Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-03-18, 09:19   Link #1821
xXZhetaXx
Sawachika Eri Lover

i can only say this:

WTF!!!!!

so now eri has lost interest in harima and harima is gaining interest in eri???
LOL, well theres still a chance with harima... i hope

onigiri, seems almost dead , odou seems faaaaar away if you ask me, so WTF
i think jin wants to die.....

Quote:
any1 can explain more clearly about why Harima so desperate, when he think Eri "beated" him?
yeah i think he expected eri to cry
or maybe hes was shocked about how quick eri dumped him

well i hope jin will explain everything in the next chapter... this is a nightmare T_T
xXZhetaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 09:30   Link #1822
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

No, Harima is shocked about how he acted.
He's shocked that he made a fool of himself, and how he was so full of himself.
He did exactly what he criticized Eri of, and he's upset about himself.

So it's more of another self-image shattering soul-searching probably.
It's not directly Eri related, but it will all depend on how the situation will go afterwards.
Old 2007-03-18, 09:35   Link #1823
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXZhetaXx View Post
so now eri has lost interest in harima and harima is gaining interest in eri???
The way I could see this play out is Harima actually gaining an interest in Eri, and in the meantime Tenma finally realizes the truth about her and Harima's past (it's gotta happen before the end of the manga) and gains an interest in him. Harima gets all confused since if he wanted to, he could get all he ever thought he dreamt about, but realizes that what he really wanted might have been someone else alltogether... all he has to do is convince Eri about it somehow...

There's still room for plenty of development.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 10:18   Link #1824
xXZhetaXx
Sawachika Eri Lover

well term is about to end and the story finale seems far away.
so are we expecting a college rumble?
or is it going to be an awfull improvised finale.....
Old 2007-03-18, 10:55   Link #1825
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Send a message via AIM to -Ajax-
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He's trying to play that gunshot sound he was using to overwrite her earlier mention of his manga, to pretent he didn't hear her.

On an unrelated note, here's something funny.
Now that is funny, reminds me of the failure sensei days.
-Ajax- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 11:12   Link #1826
patnam

Quote:
He's trying to play that gunshot sound he was using to overwrite her earlier mention of his manga, to pretend he didn't hear her.

On an unrelated note, here's something funny.
Oh, can you tell me which chapter is it?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 11:25   Link #1827
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Oh, can you tell me which chapter is it?
Its either photoshopped, or the b chapter we're waiting for. xD
Old 2007-03-18, 11:46   Link #1828
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

No, it's a page from the failure-sensei episode way back when.
Someone photoshopped Eri's "annoyed" look from ch217 to replace the failure-sensei's faces.

It's quite fitting since it scares Harima off.

The next b (♭) chapter is about how Yakumo became friends with Haruna (Tougou's sister, the Pretty Cure White looking girl) and others.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-03-18 at 13:14.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 12:29   Link #1829
gekko

Quote:
well term is about to end and the story finale seems far away.
so are we expecting a college rumble?
or is it going to be an awfull improvised finale.....
I agree, if it is going to end soon, it is gonna feel way to rushed. A complete changing of the Harima or Tenma tunnel vision would require some patient character development. That's my biggest fear, a sucky rushy ending cuz something like that isn't that rare in the world of manga
gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 12:34   Link #1830
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Quote:
No, it's a page from the failure-sensei episode way back when.
Someone photoshopped Eri's "annoyed" look from ch217 to replace the failure-sensei's faces.

It's quite fitting since it scares Harima off.

The next b (♭) chapter is about how Yakumo became friends with Haruna (Toudou's sister, the Pretty Cure White looking girl) and others.
Oh no wonder it reminded me of the failure sensei incident... I miss him.

Oh, Toudou? or Tougou? xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekko View Post
a sucky rushy ending cuz something like that isn't that rare in the world of manga
Noooooo, anything but that!
Old 2007-03-18, 12:56   Link #1831
ZODDGUTS

Yikes if Eri has indeed lost interest in Harima the only hope of them getting together is if Harima starts going after Eri. But if it ends with Harima and Tenma WORST ENDING EVER. Looks like also in Japan doesn't want Harima to end up with Tenma not exactly a popular idea.

lol Jin's career maybe on the line depending what ending he chooses for Harima to have.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 13:14   Link #1832
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ajax- View Post
Oh no wonder it reminded me of the failure sensei incident... I miss him.

Oh, Toudou? or Tougou? xD
Yes, I mean Tougou. I keep getting his name wrong, thanks to a recent anime I'm watching.

