AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-30, 22:45   Link #30161
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I'm sure she remembers when Alicia's birthday is. If not they could always assign a date like when she first met Nanoha, or the day she remembers waking up from her creation.

And, uh... How would it not be connected to Precia?
Old 2011-03-30, 22:46   Link #30162
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
That person is wrong because clinical depression is the best state of mind :crosses arms:
[humour]Then I guess I'm doing a good job for you! [/humour]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
That person is wrong because clinical depression is a pervasive thing and not something you can develop by reading a sad story Though I suppose it might turn dysthymia into a major depressive episode (yay University education!)

Though if anything, it looks like Fate is suffering from schizophrenia (funny the Criminal Minds episode I just watched dealt with this) what with halucinating Precia being there. Something does feel off about the whole thing, though. If she really was gonna go off and kill herself like this seems to suggest, I don't think she'd flat out use the "celebrating with my family" line because she wouldn't want to hurt the others in that way. Though I suppose whatever's going on in her head could influence her behaviour like that.

Of course I'm all for a happier ending. Is Yuuno gonna go after her and stop her before she does something she'll regret? I hope so
LOL, Psych major here too XD, so I know the guy used it wrong--it was just hilarious to read him put it that way .

Ah, Fate didn't use "celebrating with my family", exactly--she hasn't really lied at all during this fic . And about the rest of the paragraph..... ^_______^ All (well, probably not ALL, but SOME) will be revealed in the second part .

Yuuno does play an important part (my counter to the discussion pages back, about how he gets barely any screen time in my fics! ) in the next part, but there's someone else I'm using instead to go after Fate ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Slight hole with your fic, I'm afraid. What day is Fate's birthday? How is that day connected to Precia?
I don't know what day Fate's birthday is (indeed, is that even ever mentioned in canon?), but Precia's presence doesn't have anything to do with it .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 23:09   Link #30163
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Ah, Fate didn't use "celebrating with my family", exactly--she hasn't really lied at all during this fic .
Okay, so I didn't go back and get the words verbatum, but you know what I mean. I know she didn't lie, but normally Fate wouldn't use those words, because it can easily be interpreted as "I'm spending the day with my family instead of you, meaning I don't see you as family." The pained expression on the others' faces were apparent enough. Being the kind soul she is, she'd never purposely hurt those she cares about that way.

Though I suppose it could lead to "Fate said she's spending the day with her family, but if she's not with you, or you, or you, or you, then who's she with?"
Old 2011-03-30, 23:36   Link #30164
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Okay, so I didn't go back and get the words verbatum, but you know what I mean. I know she didn't lie, but normally Fate wouldn't use those words, because it can easily be interpreted as "I'm spending the day with my family instead of you, meaning I don't see you as family." The pained expression on the others' faces were apparent enough. Being the kind soul she is, she'd never purposely hurt those she cares about that way.

Though I suppose it could lead to "Fate said she's spending the day with her family, but if she's not with you, or you, or you, or you, then who's she with?"
Erm, yes....that's exactly why I had her use those words .... I wanted Fate to say that phrase for 3 reasons: One, as a writer, I was emphasizing that Fate has many family units; two, that Fate was trying to misdirect everyone about who she's going to be with, and also to keep anyone from "insisting" and ruining her plans (although Nanoha did try anyway); and thirdly, so that the ending would have the required implication.

I was hoping that it was fairly obvious which "family" Fate was referring to?
Old 2011-03-30, 23:43   Link #30165
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Erm, yes....that's exactly why I had her use those words .... I wanted Fate to say that phrase for 3 reasons: One, as a writer, I was emphasizing that Fate has many family units; two, that Fate was trying to misdirect everyone about who she's going to be with, and also to keep anyone from "insisting" and ruining her plans (although Nanoha did try anyway); and thirdly, so that the ending would have the required implication.

*raises hand*

I got the implication at the end, if it makes you feel better. I got the implication loud and clear in all its creepy, disturbing glory.

*off to bed, for real now*
Old 2011-03-30, 23:47   Link #30166
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:

Oh yeah, which family she'd be spending the day with was very explicit.

Anyways, like I said, it seemed off that she'd put it that way, but it works within context since clearly all is not right with her.
Old 2011-03-30, 23:53   Link #30167
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
*raises hand*

I got the implication at the end, if it makes you feel better. I got the implication loud and clear in all its creepy, disturbing glory.

*off to bed, for real now*
Creepy and disturbing are good .

Quote:
Oh yeah, which family she'd be spending the day with was very explicit.

Anyways, like I said, it seemed off that she'd put it that way, but it works within context since clearly all is not right with her.
Ah, I see! Yes, the Out of Character-ness is kind of purposeful , since I doubt I'll be spoiling anyone by saying that yes indeed, there is something not quite right with Fate.

Spoiler for mild spoiler:

Quote:
Fate was trying to misdirect everyone about who she's going to be with, and also to keep anyone from "insisting" and ruining her plans
^ This was the main reason for it, really. Would Amy or Erio or Caro or Nanoha really keep questioning Fate after she gave an answer like that? That was why Fate put it that way, to prevent further inquiries.
Old 2011-03-30, 23:55   Link #30168
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

We know Arf is dead, so that would certainly be enough of a stressor to make something in her snap.
Old 2011-03-31, 08:08   Link #30169
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So to everyone having read the teaser for and is interested in The State of Affairs, I do plan on posting it on Fanfiction.net, since we all know you're not a real Nanoha author until you've pissed off the fanatics somehow.
... Someone help me check, has anyone flamed me yet? Or is Reinno so off-the-wall none of the mainstreamers bother?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 08:58   Link #30170
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Posted Chapter 3 of "Blood Calls to Blood" to Fanfiction.net ^^. I edited part of Precia's conversation with Vivio, so that hopefully now it doesn't seem like Vivio's just throwing out private information without a bit of guilty prompting!

Also, since people had been asking for it , I deliver!

Blood Calls To Blood

Chapter 4 once again for those who need to re-depress themselves ....
Spoiler for Blood Calls To Blood, Epilogue:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
I was actually expecting an even more depressing ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I'd have put in something about her reconnecting with Erio and Caro, myself. She barely seems to see them alone IN canon.
Ah yes, a fic of Fate, Erio and Caro is very rare (does it even exist?). I certainly want to read that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
And I'm back! Sorry for the delay, I was basically working nonstop last week.

Prologue Part 1
Prologue Part 2
Prologue End
1st Day

A)2
B)2
C)0

I'm just going to go with Because it's Always. And on another note, I have a title!

Spoiler for Ether Liners Day 1-2:
A

Quote:
Spoiler for Spread Thin:
RB's right, this does reminds me of Roberta's last arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
... Someone help me check, has anyone flamed me yet? Or is Reinno so off-the-wall none of the mainstreamers bother?
Reinno? Rein Yunno?! I must've missed that...
Old 2011-03-31, 09:18   Link #30171
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
They only complain if you pair Yuuno with Nanoha or Fate. They don't care about anything else.
Old 2011-03-31, 09:39   Link #30172
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
Tempest is taken by a fey mood!

Tempest writes something strange!

Spoiler for Calling:
Many things came in mind when I read it. I was just done watching Buried when I laid my eyes upon it. And then, I remembered Jessie from Breaking bad
Spoiler for Breaking Bad spoilers:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 10:18   Link #30173
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
They only complain if you pair Yuuno with Nanoha or Fate. They don't care about anything else.
Crazy initial thought...

Quick! Someone write a NanoFate story where the two lust after Yuuno instead of each other!

What? I said it was crazy.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 10:21   Link #30174
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I think that would be sort of contradictory... Unless it's something like Nanoha and Fate wanting to spice up their love life so they invite Yuuno to join them.
Old 2011-03-31, 10:24   Link #30175
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
I think that would be sort of contradictory... Unless it's something like Nanoha and Fate wanting to spice up their love life so they invite Yuuno to join them.
That's even better!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 10:38   Link #30176
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I can already hear the cries of "OMG YOU NARROW MINDED HOMOPHOBE!!! Two women don't need a man to have a fulfilling relationship!"

Old 2011-03-31, 10:40   Link #30177
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
And I'm back! Sorry for the delay, I was basically working nonstop last week.

Prologue Part 1
Prologue Part 2
Prologue End
1st Day

A)2
B)2
C)0

I'm just going to go with Because it's Always. And on another note, I have a title!

Spoiler for Ether Liners Day 1-2:
Whoa! I wonder if Caster is Reinforce, or if Archer-like she's Future!Hayate... And, um, C got no love last time so I'll try that.

Quote:
And here is my plot bunny to my little Tangent last night, all typed up :

Spoiler for Spread Thin:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Spoiler for Things I'll be asking my therapist.:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 12:45   Link #30178
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, no one's flamed me yet, but one person's commented on how Fate feels the need to confess to Nanoha... wondering if it was either with someone who wasn't free, or if she felt like she was cheating on Nanoha. Asked why she'd dread Nanoha's reaction--well honestly, why wouldn't she dread it?

Another person asked for clarification on if Nanoha and Fate aren't together yet.

But other than that, no flames. I'm almost disappointed, but I'm sure they'll come in with the next chapter.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2011-03-31 at 14:08.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 12:48   Link #30179
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm almost disappointed, but I'm sure they'll come in with the next chapter.
So you'll reveal who the affair was with next chapter?
Old 2011-03-31, 12:52   Link #30180
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Don't think I can get away with not revealing the details about it next chapter.

Page claim for illicit relationships!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha