Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-30, 21:05   Link #181
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
I always thought that Kyou was after Yumeji. I can`t never forget that "I want you, Yumeji !"
I don`t know if Kyou is good, evil or just plain crazy.
A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B, and a whole lot of column C.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 22:19   Link #182
Shadow5YA

I thought it was pretty obvious Shiragi's intentions are an extension of Hercule's ambitions - to merge the dream world and real world together.

The only difference is that Hercules was doing it just to stir up trouble, while Shiragi wants to literally make dreams a reality.

The bait is already pretty obvious: Nightmares are summoned, and Yumeji uses his special power to draw from the dream world to beat them. As they keep fighting, the situation gets worse.

There are already signs that the boundary between worlds is deteriorating - Nightmares appear on a much shorter notice, and Ren can fuse with his Nightmare. By being the "good" guys, Yumeji and Merry may be giving Shiragi exactly what he wants.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 23:00   Link #183
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Eyebrows needs to die.

At least Hercules was classic AHHAHAHAHA-type villain we can all enjoy. Eyebrows is too...realistic. Sociopathic, perfectionist assholes like him actually exist and tend to be in power and screw things up in our world.

For now, though, adorable sweet young love just won. Three cheers to the cute beta couple!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 23:21   Link #184
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Eyebrows needs to die.

At least Hercules was classic AHHAHAHAHA-type villain we can all enjoy. Eyebrows is too...realistic. Sociopathic, perfectionist assholes like him actually exist and tend to be in power and screw things up in our world.

For now, though, adorable sweet young love just won. Three cheers to the cute beta couple!
What about Hiragii is beta?

And those are the most enjoyable kind of villains! Sociopathic? If anything, he wants to make people's dreams come true, he just has a really messed up way to "help", which is what makes him a douchebag.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 01:45   Link #185
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
The part where she lets her peers walk over her, to the point where she makes a living trying to draw what other people want.

She's lucky that she has friends (and a kind editor) who are willing to spell it out for her.
Old 2014-03-31, 02:24   Link #186
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Apologies, I was using a somewhat obscure slang for romantic relationships between secondary characters. Not "beta" as in "alpha vs beta male."

Sorry about that.

Quote:
And those are the most enjoyable kind of villains! Sociopathic? If anything, he wants to make people's dreams come true, he just has a really messed up way to "help", which is what makes him a douchebag.
He doesn't understand humans. Or he sort of understands them and think they're failures and inferior imperfections and he imposes his will on them as he can.

Something's broken in his little head. Maybe it really is the eyebrows.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 00:23   Link #187
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Time to revive the thread again.

Chapter 71 is interesting. Ren was always a pretty interesting character and we finally start to see what his motivations for his One-Good-Deed-A-Day thing are. At least, I can piece together some ideas from what we see in this chapter. We'll probably get full insight in the next chapter, though.
Old 2014-06-27, 15:06   Link #188
LostSome

"I am a God." Yeah, he`s pretty crazy.
Interestingly, John, Engi and Yumeji are all feeling that something is wrong, but not Merry.
I`m guessing this has nothing to do with her door.

There was six of those guys and Ren beat them all ?
If he didn`t used his nightmare, he`s a real monster.
Also, Ren`s loaded. I loled at Hiiragi`s reaction !
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-28, 08:50   Link #189
tuckersister

The chapters are already behind the raws. At least by two chapters.

I mentioned a long time ago (really long time) that there will be a band of elite dream demons that will start to come out of hiding suppress the enemy. They didn't do anything in the previous events cause they believe that the problem will resolve itself. As I said before, these dream demons are very special and far older than any dream demon in existence. I wouldn't put the fact that their "dream god" made some of them. This band is only very few of them (maybe like 5 or 6). They hold certain title for themselves. I pretty sure "The Knight" would be one of them.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 16:41   Link #190
LostSome

Oh ! Finally more Merry !
More backstory on Ren.
Both his parents have that same hair bang.
The chapter ends with Ren seeing Shiragi being attacked by the nightmare he was chasing... Not too sure what to expect from this encounter.
Old 2014-09-08, 20:30   Link #191
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The chapter ends with Ren seeing Shiragi being attacked by the nightmare he was chasing... Not too sure what to expect from this encounter.
The idea is that if the human is mortally wounded, his dream will have to merge with him (more closely) to keep him alive.

