AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-05, 18:28   Link #501
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfer View Post
Translated version or japanese version?
Japanese version.

Little Busters!
Old 2009-10-25, 20:07   Link #502
Keriaku
Thought Being

So apparently Mangagamer's release for the question arcs in now dated for
Dec. 15th.
No word on the answer arcs.

Apparently they're also planning on making a new all-ages site for Higurashi.
Old 2009-10-25, 21:34   Link #503
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post

Apparently they're also planning on making a new all-ages site for Higurashi.
That's good. My dad would probably be suspicious about me buying Higurashi if he saw some of the other things on that site
Old 2009-10-25, 21:52   Link #504
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
That's good. My dad would probably be suspicious about me buying Higurashi if he saw some of the other things on that site
Same. Though I'm still debating whether or not to buy the original and use the patch or buy the official translation.

Little Busters!
Old 2009-10-26, 12:15   Link #505
PBsaffran

Hello,

I registered to say my goodbyes to BT from 07th Expansion, but I thought, heck, might as well tell the readers here about it too.

As some may know, I have been working on a french version of the original doujin games Higurashi no naku koro ni since... a long time ago. I think I started in October 2006 and promptly set it on ice because the software didn't support unicode.

Well, time passed, and I can finally announce officially that "Le sanglot des cigales - Tomes 1 et 2" I suppose, will be launched on the Chibi Japan Expo in Paris at the end of the week, then will be made available in stores, though I'm not too sure on the timing.

I know I'm flirting with rule 2.6 about advertisement, but it's such a rare occurence that I thought it might be okay.

I tried to keep it all "original content", but it just wasn't possible. The second minigame with Sphie of Leaf fame had to be supressed. Also, Kouji Kusanagi (who provided 17 songs to the game) made me the honor of remastering the tracks - so some of the musics won't have noise, but they will definitely sound different. Same notes, same melodies, but not same samplings...

Retail price will be 20€. I will translate the following 6 "games" - or books, really - as I manage to do so. It will be a lot easier to do if the sales could feed me, so don't be shy
Noteworthy is that it has an ISBN number, just like a book, and that the minigames were rated 7+ (apparently videogames can't be rated on gorey descriptions alone).

And now to start working on the homepage... dang, more BT material to work on...
Old 2010-03-13, 19:33   Link #506
Goat-Kun

I know I am just poking this old corpse of a thread. But are there any updates as to when a new patch for Himatsubushi will be released? Please and thank you.
Old 2010-03-13, 21:09   Link #507
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat-Kun View Post
I know I am just poking this old corpse of a thread. But are there any updates as to when a new patch for Himatsubushi will be released? Please and thank you.
If you're asking Mangagamer's release, just unlocking first three arcs and Himatsubushi will show up.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
Old 2010-03-13, 21:54   Link #508
Orophin

He probably meant the fan translation.

Here's what Shion wrote on the subject two weeks ago:
Quote:
It's been a busy time for us. We haven't abandoned the project, but it has slowed down quite a bit.

Since the games are available to play in English in some form, we're using this time for Mion to improve the game engines and for me to read ahead in the games to check for translation & adaptation challenges and make sure things are consistent.

So yes, we are still working on it, but at the moment we have no definite plan for when and how much to release.

Shion
Source: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...17900462025213
Old 2010-04-03, 21:47   Link #509
Goat-Kun

More MangaGamer for us to *cough* enjoy

http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Ti...tsumihoroboshi

Hopefully they didn't remove the compatibility with Meakashi.
Old 2010-04-04, 11:16   Link #510
PBsaffran

Tsumihoroboshi in the "all ages" section... my goodness.
Well, if the check has been thorough, it should turn out quite ok. I guess we'll see in two weeks.

In unrelated news, the french release of Himatsubushi is processing through the paperworks. Hopefully it can be on sale in stores in june.
Old 2010-04-14, 17:31   Link #511
UnknownBeast

Did the people here know about this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangagamer lied about not changing the Kai music
So I was going through the Music Box of the JP version, checking where they were used so I could upload them to Youtube with an appropriate picture, but noticed that Depressive Paranoia, Mienu Mirai and Solitude never were used in the MangaGamer version. For example, Mienu Mirai was replaced by Digital Network in the scene where Shion escaped from St. Lucia, and Confession replaced Solitude, leading to it being used in almost every scene near the end.

They tried to fool us, though, by saying that "the tracks by Dai that everyone wants" are still there. But since Tack, DJ Neta and Suebashi's tracks were removed, we'll end up missing out on some of the greatest tracks such as Assault Operations (Matsuribayashi BGM, a rock/metal song that's kind of like the Mortal Stampede/Victima Propiciatoria of Higurashi).

If we're even more unlucky, they might remove several other artists such as Propan Mode or the one who made ZERO (Ending theme for Tsumihoroboshi, one of the best Higurashi BGMs)
Old 2010-04-16, 04:07   Link #512
PBsaffran

Hello, this is (for people who don't know) the translator and producer of the french version here.
Again, music seems to be a problem with Manga Gamers' release.

I have also been informed that unless I could get a deal with the original artists, I couldn't use some tracks. I have the complete list of the tracks to change, but of course you may guess that it's top secret. (I -DO- have a deal with the artists you mentionned - I still miss a few ones yet)

I know however that there is no track named "assault operation" (well it might be listed under another name I guess). Some of the replacing tracks are really good (like G-operations), if that's any consolation to you.
Old 2010-04-17, 04:20   Link #513
UnknownBeast

You should just sell translation patches instead if you couldn't get everything in.

There wouldn't be trouble regarding content since all you'd sell are the translation. You could just bundle them with imported original game CDs.
Old 2010-04-17, 06:50   Link #514
PBsaffran

Unknown beast > I'm not doing patches for a reason. I will probably release Rei as a patch though, because the rights can't be gotten for that one.
Old 2010-04-19, 22:55   Link #515
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

http://www.taito.co.jp/mob/title/bri...anthology.html
I don't know where I should post this...

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Old 2010-04-24, 15:24   Link #516
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
What is written there?
Old 2010-04-24, 15:52   Link #517
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

^It's just saying that the Higurashi VN's are being ported to Taito cellphones.

Nothing any foriegners need to worry about really.
Old 2010-04-25, 09:19   Link #518
palpatin

I only played the demo so far, and I was wondering in which arc Keichii gets a character graphic?
(I'm not familiar with the names of the arcs, so just say how many arcs it is away^^)
Old 2010-04-25, 09:41   Link #519
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Originally Posted by palpatin View Post
I only played the demo so far, and I was wondering in which arc Keichii gets a character graphic?
(I'm not familiar with the names of the arcs, so just say how many arcs it is away^^)
The 5th Arc
Old 2010-05-14, 20:23   Link #520
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Remake, with new CG.
http://www.taito.co.jp/mob/title/bri.../remake01.html

Closed Thread