As for School Rumble College Years...
aren't we forgetting the fact that they are in the 2nd grade of highschool?
Even after this school year, the 2-C characters have a whole another year of highschool, you know.
If they were to extend the serialization for another school year, it'd simply be School Rumble 3rd grade year.
Old 2007-03-18, 14:00   Link #1833
xXZhetaXx
Sawachika Eri Lover

if it is another year of school rumble... i hope it stays as funny as now.
and not as boring as many manga did when story gets too long...
Old 2007-03-18, 14:05   Link #1834
gekko

Quote:
Even after this school year, the 2-C characters have a whole another year of highschool, you know.
If they were to extend the serialization for another school year, it'd simply be School Rumble 3rd grade year.
ah good, i don't know how school works in america let alone japan. Here in Europe (Bel) it is literally translated 'lowschool 6-12y', 'midschool 12-18', 'high school or university 18+'

Last edited by gekko; 2007-03-18 at 14:39.
gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 14:25   Link #1835
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Where do you see that?

The fact that Harima collapsed again after finding out that Tenma would try to spread her manga herself? I don't think that this counts as "destroyed Tenma's image" at all.
Harima thought that Tenma loved him and had decided to help him out, and she destroys that fantasy.

Quote:
Odou is set until for the first time ever Harima has the choice between Tenma and anything non-Tenma, and starts thinking.
No, it isn’t set because Tenma also needs to make a choice between Harima and Karasuma. The end of this chapter indicates a Harima/Nobody ending more than any other one.

Also, Harima already did hesitate when presented the choice of going to Eri’s or Tenma’s houses in one of the b chapters. Moreover, next chapter Harima might be thinking about which rejection bothers him more. I really don’t think you should be deeming the story set on Oudou when we don’t even know the aftermath of this chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
About chapter 217, it seemed a new opening of Oginiri in "counter-mode". She stepped 1 step back but "it's stilll a step", and she don't look like she will give up yet.
She didn't say "our relationship is not like that " like what she usually did, she also mention about love (which she never did before), so it must not end so soon.
Maybe she will keep pursuing but in a diffrent direction. (For half a minute, i actually thought Jin gonna end Flag and switch to full Oginiri support)
No, this isn’t an opening for Onigiri. Yakumo basically created the new conflict for Flag this chapter by telling Harima that Eri loves him, so now she’s obligated to fix it, if anything.

Quote:
if it is another year of school rumble... i hope it stays as funny as now.
and not as boring as many manga did when story gets too long...
It would almost certainly start to get repetitive.
Adam E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 14:47   Link #1836
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam E View Post
Harima thought that Tenma loved him and had decided to help him out, and she destroys that fantasy.
We had lots of scenes like that in the past - e.g. his realization that Tenma was never in love with him, where he expected her confession etc.

All this never once broke his lock on Tenma. And yes, while this is another disappointment, but I don't see it substantially change his fixation on her.

Quote:
No, it isn’t set because Tenma also needs to make a choice between Harima and Karasuma. The end of this chapter indicates a Harima/Nobody ending more than any other one.
Well you're right - a "single" ending is definitely possible aswell. I wanted to say that if he DOES end up with anyone, it's gotta be Tenma right now. No other girl at the current setup stands an ending chance. He needs to change first.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 15:22   Link #1837
xXZhetaXx
Sawachika Eri Lover

Quote:
We had lots of scenes like that in the past - e.g. his realization that Tenma was never in love with him, where he expected her confession etc.

All this never once broke his lock on Tenma. And yes, while this is another disappointment, but I don't see it substantially change his fixation on her.
at some point harima is going to notice all those rejections from tenma and put them together, and now that he has eri on his mind too.
i think is matter of time(if we have it ) he will understand that tenma is not in love with him, and eri could be the right person =)
Old 2007-03-18, 16:26   Link #1838
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:

This is where Harima getting rejected by Eri and those few chapters where Harima's tunnel vision got cracked by Eri come into play; they change the context of this rejection. Also, the rejections from Tenma could be having a cumulative effect on Harima, and this is the one that does in his interest in Tenma.

Quote:
Well you're right - a "single" ending is definitely possible aswell. I wanted to say that if he DOES end up with anyone, it's gotta be Tenma right now. No other girl at the current setup stands an ending chance. He needs to change first.
Harima needs to change how he goes after Tenma in order for Jin to justify Harima ending up with her, in addition to Tenma losing her steadfast fixation on Karasuma plus developing an interest in Harima. An Oudou ending still requires more development than a Flag ending, although a little less than an Onigiri one. Granted, it could be done in three chapters, but so could any other ending and they'd probably all be equally crappy since they'd all be rushed.
Adam E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 22:26   Link #1839
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

My eyes bled. >_<

Special, huh? Only good I see coming out of this is Yakumo being more open (to Sara) about her feelings, and Tenma doing yet another thing that might break Harima's obsession for her. It's already been made clear Eri's feelings, but then she has to make that face, and no reaction afterwards.
Old 2007-03-18, 22:39   Link #1840
Diedrupo

So Tougou's Sister finally got a name? Haruna? Is that revealed in b49?
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hige, ojou, school