AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 06:19   Link #241
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Gaiden X1 is that Chapter 16.5. It was included in the translated version of Volume 1 in BT. As of X2, it is not yet translated and you do not need to care about it for a while.

Spoiler for Purpose:
the more i read this thread, the more i curse myself that didn't learn chinese or japanese
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 06:27   Link #242
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by killatopak View Post
woah woah woah! Wait one minute! You read volume 9?! How?! It isn't even translated yet or did you know how to read jap?
uhm, yeah I can read ones.

@tomtkp:
Spoiler for e:

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2012-04-07 at 07:39.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 06:47   Link #243
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

its chinese translated to which chapter out of 308? and which website? wenku? since i can read chinese i'd might as well enjoy it
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 08:55   Link #244
killatopak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Damn! I wish I could read too! maybe I should start now.

THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR
killatopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 09:15   Link #245
tomtkp

Quote:

@tomtkp:
Spoiler for e:
Spoiler for Chapter 5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
its chinese translated to which chapter out of 308? and which website? wenku? since i can read chinese i'd might as well enjoy it
The number 308 actually means there are 308 parts of Alicization. Alicization has 8 chapters (including 2 massive chapters) and an epilogue. LK (or qing zhi guo du) has already finished translating Volume 9 which is equivalent to the first three chapters.
Old 2012-04-07, 10:00   Link #246
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

what happens in chapter 5? also has the entire alicization been finished? oh and might anyone pm me the link to the chinese site?
Old 2012-04-07, 10:00   Link #247
AlaAlba

Quote:
Spoiler for Chapter 5:
Spoiler for :D:

Also, when is the sell date of volume 10 again?
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 10:14   Link #248
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-07, 10:33   Link #249
tomtkp

Quote:

Spoiler for Chapter 6:

Oh..there is a high possibility that Volume 10 will be released in July, the same month as the anime starts broadcasting but we will see what happen.
Old 2012-04-07, 10:33   Link #250
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Release date of volume 10 not given, estimated to be the beginning of Autumn. My guess is September 10.

And there's a lot of censoring that's going to happen. Think everyone's protesting against Ishihara now...

Btw, if any of you want to try translating this volume, please try a little bit so that you can reduce my workload little by little There's like 400+ pages there...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 10:53   Link #251
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

good luck ._." btw has the web novel been updated post alicization?
Old 2012-04-07, 10:59   Link #252
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
good luck ._." btw has the web novel been updated post alicization?
The arc's going to be longer than the whole of what's translated on B-T from 1-8 combined (and more), and you're asking about post alicization?

Heck, I've pretty much given up on working on volume 8 just so that I can finish volume 9 in the future (if there's any consolation, volume 8's also 400+ in pages)
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 11:00   Link #253
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Release date of volume 10 not given, estimated to be the beginning of Autumn. My guess is September 10.

And there's a lot of censoring that's going to happen. Think everyone's protesting against Ishihara now...

Btw, if any of you want to try translating this volume, please try a little bit so that you can reduce my workload little by little There's like 400+ pages there...
Oh...It's Teh Ping of BT. Hi.

I knew it was stated that Volume 10 is estimated to be released by the beginning of Autumn. But in his Twitter page, Kawahara-sensei mentioned that Volume 10 might be released in sync with the broadcasting of the anime, which is July this year. That's why I made this assumption. Besides, I don't really believe that estimated released date because it is juat an estimation. We have 8 volumes beforehand that got released way before the estimated release date.

And I would like to also apologise to you. Sorry that I won't able to translate because my level of English proficiency is not good enough. Long time ago, I had tried my hand on translating Volume 5 from Chinese to English privately but unfortunately it failed miserably. It seems that I am still lacking in vocabulary though.

Edit: @Fallen3dge- I remember the web novel had already ended after Alicization. Alicization is the last arc of the web novel. However, there's still one more side story that is Cradle of the Moon. Unfortunately, the story was put on hold at the end of Chapter 13.
Old 2012-04-07, 11:04   Link #254
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Oh...It's Teh Ping of BT. Hi.

