AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-03-21, 13:40   Link #241
Jolaloye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
@Jolaloye: I'm sorry, but I can't be of any help as I don't use nor have access to Vista.

@MediaJunky: do not run "queue.bat" directly. Follow the instructions to set it up under "File Types", so that you can run queue.bat by right-clicking on a video file. If you already did that, check it again -- you might have made a mistake.
Bro no need to be sorry. You've been way too helpful (Beside where would I be w/o your scripts). Thanks to NoSanninWa I was able to configure my enocoder http://web.archive.org/web/200602031...aktee.t35.com/ according to Atkee's guide. I then just followed all the steps from your queue for encoding guide http://www.playbackhelp.com/doc/guides/queue/ and when it came down to the explorer menu stage

1. I had to right click on the file
2. click open with
3. click choose default program
4. uncheck "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
5. click browse and double click DVDStudio folder
6. select scripts folder
7. select queue

Now I just right-click and select queue whenever I want to batch encode.
Jolaloye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 06:54   Link #242
MediaJunky
Satan's Muse

Quote:
@MediaJunky: do not run "queue.bat" directly. Follow the instructions to set it up under "File Types", so that you can run queue.bat by right-clicking on a video file. If you already did that, check it again -- you might have made a mistake.
Yeah I did that. I ran through the guide perfectly.....well I thought perfectly. But I guess it would be running if I did haha. I had initially thought the same thing though. So after it didn't work the first time and I went back over my steps along with the guide. I set-up the queue for encoding like the guide said. I right click the file and queue it. Then it shows up in the folder specified in the guide (queue) and I double click the encode all file. The DOS window appears and starts running everything. Everything works fine and then it tels me that it can't find the mpg2 file it is looking for right after the sound is ripped by BeSweet. I even went back and checked and rechecked the modified scripts and where all my folders were located. No luck though. I can try and redo the queue.bat again tonight. But I really don't think anything is gonna change.

I don't suppose there is a program that can just add in overscan borders? I can burn the vid, audio and subs another way. But the program I use doesn't have a function for overscan. Is there some other way I can just put them on before I encode them to dvd format using ConvertXtoDvd?

Last edited by MediaJunky; 2007-03-22 at 08:30.
MediaJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 20:29   Link #243
icon818

does this support dual audio files?
icon818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 18:30   Link #244
CitizenFlapjack
Manic Guitarist

Send a message via Yahoo to CitizenFlapjack
Is there an easier way to fix the overscan problem?

Last edited by CitizenFlapjack; 2007-04-17 at 18:41.
CitizenFlapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 16:53   Link #245
Nytorious

Unhappy

im sorta confused here,where do i get DVD Studio or any other software packages that i can use to convert MKV to DVD and/or .avi
Nytorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 17:21   Link #246
martino
makes no files now

Read the first post in this thread properly (follow the link and then the guide) and you'll see where DVDStudio comes from.
Old 2007-05-13, 05:12   Link #247
a745

I'm having problems with MKV files (to be specific, Umai Fansubs' Romeo x Juliet, episode 5).

Here's what appears:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...9/problem1.jpg

and this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...9/problem1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...9/problem3.jpg

Also, here's the debuglog of that particular process....

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Queue for Encoding: v2.01
Debug log created on: 2007-05-13 17:18

Error message: No source video specified (see FAQ for more info).
Debug message: $_SERVER["argv"][1] not set.

Configuration:
Array
(
[paths] => Array
(
[scriptfolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Scripts
[encodefolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Encoding
[queuefolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Queue
[appsfolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Scripts\Apps
[cce] => C:\Program Files\Custom Technology\Cinema Craft Encoder Basic\cct2.com
[quenc] => C:\DVDStudio\Scripts\Apps\QuEnc\QuEnc.exe
[vsfilter] => C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\vsfilter.dll
[cmd] => C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
[toolsfolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Scripts\Apps\Tools
[nfofolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Encoding\NFO
[avsfolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Encoding\AVS
[workfolder] => C:\DVDStudio\Encoding\Encode
)

[options] => Array
(
[debug] => 1
[resizemethod] => Lanczos
[fullscreenresize] => 660,440
[fullscreenborder] => 30,20,30,20
[ccetemplatefs] => Fullscreen
[widescreenresize] => 660,330
[widescreenborder] => 30,75,30,75
[ccetemplatews] => Widescreen
[audiobitrate] => 192
[mkvextractsubs] => 1
[autoaddsubs] => 1
[displaydelay] => 5
[encoder] => quenc
[bitrate] => 2500
[dsconvertfps] => 1
[skipmplex] => 0
[forcedssource] => 1
)

)

Info data:
Array
(
)

Raw Info data:
Array
(
)

Um, what am I doing wrong...?

Last edited by a745; 2007-05-13 at 07:34.
a745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 15:57   Link #248
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

a745: try opening the AVS file in MPC or something similar to see if AviSynth is throwing some kind of error.

In all likelihood it's going to be something codec related though, so have you installed CCCP? That should work in most cases...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 02:19   Link #249
a745

Yes, I did install CCCP, but I had some of my codecs still installed at that time (DivX, Xvid to be exact)... I'll try to do it again. Thanks
Old 2007-05-14, 02:34   Link #250
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
Hey all, as some know I been using this method for a while now. It works great, but now I hit a problem. I did the stupid thing of "upgrading" to windows vista. Now for some reason whenever I burn my dvdstudio encoded files they will not read.

If I burn them to the root like I used to I get "HD not supported" on my dvd players when I try to play the file.

When I burn them with DVD authoring software I get a black screen and stuck at 0:00.

Though I am not sure if anyone can help with this, I just want to know if other vista users have had any issues trying to get dvdstudio working wiith vista. And what fixes they had to use.

Thnx

I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!
PiccoloUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 04:47   Link #251
a745

I tried opening the AVS file in MPC, and it gave me this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...9/problem5.jpg

Oh well, it seems to be working fine now. I uninstalled everything, as in everything and put them all back in again. I used to use avisynth 2.6.7 (or was it 2.7?), but when I used the installers in your site, they work fine now. (Well, actually, I can't say that yet since it's still in the Quenc phase o_O... I'll edit this post later to see what else goes wrong, but I think it's fine now^^. Thanks a lot!
Old 2007-05-14, 05:19   Link #252
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

In case the problem does come back:

1) Check if the .ass file really exists in the mentioned folder.

2) If it does exist, the ass (subtitle) file might be corrupt. Try opening it in Aegisub (subtitle editor, Google it) and saving it again.

Caveat: you may have to edit the batch file so that the script does not extract the subtitle anymore and overwrites whatever Aegisub fixed. You can do this by simply removing or typing "rem" in front of the "mkvextract" command in the batch file that handles the subtitle file.
Old 2007-05-16, 02:10   Link #253
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
ok I figured out my problem. If I burn the files w/o changing the resolution and border size in the config file they run fine on my dvd player. But if I try to make the border a lil bigger 52,40,52,40 and change the resolution to match that border my dvd players says it does not suppor HD and will not play the file. Wierd.

Anyone know what resolution/border size I can use that won't screw with my dvd player. The default settings leave me no room to breath at the bottom for my sub titles. And it cuts off 2 lline subs.

I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!
Old 2007-05-16, 02:54   Link #254
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

You might want to make sure the resulting file has a resolution that is within the DVD specs.
That's 720 × 480 for NTSC video or 720 × 576 for PAL, though my scripts only create a NTSC file...
Old 2007-05-16, 19:40   Link #255
PiccoloUE

Quote:
You might want to make sure the resulting file has a resolution that is within the DVD specs.
That's 720 × 480 for NTSC video or 720 × 576 for PAL, though my scripts only create a NTSC file...
Yeah I can't remember where I got the info from but I found the perfect resolution/border size, but since my reformat I lost it

Old 2007-05-18, 07:03   Link #256
a745

It works great GHDPro. You're right, mine was a codec related problem.

BTW, I have a question. Is it possible to turn off the black border. I really don't have any problems since the video is in widescreen, and the subs aren't really cut or anything... Do I just set the border sizes at the config to zero?
Old 2007-06-06, 06:32   Link #257
otakupr

DSConvertFPS not working

@GHDPro
Thanks for the wonderful guide, everything works perfectly.

I've been converting a.f.k's kanon 2006 and everything runs smoothly except 1 episode. When I transcode the first batch of 8 episodes on TMPGEnc DVD Author 3.
Episodes 2-7 work perfectly but episode 1 is off sync with an audio delay right from the start.
The only thing I noticed that thought might be the source of my problem is that the AVI files for episodes 2-24 had the following especifications:

704x396 XVID/MP3, Data rate: 123kbps, Frame rate: 29 frames/second

But for some reason episode 1 is different:

704x396 XVID/MP3, Data rate: 123kbps, Frame rate: 23 frames/second

If I understood the guide correctly "DSConvertFPS" should correct this but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working and my Avisynth version is 2.5.7
Should I specifically look for Avisynth 2.5.6a? or does my problem lie elsewhere?

-leo
otakupr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 20:22   Link #258
horo_horo27

Send a message via AIM to horo_horo27
ok i got avi synth to work, i thought... but while testing the frameserver thing (where you create a text document) i get

AVIsource autodetect: couldn't open file 'e: (name of file)
error code 3
E:\testing.avs, line 1

any thoughts on how to fix this?

Last edited by horo_horo27; 2007-06-14 at 13:37.
horo_horo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 22:38   Link #259
ElusiveTwilight

Hi, I followed the guide and it seems like everything worked out except I ended up with the audio and subtitles like they're supposed to be, but my video file is way to short. I lost about 19 minutes of video. Any suggestions? I have been working on trying to convert these files for a week now, and this is the 4th guide I've followed. I'm trying to convert a mkv file... any help would be greatly appriciated! thanks
ElusiveTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 00:03   Link #260
Aird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveTwilight View Post
Hi, I followed the guide and it seems like everything worked out except I ended up with the audio and subtitles like they're supposed to be, but my video file is way to short. I lost about 19 minutes of video. Any suggestions? I have been working on trying to convert these files for a week now, and this is the 4th guide I've followed. I'm trying to convert a mkv file... any help would be greatly appriciated! thanks
Make sure you have plenty of HD space. It seems like you ran out of HD space while encoding.

From the guide:

"All software only takes up 25 Mb or so at most. Depending on the bitrate used, the actual filesize of the produced DVD-compatible MPEG2 video is likely to be less than 1 Gb per 25 minute episode and usually between 400 to 800 Mb. However during encoding up to 2 Gb of space may be required.

In all, it's probably best to have at least 1 Gb * number of episodes + 2 Gb of working space available during encoding. So if you want to encode 5 episodes, have at least 7 Gb of space free on your HD. "
Aird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file conversion, wiki candidate