Therefore, you get a Human-Nightmare hybrid, effectively making the dream part of the real world because it can't separate from the human anymore.

The real underlying message to all of this is that Yumeji might potentially be part-dream after all. Many chapters ago when he went to the playground with Isana, they mentioned a scar a had on his arm that is gone now. It is quite possible that part of Merry is inside Yumeji, and that's what allows him to use his powers and completely recover from whatever injury he had as a child.
Old 2014-09-08, 20:31   Link #192
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Ren's backstory, his catharsis, and Shiiragi's appearance inside the world of a Nightmare...yep...something bad's going to happen that permanently disables Ren from fighting. But, I'm bad at scoping death flags so let's hope that I'm wrong here.
Old 2014-09-08, 20:41   Link #193
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Ren's backstory, his catharsis, and Shiiragi's appearance inside the world of a Nightmare...yep...something bad's going to happen that permanently disables Ren from fighting. But, I'm bad at scoping death flags so let's hope that I'm wrong here.
You mean his epiphany that the good he was doing matters and his resolve to continue because it might make everything better generates more flags than the Olympics? Why, what could ever cause you to think that?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 00:29   Link #194
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You mean his epiphany that the good he was doing matters and his resolve to continue because it might make everything better generates more flags than the Olympics? Why, what could ever cause you to think that?
He raised so many flags I thought the author was screwing with us.
Old 2014-10-03, 06:11   Link #195
tuckersister

New translated chapter came out. Ren lost his dream demon, however he gained his memories the end of the chapter. Shiragi got to have his ass kicked.

Also, I'm still rooting that there will be a royal guard of the dream world. A couple years back I talked about the god of dream Mobius and if his existence in the manga. We know nothing of the origins of the dream demon's creation. I would think the very first dream demon is the Sandman.

If Mobius does in fact exist in the manga, what is the gap in power to a dream demon.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 22:36   Link #196
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

So, it seems like there were 3 or 4 pages that were missing when I read Chapter 72. Those death flags were spot on. Quartier is dead. Damn...no more kickass fusion powers anymore.

However, it does look like the plot is about to move forward again.
Old 2014-10-13, 16:26   Link #197
LostSome

Yumeji and Merry figure out that there`s something going on at the shrine and Shiragi is there to welcome them.
This should be good.

Poor Ren... Not only was Quartier Latin(lol) was killed, but Ren's dream came true because of it.
But even in a mess, his fear of girls still kicks in.
Old 2014-12-15, 19:17   Link #198
LostSome

Engi can really summon swords in the real world and John can call his cat girls too.
Shiragi sure loves his mastermind role. "Let`s be lovers, as we fight and hurt each other, our blood, sweat and tears mix onto one."
The guy can create dream sprites from drops of his blood.

I guess no one cares, but... This is getting good as we might finally have some answers about Merry and Yumeji`s past.
Old 2014-12-15, 21:56   Link #199
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Engi can really summon swords in the real world and John can call his cat girls too.
Shiragi sure loves his mastermind role. "Let`s be lovers, as we fight and hurt each other, our blood, sweat and tears mix onto one."
The guy can create dream sprites from drops of his blood.

I guess no one cares, but... This is getting good as we might finally have some answers about Merry and Yumeji`s past.
I care. I very much care. Though I was slightly distracted by Yumeji going chunni on us for a second.
Old 2014-12-15, 22:35   Link #200
Shadow5YA

I think the hints are pretty obvious: Yumeji lost his arm and was in critical condition from shock/blood loss, and Merry used Shiragi's and some of her body parts to heal him.

The fusion of dream and human led to Merry's memory loss and the beginning of the dream leaks to the human world.

Tags
action, supernatural