I knew it was stated that Volume 10 is estimated to be released by the beginning of Autumn. But in his Twitter page, Kawahara-sensei mentioned that Volume 10 might be released in sync with the broadcasting of the anime, which is July this year. That's why I made this assumption. Besides, I don't really believe that estimated released date because it is juat an estimation. We have 8 volumes beforehand that got released way before the estimated release date.

And I would like to also apologise to you. Sorry that I won't able to translate because my level of English proficiency is not good enough. Long time ago, I had tried my hand on translating Volume 5 from Chinese to English privately but unfortunately it failed miserably. It seems that I am still lacking in vocabulary though.
i can help with editing the english if you want, i'm confident in my english(its british english but i can easily swap) but my chinese is............*cries* and i dint learn jap. but i meant did Kawahara-sensei finish Alicization web novel already?
Old 2012-04-07, 11:14   Link #255
Axiszero
The Forsaken Lurker

Wait Gabriel Miller? Brother of Egil or something?
Axiszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 11:28   Link #256
tomtkp

Quote:
i can help with editing the english if you want, i'm confident in my english(its british english but i can easily swap) but my chinese is............*cries* and i dint learn jap. but i meant did Kawahara-sensei finish Alicization web novel already?
It's more that just that. It feels like I lacked the ability to translate a language into another language. For example, when I tried to translate a Chinese language into English in my brain, I felt like I cannot think of any words that match the particular phrase. It's a shame for me given that I can read, understand and even write a bit in English but I still found difficulty in translating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiszero View Post
Wait Gabriel Miller? Brother of Egil or something?
Egil real name is Andrew Gilbert Mills though.
Old 2012-04-07, 11:35   Link #257
EvI

tomtkp is teh-ping?
well in alicization it show us more what asuna is doing? or it's about kirito and his two new friends?
damn when this arc come to a end i want to see yujio and alice in alfheim kkkkk
since i think that the next arc will be about the nordic gods since in the extra on volume 8 it makes a hint about it on the excaliber history...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 11:47   Link #258
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
tomtkp is teh-ping?
well in alicization it show us more what asuna is doing? or it's about kirito and his two new friends?
since i think that the next arc will be about the nordic gods since in the extra on volume 8 it makes a hint about it on the excaliber history...
1) tomtkp is NOT Teh-Ping
2) I think asuna comes out a few times
Old 2012-04-07, 13:08   Link #259
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
tomtkp is teh-ping?
Either way. Alicization has two sides of story: real world side and virtual world (UW) side. The two sides of story each develop parallel to each other and then inevitably the two lines of the story will cross together. That's one of the reasons why I liked Alicization very much. The crossing of both real world and virtual world. The clashes between virtual world citizens and real world citizens and also among virtual world citizens themselves.

Quoting one sentence from To Aru Majutsu No Index:
"When both real and virtual worlds meet, a story has begun."

Will we get a SAO5 (next arc after Alicization arc) post Alicization? Well, probably yes, probably no. There are many people out there who wanted SAO5 not just because they want more continuation of SAO, if Kawahara-sensei decides to write SAO5, this arc will be the first arc without the web version as I have said in previous post that Alicization is the last arc of web version. As for me, I am more inclined towards not having a SAO5 in the future. It's not like I don't want SAO5 but I feel that Alicization has already striked the core theme of SAO series. I personally cannot think of any good continuation to Alicization. Kawahara-sensei may write one or two volumes to close up the story (clearing the 100-storey new Aincrad, future Kirito and Asuna etc) or write some side stories but.....I really hope that I am wrong given that Kawahara-sensei is an author with great imagination but if he really thinks he should end SAO after Alicization, I'll support him fully. On the opposite end, if Kawahara-sensei has what it takes to write SAO5, I'll also give my support as well. What I want is a reasonable end to SAO series.
Old 2012-04-07, 17:59   Link #260
killatopak

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_ping View Post
the arc's going to be longer than the whole of what's translated on b-t from 1-8 combined (and more), and you're asking about post alicization?

Heck, i've pretty much given up on working on volume 8 just so that i can finish volume 9 in the future (if there's any consolation, volume 8's also 400+ in pages)
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR
killatopak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality