysis.
None of this is necessary. We have records of the TV ratings and media sales of all the Gundam shows, and both Seed and Destiny are much higher on those lists than anything post-ZZ.

Obviously, Sir Dearka's points are regarding sales and popularity in Japan since Zeta, so quit pretending to be obtuse.
Old 2008-04-03, 12:06   Link #1320
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:

Firstly, it wasn't an argument. Secondly, yes, it was vague. It supposed to be so. Hence I said "maybe I'm wrong". It was based on some information that I wasn't sure whether it is "official" (online rankings etc., which mostly concerned Japan so 4Tran has a point there), and on my personal observations.

And yeah, I was alive when Zeta showed in Japan. I'm 26.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep