AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-18, 05:06   Link #41
minaku
Princess of Hades

Guys, today is Sailor Mercury Day at last!

Just found that, it looks slightly better than the CGI used for Usagi's transformation, but still... CGI

Last edited by minaku; 2014-07-19 at 03:06.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 03:48   Link #42
Sakuya
*Artist

That Mars pic is really pretty! Or it could just be they picked a good frame for the screenshot. Hopefully it's better than Sailor Moon's transformation. Ugh, I can't wait, I don't think I can watch it until tomorrow night.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 03:56   Link #43
Horse

It doesn't look any better than stills of Usagi's face in her transformation to me.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 04:35   Link #44
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
It doesn't look any better than stills of Usagi's face in her transformation to me.
The hair looks better at least for me, Usagi's banks were like blocks
Old 2014-07-19, 04:55   Link #45
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Hi.

I have two questions about this series. Does it follow exactly like the original series for each episode?

Manga readers please help answer me this.
Spoiler:

Thanks
Old 2014-07-19, 05:04   Link #46
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Hi.

I have two questions about this series. Does it follow exactly like the original series for each episode?

Manga readers please help answer me this.
Spoiler:

Thanks
The outer scouts are introduced in the third arc of the manga, we are not sure if they goes there with crystal. For now the anime follows the manga one chapter - one episode, but we are not sure if they are going to keep it that way after episode 3. If they keep follow it Sailor Jupiter will be introduced in episode 5, Sailor Venus in episode 8, Chibi Usa in episode 14 and Pluto in episode 19 The Crystal has 26 episodes confirmed so if it keep follow the manga in the same pattern it will end with the end of Arc 2 and won't introduce Uranus and Neptun at all
Old 2014-07-19, 05:42   Link #47
Horse

Usagi top hacker.

The art was ridiculously bad in half the scenes this episode... but I guess it had more frames than the first episode... lol.
Old 2014-07-19, 05:59   Link #48
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Usagi top hacker.

The art was ridiculously bad in half the scenes this episode... but I guess it had more frames than the first episode... lol.
The art was sloppy, the animation way improved, Ami's voice fits perfectly, they showed more of her personality here. Ami's transformation was really short but graceful, again CGI but it looked better. I am way more excited after the second episode. Rei's cameo was very well handled, so mysterious. I am a happy moony Wow! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Va228UhRs

Last edited by minaku; 2014-07-19 at 06:34.
Old 2014-07-19, 09:19   Link #49
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

1 episode every 2 weeks?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 09:41   Link #50
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

^ That's right.

Many shots in episode 2 actually look worse than the first episode (-_-), maybe a lot of their budget has gone to the Moon Pride MV. At least I enjoy the story and direction better this time around.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12

Last edited by BloodyKitty; 2014-07-19 at 11:17.
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 11:16   Link #51
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
That was pretty good. One thing I'm liking so far with the new version is that they seem to give the girls stronger personalities compared to the overly ditzy versions in the original anime. Usagi and the others were much stronger and a bit more mature personality-wise in the manga over time; it was too bad that the original anime didn't follow this, so I'm glad to see that Crystals may just do so.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 13:15   Link #52
videoman190

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
The main storyline of manga consists of 60 chapters and covers 5 main arcs according to the Japanese version of the manga:

Dark Kingdom arc: chapter 1 - 14.5
Black Moon arc: chapter 14.5 - 26
Death Busters arc: chapter 27 - 38.5
Dead Moon arc: chapter 38.5 - 49
Sailor Stars arc: chapter 50 - 60

I guess that the new anime is following the manga 1 episode = 1 chapter and the 26 episodes we currently have will cover the Dark Kingdom arc and Black Moon arc. If the anime truly goes with this pace, Sailor Jupiter will appear in episode 5 and "Sailor V" will appear in episode 7.

It would be ideal if we will get a 2nd season (around 24-26 episodes) for the Death Busters and Dead Moon arc, then the 3rd season (around 12-13 episodes) for the final arc.
There was an mini arc with the Doom Tree is that part of the manga?
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 13:34   Link #53
xizro345
King's Justice

That was...terrible.
Really sub-par production values...and did they really had to redo Ami's transformation almost the same way? Are they really that scared of changing anything?
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 13:35   Link #54
HalfgildMora

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
There was an mini arc with the Doom Tree is that part of the manga?
No it wasn't. It was created to deal with the memory loss in end of the first season which never happened in the manga.
HalfgildMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 13:59   Link #55
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
That was...terrible.
Really sub-par production values...and did they really had to redo Ami's transformation almost the same way? Are they really that scared of changing anything?
From the ep3 preview and moon pride PV you can tell the other transformations should also be exactly the same. Hope the right people from the old show are credited, lol.
Old 2014-07-19, 14:13   Link #56
Sakuya
*Artist

The MV looks super amazing! I like how Serenity looks a tiny bit different than Usagi. I'm not sure if they did that on purpose of if the art just got off model.

As for episode 2, I like all the nuances they added such as when Ami could see a vision when she touched Usagi. Overall pretty good episode!

Last edited by Sakuya; 2014-07-19 at 14:55.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 15:17   Link #57
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
The MV looks super amazing! I like how Serenity looks a tiny bit different than Usagi. I'm not sure if they did that on purpose of if the art just got off model.

As for episode 2, I like all the nuances they added such as when Ami could see a vision when she touched Usagi. Overall pretty good episode!
The direction was good. They made Ami brainwashed this time so there was no 'I don't wanna use computers" but using one as a weapon then thing, they also gave her a lot of personality as lonely and sad girl. But the art this time was... Masahiro Ando in his worst period... But Hisako Kanemoto was a huge surprise, really fits, after all the bitching by me about her voice...

Last edited by minaku; 2014-07-19 at 15:52.
Old 2014-07-19, 16:09   Link #58
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfgildMora View Post
No it wasn't. It was created to deal with the memory loss in end of the first season which never happened in the manga.
That's part of the reason for the Doom Tree arc. The other reason is similar to most filler arcs in anime: to give the manga version enough time to distance itself from the anime version (it's one reason why it took so long for Sailor Mercury to be introduced in the original anime, yet she shows up in the second episode of the live-action version and Crystal).
Old 2014-07-19, 16:20   Link #59
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
But the art this time was... Masahiro Ando in his worst period...
I take offense at that statement since I actually like Ando's punipuni style in the old show (not a very popular opinion on this board, it seems). I mean it's surefine if you didn't like his style but this Crystal episode was just poorly executed shit with wonky eyes everywhere.
Old 2014-07-19, 16:53   Link #60
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
That was...terrible.
Yeah, that was a bit of a let-down. It seems like they'll change the story to fit more with the manga, but visually they're keeping most things like the original anime.

At least we get to see Rei next week... er... two weeks from now... already. She has grown on me over the years. I didn't really like her for years, but that changed.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote